> Computer issues, Viruses, trojans, crashes, install problems etc
Dark Reaper
post Jun 30 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #981

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 30 2020, 11:10 AM) *

Awesome biggrin.gif

If all goes to plan I'll record a video my PC's performance happy.gif. I guess I should record a before video for comparison but I'll have to use a camera for that, I think trying to capture photage might cause my PC to crash. Division 2 eats up ram like me and spaghetti.

Well---looks like it's back to console gaming for me, apparently I bought faulty memory cards and a processor. I'll be returning them back tomorrow and getting my money back and running over to CDR's for a new PS4 system IPB Image

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jul 1 2020, 09:45 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 2 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #982

Master
Group Icon

Waiting for the groceries to arrive . . .

For some time I’ve been nostalgic for TESIV Oblivion and TESV Skyrim. My not-so-new iMac has plenty of room for a Win10 partition, but I use it daily for things like ESO, mail, browsing and watching videos (Netflix, Acorn TV and TV+). I thought I would try Paralells to create a virtual Win10 machine to run Skyrim on the macOS.

Unfortunately, no matter what I tried, Skyrim did not play well in Parallels. If anything, it was WORSE then when I played it that way on my 2012 laptop back in the day. Even vanilla Skyrim had horrible freezing/stuttering that messed up my combat and destroyed any enjoyment I may derive from a trip down nostalgia lane.

During my investigations, I discovered that there is a downloadable version of Oblivion GOTY available for $15 from Beth. Hrrrm, it is very tempting - especially since getting an external DVD burner would cost me a minimum of $70 for the USB SuperDrive from Apple. I find it hard to justify that price for a single disc . . .

After evaluating my current storage situation on the iMac, I’ve decided to bite the bullet and reconfigure it with BootCamp and set aside 256 GB for Win10. Since I already purchased it for Parallels, might as well get my money’s worth out of it (why Microsoft is still charging for updates, when Apple stopped doing that over a decade ago - all macOS upgrades are FREE . . . Just beats the hell out of me).

I am still logging into ESO daily for writs and for research/mount training, but I think I will spend some time with Skyrim, and perhaps Oblivion (if I can find a decent mod list for it, such as I have for Skyrim).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 2 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #983

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Good luck with your gaming endeavours, guys!

Sorry it didn't work out for you, Reaps kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 2 2020, 09:48 PM
Post #984

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 2 2020, 12:54 PM) *

Good luck with your gaming endeavours, guys!

Sorry it didn't work out for you, Reaps kvleft.gif

Actually I manage to get my hands on an upgraded version of my PC. Details in the Everything Thread biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 14 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #985

Councilor
Group Icon

My server just bricked itself. There's a known issue with Atom motherboards in that series where the clock stops working, so the machine won't run at all, kind of like the A-Bomb bug. I didn't think mine was one of those affected until it did. Still, it lasted for quite a few years before it happened.

So ghastley.org is off the net until I get a new board and rebuild. No web site, no email. At least the network connection is independent of that.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 14 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #986

Paladin
Group Icon

Yikes! Sorry, ghastley. Sorry to hear that. If something like that happened to me I'd have to call. . . ghastley or SubRosa to help fix it! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 21 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #987

Master
Group Icon

It's possible I reported on this elsewhere, but just in case...

Upon receiving a new 'threat' notice from PhotoBucket, of a sort not seen before, I at long last deleted all images stored there and terminated my account. It breaks a ton of image links / embeddings, but the vast majority of those exist on long neglected / abandoned forum threads. My only real regrets are for my old Oblivion "Thoughts on A Second Play-Through" thread on the now defunct old Bethesda forums, and my long-neglected Minecraft Hill Fort / Autocracy of Decrepia thread at the official Minecraft Forums. There are a few more losses I might regret, but even I can no longer locate those ancient threads, so no big deal.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jul 21 2020, 09:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jul 21 2020, 09:40 PM
Post #988

Master
Group Icon

I saved all mine before getting rid of photobucket. I had some illicit wow screenshots hosted(basically I died and got lost corpse running and ended up in an area I wasn't supposed to be lol) but that was about it.

I look at screenshots from those days... ran at 600x800. Yeeeah....

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 22 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #989

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jul 21 2020, 03:40 PM) *

I saved all mine before getting rid of photobucket. I had some illicit wow screenshots hosted(basically I died and got lost corpse running and ended up in an area I wasn't supposed to be lol) but that was about it.

I look at screenshots from those days... ran at 600x800. Yeeeah....

Speaking of which, I unearthed several CDs of EQ1 guild group hunt screenshot compilations. Here's three of them. My character is the halfling warrior seen in two images:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jul 22 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #990

Master
Group Icon

Hehe old school eq!

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 24 2020, 09:46 AM
Post #991

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Just posting another report on Firefox's old youtube layout extensions not working again.

I have no idea why it keeps doing this.

Edit: And now it works again! I don't even...!

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 24 2020, 04:44 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jul 26 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #992

Master
Group Icon

Couldn't tell ya, I use YouTube default layout.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 26 2020, 08:49 PM
Post #993

Paladin
Group Icon

^ Same here. ^

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 29 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #994

Master
Group Icon

Some PC oddness today. Firefox can't sign-in to my AT&T account today. I assumed it is an AT&T problem, until I launched Brave Browser and was able to log-in without issue. However, I can no longer log-in to YouTube with Brave. Research suggests (but doesn't prove) that this might be deliberate on Google's part, as Brave disables some of YouTube's ability to track/market what we watch. I can still watch YouTube videos, but I can't LIKE them or leave comments without being signed in. I remain logged in with Firefox.

As it stands now, I spend most of my time in Firefox, and launch Brave periodically to check email.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 30 2020, 01:09 AM
Post #995

Ancient
Group Icon

I get similar issues with downloading podcasts. I cannot download any episodes of Behind the Bastards from their Player FM site. But I have no problem downloading other podcast's episodes on Player FM. However, if I use Opera, I can download Behind the Bastards fine. Albeit a lot slower than normal. I also can't get to my Car Insurance's website with Firefox. But again, Opera works fine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 30 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #996

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 20 2020, 08:26 AM) *

Being recently bombarded by new Photobucket emails warning me that I am over image storage limits (number of images) for a free account, and that hosting (embedding images on other sites) isn't allowed with free accounts, I at long last took the plunge and cancelled my Photobucket account.

Amazingly, I paid the money. smile.gif All my older pictures in those older stories are hosted through PB and it really annoyed me to see that PHOTOBUCKET logo across all of them. So yeah... sixty bucks a year I think it is.

Isn't the same thing going to happen eventually with imgur though? Won't they get to the point where they can't keep hosting zillions of images for free? I wonder how imgur gets away with it. It's not like they've got tons of ads.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 30 2020, 02:04 PM
Post #997

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 30 2020, 06:53 AM) *

Isn't the same thing going to happen eventually with imgur though? Won't they get to the point where they can't keep hosting zillions of images for free? I wonder how imgur gets away with it. It's not like they've got tons of ads.

I suspect so. My hope is that, like PB, imgur will phase in its evil capitalistic schemes over a multi-year period. If that's the case, there's a good chance that by the time its 'ultimatum' phase rolls out I'll no longer be around to worry about it. A benefit to being old and decrepit?

In other news, Firefox still can't Log In to my AT&T account. So long as Brave Browser remains Logged In I'm not going to lose sleep over it. (Oddly, I get no failure messages of any sort. The connecting indicator simply keeps 'circling' until I decide to close its browser tab.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 31 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #998

Councilor
Group Icon

Aw don't say that Decrepit. verysad.gif Makes Renee sad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jul 31 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #999

Master
Group Icon

Weird that you can't log in on one browser. Maybe it's an extension you have installed?

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 3 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #1000

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jul 31 2020, 08:23 AM) *

Weird that you can't log in on one browser. Maybe it's an extension you have installed?

I wonder about that too. I've installed no new add-on in some time, though. On a hunch, I fired up my secondary PC yesterday, launched Firefox and attempted to log on to AT&T with it. Same results....nada. I also visited the support section of Mozilla's forums. No mention of my issue there. It may be nothing more than needing to clean out my browser cache, cookies, etc. I need to find a new utility program for that, my long reliable go-to for such maintenance, Ccleaner, now considered untrustworthy (after having been bought by the makers of Avast).

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 3 2020, 10:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

79 Pages V « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:49 AM