Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cure Disease Spell
Grits
post Jan 22 2015, 01:35 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

We were talking about this in another thread, and I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well so that we can find it again later. smile.gif

<><><><><>

Here are the links to the latest files in two different flavors:

Cure Disease Spell – add with console

Cure Disease Spell For Sale – buy from Colette

<><><><><>

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 21 2015, 03:01 PM) *

Here you go my friends: Dropbox Link. biggrin.gif The Cure Disease spell is an Adept level spell that costs the same magicka as Close Wounds. Its cost is decreased by the Adept Restoration perk, and it will increase your Restoration skill when used. Here’s the one annoying thing that I’ve never been able to correct: in the menu the cost displays as per second, when it’s actually a cast once and done situation. Argh! Anyone who knows how to fix that, I’d love a tip!

I did not place the tome anywhere or add it to anyone’s inventory for the smallest possible footprint, so you have to use the console to get it. Spell Tome is item xx00D4DC and the spell itself is xx00D4DA. I’d be happy to give it to Collette to sell or who or whatever else might suit if you want in-game access other than the magical mall or mail (console command to add item biggrin.gif ).

This morning I also added the tome to Colette’s merchant chest, so in this version you can buy it from her at the College of Winterhold: Cure Disease Spell For Sale.

Now Valdi wants a Cure Disease on Other spell so that she can cast it on Erik after every vampire encounter. This would be for purely RP purposes since I don’t think NPCs can actually get diseases. So far I’ve gotten to the point where I’m trying to get the effect to show on the targeted NPC. Fun!

This post has been edited by Grits: Jan 23 2015, 03:30 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 22 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, good job Gritsy. Looking forward to finding this spell.

My cleric is part of Compainions, which means technically she could just go under the SkyForge and ... *ahem* .. which would give her 100% disease resistance. But this would make her game too easy. I like that she's susceptible to disease, and will need to use a CD spell.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jan 22 2015, 04:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 22 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!

I figured it out. biggrin.gif

The ‘per sec’ magicka cost that displays in the menu results from a casting time of 0 in the Spellmaking box toward the bottom of the Magic Effect window. I just gave the effect a casting time of 0.5 and the per sec disappeared. YAAAAY!!! biggrin.gif

Here are the links again in two different flavors:

Cure Disease Spell – add with console

Cure Disease Spell For Sale – buy from Colette

ALSO I have an experimental Cure Disease Other spell that I’m testing with Valdi. It does not use the Cure Disease script on the NPC, it just looks like it’s curing them. (Edit - turns out that's not what the script is for.) RP purposes only.

I like your thinking about C.Voyance, Renee. It was trying to make diseases mean something that led me to making a spell. No way was my healer Abiene going to drink a potion to cure herself!

This post has been edited by Grits: Jan 23 2015, 03:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 22 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Such a shame we can't get this spell on Xbox. I know mpls BigDaddy (over at Beth) was saddened by the fact that Cure Disease is not in the vanilla game anymore.

But as for me? I'm installing this sucker tonight. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jan 22 2015, 06:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 22 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay! smile.gif

So, quick question. Which sounds more appealing, a Cure Disease Other spell with a pure blue effect that does not get a reaction from the NPC, or a combo Cure and healing other spell that has both visual effects and causes the NPC to react the way they do when you simply heal them? I’m having no luck getting the verbal response without an actual effect on the NPC.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 22 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I was thinking about a Cure Disease on others, but as you said, I am not sure other people can get diseases. But out of the two options, I would go for the one that also has healing, just to get that reaction from NPCs that you are doing something to them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 22 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Woo, I got it to work by copying the properties from the SayOnHitByMagicEffect script used by another spell! hehe.gif

added: Thank you, SubRosa! Now I have the pure blue effect and the comment from the NPC without the CureDisease script (because they're not actually sick).

Time to test it and make sure nothing blows up. Lol.

This post has been edited by Grits: Jan 22 2015, 07:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 23 2015, 03:57 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Cure Disease by Grits is in my game. Like I said, I went with the 'Buy from Collette' option, so it'll really be immer ... imm IMMerss *cough* exciting to come upon this little surprise. My memory is bad too, so chances are I'll be completely surprised when the moment occurs.

I went through the Foundation Mods thread actually and installed all the mods which piqued my interest today. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 23 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Another day, another improvement, another thing I want to figure out.

First, good morning! smile.gif

Improvement: I learned a tiny thing about using scripts and now you will get the message ‘All diseases cured’ when you cast the spell. I uploaded the latest files between 9 and 9:15 this morning.

Thing I want to figure out: I’d like to place a copy out on Farengar’s desk for thieves. That part is easy. The thing I need to figure out is how to get him to sell it so that characters who are honest but not college mages have access to the spell. I added the tome to his merchant faction but it’s not appearing in his sales inventory. Hmm.

Renee, have fun with your new mods! happy.gif I know you will immersively immerse your immersion! biggrin.gif

ETA: I added the links to my first post to hopefully decrease the annoyance I’m causing with my learning curve. embarrased.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Jan 23 2015, 03:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 24 2015, 02:39 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Don't worry about giving it to Farengar. Lucan in Riverwood sells spell tomes to anyone, and I think some other merchants also do so. There may be issues with the level of a spell that prevent a mere merchant from having it, but if you need to be a mage to use it, you'd get it from Farengar anyway.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 24 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

I would not give anything to Farengar, because people trying to avoid the main quest will not be able to go to him to buy it. Unless they can dodge around Irileth long enough to reach Farengar and buy it, then dodge Irlieth some more to escape Dragonsreach before being roped into the conversation with Balgruuf, his steward, and Irileth about escaping Helgen and the return of dragons.

If anything, I would just make the spelltome and leave one copy in the Helgen dungeon, so a starting character can pick it up right away. Because some Alternate Start mods like Live Another Life use entry to Helgen to kick off the main quest, I would also leave another copy sitting in Riverwood where the PC can pick it up. Maybe on top of a barrel outside of Lucan's store.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 24 2015, 08:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 28 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you for the input! I ended up leaving Farengar out of it but adding a lower value personal copy for Wylandriah on her shelf. That way a thief can simply steal it or a non-college or lower level mage can do her favor quest and take it once she’s a friend. Them, really, since there are tomes for Cure Disease and Cure Disease Other. I still can’t figure out how to have placed items appear in the vendor’s inventory. There’s more to it than assigning faction ownership to the items, apparently.

I also made an Arcane Antidote spell, Apprentice level that ‘cures’ poison and heals 25 points. Costs the same as Fast Healing but heals half as much since it also stops the poison. Those are easy to get from a vendor since they’re only Apprentice level. Now poor Ulfe can get cured when she shows up all green and hissing from the traps in a dungeon. laugh.gif

I need to play with them some more before I figure out how to release them into the shark tank Nexus, but if anyone is interested they’re up for grabs. Fun! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:50 AM