71 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aravi in Skyrim, her video story
Acadian
post Apr 19 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #461

Paladin
Group Icon

I agree with SubRosa; putting that axe bandit highwayman in a cat sandwich when Aravi hopped down those stairs was great. goodjob.gif

You really conveyed how Aravi feels about spiders. ohmy.gif Burning their webs and sending the boys in first was very effective.

Ouch, Aravi gave that pickpocket a lethal dose of his own juju. After she found that dead Khajiit and saw the next bandit from a distance I was saying, “Now, pull out your bow, Aravi.” And she did! Oooh, and another throat slitting!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 21 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #462

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: I think I said this on your thread, I never encountered the naked problem you had. He must have fixed that.

Esbern is crazy alright, he’s not nearly as helpful to have around as Kharjo is. I’m glad he doesn’t stay for long. Fire Breath is by far Aravi’s favorite Thuum. The Frost atronach is indeed Esbern’s. The first time I saw it, it was kind of a surprise.

I REALLY liked it when Aravi slit their throats. She was obviously upset to see fellow Khajiit piled up like that. She didn’t want to take the gold from them when she came back, but nobody else was probably going to come along other than more bandits. Thanks SubRosa!

@Grits: Oh wow laugh.gif well if you ever need me to wait an extra day, just let me know.

Ah! You are right. I’m glad I only have to keep track of two Khajiit. Those names!

One of those archers was VERY deadly with his bow. I think I had to do that fort twice because he one-shotted Aravi the first time. blink.gif DiD would be very difficult to do in Skyrim. I don’t know what was up with the naked ax guy, that was really weird. Thanks Grits!

@Acadian: Aravi never likes leaving Kharjo on his own to fight someone, she always is looking for a way to flank or shoot arrows into the enemy. He didn’t stand a chance when Aravi got behind him. smile.gif

I think she even used a poison when she got the bow out. Glad she listened to you! wink.gif Thanks Acadian!
##############################

Aravi brings Esbern to Delphine and they discuss their next move.

TIME: 5:08

Through Falkreath is the most direct way to Skyhaven Temple. But first, they pass through Helgen.

TIME: 7:45

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 21 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #463

Ancient
Group Icon

An orc skooma dealer and a dragon in the valley below, how nice.

So Sky Haven Temple and Alduin's Wall it is. Aravi is going to travel with Delphine? I wonder if she will regret that? I hate traveling with NPCs who are not companions. They tend to attack everything in sight with suicidal zeal. Is Esbern going to? Oh no, that means two homicidal maniacs! ohmy.gif

Back to Helgen. I always like going back there to see what it looks like without Imperials and dragons. I like that so much of it is actually in ruins. It is neat to contrast that to how it looked before Alduin showed up to rescue you. The headsman's block still remains though, and is still stained with the blood of that Stormcloak whose ancestors were smiling upon him.

I see Aravi cannot help but to relive the past. Looking from the block, to the tower that Alduin sat upon, to the tower she fled to with Ralof, and the inn that she leapt to. (You can still get up to the second floor btw, by running up that fallen tree trunk).

Did she ditch Esbern and Delphine somewhere along the way? I did not see them when she left Helgen. I guess I must have misunderstood, and they are just going to meet them at Sky Haven.

A piece of advice to Aravi, don't investigate that dog for the blacksmith! Nothing is a bigger pain in the rear then having that blasted thing constantly shoving you.

"Wait, I know you." And then the guy just walks away? WFT? Did a dragon drop him on the head after he was born?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 21 2012, 11:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 22 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #464

Paladin
Group Icon

Vid 1. I love orcs, but not ones you meet on the road trying to proposition you or sell drugs – ugh. I really enjoyed Aravi’s brief mesmerization by the flight of a bee – how very cat-like! I’m glad to see she decided to travel with some company to her next destination.

Vid 2. A neat walk. I like Aravi’s outfit with her little tummy showing; perhaps Jerric or Buffy can send her a belly chain? I liked that you often stopped to let us look around and savor the music and view. I thought she was taking Delphine with her – did I miss something?

“Wanna hire a couple cats to find the blacksmith’s lost dog?” biggrin.gif

“Wait,” says the guard, “I know you.” So Aravi does, and he walks off! I was shaking my head just like she was. Go figure.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 22 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #465

Councilor
Group Icon

Bees!! I love the bees. That made me happy. happy.gif

Oh neat! Esbern pulled a book out of his… pocket. blink.gif That I have never seen!!

Kharjo looks quite handsome in his new armor. I love the little farewell between Orgnar and Delphine. Orgnar’s dialog in general cracks me up.

Wow, Helgen really hit Aravi with the memories. That could have been her blood on the block, and now she’s tangled up with the dragon that saved her. Just empty skies and bird noises this time though. Aravi looked especially lovely in that late afternoon light.

Uh oh, if the guard knows you, doesn’t that mean a bounty? Must be pretty small if he just walked away. I’ve had Esbern and Delphine disappear on me too, and then show up again at an unexpected time. Luckily Esbern is wearing that white shirt. kvleft.gif

These videos gave a sense of Aravi being on an internal journey as well as a road trip. Well done! smile.gif

ETA: I forgot to say, the Nord is in favor of a belly chain! goodjob.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Apr 22 2012, 08:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 22 2012, 10:17 PM
Post #466

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: I’ve seen more orcs and woodelves dealing Skooma than anyone else, including Khajiit. The Khajiit traders usually have some moonsugar on them though.

Aravi was going to travel with two maniacs, but they disappeared pretty soon outside of Riverwood. I guess they chose a different path. I’m glad they weren’t around to be honest. Aravi was able to stop in Helgen. She wouldn’t have stopped had they been there.

I was really confused by the guard at the end too, but I suspect Grits is right. She might still have a small bounty after she smacked that orc on the road. Thanks SubRosa!

@Acadian: Some of the orcs in Skyrim are really cool. So far Aravi’s only met the arrogant and the dealers. kvleft.gif The bees are so cool! Thanks on Aravi’s armor. happy.gif I thought she was traveling with Delphine too, but Delphine quickly forged her own path. Fine with Aravi, its quiet without her. Thanks Acadian!

@Grits: I thought the book out of the pocket was kind of funny too. Whatever. laugh.gif I thought Kharjo looked goofy in the wolf armor. He won’t be in that armor for very long. smile.gif She really got hit with the memories at Helgen. It was much stronger than I thought it would have been. I really didn’t know what was up with the guard, but I think you are right. She smacked that orc on the road and I think she got a bounty from that.

I still haven’t found a belly chain in any mods. I actually looked. laugh.gif Thanks Grits!

################################

Some screens today!

Aravi went hunting recently on her own to collect pelts so she could make something. She ended up clearing a few dungeons with very little hunting.

Enjoying the fresh air on her own

Inside a small cave she took shelter in for a night. She had to fight a bear and a spriggan that didn’t want to share.

Healing

Finishing a bandit chief

After the hunt, Aravi collected Kharjo and headed to Karthspire.

Near Karthspire, Kharjo did something unexpected.

Imitating Aravi

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 22 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #467

Ancient
Group Icon

I love that look on Aravi's face in the first pic. She looks pleasantly surprised, like she just found a glass bow under the Saturalia tree.

And Kharjo went dual weapons! I have heard that most followers do not do that, and some will only do it with certain weapon combinations.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 23 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #468

Paladin
Group Icon

I’m with SubRosa. That first shot is gorgeous. happy.gif Aravi is stunning and I can just about feel the crisp air freezing my lungs!

What a great close up of Aravi healing.

I like Aravi’s green cape and that looks like a katana she is carrying now?

Woot! Kharjo using both hands!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 23 2012, 01:23 AM
Post #469

Councilor
Group Icon

It looks like Aravi had a refreshing solo hunt. I love the closeups that really show her face. smile.gif

Kharjo in Blades armor dual-wielding AXES!! That is beyond awesome. I see that Aravi has Dawnbreaker, very nice. I’m so glad you posted these, KC!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 24 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #470

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: She has such a silly expression on her face in that first screen! laugh.gif I did some checking and the dual axes might have come from Better Followers. I’ll have to see if he does it all the time, how good he is, ect. Thanks SubRosa!

@Acadian: She might not have a belly chain, but she has an amulet with a powerful resist frost enchantment. The healing one is my favorite. Aravi ran into some big cats that weren’t as friendly as Guen. Thanks Acadian!

@Grits: As much as she likes having Kharjo around, she enjoyed a little time without him around. She had a few hair raising (and tail poofing) moments, but she can still handle Skyrim on her own. Thanks Grits!

############################

Aravi leaves Falkreath and makes her way to Karthspire.

TIME: 8:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 24 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #471

Ancient
Group Icon

Everytime I see Karthspire or Karthwasten I think of Carth Onasi from KOTOR, one of my favorite video game characters ever (and favorite voice actors. Raphael Sbarge should have voiced the MenShep in the Mass Effect series, rather than a supporting character like Kaidan).

I just noticed that Aravi's tail really bounces around when she runs.

Uh oh, here comes that dog from Brooklyn. So did Aravi decide to ignore Barrabas after all, and just head west to the Rift?

Sounds like trouble up ahead in those mountains. At first I thought it might be a dragon, but when she got in sight of the camp, I am sure it is a bear. Oh wait, maybe it is both! ohmy.gif

Well that Cave Bear was nice enough to level up Aravi's Light Armor for her! wink.gif Whoa, what did Kharjo hit it with to send it flying like that! ohmy.gif Yikes, the dragon's head is right behind it! blink.gif Run Aravi, Run! She was almost dead at that point. Much as I hate Barbas, I have to admit he would have been handy there. He is not just essential, but completely invulnerable. So he cannot even be driven down to one knee.

That blood dragon was pretty tough. With a name like that, I would expect it to be a vampire or something.

What was Kharjo saying during the fight? I could not make it out?

Here come the twin swords! This won't take much longer. Nope, it did not. Aravi rode the dragon! I got that same kill camera when Hrafn killed the dragon at the Western Watchtower in Dragon Rising.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 24 2012, 05:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 25 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #472

Paladin
Group Icon

I’ve seen Skyrim’s giant transformer robots - justified by the almighty word, ‘Dwemer’. Here we're introduced to Clavicus Vile's smart astronaut dog with an accented attitude. Had the pooch kept its mouth shut, I would have noted that the animal was beautifully reminiscent of Jerric’s Ulfe.

Thank Azura that Aravi followed that doggone scene by treating me to some wonderful time walking through the wilderness with those hauntingly rich background noises – the calls of dragons perhaps? Very neat! Until they got close, *gulp* then it got scary. A cave bear! Then a Dragon too?!? Yikes. I’m glad Aravi got some of that double fisted healing. That was close! I’m so glad that after bathing in all that dragon breath, neither Aravi nor Kharjo got their fur burned off. Whew!

No teasing Aravi about her tail now – it’s complete and total awesomesauce!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 25 2012, 02:44 AM
Post #473

Councilor
Group Icon

Those woods are so pretty around Falkreath. It was nice to see them walk along for a bit. Thankfully without Barbus. I do love the Ulfe dogs, but that one has a mouth on him.

Uh oh, a bear and a dragon. Yikes, the dragon landed so close!

Kharjo said, “I’m not sticking around to fight a dragon.” He’s no fool. But then it got them in between those rocks anyway. The campfire was a real hazard, and dead bodies already on the ground from the bear. Skyrim can be so hospitable. blink.gif

That was a wild dragon battle! So many close calls, and it kept landing right on top of them! That moment when Kharjo was still shooting right into its fire, I thought he was going to get eaten. The kill cam and hawk noise at the end were perfect! Good grief, that fight definitely makes the Aravi highlights reel. Amazing!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 26 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #474

Ancient
Group Icon

You might want to try out UFO. Among other things, it allows you to see your followers stats, as well as lets you level them up, have up to 15 of them at once, and other things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 26 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #475

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: I never played KOTOR but I’ve heard great things of it. Bioware’s really gone downhill as of late.

Barbas kind of took off on his own. Not shown is Aravi trying to catch up with him, but he was damn fast. She decided that going to Karthspire as she originally intended was a better plan anyways. Kharjoi slammed the bear with a special shield bash added by Better Followers. 30% chance of knocking an enemy off their feet. Kharjo was saying “I’m not sticking around to fight a dragon!” Thanks SubRosa!

Oh and I can’t use UFO because I'm part of this mod.

@Acadian: All the pooches in Skyrim look like Ulfe!

You got it! She heard dragons as she walked. Then when she was nearing Karthspire she could really hear one. Maybe the healing magic restored their fur too? Aravi was using it quite a bit. Either way I’m sure glad they weren’t missing any fur either! The tails are totally awesome! Thanks Acadian!

@Grits: I really got irritated with Barbas later. His constant knocking into you and the barking. I actually made a little mod to make him less painful to be around for the brief time Aravi was with him.

Aravi was totally with Kharjo when he proposed to run. Too bad he went in a direction that was a dead end. Aravi didn’t actually notice the bodies from the bear until after the dragon was dead. It took her a second to figure out where they came from. That was a crazy dragon fight. Aravi manages them much better now, especially with Kharjo. That one had a lot of running away. Thanks Grits!

#######################

Some screen shots!

Aravi in Skyhaven Temple.

One

Two

Three

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 26 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #476

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, these are beautiful. Aravi is so lovely in One. And Kharjo in Three!! Holy smokes, that armor is perfect for him. He looks hot!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 26 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #477

Ancient
Group Icon

Love that first pic, where Aravi has the happy face.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 27 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #478

Paladin
Group Icon

One – Such a great shot of Aravi with her new(?) katana. She is so beautiful and you put as much care into the backgrounds you choose as you do with Aravi. happy.gif

Two – A great silhouette of kitty in deep thought. Backdropped against winter clouds – but with a hint of sun under there.

Three – Wow, this is perfection. From Aravi’s reading pose to her handsome cat in shining armor. And a wonderfully spooky backdrop for this one – such rich atmosphere.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 27 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #479

Master
Group Icon

@Grits: That armor fits Kharjo perfectly. Aravi shows amazing restraint around him. laugh.gif Thanks Grits!

@SubRosa: It can be difficult to get screens of her sometimes smiling. Thanks SubRosa!

@Acadian: Ah, it’s actually her old sword (the one you’ve seen her using in the videos) but you are about to see her get a new one in the video after this one. I’m really happy with how this group of screens came out. I like scenery in Skyrim, so I try to work it into my screenshots. Thanks Acadian!

###############################

Aravi and Kharjo approach Karthspire and find it full of the forsworn.

TIME: 9:34

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 27 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #480

Ancient
Group Icon

That Forsworn mage was tough. Her summoned Frost Astronaut did not do much, but she was slinging those ice bolts like there was no tomorrow. Woudn't it be nice to be an NPC, and never have to worry about running out of magicka?

Smart move by Aravi to go around the back of that rock, and outflank that Forsworn guy. She certainly made short work of that Hagraven after that!

Hey, the Forsworn are dual-wielding too! I am not sure if I have ever seen regular NPCs do that before.

Look Esbern and Delphine turned up as soon as the danger was over. How convenient.

That was one confusing fight inside. I could not tell who was who.

So through the blood seal, and into the unknown.

--------------------
+Quote Post

71 Pages V « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:35 AM