Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 104 105 106 107 108 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 12 2020, 02:28 AM
Post #2101

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 11 2020, 08:19 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2020, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 11 2020, 04:19 PM) *

I finally used my scroll of Mara today! Here are the screens of the proposal, marriage, and parts of the honeymoon even!!! laugh.gif ESO did a VERY good job of making it romantic!

https://imgur.com/a/qQowVT2

Lol, dawwww! Who is the lucky groom? biggrin.gif

He is the Guild Master at SneakyBo Guild. Wait, here is the vid of the wedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWwqRx0z3wY...eature=youtu.be

Ooo does being the GM’s digital wife come with any special privileges within the guild? tongue.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 12 2020, 03:13 AM
Post #2102

Councilor
Group Icon

Congratulations! cake.gif smile.gif That looks very sweet and romantic!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 12 2020, 08:58 AM
Post #2103

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2020, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 11 2020, 08:19 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2020, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 11 2020, 04:19 PM) *

I finally used my scroll of Mara today! Here are the screens of the proposal, marriage, and parts of the honeymoon even!!! laugh.gif ESO did a VERY good job of making it romantic!

https://imgur.com/a/qQowVT2

Lol, dawwww! Who is the lucky groom? biggrin.gif

He is the Guild Master at SneakyBo Guild. Wait, here is the vid of the wedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWwqRx0z3wY...eature=youtu.be

Ooo does being the GM’s digital wife come with any special privileges within the guild? tongue.gif

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif He said HIS privileges would be that now I would have to work like a slave for the guild for absolutely no compensation now, so ...

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 12 2020, 02:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 12 2020, 02:30 PM
Post #2104

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 11 2020, 10:13 PM) *

Congratulations! cake.gif smile.gif That looks very sweet and romantic!

It really was romantic! He kind of stunned me with the wedding dress in a "Gift" from the Crown Store; and when I opened it and was totally surprised by WHAT the gift was = I looked up from the Crown Gift page and there he was on his knees proposing!

The ceremony itself is very cool; and afterward you get the gorgeous gold wedding rings (which unfortunately break a set if you actually wear them; which is really too bad). We only wore them for the "Reception and Honeymoon" at the Golden Gryphen after the ceremony; then had to take them off to run Pledges later to restore our armor sets.
(we are keeping them in our inventories of those characters).

So it was really very romantic; so kudos to Zenimax (and Mordred Sereph) for that one. We have been playing together for five years now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 12 2020, 06:51 PM
Post #2105

Master
Group Icon

D'aww, how romantic! I figured you had been playing a long time with Sereph, but I thought he was already married to someone else! Goes to prove the old axiom "Never assume, because it makes an ass out of you and me" . . . biggrin.gif

Congratulations! Here's to many more years of adventuring together!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 13 2020, 06:13 AM
Post #2106

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 12 2020, 01:51 PM) *

D'aww, how romantic! I figured you had been playing a long time with Sereph, but I thought he was already married to someone else! Goes to prove the old axiom "Never assume, because it makes an ass out of you and me" . . . biggrin.gif

Thank you so much! Yeah; we have played together almost since I started playing ESO. Dark (Sereph1) is going to be coming to my town this weekend to meet me in person for the first time. No big plans for a "date" or anything; we are just going to play it by ear.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 1 2020, 07:30 PM
Post #2107

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 13 2020, 01:13 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 12 2020, 01:51 PM) *

Thank you so much! Yeah; we have played together almost since I started playing ESO. Dark (Sereph1) is going to be coming to my town this weekend to meet me in person for the first time. No big plans for a "date" or anything; we are just going to play it by ear.

Addendum: We did meet; and after him spending two days in TN he brought me up to Iowa for two weeks to meet his family. (met his Mom and Daughter; and I got to phone chat with one of his sisters). They were awesome; but I wasn't enamored with Iowa at all. I am home now, but he is sending me round trip tickets to visit up there in Iowa again sometime soon. (hopefully before winter up there, urgh) laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 1 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #2108

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2020, 01:30 PM) *

Addendum: We did meet; and after him spending two days in TN he brought me up to Iowa for two weeks to meet his family. (met his Mom and Daughter; and I got to phone chat with one of his sisters). They were awesome; but I wasn't enamored with Iowa at all. I am home now, but he is sending me round trip tickets to visit up there in Iowa again sometime soon. (hopefully before winter up there, urgh) laugh.gif

That sounds really cool mALX! So will there be a real wedding in the near future? biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 1 2020, 09:59 PM
Post #2109

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 1 2020, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2020, 01:30 PM) *

That sounds really cool mALX! So will there be a real wedding in the near future? biggrin.gif

No way, if I marry I will lose my widow's benefits. He is wanting to craft matching rings for us; and we talked about just saying vows to each other; but other than that = no.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 1 2020, 10:17 PM
Post #2110

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2020, 03:59 PM) *

No way, if I marry I will lose my widow's benefits. He is wanting to craft matching rings for us; and we talked about just saying vows to each other; but other than that = no.

Well still that’s very nice mALX! Congrats!

And now for game stuff:

Is anyone here excited about the new character pathing tool for player homes? It sounds kinda neat!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 1 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #2111

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 1 2020, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2020, 03:59 PM) *

Well still that’s very nice mALX! Congrats!

And now for game stuff:

Is anyone here excited about the new character pathing tool for player homes? It sounds kinda neat!

Thanks! And yeah, I can't wait to see my horses milling around in the stables!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 1 2020, 10:36 PM
Post #2112

Councilor
Group Icon

I tried it out on the PTS and found that it worked much better than I expected. The UI for setting them up isn't as clunky as the other housing ones, and they didn't make any of the mistakes I was expecting. The anomalies, like allowing paths through walls, actually make sense when you want to let characters go through closed doors, but haven't added the interactions to open them etc.

I doubt that I'll make much use of it until they add idles at the path nodes. A character can't get up from one chair, walk to another, and sit down again, for example. A goat can't browse the flowers when it stops. Skyrim's furniture system is what I hope they'll model, where if you send a character to a chair, they sit in it, and if you send them to fence, they'll lean on it, because there's a furniture item there with an associated idle. They must be using something similar for NPC's in the open world already, so it's probably just a question of adding the markers and a way to place them.

The paths and their timing are also apparently independent, so you can't make wandering characters pause when they meet, or animals chase each other. That would require some sync mechanism that doesn't yet exist. So much potential, though, and the start looks right to get there.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 2 2020, 05:08 AM
Post #2113

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 1 2020, 05:36 PM) *

I tried it out on the PTS and found that it worked much better than I expected. The UI for setting them up isn't as clunky as the other housing ones, and they didn't make any of the mistakes I was expecting. The anomalies, like allowing paths through walls, actually make sense when you want to let characters go through closed doors, but haven't added the interactions to open them etc.

I doubt that I'll make much use of it until they add idles at the path nodes. A character can't get up from one chair, walk to another, and sit down again, for example. A goat can't browse the flowers when it stops. Skyrim's furniture system is what I hope they'll model, where if you send a character to a chair, they sit in it, and if you send them to fence, they'll lean on it, because there's a furniture item there with an associated idle. They must be using something similar for NPC's in the open world already, so it's probably just a question of adding the markers and a way to place them.

The paths and their timing are also apparently independent, so you can't make wandering characters pause when they meet, or animals chase each other. That would require some sync mechanism that doesn't yet exist. So much potential, though, and the start looks right to get there.

I really appreciate you posting this; I was really wondering how well they did on that pathing! I agree; really can't wait to have some idles for them too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 20 2020, 12:09 AM
Post #2114

Paladin
Group Icon

New event coming Sep 23 - Oct 5. Antiquities is the theme so requires Greymoor. Community wide and if the community collectively digs up enough antiquities we all get a new free house - sort of like the free palace in Arteum they gave out some time ago. Event tix also from doing Skyrim dailies.

More details: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58773

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 22 2020, 12:31 AM
Post #2115

Councilor
Group Icon

PTS notes for update 28 are just in. New crafted sets are:

Red Eagle’s Fury, Aetherial Ascension, and Legacy of Karth

I assume those names will cause maximum re-arrangement of tables when they get to the live server. tongue.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 22 2020, 01:16 AM
Post #2116

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, ghastley. Looks like target date to go live is Nov 2.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 22 2020, 05:57 AM
Post #2117

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm sure by now you all know that Microsoft bought out Zenimax and Bethesda studios.

* ... mALX shivers as if someone walked over her grave ... *

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 22 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #2118

Councilor
Group Icon

My head is spinning over the PTS patch notes. This one is a doozy! panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 22 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #2119

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 21 2020, 11:57 PM) *

I'm sure by now you all know that Microsoft bought out Zenimax and Bethesda studios.

Why do I feel this is not a good thing?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2020, 11:15 PM
Post #2120

Ancient
Group Icon

I’m taking a “wait and see” stance about Microsoft buying Zenimax. My initial thought is that it could *potentially* be a good thing. Bethesda, in my opinion, seems to have been spinning their wheels a bit the past several years, so maybe this is exactly what needed to happen to get things moving again.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 104 105 106 107 108 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:21 PM