Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Oct 13 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #4121

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 13 2019, 11:40 AM) *

I bought my hard drive yesterday and swapped it out. Going from 200 some gb to 2tb made plenty of room. I redownloaded ACO on the new drive last night. Again, it took about 14 hours. The game is 89 gig and change! Because it's on sale now, it also came with Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, and AC3: Liberation for free as well. So I am downloading them both now. That is only 35 gig.

If you are interested in the game, now is the time to buy it. 60% off Odyssey and AC3 for free. I bypassed Steam and bought it straight from Ubisoft. Even if you buy it off Steam, you still need the Ubisoft front end manager Uplay. I did not see the point in having 2 DRMs for a single game.

I remember when I bought my first PC late 1989. It came with a 60mb (yes, mb) hard drive. All my computer-literate friends, who made do with dual floppy drives, teased me for wasting so much money on something I'd never be able to fill. I also remember how exciting it was to see PC memory modules drop to only $100US for a one megabyte stick! And when, upon release of 2x speed PC CD drives, 1x CD drives dropped to only $300US (from $600US). The good old days.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Oct 13 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #4122

Master
Group Icon

I remember our first PC. 4 mb RAM, 128 MB hard drive. Mom paid a load to put 12 mb RAM in it and my ex husband put a 256 mb drive in it.

Was the first computer sold in town with a CD drive.

Price? Just over 3 grand.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Oct 21 2019, 12:25 PM
Post #4123

Master
Group Icon

Real time simulation RPG games; Might and Fealty, and Star Wars Combine.

Since I don't have much free time as I used to back in the day, these kinds of games are perfect for me at the moment

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 22 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #4124

Mouth
Group Icon

I've been having an itch lately to go back to TESII: Daggerfall and Fallout 3 lately. The former I'd have to download on this computer, and sadly I would not have my character that I played the game with before. Now that I've done the main quest, I'd just go mess around in a bunch of the kingdoms I haven't really gone to before (even if they all get pretty same-y after a while). For the latter game, the atmosphere and setting is starting to pull me back, and its been a while since I romped through post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C.

But my playtime has solely been devoted to Elder Scrolls Online the past couple of months. It probably will be for a while longer, but the pull of Daggerfall and FO3 may soon be too much to resist. The downside to all this is that I have other games I never played before that I either have only barely started or not at all. But I suppose that is a good problem to have.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2019, 05:41 PM
Post #4125

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 22 2019, 07:02 AM) *

I've been having an itch lately to go back to TESII: Daggerfall and Fallout 3 lately. The former I'd have to download on this computer, and sadly I would not have my character that I played the game with before. Now that I've done the main quest, I'd just go mess around in a bunch of the kingdoms I haven't really gone to before (even if they all get pretty same-y after a while). For the latter game, the atmosphere and setting is starting to pull me back, and its been a while since I romped through post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C.

But my playtime has solely been devoted to Elder Scrolls Online the past couple of months. It probably will be for a while longer, but the pull of Daggerfall and FO3 may soon be too much to resist. The downside to all this is that I have other games I never played before that I either have only barely started or not at all. But I suppose that is a good problem to have.

I played some Fallout 3 just last week. I love that game so much! It was just putting some places on my map; going through the northwest area of the Wasteland = it is so beautiful at night; and you really feel like you are totally alone out in the far off places like that (until some Mole Rat or Mirelurk charges you, lol). It is one of the absolute best games Bethesda ever produced imho.

What kept happening while playing was that whenever I wanted to look at my map I instinctively clicked on the "M" (and kept clicking on the "I" to look at my inventory too, lol).

But despite that; it was an Awesome nostalgic night of gaming = and I actually did stay up all night playing it, too; lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 22 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #4126

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah, Fallout 3 is a bundle of joy. If I go without Gunny and the radio turned off, the sense of being alone in a dangerous wasteland really hits me.

Too bad it's too much fun listening to 3-Dog whilst running around and picking fights with everything that moves biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Oct 22 2019, 05:45 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 22 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #4127

Councilor
Group Icon

I keep going back to Diablo 1 (or rather Belzebub, the remake for modern hardware) to make sure I have the right vibe in my Skyrim mod.

It has probably made me add too many enemies, as the Belzebub mobs really do swarm you to death!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Oct 22 2019, 08:25 PM
Post #4128

Master
Group Icon

I started a new Skyrim playthrough with Lucien and Kaidan. This could be interesting.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 23 2019, 02:34 AM
Post #4129

Master
Group Icon

Still mainly play Transport Fever, despite the game becoming something of a stutter-fest about the time Win10 updated itself to v1903. An irony is that I can now film several train routes not scenically ready prior to the onset of stutter.

More irony, I spent almost the entire waking day preparing two new TpF Scenic Excursions episodes. Or rather one excursion split between two episodes. Not due to length of journey per se. The route's not that long. I've 'filmed' longer journeys without a split. Thing is, YouTube compression rendered episode 26 pretty much unwatchable. Am gonna try to lessen compression degradation by splitting the ride between two relatively short episodes, reducing upload file size. Plus apply a 'trick' I learned of a while back but never experimented with...until now. I don't expect much to come of it. Whatever the results, it surely can't be worse than ep26. (Famous last words?)

Even should everything be ready tomorrow evening I'll not upload until Friday or Saturday night. Learned my lesson with ep27. Posted it mid-week. It didn't receive as many views as episodes posted at the start of a weekend.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 08:45 AM
Post #4130

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 22 2019, 12:45 PM) *

Yeah, Fallout 3 is a bundle of joy. If I go without Gunny and the radio turned off, the sense of being alone in a dangerous wasteland really hits me.

Too bad it's too much fun listening to 3-Dog whilst running around and picking fights with everything that moves biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Oct 25 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #4131

Master
Group Icon

Trying to get into Fortnite on the Switch...it's growing on me.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 26 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #4132

Master
Group Icon

Another Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode, rather half-episode, is online ready for viewing. We revisit the Passenger Service ridden ep14...which I refer to as a 'blasphemy' episode as track-side scenery between Eastleigh and Morley was at that time totally absent. That's no longer the case. More info can be found reading the video's YouTube description.

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 28a - Morley-Sittingbourne Commuter Service, Part 1

While this video’s footage is captured at 1080p, 60fps, it was rendered and uploaded at 1440p, as I understand YT compression is less harsh with motion footage at the higher resolution. Here’s my dilemma. My monitor is 1080p. Worse, my internet connection is too slow for 1440p playback. It’s three seconds motion, lengthy buffering pause, three seconds motion, lengthy pause, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. I need feedback. How does the video look at 1440p, especially but not confined to those with a 1440p (or better) monitor? How is it at 1080p? Does it seem visually improved over past episodes, especially those like ep26, which YT compression hit pretty harshly, imo. At any rate, feedback is appreciated, either here or in the video's comment section (or both).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 27 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #4133

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Plants vs Zombies again! tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Oct 28 2019, 02:11 AM
Post #4134

Mouth
Group Icon

Played through The Outer Worlds yesterday, and very much enjoyed it. Feels kind of like a cross between Fallout and Mass Effect, back when Bethesda and Bioware still had the ability to make solid games.

Decently written dialogue, interesting world-building, fun characters - including an asexual character with a romance story arc that was actually very well-written and made me feel all gooey and happy inside. The main story is actually interesting enough to have kept my attention all the way through, with plenty of options open to the player which will change the outcome of individual quests and the ending of the game as a whole.

The only major downsides to this game are the lack of customisation (most weapons and armour sets look almost identical) and fewer side-quests than I would like. Still plenty to do of course, but you will probably have everything wrapped up in about 18-20 hours, with little else to do outside of questing.

Overall, about what you'd expect from the good folks who brought us Fallout New Vegas. Not a bad start to what could be a great new franchise of single player RPGs.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 28 2019, 04:30 PM
Post #4135

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Oct 27 2019, 09:11 PM) *

Played through The Outer Worlds yesterday, and very much enjoyed it. Feels kind of like a cross between Fallout and Mass Effect, back when Bethesda and Bioware still had the ability to make solid games.

Decently written dialogue, interesting world-building, fun characters - including an asexual character with a romance story arc that was actually very well-written and made me feel all gooey and happy inside. The main story is actually interesting enough to have kept my attention all the way through, with plenty of options open to the player which will change the outcome of individual quests and the ending of the game as a whole.

The only major downsides to this game are the lack of customisation (most weapons and armour sets look almost identical) and fewer side-quests than I would like. Still plenty to do of course, but you will probably have everything wrapped up in about 18-20 hours, with little else to do outside of questing.

Overall, about what you'd expect from the good folks who brought us Fallout New Vegas. Not a bad start to what could be a great new franchise of single player RPGs.

Did you have to buy it through the Epic Store? I have heard so many bad things about that, I am not willing to buy the game through it.

In other news I decided to stick a fork in January's Morroblivion game, and move on. I played a little bit of her in Skyrim to get a feel for her there. I bypassed the main quest since I do not like it much. Instead I started her at The Throat of the World, at the tear in reality. It seemed like a good place for her to shift through time and dimensions to reach Skyland. Walking down the mountain and bypassing the windy areas was no problem. The Ice Wraiths were real trouble, but she killed them both. The Frost Troll was unbeatable. So she had to run away from it down the mountain. The first thing she did was meet Klimmek, and agree to take the supplies back up the mountain to the Greybeards.

Then I also spent some time with January in Oblivion. I think I will do the main quest in this game, because I don't hate it. I went through the tutorial dungeon and then the obligatory run around the city looting every crate and barrel. I found 18 repair hammers that way, in addition to the 2 from the tutorial dungeon (I think there 2 in there). The crew of the Marie Elena yelled at her every time she took stuff form the containers near their ship. Even though I did not get the red hand of ownership on them. It did show up in my stats as two instances of theft. But they never attacked, and I did not get a bounty for it.

Anyway, I had a lot more fun with Oblivion, so I am going to stick with that game for now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Oct 29 2019, 02:49 AM
Post #4136

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 28 2019, 03:30 PM) *

Did you have to buy it through the Epic Store? I have heard so many bad things about that, I am not willing to buy the game through it.

Yep, had no problems with it so far. I believe the game is also available through the Microsoft Store for those with Windows 10, though I've not used that service before and can't say how good it is.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 29 2019, 03:44 AM
Post #4137

Ancient
Group Icon

I’m waiting for The Outer Worlds to be released on Steam or GoG. I just don’t trust Epic Games Store, no matter what their “owner” might say. By then it should have lots of patches and maybe a DLC or two to make the experience better.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 30 2019, 09:52 PM
Post #4138

Master
Group Icon

I have the hardest time checking text narrative for TpF Scenic Excursions episodes! I've had one I hope to publish this coming Saturday morning ready since last week. Only, I'm not convinced its text passes muster. Problem is, I find train rides so relaxing I tend to fall asleep within a short time. Don't wake up until the vid's almost over. If I don't fall asleep, it's because I'm so engrossed in the ride I totally forget I'm supposed to be checking text. Either way, it doesn't get done.

Otherwise, I've spent most of my gaming time this week with modded Daggerfall Unity.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 31 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #4139

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 28 2019, 10:44 PM) *

I’m waiting for The Outer Worlds to be released on Steam or GoG. I just don’t trust Epic Games Store, no matter what their “owner” might say. By then it should have lots of patches and maybe a DLC or two to make the experience better.

Same here. But only because I do not like the idea of downloading it off the Pirate Bay. Since that would be illegal after all. And no one should ever do that, especially without using a VPN to hide their IP.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 1 2019, 03:42 AM
Post #4140

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 30 2019, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 28 2019, 10:44 PM) *

Same here. But only because I do not like the idea of downloading it off the Pirate Bay. Since that would be illegal after all. And no one should ever do that, especially without using a VPN to hide their IP.

Frankly I feel that game companies that participate in timed exclusives on questionable platforms deserve to get their games pirated. This includes those idiots that decided MechWarrior5 will be an Epic Store one year exclusive. dry.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 205 206 207 208 209 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:12 AM