Never [ 10 ] ** [29.41%]
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
Acadian
post Oct 9 2013, 01:40 AM
Post #21

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm not in a hurry, so I make full saves instead of using the quick save.

I tend to play sessions that are not that long (less than half an hour) but frequent, so saving during a session is not a big deal to me. Typically 1-3 saves during a typical session, including saving upon exit of course. I do use a pretty robust system to archive saves (backed up on a data stick) that are designed to allow me to progressively work back through the last three sessions, last week, last quarter etc.

Renee, that is a neat idea of saving during an action sequence!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 9 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #22

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 9 2013, 12:54 AM) *

While we're on the subject of saving, let me ask: when do you guys & gals choose to save? Is there an exact moment?

I actually wasnīt kidding, I usually save about every four-five minutes regardless of what Iīm doing. Those saves gets deleted by and by as I make new saves. Every now and then I also make a permanent save which usually is a nice piece of scenery or something. That way when I scroll down my save list itīs like looking through my characterīs personal photo album smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 9 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

I use it always, and I save very often. I also use hard saves but I make them before exiting the game or sometimes in between, if I had a long session. I don't have a single bad remark regarding Quicksaves, but I heard that there were some problems related to it.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Oct 9 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

I've never used a quicksave, but I may try now. Never really knew what it was and somehow thought that it was something less than a regular save.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 10 2013, 10:28 AM
Post #25

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Oct 9 2013, 10:51 PM) *

I've never used a quicksave, but I may try now. Never really knew what it was and somehow thought that it was something less than a regular save.

Well it is something less than a regular save, hence the quickness biggrin.gif I havenīt read up on it recently but a quicksave doesnīt contain all the data a regular/hard save does.
The only time there could be a problem with them as far as I understand it, is when you get crashes n stuff. Usually there isnīt a problem using quicksaves but itīs a good thing to once in awhile back it up with a hard save that is more reliable smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 10 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 9 2013, 03:42 AM) *

I actually wasnīt kidding, I usually save about every four-five minutes regardless of what Iīm doing. Those saves gets deleted by and by as I make new saves. Every now and then I also make a permanent save which usually is a nice piece of scenery or something. That way when I scroll down my save list itīs like looking through my characterīs personal photo album smile.gif

Yes this is true; as I look at the list of saves for a particular character, it is like looking through a photo album. I usually overwrite the common saves (Kahreem opening the door to his hotel room, for instance) but keep the more important/epic saves, like Kahreem opening the door into the Countess's bedroom, just before he finally steals Ahdarji's fabled ring.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 10 2013, 03:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:03 AM