255 Pages V « < 224 225 226 227 228 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 24 2020, 12:43 AM
Post #4501

Ancient
Group Icon

Welp, I loaded up TES3: Morrowind for the first time in a while yesterday. Think I’m going to stick with it for a while and see how it goes! Currently working on mods and I don’t think I’m going to go too heavy with them. We’ll see.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 24 2020, 04:46 AM
Post #4502

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 23 2020, 06:43 PM) *

Welp, I loaded up TES3: Morrowind for the first time in a while yesterday. Think I’m going to stick with it for a while and see how it goes! Currently working on mods and I don’t think I’m going to go too heavy with them. We’ll see.

Ah Morrowind the game that introduced me to The Elder Scrolls series. Oddly enough when I play TES: Online it almost looks like an advanced version of Morrowind like Morrowind meets Skyrim kinda. I remember I goofed the main questline where you had to go to this tower to get the wizard there to cure your corpus disease but if you killed anyone in the dungeon below even in self defense, he wouldn't give you the cure and I'm not sure if there's a back door route.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Dec 24 2020, 04:47 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 24 2020, 05:37 AM
Post #4503

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 23 2020, 09:46 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 23 2020, 06:43 PM) *

Ah Morrowind the game that introduced me to The Elder Scrolls series. Oddly enough when I play TES: Online it almost looks like an advanced version of Morrowind like Morrowind meets Skyrim kinda. I remember I goofed the main questline where you had to go to this tower to get the wizard there to cure your corpus disease but if you killed anyone in the dungeon below even in self defense, he wouldn't give you the cure and I'm not sure if there's a back door route.

You are, of course, referencing The Corprusarium of Divayth Fyr. One of the most interesting locations in TES3 because of one of his patients that lives down there.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 24 2020, 05:38 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Dec 24 2020, 05:57 AM
Post #4504

Master
Group Icon

You can use invisibility to avoid everything. I just gunned it. Ran like a madman. Everything but like, the quest dude is hostile.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 24 2020, 06:00 AM
Post #4505

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Dec 23 2020, 10:57 PM) *

You can use invisibility to avoid everything. I just gunned it. Ran like a madman. Everything but like, the quest dude is hostile.

Amulet of Shadows! biggrin.gif

It’s ridiculous!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 24 2020, 06:01 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 24 2020, 08:21 AM
Post #4506

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 23 2020, 11:37 PM) *

You are, of course, referencing The Corprusarium of Divayth Fyr. One of the most interesting locations in TES3 because of one of his patients that lives down there.

That would be the place. On my first playthrough I killed one of the patients cause it attacked me and Divayth didn't like that so I thought killing him would give me the cure instead and NO...it did not and everyone on Vvardenfell hated me cause I had Corprus so I had to do the whole thing over again.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Dec 24 2020, 09:10 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 24 2020, 09:14 AM
Post #4507

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 24 2020, 12:43 AM) *

Man, that brings back memories.

Have fun, Khajiit!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 31 2020, 03:02 AM
Post #4508

Master
Group Icon

I've done little 'gaming' lately, for several semi-mundane reasons not worth relating. Early this evening I fired up TS2021 and drove a (British) Great Northern Railway (GNR) class-N2 steam tank loco, in BR Early Crest, pulling four Quard-Art maroon passenger coaches. The route is Lenton-on-Sea, a free download from the game's Steam Workshop. A favorite. Very scenic. If memory serves, it has fairly substantial payware route requirements. The scenario was a QuickDrive. I select departure and destination locales. So long as I arrive at the destination locale, all completion requirements are met. I don't need to stop at any stations other than the destination station, though I almost always stop at them all. No timetable, thank goodness! No performance grading.

(Yesterday I attempted a timetabled Standard Scenario, driving a GWR Small Prairie. I botched it almost before it began, arriving and coupling with the train's coaches at the initial station two minutes behind schedule. I could have continued, but with that station officially flagged as a failure I saw no point in it. Too bad. It looks to be an interesting scenario.)

(link) Here's an image of tonight's excursion, the N2 paused to board passengers at the scenario's second, non-essential, station. (link)

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 1 2021, 09:08 AM
Post #4509

Master
Group Icon

Playing Star Wars Squadrons on the Xbox One X and I LOVE IT! Mmmmm---now I REALLY need to get a 4K tv IPB Image .

The controls feel just like Battlefront 2 Starfighter controls, so if you're used to that you can play this then.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 3 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #4510

Master
Group Icon

I've been playing more TS201 these past several days. Nothing special. Just QuickDrives, all on Lenton-on-Sea Workshop freeware route, with various of steam locos, most third-party. I also spent too money of TS2021 DLC to take advantage of the ongoing (almost over) Steam Sale. No single item was all that expensive. Almost all are $5.00US railway coach/carriage packs reduced to $2.49US. I bought a LOT of 'em. I'd have wanted them eventually (assuming I stick with the game long enough), so best get 'em for a decent price. I looked into buying a couple of steam locos that are used in a lot of Workshop scenarios, but none were marked down enough to justify the expense.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 4 2021, 07:31 PM
Post #4511

Master
Group Icon

Rather than nickle-and-diming it, I've combined captures of four semi-recent British tank steam locomotive acquisitions into one image. These are all captured along the Lenton-on-Sea SteamWorkshop route. All are QuickDrives:

(link) TS2021 British Tank Steam Loco four-in-one image (link)

As of now, the SECR H-class is my pick of the litter, followed by the LNWR 380-class, despite the H-class being somewhat underpowered for its pre-selected carriage load. (I can create lighter carriage configurations for it should I choose to.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 4 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #4512

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice shots and beautiful trains, Decrepit. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 6 2021, 10:21 PM
Post #4513

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 4 2021, 12:45 PM) *

Nice shots and beautiful trains, Decrepit. smile.gif

There's something about smaller British steam locomotives I find irresistibly appealing. Tank locos especially, and small tender locos. I seldom drive TS2021 scenarios behind the reverser of behemoth late steam-era locos. And never, of course, diesel / electric. (I own my share of 'big' steam, diesel and electric. They come included with most non-Worshop routes I own.)

Speaking of small/medium size tender locos, on a whim I purchased a British GWR 3300 class "Bulldog" 4-4-0 loco from Digital Traction to take advantage of a 60% discount. Cost me all of $6.84US. At that price I figured it was worth the risk. Truth to tell, I expected mediocrity. Turns out, I like it a lot. It's a looker, especially in its green-with-red livery. DT provides fine sounds for it. It also provides a 'leaning-out-of-the-cab-on-the-driver's-side' cab-view! I greatly appreciate this, as many Train Simulator locos rely instead on the more limited game-provided leaning-out-of-the-cab camera. My one quibble is that brake-lapping is tricky to set correctly with any consistency. Be that as it may, to the extent money can be spent well I consider this money well spent.

(link) Here's a four-in-one of the "Bulldog" taken along Lenton-on-Sea route. (link)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 7 2021, 12:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 8 2021, 03:47 PM
Post #4514

Master
Group Icon

Most strange. First thing after breakfast I loaded TS2021 and looked for an appealing Standard Scenario to drive. The one that finally caught my eye was a stopping passenger run. Its loco, a "Spinner" with but one pair of driving wheels.

The Scenario loaded. Being timetabled, I immediately open carriages doors to take on passengers. Waiting for boarding to complete, I moved the Reverser all the way open and set the Train Brake to 'running'. Boarding finished. I was cleaned to depart.

I opened Cylinder Cocks, then edged the Regulator slightly open. The loco begin huffing and puffing, but didn't move forward. I double-checked Reverse and Train Brake. All looked as it should. The Regulator was opened further. The train inched forward at a snail's pace. I experimented with different Reverser/Regulator and Brake settings. All that accomplished was stop the train dead in its tracks. I finally got it back to moving forward at a snail's pace. By then I should have been at least halfway to the first station-stop. Instead, my train hadn't yet completely cleared the departure station.

The scenario was terminated.

That "Spinner" was an early TS2021 acquisition. I'd not driven it since those early days. I decided to experiment, using the loco in QuickDrive. There I could goof around to my black-heart's content until becoming reacquainted with the "Spinner's" quirks.

I began said QuickDrive expecting to battle the "Spinner" a good while before figuring out how to properly operate it. To my surprise, using the same procedures/settings as during the Standard Scenario, it accelerated just as one would expect a loco of its specs and vintage to. No issues whatsoever! In fact, I felt it might be a bit unrealistically overpowered at higher speeds. (But then, I'm no expert.) My one sadness driving wise; it might not utilize brake-lapping. I certainly couldn't get it to do so during the QuickDrive. That, however, has nothing to do with my earlier Standard Scenario failure.

What went wrong with that Standard Scenario? Beats me. I've come up with one off-the-wall remote possibility. Can it be that the Scenario opens with hand-brake engaged? If so, it will be the first Scenario of any kind I've encountered that does so. Heck, I'm not even sure the Spinner comes equipped with a functioning hand-brake. Time will tell. I'm not holding my breath.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 8 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #4515

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Star Wars: Rebellion is ongoing, but little progress.

Keep building TIE Defenders and Victory II Star Destroyers. Also hit a snag; Coruscant suffered a natural disaster which took away almost all of the shipyards there.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 10 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #4516

Master
Group Icon

Among recent TS2021 adventures, I returned to the Caledonian Railway "Single" No.123, choosing LMS CrimsonLake livery. I'd not driven the 123 single very early on, back when I was largely clueless on how to properly drive a steam locomotive. I'm still no authority on it, but can generally get from point-A to point-B with minimal embarrassment. (Except when driving in 'expert' mode.") As such, I was pleasantly surprised how pleasant to drive the 123 is. I of course tested it along Lenton-on-Sea Steam Workshop route, as I do with most locos. The 123 is not currently offered for sale. Hasn't been for some time. My understanding is that it will be overhauled to bring it up-to-date with recent Train Simulator loco offerings. It will be interesting to see how the makeover improves an already decent loco. Here's a 4n1 of images captured along Lenton-on-Sea:

(image) Caledonian Railway Single No.123 in LMS Crimson Lake (image)

I searched for a good quality YouTube video featuring the loco. None totally fit the bill, for differing reasons. I settled on this one, it being quite short (under three minutes) and graphically pleasing.

(video) Calendian Railway 123 Loco Pack - Tran Simulator 2018 - HD (video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 12 2021, 08:40 PM
Post #4517

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Still on my SW:R playthrough and today I FINALLY unlocked the Super Star Destroyer! I can at long last start building up my main attack fleet!
I'm also having an easy time in the Fakir sector since all planets reject the pesky rebels and join me as soon as I can remove the rebel troops. Still only busy in three out of six sectors as too quick a progress usually means ten steps back at some point.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 13 2021, 07:24 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 12 2021, 09:51 PM
Post #4518

Master
Group Icon

Here's an upcoming TS2021 steam locomotive I've got my eye on:

(link) Caledonia Works: L&Y Class 5 - Coming Soon (link)

Here's the loco that might feature in a speculative TS2021 steam loco driving practice session YouTube video, as mentioned in another thread:

(image) TS2021 - Gresley N2 tank locomotive (image)

Otherwise, I drove a failed TS2021 Standard Session attempt that failed not halfway through, when I mistakenly uncoupled the wrong railway car in the process of 'running around' the train to prepare for its return trip. For whatever reason I wasn't given an option to re-couple it. Looking back, I betcha I could have worked it out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 15 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #4519

Master
Group Icon

My Caledonian Grampian 65' carriages are misbehaving! Can't use 'em at all. Here's an image showing why, in a QuickDrive consist configuration editor:

(image) naughty railway cars (image)

What a mess! (hint - those three rectangles with odd patterns should contain three carriages.)

I have a half-baked suspicion of what might be going on, and just shot off an email to Steam Sounds Supreme about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 15 2021, 08:53 PM
Post #4520

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I am now in complete control of Sesswenna, Corellian and Fakir sectors and have just now begun operations in Sluis sector with my newly formed Main Fleet. It consists as usual of two Interdictors and Super Star Destroyers. I currently have eight Destroyers but it will be 15 when it's complete.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 224 225 226 227 228 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:54 PM