Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Dark Reaper
post Feb 23 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #3881

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 23 2019, 02:12 AM) *

Ah Ding Chavze, he goes on to be Commander of Rainbow Six in Vegas 1 & 2.

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 23 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #3882

Ancient
Group Icon

Did any of y’all play Rainbox6 3: Raven Shield? It was fun.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2019, 05:09 PM
Post #3883

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 23 2019, 05:08 PM) *

Nein. Played some Ghost Recon though.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 23 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #3884

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 23 2019, 10:08 AM) *

Only played the N64 version, Vegas 1&2 and Siege.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 23 2019, 10:09 AM) *

I'm still playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. Which doesn't seem to be in the same timeline as Ghost Recon Advance Warfare, Advance Warfare 2 and EndWar. I think it takes place in the Future Soldiers and Rainbow Six Siege (due to Operation: Archangel). The reason for me to think this because in the Advance Warfare series Mitchell goes on to be General in AW2 and EndWar, In FS he's a Major and in Wildlands a Lt.Col.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 23 2019, 05:47 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 23 2019, 05:57 PM
Post #3885

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 23 2019, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 23 2019, 05:08 PM) *

Ghost Recon Nein is out? How time flies.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 24 2019, 06:28 AM
Post #3886

Master
Group Icon

While looking through my PS4's game library I discovered I had No Man's Sky on it. Sweet now I can get my Space Flight Sim fix biggrin.gif .

Here's some video of Rainbow Six Siege.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 24 2019, 07:51 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 25 2019, 12:00 AM
Post #3887

Master
Group Icon

So, another "discovery" from all the rearranging of... "stuff" was my original "Ambush!" game from Victory Games ca. 1983.

It was an addictive solitaire version of squad combat set in WWII. But- we have cats. Cats who want to examine whatever you are doing. And by "examine," I mean "jump in the middle of and bat the interesting little squares of cardboard across the room." So board-games are kind of... off the table (sorry).

But- I discovered there is a free download of the Vassal game engine with an Ambush! module.

So I am now on turn 3 of "Bloody St. Mick". The German sniper's K98 has just jammed (thank you, gods of the random die roll), my corporal (who was getting shot at by the sniper (and his 2 friends) has panicked (because he was all by himself in a patch of woods with 7.92 rounds pruning the branches.) Now I am hoping to get the BAR man into action...

This post has been edited by treydog: Feb 25 2019, 12:03 AM

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #3888

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 24 2019, 06:28 AM) *

Here's some video of Rainbow Six Siege.

Thes kind of vids are oddly relaxing to watch. Unfortunately I'm having issues with buffering. Happens from time to time.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 26 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #3889

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2019, 11:28 AM) *

Thes kind of vids are oddly relaxing to watch. Unfortunately I'm having issues with buffering. Happens from time to time.

Glad it relaxes you cause it stresses me out trying to deal with the bombers lol tongue.gif . However once I get the bombers out of the way the rest is cake walk till you get about 3 enemies left then you need to find a good staging area cause the last three guys will try to rush ya.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 26 2019, 12:06 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 26 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #3890

Master
Group Icon

Got Resident Evil 7 downloading, this wouldn't be a bad game to LP someday.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 27 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #3891

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 26 2019, 11:42 PM) *

Got Resident Evil 7 downloading, this wouldn't be a bad game to LP someday.

Could you please wait until I get unemployed again? Loved your last RE LP with my daily morning tea biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Feb 27 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #3892

Master
Group Icon

So a couple days ago I killed a pair of stronger than normal monsters called bazelgeuse.

These bastages are called B52s. They're attracted to monster roars, so splitting them up for long isn't possible, and taking both on at the same time is ill advised.

They perform bombing runs, dropping scales that either explode when it(he dive bombs the bombed area on the third pass), or when enraged, explode immediately upon landing. So meleeing him is dangerous.

I just pulled out my gun and let them beat on each other for a while, til one got tired and flew off. Laid into the one remaining, and backed off again when his buddy came back. Repeat.

Then yesterday I had to kill a Kirin. Think, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Lightning." Beautiful unicorn monster that zaps the ever loving crap out of you. Repeatedly.

Fun times.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 28 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #3893

Master
Group Icon

https://www.geoguessr.com/

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 28 2019, 10:57 PM
Post #3894

Mouth
Group Icon

I absolutely lost my mind and started clearing out the different areas in Enderal instead of following the story just after curing the Arcane Fever. I did start two of the new questlines but I don't plan on following them until I've explored every inch of the map first. Especially since they tend to jump in difficulty after each quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 1 2019, 11:02 PM
Post #3895

Master
Group Icon

More responses for mALX:

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 11:30 AM) *

Now, back to Episode 14: It had several scenes that deserved mention; especially one near the end where you were coming into a large busy station and then waiting while other trains worked their way through the station = that was Awesome! I can't even begin to imagine how much time you spent building up that one station and all those interactions!!! Holy Cow!!!

There was another station early on in the vid where I could actually hear some music playing in the distance as if it was coming from either inside the station or something = but the train only slowed down there; so it was such a quick interchange that I had to back it up and listen again to be sure I heard it = that little detail really made this vid for me.

Another thing I noticed coming into a large station at the end of the vid was the steam puffing out of the train as it braked = it got so thick you could barely see for a few seconds!

Did you have to add that in or is that done automatically by the game? These little details are what makes these vids spectacular for me; how do you think of them? These vids are a far cry from the first Episode you posted; you are really becoming a master at these trips!

You said this vid was a "Blasphemy Episode" = I don't agree. Following immediately after Episode 13 it might be overshadowed at first by that Episode (which was a masterpiece). But what Episode 14 lacks in scenery, it makes up for in detail. You can watch your vids from the beginning and map your progress in world building with these train trips. Those details made this vid; I'm really glad you uploaded it!

That congested station, with trains slowly working their way through the network. As mentioned numerous times and likely to be repeated ad nauseam, this first map's railway network fails in a number of significant ways. That said, one thing I set out to accomplish, and actually achieved, is busy, congested routes where lots of trains interact without bringing the network to a stop. Rail traffic flows more smoothly than it has any right to, considering how inept I was in other regards.

Smoke. That's the game (both vanilla and modded locos) and nothing to do with me. I do love me some locomotive steam/smoke. To me it's one of steam's glories. I find it saddening that one of the games most popular mods is a loco smoke reducer.

Yeah, TpF has some very nice sound effects.

As to ep14's worthiness, I obviously agree with you to an extent. Otherwise, I'd not have uploaded it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 2 2019, 01:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 2 2019, 03:17 AM
Post #3896

Master
Group Icon

Played the Beta of The Division 2. I can't wait for the official release.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 2 2019, 04:00 AM
Post #3897

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 1 2019, 05:02 PM) *

More responses for mALX:

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2019, 11:30 AM) *

Now, back to Episode 14: It had several scenes that deserved mention; especially one near the end where you were coming into a large busy station and then waiting while other trains worked their way through the station = that was Awesome! I can't even begin to imagine how much time you spent building up that one station and all those interactions!!! Holy Cow!!!

There was another station early on in the vid where I could actually hear some music playing in the distance as if it was coming from either inside the station or something = but the train only slowed down there; so it was such a quick interchange that I had to back it up and listen again to be sure I heard it = that little detail really made this vid for me.

Another thing I noticed coming into a large station at the end of the vid was the steam puffing out of the train as it braked = it got so thick you could barely see for a few seconds!

Did you have to add that in or is that done automatically by the game? These little details are what makes these vids spectacular for me; how do you think of them? These vids are a far cry from the first Episode you posted; you are really becoming a master at these trips!

You said this vid was a "Blasphemy Episode" = I don't agree. Following immediately after Episode 13 it might be overshadowed at first by that Episode (which was a masterpiece). But what Episode 14 lacks in scenery, it makes up for in detail. You can watch your vids from the beginning and map your progress in world building with these train trips. Those details made this vid; I'm really glad you uploaded it!

That congested station, with trains slowly working their way through the network. As mentioned numerous times and likely to be repeated ad nauseam, this first map's railway network fails in a number of significant ways. That said, one thing I set out to accomplish, and actually achieved, is busy, congested routes where lots of trains interact without bringing the network to a stop. Rail traffic flows more smoothly than it has any right to, considering how inept I was in other regards.

Smoke. That's the game (both vanilla and modded locos) and nothing to do with me. I do love me some locomotive steam/smoke. To me it's one of steam's glories. I find it saddening that one of the games most popular mods is a loco smoke reducer.

Yeah, TpF has some very nice sound effects.

As to ep14's worthiness, I obviously agree with you to an extent. Otherwise, I'd not have uploaded it. smile.gif

I also love it; and especially the sound of the whistles blowing when they are coming to a crossroads.

My old house was near enough to a crossing where every morning at 4 a.m. I would be laying in bed and hear the train whistle blow in the distance; and sometimes you could even hear the cars going over the crossing. I used to wake early just to hear it; then when it blew = it was a signal to me to rise and start my day.

When Bob and I married and I moved to his house there was a crossing even further away from his house than that one was to my house; I could just barely hear the whistle, and never could hear the cars rumbling over the crossing = too far away. It was far enough away that it had to be really quiet to hear the whistle. That one blew closer to 5 a.m. A little late for starting my morning; but I waited so the house would be quiet and I'd be able to hear it.

A few years ago I moved into the city; and here the train goes through at 9:30 p.m. I rarely get to hear it because I'm always busy at that time of night. The worst part is = no more train whistles to wake me or start my day with. verysad.gif

It really is a "lonesome" sound like I think some song said; but it is such a beautiful sound too. I really miss waking to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-fy9tzvU34

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 3 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #3898

Master
Group Icon

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep17 is now available for viewing. Here's the first paragraph of its YouTube description:

"We perch atop a Passenger Wagon and travel by rail between game-generated Chesham and self-placed Goodstown Village, with stop at Farmville en route. Goodstown and Farmville were created with Ploppable Town Buildings and other assets. The former generates decent passenger traffic, the latter not so much."

It's a revisit to the passenger line traveled in episode five. Much has changed since then. The original Farmville Station is replaced with a newer structure in order to increase its length for 80m to 100m. Track-side scenery has been redone along much of the route. Even the train itself is upgraded.

Our train is a prolific smoker. That's not normally much of an issue. Indeed, I usually consider it a plus. This trip it's sometimes a detriment, thanks to YouTube compression. It renders all that smoke a bit more opaque than what's seen in my more transparent local copy, sometimes obscuring too much of the countryside we travel through. Ironically, our rooftop camera position seems to survive YT compression better than my preferred side-camera when smoke isn't so thick. Theater Mode might be slightly better than Full Screen at negating the effects of opaque loco smoke. Then again it might not.

In other TpF news, I spent a lot of time these past several days looking over my current map, trying to figure out how to salvage the mess I made of much of my railway network. As with previous such attempts, I'm at a loss.

Sunday evening addendum:
Watched ep17 again on YouTube. Smoke's not as detrimental as I first thought. The return trip...Chesham to Goodstown...suffers least from it, as our train pretty much as the railway to itself. During the Goodstown to Chesham leg we parallel a freight train much of the way, so have two prolific smokers side by side to content with. Ironically, I picked that particular run to 'film' because of the freight train, its added smoke a positive on my local copy.

@mALX
Talk about living close to the tracks. In this less than one minute clip folks push it to absurdity!

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 4 2019, 03:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 6 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #3899

Master
Group Icon

The entirety of my gaming time remains devoted Transport Fever. Been an 'interesting' couple of days, play wise. Worked to resolve a recently discovered dilemma. Sittingbourne Food Trains were delivering only a minuscule amount of food, while most of their cars remained empty. Took several hours to iron that out, including one 'fix' that reduced 'minuscule' to 'zero.' (I upgraded Sittingbourne's inner-city freight trucks to better distribute products where needed, but mistakenly picked trucks that don't carry food. Didn't catch that mistake for some time.)

Spent hours smoothing out the more jarring bumps from my Sittingbourne to Dunwich tracks. That proved a major pain. Some initial fixes ended up being worse than what I started out with. In the end, I alleviated a number of bumps, reduced others. None are as bad as they were. Suffered a major SNAFU in the process. With track re-laid, I decided to relax with a few Sittingbourne to Dunwich Passenger Train rides along my now smoother rails. Did that a while. Eventually grew tied. Exited ride mode. Was greeted by a Warning Message stating that two trains had come to a stop facing each other. One of them was one of two Sittingbourne Food Delivery trains. The other train travels a totally different route, nowhere near Sittingbourne. I tracked down that Food train. It was far from its assigned route, going the wrong direction on the track it chose to travel! Doing so, it caused a game-miles long backup of trains going the proper direction along that track. I quickly created a temporary rail connection to the next track over, allowing the wandering train to unblock traffic. Man is that gonna screw up delivery timetables for a while! At any rate, our train eventually worked its way back to Sittingbourne and on to the Food Processing plant. All's well again, so far as Sittingbourne food delivery is concerned.

What caused the problem? Our Food Train was in Sittingbourne Freight Station while I ripped out and re-laid all that track. That confused it. I'd have caught it sooner had I not been in ride mode.

Did some minor scenic detailing this morning/afternoon. Nothing to brag about.

No ideas yet for TpF SRA ep18.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 7 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #3900

Ancient
Group Icon

Gog.com now has the original Diablo on sale. I am downloading it now.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 193 194 195 196 197 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:55 PM