Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Lunacy of the Guilloux Mansion Playground
Elisabeth Hollow
post Dec 31 2013, 12:57 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

Angelina

Angelina's face brightened with a genuine smile. "So we're next to each other? How lovely! I love being in this library."

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jan 4 2014, 12:40 AM
Post #62

Councilor
Group Icon

Enarvy couldn't help but smile back at Angelina. "I can see why. It's a marvellous collection, the finest I've seen outside of the College of Whispers in fact. Truth be told it puts my own library to shame, though I'd wager that in one or two small areas mine's superior. Provided one's interested in those areas of course."

He cast a hungry gaze about the library, as if to devour the books wholesale. When he turned back to Angelina, the faintest trace of that look remained, softened by a warm smile. "I imagine I'll have to be virtually dragged from here for meals." He said, followed by soft, mellow laughter.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 4 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

Angelina

Angelina laughed with him, putting her hand on his arm. "If you'd like, my own library is nearly as vast. When this is over, provided you don't find the gold and leave me alone in the dust, perhaps you'd like to come see it?" She gave his arm a gentle squeeze before letting it fall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jan 4 2014, 01:16 AM
Post #64

Councilor
Group Icon

Enarvy couldn't help but laugh at this. "I doubt I'll find the gold Angelina. Like as not I'll end up getting my nose in a book and forgetting about it. Gold can pass through a person's fingers like water, but knowledge is a greater treasure by far, and one easier to hold on to. But even were I to find it, I doubt I coud find it in me to pass up such a library. And I am certain I could not refuse the continued pleasure of your company."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 5 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

Aranios' gaze flickered to the corner as she spoke. For a moment, he could have sworn that something had moved in it, shifted position imperceptibly, but there was nothing. Just some talk of necromancy and curses and he was already letting it get to him. Ridiculous.

"I'm the observant type," he said in response to Selvia's first remark. "And the weather certainly seems to be acting the part if the place really is cursed."

He looked thoughtful.

"Half a dozen guests combing this place from top to bottom," he remarked. "All sorts of ugly things might come to light with that happening, don't you think?"
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 6 2014, 02:00 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

Angelina

Angelina smiled brightly at this. "That makes me feel very nice, Enarvy. I really wish you would give the search a chance, though. Uncle Petra only named the ones he saw fit for the gold. Did she tell you how much the chest is worth?"

She leaned in, the sparkled in her eyes becoming brighter. "Five-hundred thousand septims. That could last a man the rest of his life, and his children's lives."

Selvia

Selvia nodded, a smirk on her face. "Definitely. Let me give you a hint. If she says don't go in there, go in there. But make sure she's occupied. A bath, a distraction, something. I hope you've got light fingers." She wiggled her own digits and laughed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jan 6 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #67

Councilor
Group Icon

Enarvy stood frozen for a moment, captivated by the sparkle of Angelina's eyes, even as a tinge of sadness came into his own. His warm smile fell a little, and it seemed suddenly that his years weighes a litle heavier on him. "Five-hundred thousand Septims? Had I known that, I would have sent my apologies, and declined the invitation." He paused a moment, then explained; "I'm an aging Mer, though I may live for centuries yet. I've no family, and precious little besides my work and research. Such a sum is far too vast for me, too vast for any one person, to my mind. A little extra gold would be of help, but such a sum... I do not know what I would do with it. There are finer things in this world than coin, rare treasures than gold, and I would rather focus my attention on those than chase more money than I know what to do with."

"Besides," he chuckled, "after my small lecture about not seeking power for the sake of power, and that the some holds true for gold, I could hardly start frantically searching for it now, could I?" A trace of humour found it's way back into his sad smile, and his eyes took on a slight mischivous gleam.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 14 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

The clock struck seven, and Angelina shrunk a little when Belladonna whirled past them.

"Dinner!" She called out. "Be there, or you do not eat!"

When the group had finally gathered into the dining room, Antoine and Anaya began serving everyone. The succulent smell of roast mutton and fowl filled the air, along with a warm smell of buttered rolls and steamed vegetables. Goblets were brought out, and water, milk, juices and wines were served. Belladonna was noticeably absent the first few minutes of the meal. When she arrived, she had Selvia on her tail.

"Gentlemen, this is Selvia Valeiu. She was my father's..lover." She grimaced and sat down. "She has made a point to have me tolerate her presence, as much as I'd like to toss her out."

Selvia poured herself a glass of wine, shooing Anaya away. She began serving herself. Anaya served those who allowed her to serve them, putting on the meat and vegetables of their choice. Outside, the rain and wind raged on, battering at the house.

(OOC: Alright, dinner banter!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jan 22 2014, 06:50 PM
Post #69

Councilor
Group Icon

Enarvy took a seat at the dinner table, smiling warmly at Angelina as she sat beside him. As Anaya moved to serve him he stopped her. "Thankyou, but no, I will serve myself. I've never been able to abide being waited on. And I shall be more than happy to aid Angelina, should she wish it." As Anaya moved on to serve the others, Enarvy frowned briefly in concentration. Seconds later, a platter of roast mutton rose from the table, and began drifting gracefully towards Enarvy. He placed a few slices of mutton on his plate, the platter of mutton still floating before him, and turned to Angelina. "Mutton?"

Then he realised what he must look like. "My apologies, the meals at the College tend to rely on this sort of thing. It's considered an exercise in delicacy and finesse, and is something of a bad habit I suppose." Enarvy trailed off there, a faint blush finding it's way onto his cheeks. Despite his discomfort and embarrassment, the plate didn't move so much as an inch.

(OOC: Let me know if there's anything you would like me to change, Liz)

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Jan 22 2014, 06:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Jan 23 2014, 12:08 AM
Post #70

Mouth
Group Icon

Sarde took a seat opposite Enarvy, and let the Dunmer maiden fill his plate with cabbage and roasted beef. He grinned when Enarvy blushed.

"Perhaps I could help, kinsman?" He took the plate from the air and laid it gently down on the table. "So, you're a student of Alteration then? Do tell."

This post has been edited by Rohirrim: Jan 23 2014, 12:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jan 23 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #71

Councilor
Group Icon

Enarvy turned as Sarde spoke, hastily recovering himself. "Alteration? Telekinesis is from the school of Mysticism, lad. The College of Winterhold is the only institutein Tamriel that did away with Mysticism. Before the Oblivion crisis, while then Arch-mage Traven was holding the investigation into necromancy, there were those that tried to defend it. They argued that it was akin to Mysticism, but those arguments were mostly dismissed. It seems in Skyrim the arguments held some weight, which led to the College of Winterhold's stance on Mysticism. Or so I gather at least."

At this point Enarvy caught himself, and sent a dish of potatoes and a couple of buttered rolls floating over towards him. The rolls landed beside his plate, and after taking a few potatoes for his plate he offered them to those nearby before sending them back.

"Haha, there I go lecturing again, please, forgive me. Teaching is a hard habit to break. But to answer your question, I am indeed a student of Alteration, though some might appraise my skill higher. In fact, I am a student of all schools of magic, save those of necromancy, for obvious reasons, and illusion. I'm not comfortable with altering people's minds, whatever the cause."

Enarvy took a sip of wine, and continued, a mischeivous grin now lighting his features. "I take it, Sarde, that you've had a little magical education here in Skyrim then. A little telekinesis to help your juggling perhaps? If you'll pardon the jest."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Jan 25 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #72

Mouth
Group Icon

Sarde grabbed a potato and split it, dressing and seasoning as he spoke.

"A funny story actually. In my youth, I came here to study at the Bard's College. Skyrim not known for being a place of higher learning, I simply asked for 'the College'. Now, this was just over the border from Morrowing, up by Windhelm, so they took me to the College of Winterhold. Having spent my carriage money, I had no choice but to stay there until I could earn the money for safe passage to Solitude."

"After two and a half months, I finally had enough septims for a bodyguard, and I continued on to the Bard's College. In my time in Winterhold, I picked up a few basic spells, and this one was a favorite of mine. It helps when doing things like...you know those traveling shows where one man plays an inordinate amount of instruments? Well, I can do it without the need of rigging more suited to a pack mule."

This post has been edited by Rohirrim: Jan 25 2014, 10:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 12 2014, 11:48 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

Percival

Percival heard the distinct ring of the dinner bell, then Belladonna calling out that dinner was ready. He departed from the library and made his way down to the dining room. He sat at the table and smiled at Anya as she served him, then began eating. After a few minutes, he looked up from his plate and glanced around the table at the others. He cleared his throat a bit

"So...how is everyone doing so far?" He mumbled. twiddled his thumbs

That's right. Make things awkward, just like you always do.

He sighed and looked down at his plate

Maybe nobody heard me.

He glanced around the large dining room and nonchalantly took a bite out of his food as he glanced around the room. He sighed and looked to the person next to him and gave them a warm smile

"Hello. My name is Percival. What's yours?"

(He's not sitting next to anyone specific, anyone can interact with him.)

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 13 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

Selvia

Selvia absently listened to the conversation as she began eating. Her ears picked up on Angelina's giggle as one of the Dunmer, the older one, served himself using telekinesis. She knew Anaya would appreciate the gesture of the guests serving themselves.

Angelina clapped at a remark the younger Dunmer made. "Oh, you can play? That's lovely! I've always had a soft spot for bards. There was this one that use to come by once a month and play for me. Sadly, he was elderly once I hit eighteen and couldn't travel anymore. I haven't seen him in a few years."

The young man next to Selvia spoke, and she turned her sharp eyes over to him.

"Selvia." She said simply. "How did you know Petra?"

She wasn't sincerely interested, since she already knew everyone here from Petra's stories about his adventures, but the young man looked like he was going to vibrate through the floors, he was shaking so much from nervousness. She supposed conversing with him was the nice thing to do. She gave him a small, friendly smile.

"If you want to tell me, that is."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 15 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

Percival

Percival returned the warm smile

"Oh, he bought me a few new pairs of clothes and some food once. I didn't think he considered me a friend though." He laughed "I'm just a common beggar after all, I'm not usually associated with the rich, so I'm pretty surprised I was even invited here. I thought he just pitied me."

He served himself a second helping of food and began nonchalantly filling his mouth with food. He swallowed

"Are you a resident of the mansion, or just another guest?"

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Feb 15 2014, 10:20 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 15 2014, 03:38 AM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

Boots sat quietly for once. His goblet was empty, and he regretted leaving his flask in his room. His head began to hurt already. The chatter of the others went in one ear and out the other while he massaged his temples.

He had little appetite, but helped himself to some expensive cuts of meat regardless. Might as well eat off of someone else's septim he figured.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 24 2014, 01:08 AM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

Selvia

Selvia shook her head at Percival's question. "Neither, actually."She shot a look at Belladonna, a slight grin on her face as the dark-haired woman gave her an unamused sneer.

"I snuck in, and she's angry about it. I wasn't even supposed to know about this party she's doing." She ran her fingers through her red hair and gingerly picked up a fork and stabbed a cut of meat. She slid her knife across it gracefully and cut it quickly, then popped a piece into her mouth.

"So, where do you think she hid the money?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 24 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #78

Master
Group Icon

Boots overheard the beggar and a red headed and beautiful woman speaking. He eavesdropped on their conversation and didn't even hide it.

He laughed aloud when he heard this woman had sneaked into the party. "You're a woman after my own heart," he remarked. He tried to take a swig of wine, forgetting his goblet was empty. He glared at it and set it down forcefully.

He reached over the table and switched his empty goblet with the beggar's half full one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 24 2014, 01:41 AM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

Selvia

Selvia turned her head to see the old and grey lizard speaking to her. She laughed loudly and traced the rim of her cup gently with the tip of her finger.

"I'm very, very good at sneaking. Sometimes you can't even hear me." She grinned at Boots. "I'm Selvia."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 24 2014, 01:52 AM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

"Is that so? I'm Boots," he replied around a mouth full of wine. He dabbed at the dribble on his chin. "So how are you involved with this little," he burped, "gathering?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:34 PM