Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Imgur
Renee
post Oct 1 2021, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Imgur is the site a lot of us use to post linked pictures. We click on the link in somebody's story or screenshots post, we see the picture.

Except sometimes the picture (the screenshot) often does not pop up on its own; in the background we'll often see the actual Imgur website. And then we must click on the picture to enlarge it. Except the picture won't go full screen (or even near full screen). It merely covers most of the Imgur page, which is still in the background.

This happens for me when using any internet browser except ancient Internet Explorer, oddly. Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge usually require two clicks. IE, oddly, only requires one.

An example. Sometimes that picture I just posted will go full screen. Of course, now that I'm making this thread it pops up all the way, making me a feel little embarrassed. embarrased.gif Often though the pic won't go full screen. And I'll need to click on it a second time to make it go full screen.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? laugh.gif I wonder if I'm the only one.

Because I find clicking on the picture that second time to be left-brain activity. Active, not passive. I click on the link, my brain expects to see a picture, and the neurons in my brain expect to take in this picture while everything else fades away for a few moments. Instead, I am often clicking on the picture a second time, and my brain does not get the artistic reward it expects. That second click is an action, not an experience. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

I know ghastley and Lena have their own websites, or have their pics hosted on websites, but I assume those are paid. I am already paying for Photobucket and Imgur both. I don't want to pay some other website...

MY question: does anybody know a surefire way to simply make Imgur do what I want, every time? Display only the pic, without the Imgur website background?

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 1 2021, 01:20 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 09:53 PM