> Computer issues, Viruses, trojans, crashes, install problems etc
mALX
post Jun 19 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #481

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 19 2018, 04:17 PM) *

Weird.

I'm personally trying to figure out why my Skyrim is stuttering after 30 mins to an hour of gameplay. Might have to change some settings again.

If you let it do "Autosaves" and they build up, it can cause your game to drag. I used to go through and delete all the autosaves and only keep the hard saves I made in there about once per week or so. It keeps the game running cleaner. The Console games have some maintenance things you can do on the hard drive; for the PC I'd suggest doing a defrag and scandisk once per month at least. Also, if it just started it could be a mod conflict; always a good place to check.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 19 2018, 09:31 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 20 2018, 05:25 AM
Post #482

Master
Group Icon

It started after running Beth.INI but I'm really unsure if it's that because it didn't change anything substantial. It's not a mod conflict that I'm aware of but I can't remove stuff from my load order til this character dies.

I've been meaning to clean it out anyway.

Can't defrag. You don't defrag SSDs.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 23 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #483

Ancient
Group Icon

My Geforce Titan X died today. sad.gif Thankfully I had an old 680 I was able to throw in my computer to double-check that it really was the video card, and not the motherboard. The card only has 2 dvi ports, and my monitor only has an hdmi and a display port. So I was not able to plug in my monitor and see anything. But the error beep code stopped.

I looked at buying a new Titan, but Nvidia is sold out of them, and all I can find from other places is used ones. So I went to Micro Center and bought a 1080ti. I was surprised that it was bigger than my Titan X. Though granted my Titan is about 3-4 years old now. So far the 1080 is working ok. Though I have not tried any games with it yet. It is a G-Sync card at least (I think all of Nvidia's new cards are now).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 24 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #484

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ugh. Always such a pain when the graphics card gives up.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 24 2018, 03:10 PM
Post #485

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, never a good thing.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2018, 10:22 PM
Post #486

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 24 2018, 09:18 AM) *

NO!!!! ohmy.gif sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 25 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #487

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 24 2018, 11:22 PM) *

NO!!!! ohmy.gif sad.gif

Yes it is tongue.gif

But I didn't mean mine; Sub-Rosa's.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #488

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 25 2018, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 24 2018, 11:22 PM) *

Yes it is tongue.gif

But I didn't mean mine; Sub-Rosa's.

Okay, then:

NO!!!! ohmy.gif sad.gif Poor SubRosa!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 25 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #489

Master
Group Icon

I'm growing weary of load order testing.

I've narrowed it down to something not playing nice with SKSE.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 25 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #490

Ancient
Group Icon

What is really annoying about my Titan dying is that I had both Skyrim and Fallout 4 working nice with G-Sync on it. In Fallout 4 I had V-Sync shut off in Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini. Then I had G-Sync on, and V-Sync on in the Nvidia Control panel. (This way it uses Nvidia's own V-Sync, not Bethesda's, which is inferior). It never went over 60 fps (so the physics engine of the game did not go insane), but G-Sync kept it running more or less smoothly whenever it dropped under that.

The new card does not want to work that way. Even with V-Sync enabled in Nvidia Control Panel, it just ignores that and goes at 144 fps. Which would be great if it were not for that screwing up Bethesda games. I spent hours experimenting, until I came upon a solution. I turned V-sync back on in the .ini files. Kept it enabled in Nvidia, and now it works mostly how it did before, but not quite a smooth. The worst thing of all is that now when I exit Fallout 4 my screen flickers, and I have to reboot the PC to clear it up. My guess is that G-Sync is not turning off when I go back to the desktop. Screen flicker can be a side effect of using it. *grrr*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #491

Master
Group Icon

That sounds annoying..

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #492

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 25 2018, 06:29 PM) *

What is really annoying about my Titan dying is that I had both Skyrim and Fallout 4 working nice with G-Sync on it. In Fallout 4 I had V-Sync shut off in Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini. Then I had G-Sync on, and V-Sync on in the Nvidia Control panel. (This way it uses Nvidia's own V-Sync, not Bethesda's, which is inferior). It never went over 60 fps (so the physics engine of the game did not go insane), but G-Sync kept it running more or less smoothly whenever it dropped under that.

The new card does not want to work that way. Even with V-Sync enabled in Nvidia Control Panel, it just ignores that and goes at 144 fps. Which would be great if it were not for that screwing up Bethesda games. I spent hours experimenting, until I came upon a solution. I turned V-sync back on in the .ini files. Kept it enabled in Nvidia, and now it works mostly how it did before, but not quite a smooth. The worst thing of all is that now when I exit Fallout 4 my screen flickers, and I have to reboot the PC to clear it up. My guess is that G-Sync is not turning off when I go back to the desktop. Screen flicker can be a side effect of using it. *grrr*

You would think NVidia would be geared for gaming, what could they possibly be thinking to make it hard to game with their cards?

*hugs old PC*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #493

Master
Group Icon

I don't have an old stable PC to hug. I left it with my nephew before I moved to Europe. lol.

I *did* shoot a mail over at the SKSE team to see if they have any ideas. I've stripped my load order bare and I'm still getting stuttering.... but only if SKSE is running. Which is why I think it's SKSE causing my grief.

I *did* just update it last month.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 26 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #494

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 26 2018, 02:19 PM) *

I don't have an old stable PC to hug. I left it with my nephew before I moved to Europe. lol.

I *did* shoot a mail over at the SKSE team to see if they have any ideas. I've stripped my load order bare and I'm still getting stuttering.... but only if SKSE is running. Which is why I think it's SKSE causing my grief.

Why not revert to the prior version of SKSE? Should be easy enough to do. Leastwise is it with Oblivion and OBSE. And if you use Wrye Bash as your mod manager / installer it's walk in the park.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 26 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #495

Councilor
Group Icon

Because SKSE has to "hook" the executable, it's critical that it matches. Did you update SKSE, but miss a patch on Skyrim itself?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #496

Master
Group Icon

No. Skyrim updating without my knowledge was what prompted the SKSE update. I've installed it twice, just to make sure it wasn't installed incorrectly.

Full load order, no SKSE, no stutter.
No mods, SKSE enabled, stutter.

Kane thinks I'm nuts because it's not happening to him.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 26 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #497

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 26 2018, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 26 2018, 02:19 PM) *

Why not revert to the prior version of SKSE? Should be easy enough to do. Leastwise is it with Oblivion and OBSE. And if you use Wrye Bash as your mod manager / installer it's walk in the park.

The problem is as ghastley said, each version of SKSE is tailor made to each version of the Skyrim.exe file. Going back to an older SKSE can only be done if you can somehow go back to an older Skyrim.exe.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #498

Master
Group Icon

Which I think there's a way to do but it's more than I want to do right now.

I'm already contemplating uninstalling and reinstalling Skyrim SE.

Oh yeah... I'm playing special edition. ><

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 27 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #499

Master
Group Icon

You might recall my mentioning blue splotches on "flesh tones" in images / videos since the forced update to Win10 Spring Update. That persisted until this afternoon. Very annoying. I finally decided to get off my duff and tackle the issue. Turns out the solution was/is simply if not intuitive. Opened Nvidia Control Panel to its Change Resolution screen, which also handles color. Checked to make sure colors were set to their default values. They were. Changed that to "use Nvidia color settings" and hit APPLY. Immediately changed back to "use default color settings" and hit APPLY. Voila. No more blue splotches. (They probably disappeared with the switch to Nvidia settings, but I'm use to defaults.)

Still have good feelings toward my recent Logitech Mouse / Charging Mouse Pad purchases. Except for their cost. The charging mouse pad is better 'as a pad' than my old pad, but it had darn well better be for the extreme price difference. The G703 is a fine cordless mouse. Were I to rate it as a cordless mouse I'd ding it a point or two as its braided cord sometimes catches on the sharp rear edge of the the desk tray it resides on. Had it not been for that I might well have kept it as a corded mouse and not invested in the charging pad. As a combo of charging pad and cordless mouse they shine.

I don't know that I could use it as a cordless mouse without the charging pad. At my age I almost never remember to turn off the mouse when I power down the PC at the end of the day. With the charging pad that simply isn't a concern, though I still do so those rare times I remember to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 27 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #500

Master
Group Icon

I should probably start turning off my mouse at night. Lol. I eat batteries for lunch with all day use as it is.

My pc is never shut down.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

79 Pages V « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:37 AM