melee [ 18 ] ** [28.12%]
stealth [ 29 ] ** [45.31%]
Total Votes: 64

1234king
post Mar 17 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

i probably like magic the best, it has the biggest perks, enchanting your weapon, making potions, and a whole lot of other stuff. I just made a guy who is a warlock and he is a Breton named Teinder

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 18 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

Magic by allmeans...the potential damage it can do if you use the right spells, is just awesome. Magic have a specila feeling about mystique that you cant get anywhere else.

And also I just love the idea of someone coming rushing towards you, thinking you're an easy take as you wear neither armour, nor weapons...on frostball fex. later, you continue your walk to the closest city or wherever you want to go...to, in safety

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rohugh
post Mar 18 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #23

Retainer

Melee - my char is a warrior and likes to look into his opponents eyes whilst dealing with them. None of this sneaking around, and magic, well what can he say!! (the truth is he doesn't really understand it - a bit 'thick' )

--------------------
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Mar 22 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

I will play something similar to a Battlemage first time.....Still i think Stealth is the most intresting way to play..

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Sunboom
post Mar 29 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #25

Retainer

Magic definatly, but a little bit of stealth too. I voted for Magic. It's nice too see the poll is good divided between the three biggrin.gif.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Magefire
post Apr 5 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #26

Retainer

Hmmm
I put melee because it is almost impossible in MW to play a magic only character, especially at the lower levels. My first character didn't use stealth, she got the amulet of shadows and a good chameleon spell and could bypass the need for stealth.

However, all three are really useful and my new character is using stealth a lot more.
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Apr 12 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

Sneaky Sneaky is for me... whats better than sticking a Dwemer Shortsword intyo someones back, getting the critical sign and then they drop dead. What's better huh? Wait using a Deadric Short Sword
evillol.sml.gif evillol.sml.gif evillol.sml.gif

always take illusion as a sneaky person (it helps a lot, I have Chameleon 90% it cost me sooo much *wah*)

This post has been edited by DarkHunter: Apr 12 2006, 06:00 PM

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Dreamer
post Apr 18 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #28

Retainer

I like magic, but I'll never create a 100% magic character. My favourite thing about TES games is going around, looking for unique armour and weapons, (I'm trying to find everything in Yagrum Bagarns book with using an FAQ), and as a wizard, you don't really have an incentive to look for that stuff, because you don't, (or can't) use it.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 28 2008, 08:39 PM
Post #29

Knower
Group Icon

Melee or stealth... I can't decide.

//Daedroth

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
milanius
post Feb 29 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #30

Agent

Dunno if I said it earlier, but Melee AND Magic all the way, baby. Nothing beats the screaming Breton, landing from the blue blue [red? Ashstormy?] skies into a sixpack of Daedroth/Dremora with his Bound arms & armor, as well as two dozen Restoration buffs. Because, I'm going, I'm going, Where the streams of Shein are going.*

*a vague, slightly modified "The Pogues" reference

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
noniin_kaikki_tai_ei_mitään
post Apr 26 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #31

Associate

I like Battlemages

--------------------
Fools Your God Is Dead
+Quote Post
dragonguy93
post Apr 28 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #32

Associate

I prefer magic, though my characters and i always end up with a hybrid someone who is adept in any skill
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Apr 29 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #33

Knower
Group Icon

I think I originally voted magic and I stick by it. Restoration, alteration, mysticism, illusion, destruction, they are all great. Stealth is pretty cool as well, it is fun sneaking behind a daedra lord to give critical hit them to death.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post May 9 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

The Shadows are my armor, for one does not hit one one does not see.
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #35

Knower
Group Icon

Magic is my preferred skill.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Liam
post Mar 18 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #36

Retainer

It's too hard to decide, with one, there is usually another. For example, if you are playing as a thief you might want to have a few illusion spells handy in case you find yourself in a tough situation.
And if you are playing as a mage it's sort of hard to JUST use magic, usually a mage (a smart one at least) will carry with him/her a shortsword or a dagger in case of a magic resistant beast or maybe, embarrassingly, they ran out of Magicka. biggrin.gif

So yeah, no vote for me. But I do like playing as a thief or/and an assassin. smile.gif

-Liam

--------------------
all of ur oblivionz r belong 2 me :D
+Quote Post
saqin
post Dec 24 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #37

Agent

Stealth, I like magic to since it's always great summoning a skeleton to watch your back, but I'm not very fond of melee. The melee in tes is so boring, no diversity when it comes to animations and it's much easier to get killed because you're up close to the enemy. As a stealthy thief/magician I can shot a few arrows/spells at my enemies before they manage to strike me once. And well, there's something very fun about stealing someone's dearest posesion in front of their noses with them not knowing. (which is why I've only completed the knights of the nine once.) biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by saqin: Dec 24 2010, 12:31 PM

--------------------
I no longer use this acoount since I can't do anything with it. New username: Saquira
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 25 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

Stealth. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with magic, and in melee usually hit my allies with my weapon and the enemy with the healing spells. Purely accidental, I just have horrible aim. Odd too, in Fallout 3 I had deadly aim with a gun shooting without using vats - in fact, I rarely used vats for anything but tapping to see if enemies were about.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Dec 29 2010, 04:15 AM
Post #39

Knower
Group Icon

Stealth.

But I'm not a 'Darkness is me' kind of guy. No, quite the opposite actually. In my current playthrough, I'm playing as a custom class Breton spy.

Spies, as you all know, can't put much of a fight when confronted. That's what makes it interesting.

Manipulation and deception are this guy's swords. Illusion is the only School I know. And when it comes down to it, I'll vanish in thin air (Illusion) and come back with a pack guards at my command (Illusion).

Ha!

It's really fun watching bandits 'help' the soldiers at Kvatch and then get slaughtered by them.

Command Spells FTW!

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Petra Arkanian
post Dec 29 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #40

Agent

Stealth, definatly. It's worth it alone to see the expressions on those idiots faces that I just pickpocketed!

ROFL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Idiosyncrasy, my newest story

There is no better disguise for an assassin than riding into the Imperial City on a Unicorn.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:37 AM