Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Rihanae
post Jul 1 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Recently i've been working on a novel thats been in development for two years. It's a psychological horror with touches of comedy and drama.

It's about a group of strangers that are called to a town to rid it from a hell queen that threatens earth.

It's alot of fun and I love it; so is there anythinh, literally ANYTHING that you're wirking on?

P.S I need constructive critisism so if anyone is willing to read individual chapters I would be eternally gratefull!! I've had great feedback frim friends/relatives but I would love a writers opinion smile.gif

also my book is as well as Lissa, not instead of. I'm eorking on.the consistently with each other. It's hard, but incredible smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Jul 1 2012, 12:23 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lycanthropic-Legend
post Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #2

Agent

Very nice. A work of the pyche with horror with sprinkles of comedic touches and drama... Sounds like madness to me! Brilliant madness, that is. I will assume that it is not based on Fallout or the Elder Scrolls, right?

I am working on a story based on the Elder Scrolls universe, about a troubled family living somewhere a bit distanced from Chorrol. About the Fighters Guild, sisterhood and werewolves. It took me some time to try and get the main protagonist right. I know few people that can pull off the tough woman with the dry sarcastic with and dark humor, but she's mostly that archetype.

--------------------
"The speed and strength of the beast. The thrill of the hunt. The triumph of the kill. This is our purpose, our way of life."-Majni.
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Jul 1 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Jul 1 2012, 12:14 AM) *

Very nice. A work of the pyche with horror with sprinkles of comedic touches and drama... Sounds like madness to me! Brilliant madness, that is. I will assume that it is not based on Fallout or the Elder Scrolls, right?

I am working on a story based on the Elder Scrolls universe, about a troubled family living somewhere a bit distanced from Chorrol. About the Fighters Guild, sisterhood and werewolves. It took me some time to try and get the main protagonist right. I know few people that can pull off the tough woman with the dry sarcastic with and dark humor, but she's mostly that archetype.

Yes, my book is set outside the ES universe. It is mad, but it's also a very real and relatable story with the situations and characters. The characters really drive the story.

Your story sounds amazing! Yourprotagonist intreagues me. Definatly my kind of read!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 1 2012, 01:27 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Other than continuing Aravi's video thread, I have been working on a Skyrim mod that brings more life to the followers in the game. Right now, they are still considered following you when you tell them to stay somewhere. I want to try dismissing them from your service and have them live where you leave them. Dismissing them has lead to people disappearing randomly though. Needs more work.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lycanthropic-Legend
post Jul 1 2012, 02:17 AM
Post #5

Agent

Hey, thanks! Your story seems very interesting, I speak and all honesty.

King Coin. Nice name by the way. Creative. Your mod sounds clever too. I regretfully do not play on the PC. Can you link me to the Aravi video?

--------------------
"The speed and strength of the beast. The thrill of the hunt. The triumph of the kill. This is our purpose, our way of life."-Majni.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 1 2012, 02:47 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Jun 30 2012, 08:17 PM) *

King Coin. Nice name by the way. Creative. Your mod sounds clever too. I regretfully do not play on the PC. Can you link me to the Aravi video?

Certainly, Link

That's the latest page. I do episodes ranging from 7 - 10 minutes generally. I have quite a few episodes posted, so if you are interested, I can send you a summary and you can just pick it up at the latest episode.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lycanthropic-Legend
post Jul 1 2012, 03:39 AM
Post #7

Agent

A summary would be nice. But I will indeed keep a check on the other videos.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jul 2 2012, 03:18 AM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

Working on a holy mother of a fan fiction about the Great War, named 'An Empire Falls' at the moment.

One of my main problems however is trying to condense the continent-spanning conflict to fewer characters. I feel I have too many viewpoints at the moment and keeping them all linked is difficult!

But then again, Game of Thrones has a pretty decent list so it could work out!

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 2 2012, 06:17 AM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

*Giggles inanely about the concept of free time*...

Anything I can claw back from the wee small hours of the morning are basically spent either playing *Insert game here* or writing my KOTN story...

If I don't get up early, I don't get anything done...Simples!... biggrin.gif ...

High maintainance family much?...Oh yes, I think so... indifferent.gif ...

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 2 2012, 06:33 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Jun 30 2012, 07:14 PM) *

Your story sounds very interesting! The description (and your profile name) reminds me of a mod I downloaded for Oblivion - "The Oblivion Werewolf Mod." It was AWESOME!

The player catches Lycanthropy disease and becomes a werewolf (after 3 nightmares and then when the moons are in a certain phase). If the player attacks someone while in werewolf form and doesn't kill them - that person becomes a werewolf follower. The player can go live in werewolf packs out in the wilderness if they want (there are several, usually up in the mountains or wooded areas) - and regular wolves no longer attack the player. I had a blast with the mod!

My two projects right now:

1. Both are mods I've been working on since last year (although they've been on hold since the new year). It is a village with three quests (all that is done) - what is taking so long is setting up voice dialogue for some of the NPC's in the village. I have all the voice files sorted and ready, just have to set it up. Also on that mod, I am trying to find some way to make an AI package for a drunk NPC that makes them sprawl in a chair (like the Jarls in Skyrim do) and hopefully snore loudly while sprawled. (as opposed to just raising their tankard up repeatedly and shrugging their shoulders like the current drunk AI package does).

2. The second mod is an academy for training assassins and mercenaries. It is built and all NPC's inside, but I'm having an issue with the AI not working as it should. ARGH !!

I kind of got distracted from working on them when Skyrim came out, and haven't had enough free time this year to do a [censored] thing.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 2 2012, 06:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lycanthropic-Legend
post Jul 2 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #11

Agent

I heard of the werewolf mod. I've came across a few videos about it on youtube and I debated if I would purchase the PC version or not. In the end, my computer was not enough to support the game nicely. The mod sounds amazing. I love the fact that the greatest things are often done by the fans and the community rather than the folks at Bethesda Studios.

Your mods for Skyrim sounds pretty cool too. I always wondered why drunkards in the game never acted much like drunkards. There was only one animation, if I recall correctly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 2 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Jul 2 2012, 11:16 AM) *

I heard of the werewolf mod. I've came across a few videos about it on youtube and I debated if I would purchase the PC version or not. In the end, my computer was not enough to support the game nicely. The mod sounds amazing. I love the fact that the greatest things are often done by the fans and the community rather than the folks at Bethesda Studios.

Your mods for Skyrim sounds pretty cool too. I always wondered why drunkards in the game never acted much like drunkards. There was only one animation, if I recall correctly.

That werewolf mod was the most fun I had with any mod. Being able to infect others and spread the disease was Awesome! The Player was automatically welcome amongst other werewolves (but they would attack any follower that wasn't a werewolf) and hunted by werewolf hunters the mod added to the game.

The spontaneous turning into a werewolf - unless you closely followed the moon's cycles it would suddenly take you over without warning. You could be in town and be seen transforming (instantly NPC's try to kill you or flee screaming), it was a blast!

My PC isn't great either, I upgraded it as much as I could and it barely plays Oblivion at half graphics. If I want to actually play the game, I'm better off doing it on my 360. The PC is great for modding and screenshots, though. Being able to mod the game opened up a whole new world for me.

Agreed on the drunkards. I wanted one to stagger, sprawl when they sit, fall asleep in a chair and snore, etc. In the village, I wanted to have him go to the chapel for sermons and sprawl on one of the benches snoring loudly.

Right now they just stand (or sit) in one spot and tip up their tankard repeatedly in Oblivion. In Skyrim they shrug their shoulders as if some form of dance.

I noticed in Skyrim that if the Player sits on a Jarl's throne - the Player sprawls too, it must be a scripted AI to the chair itself (not the Jarl, which I originally thought) - I want to figure out how to do that in Oblivion and just make the drunk use that chair - that will solve one problem, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 2 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been fiddling around with reworking Skyrim's racial powers. I have done a few already, and started doing more today.

I never use once a day powers, because I always either forget I have them, or I find myself saving them up for that moment I really need them. Of course I only realize when that moment is after it has already passed. So they are useless to me.

So what I am doing is replacing those once a day powers with either constant effects with lower magnitudes, or something completely different. For example, I took the High Elf power to increase their magicka regen and instead made it a constant 20% bonus to their magicka regeneration. I removed the Redguard Adrenaline Rush, and instead gave them a 50 point bonus to Stamina, and a constant 20% bonus to their stamina regeneration (basically a mirror of the High Elves, but with Stamina rather than Magicka). I did a similar thing with the Imperials, removing the Voice of the Emperor and giving them an extra 50 Health. I left them with the Imperial Luck power though.

I made the Bosmer Command Animal a lesser power, so they can use it any number of times a day, and extended the duration to 2 minutes. I also gave them a 20% extra damage to archery.

I am not sure about the other races yet. I'll probably give the Argonians their 100% poison resistance back. I might make the Orc's Berserk a spell so they can use it any number of times a day, but have it cost stamina or magicka. Or I might just remove it entirely and give them a permanent fortification to the one and two-handed damage they do. Or I might do that with the Nords.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jul 3 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

This is a complete pipe-dream, but one thing I would love to do is either an animated web series or a webcomic based around Skyrim. Alas, while I have plenty of good ideas for jokes, I still lack the skills to make it a reality, so it's probably going to find life as a story at some point.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 3 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jul 3 2012, 09:56 AM) *

This is a complete pipe-dream, but one thing I would love to do is either an animated web series or a webcomic based around Skyrim. Alas, while I have plenty of good ideas for jokes, I still lack the skills to make it a reality, so it's probably going to find life as a story at some point.

I'm ready to watch it already! I can't understand why Bethesda hasn't been tapping the animated angle for all their games - The Elder Scrolls Adventures - either for movies or syndicated to television.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 25 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

I've been doing a lot of building with wood.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Lycanthropic-Legend
post Dec 25 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #17

Agent

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 25 2012, 09:48 PM) *

In the morning . . . .when you wake up.

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lycanthropic-Legend: Dec 25 2012, 09:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 6 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Dec 25 2012, 12:58 PM) *

laugh.gif

What's that supposed to mean huh.gif

Anyway, I've had to stop with the wood carving because I quit my part-time at the gas station, and now my sister pays me to watch her kids all day while she works.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 6 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 6 2013, 08:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Lycanthropic-Legend @ Dec 25 2012, 12:58 PM) *

laugh.gif

What's that supposed to mean huh.gif

Anyway, I've had to stop with the wood carving because I quit my part-time at the gas station, and now my sister pays me to watch her kids all day while she works.

My husband picked up wood carving, and he made some amazing little pieces with it! He made little statues of all our pets, and a few nice plaques with inset intricate details - really nice stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 6 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Trying to piecemeal all of my fics into a one big gigantic all-star story revolving around the plot of Oblivion. I've been trying this since my last post in a long-dead story of mine, which is probably years ago, and I still haven't done a SINGLE chapter. A single chapter.

Honestly I can't seem to find the motivation and imagination to even write anymore. But I'm trying. And its safe to say that its kinda progressing.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post

103 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 PM