Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here I go again, another mod in the making.
ghastley
post May 3 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Mellewen went off to Dragonsreach to do a bit of posing. I made her a series of shorter variants of the mage outfits, suitable for someone from the Summerset Isles. It's not as cold as Winterhold, so she doesn't need so many layers, and especially not those pants!

So far I've only created the Restoration ones, but they all use the same templates, so the rest just need some drudge-work in the CK. Note that there's no Archmage Robes, as she won't be doing those quests, and won't need any. She'll probably want a set of Psijic robes that show off her legs, eventually.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 1 2015, 03:14 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 3 2015, 01:07 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 2 2015, 07:06 PM) *

Mellewen went off to Dragonsreach to do a bit of posing. I made her a series of shorter variants of the mage outfits, suitable for someone from the Summerset Isles. It's not as cold as Winterhold, so she doesn't need so many layers, and especially not those pants!

So far I've only created the Restoration ones, but they all use the same templates, so the rest just need some drudge-work in the CK. Note that there's no Archmage Robes, as she won't be doing those quests, and won't need any. She'll probably want a set of Psijic robes that show off her legs, eventually.

These are gorgeous!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 3 2015, 01:14 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

These look great, ghastley! Are you doing the brown/gold mantled adept robes, too? I think they would look great with Mellewen’s coloring. I love the shorter sleeves that you’ve given these robes.

I just saw the Psijic robes on Quaranir today. Those colors would look awesome on Mellewen! She’s beautiful.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 3 2015, 02:55 AM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice work! Don't need no stinking pants. tongue.gif

Ghastley, since you working with the College robes, do you know what about them causes NPCs to comment, 'Nice robes, you some kinda wizard?' and other such remarks? I wonder if there is some box in the CK or such to check that causes them to be so recognized. In modding these robes, I wonder if you encountered such a setting or box or tag or such. The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if modded outfits that look sort of like College robes but aren't could be so 'tagged' in the CK.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 3 2015, 05:00 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 2 2015, 09:55 PM) *

Ghastley, since you working with the College robes, do you know what about them causes NPCs to comment, 'Nice robes, you some kinda wizard?' and other such remarks? I wonder if there is some box in the CK or such to check that causes them to be so recognized. In modding these robes, I wonder if you encountered such a setting or box or tag or such. The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if modded outfits that look sort of like College robes but aren't could be so 'tagged' in the CK.

There's a FormList called WICommentCollegeRobesList - it contains the template forms for the two basic College mage robe styles, plus the Archmages' Robes. It does not include the blue or black robes that non-College mages wear, and I didn't add Mellewen's, as she's not joining them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 3 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Tried a re-texture of the Novice robes, based on the Psijic ones.

Initiate's robes

Here's a screenshot of Mellewen wearing them.

The stats are the next step up from the College Master robes, as I see the Psijics having taken Magic beyond what the College of Winterhold (or the College of Whispers or Synod) knows. They haven't lost research to wars, being isolated on Arteum.

But those were done for Mellewen. I'm not sure what makes sense for a general-use mod. A parallel set of robes for non-College mages, or an extension set with greater stats that start becoming available at higher levels?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 1 2015, 03:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 3 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 3 2015, 04:22 PM) *

Tried a re-texture of the Novice robes, based on the Psijic ones.

Initiate's robes

Here's a screenshot of Mellewen wearing them.

The stats are the next step up from the College Master robes, as I see the Psijics having taken Magic beyond what the College of Winterhold (or the College of Whispers or Synod) knows. They haven't lost research to wars, being isolated on Arteum.

But those were done for Mellewen. I'm not sure what makes sense for a general-use mod. A parallel set of robes for non-College mages, or an extension set with greater stats that start becoming available at higher levels?

Oh, that is Awesome! I've always loved the Psijic robes anyway, love this one!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 3 2015, 09:39 PM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, the Psijic redo looks fabulous! Nice job!

How to get them in the game for a general mod seems really clear to me: From a Psijic Monk! Seriously. Perhaps gift them to the player during the second meeting with the player - when they freeze time in the Arch Mage's quarters.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 4 2015, 02:16 AM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

She looks gorgeous in the initiate's robes. I love it!

How about having Nelacar sell them? He's in the Frozen Hearth so he is accessible to college and independent mages.

added: I like the idea of them being better or somehow different than the college robes you can buy to reflect their Psijic origin.

This post has been edited by Grits: May 4 2015, 02:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 4 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Adding those two replies makes sense; the regular series should be available from Nelacar as "non-College" ones, and the Psijic ones (enchantment matched to player's highest skill) from Quaranir.

I just noted that the gold value of mine didn't match the standard ones, although the enchantment is the same. I need to find out why before I start making all the others, just in case some of the enchantment isn't being applied.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 4 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 4 2015, 10:40 AM) *

Adding those two replies makes sense; the regular series should be available from Nelacar as "non-College" ones, and the Psijic ones (enchantment matched to player's highest skill) from Quaranir.

I just noted that the gold value of mine didn't match the standard ones, although the enchantment is the same. I need to find out why before I start making all the others, just in case some of the enchantment isn't being applied.

Oh, that is interesting! If the enchantment is set for it, what would make it not apply?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 5 2015, 04:07 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Turns out that the higher values are directly set in the CK to override the calculated ones. I made mine match.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 6 2015, 03:42 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 4 2015, 11:07 PM) *

Turns out that the higher values are directly set in the CK to override the calculated ones. I made mine match.

But do the effects still play out regardless the value?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 6 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

The current effects tab reflects what I'd set, so I assume it's all working. It's hard to judge in-game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 6 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 6 2015, 11:54 AM) *

The current effects tab reflects what I'd set, so I assume it's all working. It's hard to judge in-game.

I never even wondered about it working or not till you mentioned it over-riding values; but if it is showing up in the active effects it must be working. Was it showing up in the active affects before you altered the values to match the vanilla game values?

(just curious).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 6 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

I hadn't looked there until I saw the gold disparity. But I did look before I made the change, and they looked good.

Mellewen went to Winterhold for the first time last night, so I could check out Nelacar, and he wasn't acting as a merchant. I wonder if that's only after doing Azura's quest? If so, he's not so good as the sole source of the robes.

Edit: I checked his definition in the CK, and couldn't see why he didn't offer services before doing Azura's quest. He certainly did after it. He's in his own faction for that, but that's added in his base form, not by script. It may be something to do with quest priorities, or just a bug! wacko.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 7 2015, 05:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 7 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

I may also have to attempt this - the Psijic robes, minus the outer layer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 7 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Nelacar not a merchant, what?! That’s annoying. I rarely ever do the Azura quest, but he sells reliably in my games. Let me know if there’s something I can check out.

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 7 2015, 04:35 PM) *

I may also have to attempt this - the Psijic robes, minus the outer layer.

That would look great! And the grey under-robe fits the lore’s description of their garb. I love that wide belt thing cinched around the waist.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 8 2015, 01:09 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

False alarm. I just had to let him get through all his Azura's quest dialog, and the merchant prompt came up eventually. I may have arrived at the wrong time of day the first time, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 8 2015, 01:46 AM
Post #20

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew, glad you got Nelacar sorted out.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:14 PM