Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The man with green eyes, A story of a man
Saquira
post Jun 19 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

The man with green eyes

“Oh him. Of course, you wouldn't know him, having just come to Skyrim. I'm so used to seeing him that I couldn't ever imagine someone not having met him. The Altmer calls himself Sorcalin, he's been around as long as anyone can remember. My father introduced him to me. I doubt there's anyone of importance in Skyrim whom he haven't met, except you of course. Perfect gentleman, and he owns a house out in the Rift. Though now that I think about it, I have never found out how he earned all of that money, or where he came from,”
- Jarl Balgruuf, 4E 201 21st Last Seed

Author's note:
So this is the story of Sorcalin, the Altmer mystery. Excerpts from his story anyway. I've had such an annoying writer's block lately concerning my other stories, so I've decided to publish some of the stuff that I actually have managed to write. Though I'm not sure if you'll like Sorcalin as much as I do, I certainly hope so.

So, in this first post I'll have an Index of what happens in my version of the elder scrolls universe, with links to the posts that are parts from Sorcalin's life. I won't be posting them in any kind of order, since not even I know exactly how old the guy is, and because this is a spur of the moment kind of thing. It's just lots of stuff that takes place in the Elder Scrolls universe and has one common thing in them, Sorcalin. I'll also write the dates that I upload and update the different parts, and I'm hoping that might help you to keep track of the parts better.

So well, I hope you like it. Ekali's story is still my priority, but the thing is that when I get an idea it's kind of hard to not write about it. Which means that I've currently got five stories in the Elder Scrolls universe that I'm working on. And that is pretty annoying, but there isn't much I can do about it. So, now there's the Index, and then there's the first part.

Index:

Original Characters - Post #9

New Currency: Thalms - Post #29

3E

253, 12th Sun's Dawn Part 1 - Elyzara Moorhart returns to life - Post #40 - 19/12-2013

253, 12th Sun's Dawn Part 2 - Elyzara speaks to Periene and Periene speaks to Morgan - Post #46 - 19/4-2015

377 – Prince Geldall Septim is born.

378 – Prince Enman Septim is born.

380 – Prince Ebel Septim is born. A relatively new member of the Mages Guild defeats Mannimarco and is appointed arch-mage.

380, 11th Sun's Dawn – A young mage meets the Count of Skingrad and Sorcalin for the first time when they save her life - Post #17 - 21/8-2012

383, 3rd Hearthfire - Sorcalin is hired by the emperor - Post #31 - 25/12-2012

384, 14th Rain's Hand - Sorcalin speaks to Tar-Meena - Post #7 - 29/6-2012

384, 3rd Sun's Height – Sorcalin speaks with Adrasteia for the first time - Post #20 - 26/8-2012

389 - Jagar Tharn takes over

389, 29th Hearthfire – Sorcalin escapes with the emperor's heirs from the Imperial City - Post #14 - 14/8-2012

390, 12th Sun's Dawn – Adrasteia, Sorcalin's wife, is killed by Jagar Tharn - Post #10 - 10/8-2012

390, 13th Sun’s Dawn - Sorcalin buries Adrasteia - Post #38 - 15/10-2013

432 – Felisa Serhas is arrested and meets Valen Dreth

433 – Felisa Serhas meets Gasheera and escapes from prison. She later kills the love of her life, Valen Dreth, and conspires with Sa'Quira to “make a hero” of Gasheera.

433, 10th Second seed – Roland Jenseric witness a vampire feeding on his beloved - Post #2 - 25/6-2012

434 – The Oblivion crisis is ended, the 3rd era ends. S'iniith and He-Twists-His-Tail meet and travel to the Imperial city together.

4E

1 – 3 The Mages guild breaks apart, forming the College of Whispers and the Synod.

199, 24th Frostfall – Sorcalin meets an old acquaintance - Post #34 - 4/5-2013

201, 10th Last Seed – Sorcalin investigate rumors - Index post - 19/6-2012

201, 21st Last Seed – Sorcalin first meets Ekali

201, 23nd Last Seed – Dar'Ilthi confronts Sorcalin - Post #24 - 31/8-2012

202, Unknown – Sorcalin relaxes together with Ekali - Post #24 - 31/8-2012

Sources:
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/third-era
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/calendar-tamriel
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Jagar_Tharn

4E 201, 10th Last Seed

Maven Black-Briar had just dipped the quill in ink and was about to start writing when she could see, in her peripheral, that her personal guard had just frozen. The plant by the window no longer swayed, and the dust motes hung like from a spider-web in the air. Looking up, she was greeted by the sight of an Altmer in the leather armor usually worn by the Thieves guild. So she sighed, and moved the quill so that ink wouldn't drip on the papers in front of her.

“Why does every rumor-mongering scoundrel in the city speak of Saerdur's heading on an expedition into the mountains, when I'm certain that the Jarl put him in house-arrest?” he asked her as he walked up to one of the book-shelves and looked at the titles.

“And why would I know that?” she responded, watching him closely as he made his way around the room. The high elf turned to her with a smile.

“Why? You know everything that goes on in Riften, whether it's illegal or not.” Putting his hands on her desk, he leaned in close until their foreheads were a mere inch apart. Maven, though flustered, didn't flinch.

“A favor for a friend, you'll have to ask Dar'Ilthi if you want to know more. I didn't ask for the specifics,” she said, staring into his eyes with a grim expression.

“Maybe I'll do just that,” he said with another smile and stood up straight, making sure he hadn't dropped anything.

“It's a handy trick that, halting time,” she said in a bored manner, and he looked back at her.

“Why yes, I suppose it is.” He cast a glance at the guard. “Handy when you don't want anyone to know of your meeting.”

“Yes. Which is why you won't use it again.” She stared at him. He flashed a charming smile her way, and then he was gone, time back to normal.

The guard looked at Maven when she didn't write anything, and noticed the small puddle of ink that had collected on the desk. His brow furrowed in concern at this, as he was quite certain that puddle had not been there moments earlier. Then she turned her narrowed eyes at him, and he quickly resumed his former position.

:-:-:-:

Dar'Ilthi, being the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, though having her chambers further into the sanctuary than any other guild-member, never trusted completely in her safety. So it was that when she felt the change in the atmosphere of her room, she did not become startled, but merely calculated the strength with which she'd have to throw the book she was holding. She was at that moment lying on her bed, in the process of reading a rather large tome. She could feel the bump of the ebony dagger underneath her pillow, and she was very much aware of who had just entered her private chambers, uninvited.

Throwing the book at him with her left hand, she simultaneously grabbed the dagger in her right a mere moment before she flew at him. While in the air she heard the magical discharge that meant his ward had been disabled for the moment and then she was on his chest on the floor, dagger up against his neck.

“Guildmaster,” Dar'Ilthi snarled after a minutes silence, before she stepped of him and pulled the high elf to his feet.

“Listener,” he responded and patted his clothing as if to get the dust of them.

“No need to do that here. We keep our floors clean, unlike some.” She was staring at him when he looked up, taking a moment to decide whether or not he should ignore the remark.

“One day, you're going to get me killed with those tricks of yours. I don't think Maven would like that very much.” His voice was as carefree as ever when he next spoke.

“On the contrary, I think she'd cheer me on.” Dar'Ilthis' comment brought a chuckle to the Altmer's lips. She smiled slightly herself, before her eyes narrowed and she crossed her arms. “What do you want?”

“Information. Why have Maven spread rumors that Saerdur Lawgiver is on a expedition to the Jerall Mountains, when he's clearly in house-arrest?” the man asked and leaned against the wall leisurely.

“Why do you care?” the Listener asked with a sigh, walking so that she could sit on her desk.

“I'm simply curious,” he answered.

“You're the one person I'm sure never is 'simply curious'.” Dar'Ilthi stared at him, taking her hair in her hands and braiding it over again.

“Nevertheless, I want to know,” he said with a smile that exposed his fangs. Merely glancing at them, Dar'Ilthi placed the dagger down onto the desk, and arose from it. She walked slowly up to him, one hand on her hip. With a sly smile, she then leaned in so that her mouth came close to his ear, something that was no easy feat thanks to his height.

“Are you sure I cannot discourage you from this?” she purred, putting one of her hands lightly on his arm.

“Quite.” The Altmer took her wrist in a hard grip to stop her from going further, and the seductive way in which she held herself was gone faster than it had come. They stood there, staring daggers at each other, for a few moments.

“Pity,” she snarled, wringing her hand from his grip, and stepped back a few steps. “It's family business, which means that it isn't yours.”

“Oh really, I wasn't aware that you had any family...” he trailed of with a smirk.

“Not all of us has centuries for a lifetime, who will remember me if I don't leave a legacy, hm?”

“I will. But then again I probably wouldn't go around talking about you,” the Altmer sighed. “Care to satisfy my curiosity yet?” She frowned.

“Not really, no. But I suppose that is the only way to get rid of your ugly face,” she smiled with her lips, while her eyes were still glaring.

“Naturally,” he answered her and winked, causing her to tilt her ears back slightly.

“I need to get my foster-daughter to Skyrim. She is a member of the Imperial legion, so the only way to get her here would be for them to send her. But because she's a forester, I doubt they'd send her to help with the war. Thus, I'm arranging to have her brought here,” Dar'Ilthi said, and the Altmer raised an eyebrow. “Her being accused for murder ought to be enough for the empire too hand her over.” The khajiit shrugged as if though it was the most natural thing in the world, and went to sit down on her desk.

“You're calling in favor's from Maven Black-Briar to have your foster-daughter brought to Skyrim?” he asked incredulously, and she shrugged again.

“It's important that she gets here.”

“Obviously.” The Altmer stood staring into the air for a few seconds before he shook his head and sighed.

“Well, I've ought to get going. Don't get your foot trapped in a bear-trap,” he said, and a moment later everything was back to normal, Dar'Ilthi alone in her room, shaking her head and sighing.

This post has been edited by Saquira: Apr 19 2015, 12:47 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Jun 25 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

3E 433, 10th Second seed

Roland Jenseric made his feet step forward through the darkness of the Imperial Temple District. Having come home from Bravil late, he wished nothing but too meet his beloved at once, but she had not been at home when he knocked on the door. Knowing that she frequently took walks through the district during the night, despite his insistence that she shouldn't, he'd left the security of home to search for her.

His search seemed to bear fruit as he spotted a feminine shape walking against him along the road further on, and he was just about to call out to her when he heard two voices in a whispered conversation in the small garden on his right.

“I need to feed before we head back. There's a meeting in the Order of the Virtuous Blood tomorrow, and though they're not good at recognizing vampires, I'm quite certain they'll react if my face is covered in wrinkles tomorrow,” the first of the voices said, and Roland froze on the spot. He barely had the sense to take cover in one of the doorways before the two men stepped out on the street.

“Well, a quick snack couldn't hurt. I just hope we'll find someone good this time. I've been drinking beggar's blood and stored blood these last weeks. Horrible,” the second man said, and his voice sounded a bit lighter. Jenseric could barely see as he shuddered beneath his dark cloak.

“Oh, we'll find something,” the first voice said, just before it laid eyes on the woman who was still walking some distance away from them. “That one looks alright, doesn't it? We'll just have to muddle her memories since she's awake.” Roland Jenseric felt his blood run cold as he heard the man's words, yet found that he could neither run nor call out for her to do so, so paralysed was he by fear.

“Al right. Just a small amount though, and do it quickly or we'll have the legion after us,” the second voice said, sighing.

“You know me, I'm the soul of caution.” Jenseric could almost hear the smirk from the first man as he reassured his companion.

“No one's cautious when the blood frenzy sets in Seridur,” the second man hissed, just as quietly as before. Yet he did not stop his companion from approaching the woman. Roland watched in horror as the man walked up to her and said something to catch her attention. The woman flinched at his words, and looked up to see who'd said them.

Her body grew still when her eyes leveled with that of the man who'd been called Seridur by his companion, and the man chuckled before talking a look around and bending over her neck.

Roland Jenseric could see very clearly how the vampire sucked out her life's blood and she grew limp.
“Enough now Seridur, don't kill her,” the other man said, and Jenseric guessed that he was a vampire too. The vampire who were feeding did not respond however, so the other one ran to him with inhuman speed, sighing as he took a firm grip around the others' neck and drew him from the woman. Seridur would not have it, but growled at his companion when his hood flew of and the brightly red eyes narrowed at the other vampire. Shivering, the human male pressed himself firmer against the wall, all too keen to stay out of the feral vampires view.

“Enough,” the vampire who was still in control of himself hissed as he put both of his hands around the neck of his friend, ignoring the frantic clawing that tore his cloak to shreds. Then he made a quick motion with his hands, and Roland heard a sickening crunch as he saw the body of the vampire slump to the ground, head following a moment after when the other vampire released it.

The vampire that still lived paused and took a deep breath before turning his eyes to the woman lying on the ground, and crouched by her side. Jenseric could seem him as he looked at her skin, touched her neck and made sure her head was in a better position. Then Roland slipped slightly, and the noise that his shoes made against the stone rang out crystal clear in the dark of night. The vampire started, but merely turned to look at him slightly, still more focused on the woman.

“Come. She's still alive, and we need to get her to the temple,” the vampire called out in his clear voice, and the man huddling in the shadows carefully stepped out of them. Wide-eyed he then approached the vampire whom had turned his gaze back to the woman and was sending healing magic into her body.

“She's lost a lot of blood, and I don't know how to restore it. The healer's may know, but it all comes down to the will of the divines,” he looked up at Roland when he'd finished speaking, and the Imperial nodded hesitantly as he placed a hand on the woman’s wrist to check that she truly lived. The vampire waited for the other man to feel her pulse before he took the woman in his arms and stood up. Roland Jenseric allowed it, though a frown covered his face, and followed the vampire when he made his way down the street towards the temple. Thankfully it wasn't far, and they soon stood outside the large building, at which the vampire turned to the mortal man.

“You'll have to bring her in, I'm not welcome in this home of the nine,” the vampire said as he carefully held her out for Roland to take in his arms instead, and in the light of a nearby torch the imperial could see the features of an Altmer beneath the vampire's hood, and oddly green eyes that emitted a faint light. Then she was in his arms, and the vampire whispered good luck to him before he put his hand up and rapped his knuckles on the wooden door before turning on his heel and disappearing into the night.

The door swung open moments afterwards, and the man looked up to see who it was that had opened it. A woman in a healers robe stood there, and he was so relieved that he had trouble finding his words as she looked down upon him and the burden he carried in his arms.

“A vampire attacked her, she's lost a lot of blood,” he uttered frantically, and the woman told him to follow her as she stepped in and headed against the opposite wall of the temple. He did not take in his surroundings, as all he could look at was his beloved when he got help to put her on a table and the healer worked on her through the rest of the night. When the morning's light shone through the windows, the man was in shock from all that had happened, and so did not hear it the first time the healer spoke to him. When he finally did, he did not know whether to believe her or not.

“We've managed to restore enough blood for her to be able to reproduce the rest on her own. She'll live.”

This post has been edited by Saquira: Jul 16 2016, 02:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2012, 05:21 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

432 – Felisa Serhas is arrested and meets Valen Dreth

433 – Felisa Serhas meets Gasheera and escapes from prison. She later kills the love of her life, Valen Dreth, and conspires with Sa'Quira to “make a hero” of Gasheera.

I remember that, you did an Awesome job on the love for Dreth, it was a shock when she killed him after mating, lol. Loved that story!

We've managed to restore enough blood for her to be able to reproduce the rest on her own. She'll live.”

I LOVE it !!! You've pulled another shocker, AWESOME !!!

Wonderful Write !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 28 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

OOooh, excellent!!... biggrin.gif ...Both parts!...

Always love the "Lets kill the vampire" quest... biggrin.gif ...

I love stories that jump about time somewhat... biggrin.gif ...*Applauds*...

Looking forward to seeing how you bring it all together...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

EDIT...Just noticed this...

as all he could look at was his bellowed when he got help to put her on a table

I'm assuming you mean beloved?... huh.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jun 28 2012, 12:55 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 29 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #5

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats on a new story!

Wow, a vampire with a touch of humanity. Very neat. Nice job!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 29 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Vampires? I am so in! Lets see some blood spill! Woo!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.â€
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Jun 29 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Thank you everyone biggrin.gif

And now for something completely different!

3E 384, 14th Rain's Hand

Due to their nature, the mystic Archives were never lit with the ordinary oil lamps or candles. During the days when the sun shone, an old construction of glass and diamond held the place well lit by dispersing its rays around the rooms. And during the night, welkynd stones and other magically infused stones served the same purpose, to give enough light to read in. A ledger lay on a lectern near the door, in which people wrote down the title of whatever book they'd chosen to borrow. Tar-Meena was the name of the Mystic Archives keeper. She had held the post for three years, and were expected to hold it for many others yet.

A gust of wind came in through the door when it was opened, and caused the page of the ledger to change. The man who'd opened the door paused briefly to return the book to its former state, and then he moved further into the library in search of its keeper. He found her at one of the shelves in the back, on her toes trying to return some books that had been turned in.

"Would you like some help with that?" the man asked with a smile, and the female argonian turned back when she heard his voice.

"Oh, it's you." She sighed, but stopped reaching for the top shelf, and handed him the book. "Very well. There are another couple of copies with that title on the upper shelf, put it next to them," Tar-Meena said and moved over to the box by the side of the shelf, in which more books were laying. The man took a look at the title of the book in his hand, De Rerum Dirennis, and reached up and placed it next to it's twin.

"So, Sorcalin, to what do I owe this pleasure?" the woman asked as the two of them moved amongst the shelves and sorted the books in the box. No expression was on her face that could ever convince anyone that it was a pleasure for her to meet him. He did not pay attention to this however, but spoke as if though they were two old friends.

"Something have happened for which I never planned, and I do not know how to handle it," he sighed as he spoke, and Tar-Meena rolled her eyes.

"When does anything ever go against you plans?" she asked sarcastically and turned her eyes to him. What she found on his face shocked her so profoundly that it took a moment for her to speak. "Sheogorath beat me senseless, you're in love!" She gaped at him.

"I am not at all familiar with the subject, but yes, I believe I am. And I do not know what to do," he answered as the argonian put a hand to her head and seated herself in the chair that stood just behind her.

"What daedra would be so senseless as to put that curse upon a woman," she murmured beneath her breath. "Mara save us all."

"Please, give me some advice," the elf said, looking down on her pleadingly, completely ignoring the words that most would see as an insult.

"Leave the girl alone, that is all I can advice you to do. We both know what have come of the people who've earned your affection in the past. If she has another suitor, then let him have her. He would have to be a murderer not to deserve her more than you," Tar-Meena said and looked up at him again, sadness pouring out of every part of her face.

"I cannot do that, I do not know how. She is like a breath of fresh air in the middle of summer, how could I not pursue her?" his eyes met the floor when he spoke, then he sighed as he met Tar-Meena's gaze again.

"Then tell her what you are so that she can run herself," the woman said with a hard look. The elf made to speak, but she silenced him with a raised hand. "No, I will not hear any more of the matter. What happens to the girl is on your head, and your head only. It is by the arch-magi's courtesy that you are even standing here, do not make me ask her to revoke that permission." Tar-Meena stood, and moved away from him to replace the last of the books.

Sorcalin looked after her, but did not question the woman, for he respected her more than most mages he'd ever met. Sighing once again, he steered his feet to the door and escaped into the hustle that was the Arcane University.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 1 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

YAY!!... biggrin.gif ...

Change is good...I like change...Imagination...

I applaud you!!...

So, who the her that is Arch-Mage then?...

Love the visit to the archive...

I look forward to more of yer changes... biggrin.gif ...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Jul 29 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

Here is the complete list of the characters whom I have created and who have/will appear in any of my stories. I'll update it as everything progresses. If I've forgotten anyone, please tell me.

Original characters:

Profession or title Name/Alternate name[meaning of name(if dragon language)] (race) – extra information

A
Commoner Adrasteia Braccus (Imperial) – Eventual wife of Sorcalin, but also courted by __

Centurion/Captain of the Imperial army Arturius Braccus (Imperial) – attracted to Ekali

B
C
Ranger-for-hire Caoilinn (Bosmer) - Turncloak that helped the Thalmor conquer Valenwood.

Alchemist Celedaen (Altmer) – Student of the Arcane University at the same time as He-Twists-His-Tail. Moved to Bruma at some point and opened an alchemy shop. Thus met Ekali occasionally. Among others he sold her the cure poison potion in EotFH.

D
Dark Brotherhood leader, former bandit Dar'Ilthi (Khajiit) – fostermother of Ekali

Caravan guard Do'Rak (khajiit) – Inerri's mate

E
Dragonborn, former forester Ekali/Golgronfron[earth bind kin] (khajiit) – main character in Ekali of the Frozen Heights (EotFH)

F
Silencer Felisa Serhas (dunmer) – loved Valen Dreth. Main character in Wfuabh.

Bruma guard Felix (Imperial)

G
Champion of Cyrodiil Gasheera (khajiit) – saved Tamriel from Mehrunes Dagon. Sa'Quiras' mate.

Gladio (Wolf) – Companion to Ekali

H
He-Twists-His-Tail/Twist (Argonian)

J
Bruma guard Janus (Imperial)

Juliana (Imperial) – betrothed to Janus

K
Bandit leader Khan gro-Tira (orc) – leader of the group of bandits Sa'Quira belonged to

L
I
Leader of one of the merchant caravans Inerri (khajiit) – Do'Raks' mate

M
M'ethe (khajiit, alfiq) – son of S'iniith

M'errunz (khajiit) – childhood friend of Sa'Quira, fell in love with her

N
Bruma guard Neven Dreth (Dunmer)

O
Bruma guard Olaf (Nord)

P
Q
R
S
Bandit Sa'Quira (khajiit) – mate of Gasheera, helped him save Tamriel. Ancestor of Dar'Ilthi, sister to S'iniith.

Shakh (orc) - Met Ekali on the Throat of the world

Merchant S'iniith (khajiit) – mother of M'ethe, sister of Sa'Quira

The magi/thief Sorcalin (Altmer/Vampire)

T
U
Companion member Ulvith (Nord)

Caravan guard Urjora (khajiit)

V
W
X
Y
Z

This post has been edited by Saquira: Feb 2 2015, 08:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Aug 10 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

McBadgere: I actually don't know who the arch-mage is at the moment. I've got some ideas, but I'm now sure if I actually want to use them.

I thought of this piece after my grandfathers urn had been buried this last Tuesday.

While it is short, I can think of no way to make it longer. I do not know how to do so without focusing on anything but the tragedy of the occasion, and there's only so much you can write about something like this.

3E 390, 12th Sun's Dawn

The quick scratching of the quill stopped when a loud thud was heard from the adjoining room, and the high elf dropped it with a frown on his face as he swept towards the door. He knew very few magicians would be able to send anything through the wards he'd constructed, even less a heavy enough object to create a thumping sound. He also doubted that any of his former teachers or associates would want anything to do with him after such a long time, and as such there really only was one possible sender left.

Sorcalin stopped as he was just about to open the door to the other room, and looked down at his trembling hand, mere inches from the handle of the door. Why would he even bother using that amount of power unless the delivery was something important? A stone settled itself in his stomach as he thought it over, not finding any plausible answer. What could even be so important, except for the people already in the Altmer's care? He drew in a ragged breath, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment before reaching his hand out towards the door again, features grim with determination.

It swung open easily, and Sorcalin could almost feel his heart stopping as he took in the sight before him. Inaction took hold of his every limb as he stared in shock, and he slumped to the ground before her still body, eyes still wide open with fear. He barely noted the envelope held in her hand, or the hurried steps behind him and then the frantic voice calling to him. Wondering if he was alright, then falling silent at the sight of her. Tears ran down his cheeks unchecked, and he stretched his hand out in a daze, seeking hers and hoping, no begging and fervently wishing, to find it warm. But it was as cold as the stones on which they both lay – Sorcalin had not even noticed that he was lying down – and her eyes no longer held the spark that had been there every time he'd spoken to her. Her skin was pale, much like the snow in the winter, and his magic could not feel even a trace of her energy.

She was gone, truly and irrevocably lost to him, and there was nothing that he could do to change that. Unable to get his hands on the heirs and their teacher, the impostor had gone after the protector in the only way he could. By taking away the only person that Sorcalin truly loved. His wife.

It took hours before he was stable enough to reach for the envelope – it bore his seal – and open it.

I do not take lightly to people who interfere with my affairs, and I trust that this will be a sufficient lesson.
You may be interested to know that she was with child – yours – when I killed her.

J. T.

Fresh tears welled in his eyes, and rage grew in his heart, but the High elf merely dropped the parchment and drew closer to her, cradling his beloved in his arms.

Author's note: I would be curious to know why you think Jagar Tharn would kill Sorcalin's wife, if you can come up with any ideas. I will post what I've written about the reason in a few days, but I'd like to hear what you think in the meantime.

This post has been edited by Saquira: Jul 16 2016, 02:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 11 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

I actually don't know who the arch-mage is at the moment. I've got some ideas, but I'm now sure if I actually want to use them.

Fair enough...

I thought of this piece after my grandfathers urn had been buried this last Tuesday.

sad.gif ...

While it is short, I can think of no way to make it longer. I do not know how to do so without focusing on anything but the tragedy of the occasion, and there's only so much you can write about something like this.

Fair enough, 'tis a wonderful and to the point piece that says it all...No need to expand, it's brilliant...

Aaamywho, the Sorcalin/Tharn thing...

Is it something to do with the Barenziah (sp?) thing?...When he (Tharn) impersonated Uriel and seduced Barenziah...Perhaps Sorcalin worked out somehow that Uriel was Tharn even back then, and threatened him that way...

Dunno...Was the first thing I thought of though... biggrin.gif ...

Brilliant writing...

A sad and horrible event for Sorcalin to endure and keep going for all that time with... kvright.gif ...

Loving it!!...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Aug 11 2012, 06:32 AM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 11 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

I think the length suited your purpose well here. Very powerful, Saquira. Well done!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Aug 12 2012, 02:38 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

I have a lot of things to say about that last line, but I can not articulate my thoughts. I can only say that it was extraordinarily well-written. I know this comment isn't exactly helpful, but that line really was touching.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Aug 14 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

McBadgere: Well, Sorcalin did find out who Jagar Tharn was when he was impersonating someone, but not that early. I figure he knew Tharn as the Imperial Battlemage, and then when Tharn banished the emperor and took his place the elf found out that something was wrong rather quickly. And thanks smile.gif

Grits and Zalphon: Thank you

According to the Imperial Library Tharn was in charge of the empire from 3E 389-399, and I've found no information about what happened to the emperors heirs during that time. There are some rumors that they'd been sent to schools far away. So I'm making it so that those are rumors Tharn started in order to cover up the fact that really, the heirs disappeared.

So here follows the exact reason to why Jagar Tharn killed Sorcalin's wife.

3E 389, 29th Hearthfire

His steps were quick against the hard stones of the palace, yet – thanks to his leather raiment – he made no noise. Most of the guards were not there at the moment. Those not yet completely under the impostors spell still trusted him, and so believed that the instructions Sorcalin had given them came from the emperor. Had the emperor been available to speak with, he probably would have given those same orders, but there was no way that anyone could know that at present. The emperor, Uriel Septim VII, was no longer in charge, as Sorcalin had noticed a day ago, and as such the high elf was in a hurry to get his charges to safety.

He stopped in front of the door leading to Enman's quarters, hands brushing across the smooth surface briefly as he sent an unlocking spell into it. He'd managed to encourage the lads to all stay in Enman's rooms for the night, and the imposter had not objected, probably thinking that he'd put his own plans for the emperors heirs into play. Only his ignorance concerning Sorcalin's powers had prevented the High elf from being imprisoned instead of simply being fired, and it gave him the perfect opportunity to take the boys to safety.

Using a silencing charm on the door, the warlock slipped through it and hurried through the small lounge to the doors of the bedroom. This door was unlocked, but held an alarm enchantment that the Altmer had to disarm before he could move through. He saw them instantly when he slipped inside, lying on the three beds in the room, and hurried up to the closest of the boys. He put his hand over the youths mouth before shaking his shoulder with the other, and Geldall came awake with a start, struggling for a bit before he noticed who was holding him down. When he'd done so he stilled and gazed at the man, a puzzled look on his face.

Sorcalin moved the fingers of his free hand to gesture for the boy to be quiet, and when the lad nodded in understanding the elf released him and went on to wake his brothers in the same manner. When all of them were awake, the Altmer aided them in donning inconspicuous clothing. Then they snuck out of the room with Sorcalin in the lead.

They'd only descended one floor when footsteps sounded ahead of them, the light of fire flickering along the hallway, and the elf pushed all of them into one of the unused rooms, managing to shut the door just before the men came into sight. Looking through the keyhole, he could see several of the impostors guards, as well as the man himself, in his guise as the emperor. However, as the guards were loyal to him, he put no further effort looking as the emperor than his looks, and so it was obvious even to the boys who'd rarely met him, that their father was no longer present in the palace.

As soon as the light and footsteps faded, the four continued to hurry through the corridors, and it was not until they left the palace and entered Green Emperor Way that shouts were heard through the huge building. Then Sorcalin and the boys ran, as swiftly as they could without drawing much attention to themselves.

A paralyzation spell on the guards at the gate to the Arboretum put them out of play, and the high elf cast only a look backwards before following the young boys through. Daedra in the guise of guards were spreading across the grounds.

They met Adrasteia near the southeastern gate, her worried look showing that her path had not been without trouble. He greeted her with a quick peck on the lips, then she took the hands of the youngest boys in hers and they hurried through the gate that was suspiciously void of guards. Sorcalin did not ask her about it, trusting her completely, and merely thanked the Nine that they had been uninterrupted so far.

Casting another look backwards as they hurried across the grass-covered slope towards the water, the Altmer saw that the daedra had abandoned their human disguises, and told the others to run faster. Dark surrounded them, but he knew that that would not hinder the demons eyesight, and he knew enough of the Imperial isle to be able to lead them on a safe path to the water where a boat was waiting for them.

He flung a fireball over his shoulder as the growls came closer, and then almost threw Enman into the boat before him, as Adrasteia and the other boys were already in it, and pushed on the wooden construction, putting all of the momentum he'd gained into doing it faster. The daedra were close behind him, but he flung himself into the boat before they could reach their claws out after him. The creatures dared not follow them into the dark waters, and so Sorcalin took out the oars as the others huddled together for warmth, looking back onto the shore with frightened gazes.

It was a few hours later when the bottom of the water faring craft touched upon the shore of the southern bank and the four humans and the elf clambered out. Still no explanation was offered for the boys, for there would be time for that later, and they were not yet beyond danger.

Adrasteia took Socalin's face in her hands and kissed him before she looked into his eyes one last time and turned around. It had been her idea for them to separate after they left the city, and so she didn't look back as she hurried away, drawing her green cloak closer about her. Though it pained him, the High elf knew her reasoning was sensible. They'd be hard pressed to stay out of the impostors grasp for the next few weeks, and so it's be safer for his wife to travel on her own to a location that he did not know of. The battlemage would be more focused on gaining the heirs before they slipped out from his grasp completely, and so was unlikely to put much effort into hunting her before it became clear that doing so would be the only way to get at the Altmer. And by then, hopefully, it'd be too late.

This post has been edited by Saquira: Jul 16 2016, 02:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 15 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow...Nice one!...Very much the hero...Well, certainly at this point he's a hero...*Applauds*...

That was a very cool piece of writing there...Loved it!!...

Really sad that that was the last time they'd see each other...Just a quick parting...That really is sad...Well done there!!... sad.gif ...

Brilliant stuff...

Nice one!!...

*applauds heartily*...
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Aug 15 2012, 04:39 AM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

I like the plot that's developing here and I'm inclined to agree with McBadgere, it was quite sad.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Aug 21 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

So I've got this bad case of writer's block concerning EotFH, and I figured I'd post some more about Sorcalin that I wrote during the vacation to make up for it somewhat. With school and my training beginning now, I won't have as much time to write anymore, but I'll do my best. I've got another two scenes with Sorcalin written up, and then another couple that are half finished. So I do have some stuff to post.

I'm getting closer to figuring out who the arch-mage is, though she still lacks a name and appearance.

3E 380 11th Sun's Dawn

The female Breton barely had time to put up a shield before the male in the green doublet slashed at her with a dagger. She used her staff to shoot a frost spell at him as he and the other two necromancers closed in on her. A fireball, whose caster she could not see, engulfed one of them a moment later, but the other two were still approaching. The remaining necromancer in the black robe summoned a corpse that lumbered after her, and though the green-clad man was slowed down by the frost, he didn't pause in coming at her.

She barely noticed the fireball that impacted with the summoners chest a moment later, because Mercator Hosidius had just knocked her of her feet and moved to kill her. But before he could do so, a silver dagger stuck out of his chest, and she crawled backwards with wide eyes as the man slumped to the ground. An imperial in brown and black finery appeared before her, and when she started he glared down at the woman by his feet. She gasped for breath as the man pushed the steward away, and another man came up – this one a High elf – and took a hold around her arms to pull her up. She was still enveloped in shock when the imperial began to talk.

“You impossible fool! What possessed you to think I would suggest a meeting here, of all places!?” he practically growled at her as he narrowed his red eyes. “At least your gullibility served some useful purpose. I knew about Mercator, but not his friends. Now none of them are a threat any longer. Despite what your council thinks, I've not joined the Necromancers and would never do so. You may pass along that message,” he ranted, not stopping until the other man put a hand on his shoulder. Then his rage abated some, and he realized that the woman was leaning away from him slightly in shock. There was no fear in her eyes however when he met them, and he blinked in surprise.

“Well I'll beg your pardon then, for I know nothing of what you're rambling on about! Assuming you're the count, I've been sent to fetch a book you borrowed from the guild,” she said angrily as she glared at him. And this time it was the count who leaned backwards while the high elf standing behind him guffawed. The imperial kept on blinking with a stunned expression for several minutes before he managed to find his voice.

“Then I'll ask you to forgive me, but I hope you realize that there is no book, and that you were sent to find out about my allegiance. You tell your council that the next time they want something from me, they come themselves. They don't send someone under false pretenses.” She was no longer glaring when he finished. “I regret that Traven has involved you in this way. At least you've survived... for now. Perhaps in the future, you can be trusted enough to deal with more serious matters. Now, our business here is concluded. I suggest you return to your council.” The count straightened his clothes as he said this, giving her a curt nod before turning towards the city and walking away. The Altmer smiled at her and bowed down slightly before he followed the other man. She looked after them for a while before shaking her head to clear it – meaning she had to brush the black hair away from her face – and heading off in her own direction.

This post has been edited by Saquira: Jul 16 2016, 02:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Aug 22 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Nobody likes Mercator--and I don't blame them. I do like how she was knocked down and when she stood up, there was a silver dagger in his chest. Just a bit of an interesting way to do it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 22 2012, 03:44 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

So I've got this bad case of writer's block concerning EotFH

Writer's block is a b!tch...My own problem is, I know what to write, I just can't get around to starting, and find many other, and far more interesting things to do to avoid it...*Whistles* laugh.gif ...

I'm sure something will turn up soon...

With school and my training beginning now, I won't have as much time to write anymore, but I'll do my best.

School and training is important...The story is not going anywhere...Get settled in, then come back to it when you know what you are doing...So says the aged fool parent of a teenager!!... tongue.gif biggrin.gif ...

Aaaaamywho...

Blimey!...You have that happen a long time before Oblivion doncha?... biggrin.gif ...Wassat, 80-odd years before?...Fair dues, I do like the way you've done that though...It's pretty mysterious what's going on, just thrown in in the middle of a fight...And yet, if you've done that quest it gives a little "Yay!!" to it!... biggrin.gif ...

Brilliant stuff...Nicely done!...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

+Quote Post
Saquira
post Aug 26 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

Zalphon: Yeah, he's the kind of person that you dislike the moment you meet him.

McBadgere: That's my problem to. And yeah, I'm going to take my time. It happens about fifty years before, which puts the arch-mage in her seventies at the end of the crisis, and that's exactly what I want. Thank you happy.gif

3E 384, 3rd Sun's Height

As he was walking across the open space his gaze wandered, and settled on the elegant shape of her, haggling with a trader on the other side of the square. He stopped, unable to take his eyes of the woman whom he'd been watching quite a lot since he arrived in the Imperial city the year before. He'd been bickering with himself all that time, trying to to decide what he should do about it. Whether it would be a good idea to introduce himself. He'd even asked Tar-Meena for help a while ago, and still he had no answers. That fact in itself baffled him, as he'd never before faced a problem he couldn't solve. And, being over five hundred years old, shouldn't that be easy for him?

Taking a deep breath, he shuffled his feet slightly and straightened the green doublet that he was wearing, before he began walking the distance across the square. As he approached, he began to hear what exactly she was haggling for. The woman was also glaring at the keeper of the stall when he came up.

“You don't want to buy fish here. It's much cheaper in Weye,” he said, stepping up next to her, and she turned to him with an irritated sound.

“Do you realize that it isn't polite to stare at people, or follow them around?” she asked after laying eyes on him, and the High elf winced as he realized that she'd seen him before.

“I'm sorry, I've been meaning to speak to you before. I simply... didn't know how,” he said with a grimace before smiling at her. She rolled her eyes and made to walk away, but Sorcalin had already spotted the smile that tugged at her lips and wasn't willing to give up so easily. “Would you care to join me for lunch? Tomorrow at noon at the Tiber Septim hotel?” he asked quickly, and she looked back at him.

“If you want to buy me lunch you'll have to tell me your name,” she said, not being able to avoid smiling any longer.

“I am Sorcalin, may I ask for my lady's name?” He bowed slightly at her, forcing her to stifle a chuckle.

“My name is Adrasteia Braccus,” she said with mirth and he took her hand, bending down to kiss it.

“Pleased to meet you, my lady,” he said as he stood up again, just in time to witness her flushing cheeks.

“Well, I suppose we'll see each other tomorrow,” she breathed out, then she turned from him and walked away down a street that connected to the square. Just as she was about to turn onto another street, she turned to look back at him, and he smiled at her.

It wasn't until a long while after that he looked about himself and began to walk towards the palace, smiling broadly as he did so.

This post has been edited by Saquira: Jul 16 2016, 02:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:30 AM