213 Pages V « < 202 203 204 205 206 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
haute ecole rider
post Jul 3 2020, 03:41 PM
Post #4061

Master
Group Icon

@ghastley and @Acadian: Maz my stamDK is actually a DPS build, this is what I"m using for her: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/ using the craftable set (third option). However, I'm considering switching her to https://alcasthq.com/eso-solo-stamina-drago...ight-build-pve/ and collecting Briarheart (the second option). Now that I've done vet content (one dungeon, for the Iceheart helm), I'm comfortable going out for more monster heads. I did come across this that might be more useful for Fleur's build - it's worth looking at, and you can start with that and go from there.

Alcast's recommendations aren't perfect, since everyone has a different play style. I find it difficult sometimes to follow his recommendations, especially when it comes to switching bars in the middle of a fight. I don't do that nearly as often as I should, so some of these builds work better for some of my toons than others. I've been using his group/role builds (DPS, tank, healer), but because I've been doing mostly solo work, I'm taking a look at his specialized solo builds for most of my toons. Rescues I've got maxed out on her Sorc Healer build, and I'm really happy with how that is working as a solo player, but Maz's build leaves something to be desired, which is why I'm looking at switching her over to Alcast's solo build. Stefan was originally spec'd as a Templar tank (not the best class for that role but . . . ) but I recently respec'ed him as a solo stamplar DPS to get through his solo content quicker. I did save his Tank armor for those times he'd go as group tank, but he'll never be the caliber that Bear's tanks are.

I'm maxed out at nine toons, so if I'm to add another toon, it would require buying more slots from the CS. As I already spend enough cash on housing (and the occasional motif book for Maz), it's something I'm hesitant to jump into. Especially since none of my toons have completed all the zones (Alise is currently closest)!

I hope that helps, ghastley! Good luck!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 3 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #4062

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, a warm welcome to Amiela! She looks great! I look forward to running around Cyrodiil with her. viking.gif

Stam DK Jerric is a solo guy now because he got bored with having a tank build and never tanking. He’s using Spriggan’s and Hunding’s. I’d do the CP150 armor set to use until Fleur knows exactly what she wants and/or has researched the traits to get it, but I’d make her weapons CP160. It’s more fun to do more damage and take more damage than to chop wood and dig up ore. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 3 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #4063

Councilor
Group Icon

I didn't notice when her latest drop of enlightenment kicked in, so she shot up to CP160 before I could execute on option 1. So she got a CP160 set of Night's Silence (mostly green, as we don't have the embroidery to go further). That made her confident enough to go grab some Spriggan's jewels at the Bangkorai dolmens, and the bow from the Sentinel quest, which make a second set on the back bar. So now she needs Spriggan's axes for the fron bar, and we start looking for WB's in Bangkorai. The first up is the Watcher's camp, and she drops us a second bow! The frostie at Nilata Falls dropped a jack, not a weapon. There's nobody else around at the others, as we aren't ready to solo yet, by a long way.

When she has enough research done, Hunding's is in the plans, but she can only manage 4 traits yet.

@Rider: I run approximately Alcast's Hunding's/Briarheart build on Taminwe and Al (neither DK's, but his builds are similar for all classes), and the other S&B one on Clark. Both of those had the benefit of Laurie's crafting, so they could have the better sets. Fleur has only her own skills, which are not there yet. Note that you can use two Materre's Bodkins if one of your other characters does the quest as well. You can only collect one per character, but they're not character bound, so you can pass it across. That's what Tami has.

Clark likes the S&B power bash as a spammable, but he thinks using Noxious Breath too much may have social issues. laugh.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 15 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #4064

Councilor
Group Icon

Fleur has passed CP200, and really wants to make herself better gear, but she's only doing 5 traits on the pieces she uses. Naturally, the RNG system is keeping those dropping with traits she knows, or none at all. Similarly, her trips to Wrothgar to do skyshard-hunting and dailies have produced Briarheart armour, where she wants jewelry and weapons.

Back on NA, Ma'Licious and Al have both reached maximum mount speed, and will switch to capacity lessons next. Taminwe wishes more characters were doing Jewel Crafting writs, as she's so close to L50 in that.

Later: Fleur has made her first piece of Hunding's (Boots), but still has to wait for more loot with the right traits for the other pieces. She has Bracers in research at present, so they'll be next, but the Cuirass and Guards are like hen's teeth. The waist will probably be light, but Monster head or shoulders in light is also a possibility.

She did her first Master writ - an Alchemy one for a whole TWO vouchers, and an achievement. If she wants her own home with crafting stations, she'll want to do more. We have the gold for a Sleek Creek, or a Mournoth Keep, but can't choose. Since Sugar Bowl covers the "port home to wayshrine" angle, Sleek Creek's proximity to riding lessons and writs is pulling us that way.

Ma'Licious and Al continue doing riding lessons and Bolgrul's daily. They're also collecting Skyshards to raise crafting ranks.

More: Fleur collected a cuirass with a trait she could research (for #6) and it was Divines, the one she'll want to use. Now just need a research slot for it. kvright.gif Researchable guards are still elusive. She also finally got another Mastic from her refining, and was able to get past purple and gold out her Spriggan's Bow.

She does regular visits to Bangkorai running the dolmens for better jewels, but if it's Spriggan's it's always blue or lower. Meanwhile my NA characters are getting purples because they don't need them.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 24 2020, 05:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 27 2020, 03:33 PM
Post #4065

Councilor
Group Icon

Fleur did the Northern Elsweyr quest-line (because she's found all the Alliance skyshards, and almost finished Cadwell's Gold) so now she has two homes. Both of them are in Rimmen.

On to Southern Elsweyr, and she is about to start the quest "The Dragonguard". We were hoping that the quest rewards would provide the wood items she needs for research, but the game keeps giving us traits she knows.

Sword and Board reached 50, from just one skill being slotted unused on her main bar. I rotated which one it was, so she has level IV on her Pierce Armour, Heroic Slash, and Absorb Missile. Inner Rage has also taken a turn, so she'll be ready to tank once I get Talons up to speed.

She's still undecided on where to live. We can afford a Sleek Creek, or any of that level. She knows some furnishing plans, scattered around the styles, and can move her Imperial bed from the Sugar Bowl if she needs to do so. Her home needs space for a full set of crafting stations, but so far she only has two vouchers. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 31 2020, 02:02 PM
Post #4066

Councilor
Group Icon

Fleur has made herself five pieces of Hunding's (Cuirass, Boots, Bracers and Arm Cops in Divines, and an impen Sash) all purpled. She's waiting (impatiently) for her last couple of levels of Enchanting before she adds that.

This means she can make that set for anyone else, and a few other pieces in other traits. Julianos is also possible, although she won't be using a set. Training is a well-known trait, as she's researched, not deonstructed the early pieces. So if anyone needs gear for their characters, let me know. Fleur has decent stocks of the materials she's outgrown, too.

She'll be farming the dolmens for better Spriggan's jewels, but she's also doing Wroithgar dailies for Braiarheart pieces. If she gets enough, that might replace Spriggan's. Green pact and Plague Doctor items are selectively retained, in case she wants a tank outfit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 31 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #4067

Paladin
Group Icon

Another Hunding's + Spriggans fan - simple and effective.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 12 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #4068

Councilor
Group Icon

Some more Fleur milestones passed:

She's got a Nirnhoned trait in research, after completing the Craglorn quests. She still needs a Potent Nirncrux, before she can make anything, but hopefully she'll find one before the research is over. Naturally it was an axe, where she already knew seven traits, so it's almost the maximum research time. Potent Nirncrux dropped along with a Fortified one, from the last rubedite node of her circuit of Craglorn yesterday (08/14).

Done enough master writs to buy a home crafting station - she got Clothier just because her next research slot to open will be one for that. Of course, she wants a complete set, but that takes time.

Made her first Bed. The imperial one from leveling up is in the Sugar Bowl Suite, and more homes need more beds. She can make several types, and they'll probably get used to match the homes, just like Laurie does on NA.

Hired a banker. Then they went on sale. sad.gif

Visited Western Skyrim. I bought Greymoor upgrade when it went on sale. Fleur hasn't done more than drop in and find the Solitude wayshrine - the one inside the city.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 15 2020, 03:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 1 2020, 10:20 PM
Post #4069

Councilor
Group Icon

My other EU cjaracter, Nadja the Naked Nord, just hit level 50. Fleur made her her set of CP160 Julianos' (Hat, Bracers, Sabatons, and two lightning staves) and she went looking for her Mother's Sorrow pieces in Deshaan.

Lady Llarel dropped a Sash on our first visit. Then the dolmen around the corner gave her a ring, and we went off to Siltreen for another, ... and got it! So only the Necklace needed.

Every dolmen since, she's had to solo, and has given us more rings, or the wrong set. At least she still has the level 45 one, so she still gets some 4-piece bonus, even if it's not the full amount. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 23 2020, 06:38 PM
Post #4070

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy stepped out of the Snugpod after a good night's sleep. Her feet carried her the short distance to the Elden Root stable where her attention was drawn to a nearby crew digging holes in the ground. When Buffy approached the mage who appeared to be in charge, she learned the group was with the Antiquarian Society and searching for a relic. Accompanying the mage was a Fighters Guild bodyguard and a Dunmeri digger. The group also had a guar and donkey - both heavily loaded with supplies.

The mage informed Buffy that after the dig was over, she had been invited to be a houseguest by several friends and was deciding who she should take up on the offer.

* Indeed, I think Buffy encountered the housing system's first houseguest, likely to be awarded to all owners of the Graymoor Chapter if the current Antiquities event is successful.

Progress on unlocking the community event rewards can be tracked here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/losttreasures

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 23 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #4071

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 23 2020, 01:38 PM) *

Buffy stepped out of the Snugpod after a good night's sleep. Her feet carried her the short distance to the Elden Root stable where her attention was drawn to a nearby crew digging holes in the ground. When Buffy approached the mage who appeared to be in charge, she learned the group was with the Antiquarian Society and searching for a relic. Accompanying the mage was a Fighters Guild bodyguard and a Dunmeri digger. The group also had a guar and donkey - both heavily loaded with supplies.

The mage informed Buffy that after the dig was over, she had been invited to be a houseguest by several friends and was deciding who she should take up on the offer.

* Indeed, I think Buffy encountered the housing system's first houseguest, likely to be awarded to all owners of the Graymoor Chapter if the current Antiquities event is successful.

Progress on unlocking the community event rewards can be tracked here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/losttreasures

Oh, this is Awesome! I am going to hurry over to Davon's Watch stable and see if I see anyone there doing this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 23 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #4072

Councilor
Group Icon

That is so neat! I will have my head on a swivel looking out for that scene!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 24 2020, 02:55 PM
Post #4073

Paladin
Group Icon

The digging crew was still hard at work outside the Snugpod when Buffy got up this morning. She learned the Antiquarian in charge of the site is named Eveline San and that it seems the Antiquarian actually looking for a good home is a colleague named Antiquarian Phedre.

Edit/update: Progress toward the community goal is being updated once a day at 10:00 AM EDT. After one full day, we are 11% of the way toward our goal of 100%. ZoS has not offered any translation regarding what the actual numbers are. Perhaps they are providing themselves a bit of flexibility to assess how progress goes.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Sep 24 2020, 05:26 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 25 2020, 11:23 PM
Post #4074

Mouth
Group Icon

Ciri shall likewise keep an eye out for these folks, and might do some digging to contribute a little to the goal.

We've just finished up business in Elsweyr - quite the adventure! The depictions of Khajiiti culture and senche variants were particularly good. The general dragon stuff was kind of meh for me personally, but the characters (both old and new) we met along the way were a ton of fun.

Now Skyrim awaits, and so far we're really enjoying it. Skyrim, specifically Solitude, is particularly significant for Dunmer Ciri. Perhaps this might be the spark of inspiration I need to actually write down the headcanon I have for her. We shall see.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 26 2020, 01:01 AM
Post #4075

Paladin
Group Icon

I agree on Elsweyr - love the Alfiqs! Especially little drunken magey ones. And yep, Solitude was well done and generates some nice nostalgia.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 27 2020, 04:03 PM
Post #4076

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 25 2020, 07:01 PM) *

I agree on Elsweyr - love the Alfiqs! Especially little drunken magey ones. And yep, Solitude was well done and generates some nice nostalgia.

I swear those crack me up every time! And at the same time terrify me! A pissed off drunk house cat armed with spells? Yikes! I adore them to bits.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 12 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #4077

Councilor
Group Icon

My Nadja the Naked Nord has been a bad influence on the others.

Laurie decided it looked like fun and attempted to solo World Bosses in her undies. (Note: do not let World Bosses wear your undies - they're usually not the right size or shape). After two failures, where others turned up to help before she was finished, she did manage to defeat the Mama Duneripper at Lost Caravan. No pictures, because she's shy. As a tank, it was a slow job, of course. I don't think she'll try it again, but someone else might. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 12 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #4078

Councilor
Group Icon

Next up: naked dungeon run! Some would say that Nadja has been a good influence on the others. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 15 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #4079

Councilor
Group Icon

And now Blossom heard about the "Master Grappler" achievement, and was ready to strip off and oil up for a bit of wrestling. She was disappointed to discover it was all just a bow and posts obstacle course. She got the title, but thinks it would have suited Laurie Craft better. biggrin.gif

ETA: I have since discovered that there is a PvP guild, or at least sub-group of a guild, called the Naked Nords, who have essentially the same dress code as Nadja does. I.e chest/legs/shoulders bare. Many of them waste the opportunity by using male characters. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 4 2020, 02:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 9 2020, 03:41 AM
Post #4080

Councilor
Group Icon

Fleur finally got the vouchers together to buy the last crafting station for EU Sleek Creek. There was a brief moment of panic when we realised that they're sold by Faustina Curio, who usually won't deal with anyone who hasn't done 100 Master Writs. Fortunately, the Jewel crafting stations are an exception, and we could have one, if a bit grudgingly.

Fleur has now turned her attention to antiquities, as we got a lead for the fancy triptych Echos of Aldmeris; that's at Ultimate level, so she needs to reach level 10 before it expires! And although the NA squad doesn't have the lead, Floozie is trying to grind up the last half a level, too, just in case.

Tiddli has reached that point in the 40's where the n00b buff is wearing off as fast as she's adding to her stats. We're doing dolmens in the mornings, while there are players around to help. Apart from Alik'r where you can't get a hit on anything before the mob kills it, there's nobody running the others. She solo'd all the Auridon circuit one evening, and she doesn't want to do it again for a while. Maybe after she hits L50, and I let her have the CP.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 9 2020, 03:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 202 203 204 205 206 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:53 AM