Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #521

Ancient
Group Icon

From the journal of Hrafngoelir

Well Ma, you always told me to write things down in a journal, just like you do. I know you always wanted me to be an alchemist, like you. When Shor's bones thaw in Sovengarde! But here I am anyway, writing in this empty book I bought from the trader. I wonder if you are still back in Dawnstar, picking snowberries off the mountainsides? And nagging Pa to wash up before dinner. As if a blacksmith can ever get clean. If you did not like soot, why did you tie Mara's knot with him?

Anyway, why am I writing this Ma? So much has happened, in the last few days. So many impossible things. Maybe I just want to convince myself it is all true, and I did not just dream it all. It still seems like a nightmare, dragons, the Empire trying to kill me, it is like Nirn has turned upside down.

It all started, when? I have no idea what day it was. I was finally returning home, after so many days in the Imperial army. So many years of fighting those Cyrod's wars, and for what? So that damned Emperor of theirs could betray us, betray Talos? What did we spill out blood for?

Ah, but that is just the tip of the horker. While crossing the mountains, I walked into something. I do not know what. There was a line of wagons carrying men. I thought it was a caravan at first, so I went to greet them. I was hoping they might have some mead or ale to trade. I have been living on melted snow and rabbits for days. The next thing I knew there was an arrow in my leg, then the pommel of an Imperial sword made a home against my head.

When I awoke, well, I was in the caravan. Only it was not a caravan at all, but a train of prisoners. The Jarl of Windhelm himself sat beside me! I remember him from the war. He fought with the rest of us Nords who had taken up the axe and sword to defend the Empire from the cursed elves. Now this is how the Empire treats us in return? This is our reward for faithful service? First they take our gods from us, then our lives?

For we were bound for the headsman's axe, in the Imperial castle at Helgen. They could care less that my name was not on their filthy list, or that I was a veteran of the Great War. All they wanted was Nordic heads on the field.

They would have had them too, if not the for the dragon. Yes, I wrote that, the dragon. I saw him as they laid my own head on the block. It was black as ebony, and turned the sky the same color with but a word. Thunder and fire rained down as it spoke, and men died all around. Nothing could harm it, not steel nor spell, and it took its time knocking over the castle as if it were one of those houses of cards Da would make at the dinner table.

The rest was confusing. More confusing then any battle. I was able to escape along with a Stormcloak named Ralof. He had sat across from me in the wagon. I like him Ma. He is not all full of bluster like most Nord men, who try to hide their fears and doubts behind false bravado. He has nothing to prove to anyone. He is just himself. A good Nord man who fought his way through the Imperials with me, as we made our escape from man and dragon. I wonder if he has tied Mara's knot? He spoke of a girl he knew in Helgen named Vilod. But only the ravens live in Helgen now...

The rest seems to trivial. We made tracks from there fast. If any of the Imperials escaped, we had to put miles between us and them. As well as from the rest likely to come when they saw the smoke. It filled the sky like a harbinger of doom. We made our way to a village where his sister lives, and hid with her for the night.

Ralof told me about the rebellion, about how Ulfric challenged the High King in the old way and slew him in personal combat. That the Empire wanted him dead, because he will not bow down to the elves, and betray our good Talos. I cannot believe so much has happened since I was away. Ralof says I should go to Windhelm with him, and join the fight. I think I should.

But it has been so long, and so much has happened, I wonder if I am home at all. I think I will be coming to see you soon instead Ma. First at least. You warned me about going away to fight for the Empire, but I would not listen. Now I see what a mistake it was. You were always so much smarter then Da and me. Like he always says, I got your looks, but his thick head. Maybe you will know what I should do.

-Hrafn, somewhere in southern Skyrim.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 12 2012, 07:48 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Mar 10 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #522

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 10 2012, 11:38 AM) *

The next thing I knew there was an arrow in my leg

Not the knee! *giggles*

He spoke of a girl he knew in Helgen named Vilod.

You know, there is a Vilod in the prologue. It the guy who yells out 'Justice!' when the first guy gets chopped and briefly when your running by the south gate. Turn on subtitles.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #523

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool story, SubRosa. Perfectly captures the mood of "the prisoner" who isn't sure why he (she?) is a prisoner. It almost reads like one of those in-game journals we find hidden throughout the game.

Speaking of journals. Crystal Beth has taken up a hobby none of my previous characters (Oblivion or Skyrim) have ever attempted.

Like many literate, intelligent sorts, she's a reader. Books were once plentiful in Cyrodiil but finding a complete set of a series of books has become more and more difficult as the Empire has fallen.

Beth has been in the habit of trying to actually complete each series of books that she finds. She has just located the first 3 books of The Real Barenziah, for instance. Her rule? She doesn't want to start reading ANY book that appears in a series until she's got Volume 1. smile.gif

Dyan phor a'Cauz (my paladin) was my most prolific reader in Oblivion. Her habit was to read a book as she sat in chapel, and then toss that book onto the chapel's altar. She tossed books, jewels, clothes, (etc) onto the altars as a way of tithing. But she never collected books to create her own library. That's what Beth seems to be liking to do.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 11 2012, 02:42 AM
Post #524

Mouth
Group Icon

Crystal Beth has just hired Belrand, a Nordic fighter. He also claims to know a few things about magic. PERFECT. Beth has just been assigned a couple tasks around Solitude: the destroying a a Necromancer's lair and also some sort of vampire dungeon.

There's always the possibility this means advanced magics are going to be encountered, and sometimes Beth struggles to fight against foes (especially multiple foes) as it is.

Beth is very happy, right now, though she doesn't show it. She's hapy to have a partner. She didn't know how lonely she was until meeting Belrand. He tells little jokes, and seems an elder veteran-sort. Beth is now decking him out, buying him armor pieces and a shield.

EDIT: Wow. So Beth has her new friend all ready to go. She gets outside in the Solitude street area and decides she's gonna go back in The Skeever's Hide or whatever it's called. She tells Belrand to "wait" outside. She thinks she just saw the lizardman who tried to get her to cause a shipwreck sitting inside the tavern. She's going to try to cause make this lizardman PAY for his planning of a crime, passive/aggressively.

She goes back in and takes a position on the far end of the bar. The Skeever is packed with patrons. She throws a Fury spell at whom she thinks is the lizardman and scores an immediate hit! She figures he's gonna now take up arms with everyone in the bar, and be slain, and this way Beth won't have to be accused of murder.

Well, he's slain alright! Problem is, Beth hit the wrong man. blink.gif Oops. The guy she hit is a regular Nord. Damn.

She sees the lizardman and this time makes sure she's got him in her sights. She fires several Furies until she finally scores a hit. Nothing happens. She scores another hit. nothing.

Could this ARgonian be immune to such magics? Apparently so. Beth decides she's gonna need to make another plan.

She goes outside and ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE out there. Belrand is in a full-scale battle with a couple of town guards! Wha?? Beth tries to get him to follow her, but he's in the midst of fighting and doesn't listen. compassion!

Eventually, Beth needs to get involved. She invested 500 gold in this guy, and needs him to stay alive. So she starts attacking the guards! Throwing fire at them. Two guards are killed. Beth and Belrand now run outside the town gates, where the fight continues with 3 more guards.

Eventually, a more diplomatic guard walks calmly up to Beth and offers her jail time. Beth accepts this, and is currently in jail. sad.gif Well the good news: at least she knows Belrand can fight! Not jsut fight, but heal himself up and cast a few spells as well.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 11 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #525

Ancient
Group Icon

These are the situations where I reload a previous save. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 11 2012, 04:26 AM
Post #526

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 10 2012, 09:10 PM) *

These are the situations where I reload a previous save. biggrin.gif

Yea, I was tempted to. But it all kinda fit in a roleplay sense. She's the outsider elf at the moment, plus I sometimes like moments like this that are spontaneous, and I dont' know how they're gonna turn out.

But I have (in the past) just loaded up a previous save, especially if all that chaos was completely unintended.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 11 2012, 05:48 AM
Post #527

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, Hrafn has a journal!! biggrin.gif *sends plenty of quills and ink to Hrafn*

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 10 2012, 08:42 PM) *

She goes outside and ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE out there. Belrand is in a full-scale battle with a couple of town guards! Wha??

laugh.gif Belrand is a star. He had Beth’s back and he wasn’t even in the same building! I wonder if she’ll have to hire him again when she gets out of prison. I have to say I haven’t encountered this situation yet. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 11 2012, 05:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 11 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #528

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 11 2012, 12:48 AM) *

laugh.gif Belrand is a star. He had Beth’s back and he wasn’t even in the same building! I wonder if she’ll have to hire him again when she gets out of prison. I have to say I haven’t encountered this situation yet. blink.gif

No, she didn't have to re-hire him. He appeared next to Beth just after she got done her jail sentence.

Beth & Belrand make a great team in the dungeons, too. They went thru Pinemoon and Wolfskull Caves. Having Belrand around is great, but Beth sometimes has to tell him to "wait" behind, while she goes off exploring. He's a multi-talented fellow, but a little too unpolished when it comes to dungeon-diving. If things get to difficult (and they did a couple times), she can always run back to where Belrand is waiting for some extra help.

She wound up finding some sort of enchanted dwarven axe. I think it does ice-damage. Belrand loves this! She wound up giving it to him, you see.

Right now, Crystal Beth is on her way back to Whiterun, more or less. She needs to return the book she was required to find for the Orc, as well as another item, a fragment of some sort (2 seperate quests) to the College. Belrand is staying behind in Solitude. Despite Beth's troubles in Solitude, she much prefers this town over Whiterun. There's a lot more mystery and adventure in Solitude, I guess.

I've already decided Beth is probably not gonna finish the MAge's Guild questline, now that I know how short it is. I much prefer her as an Associate, or whatever her title is now. Some other character (probably a Gandalfy-type) will eventually become Arch Mage. Beth is more of a rogue-wizard.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 11 2012, 09:30 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 12 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #529

Ancient
Group Icon

From the journal of Hrafngoelir:

Here I am again Ma. Ralof's sister asked me to go to Whiterun, to tell the Jarl about the dragon. I'd sooner kiss a horker, but she was a good host, offering me a place to stay after Ralof and I escaped from Helgen. Not that I spent the night there. I went to the inn. There was only one bed, and she and her husband shared it. If there had been another bed, then perhaps Ralof would have…

Ma, how did you know Da was the one to tie Mara's knot with? Oh never mind. There are more important things to write with this damned goose feather.

I spent a day working with the smith, helping him in the forge. Da's lessons showed, and he was impressed with what I knew about iron and steel. His wife was less then pleased however, and I don't think I've ever seen a woman so glad to see my feet take me the other way when I left town next morning.

Ralof was already on his way to Windhelm. He said that the Imperials wouldn't be looking for me. My name was not on their list, and no one was left alive who would know me. That was why I was the one to go to Whietrun. I wonder if I made the right decision, not going with him? Will I ever see him again? Or will I forever wonder what happened to that man?

Whiterun. Yes. It was a long walk north between the mountains, with only the wolves for company. But they kept their distance, and I respected their territory, so we got along just fine. On the other side of the mountains things changed. Lots of farms and even a meadery. I've never seen so many bees in my life! I was tempted to stop in for a drop, but I just wanted to get things over with, and be on my way home.

So up to the city I went. It's the only mound on the whole damn tundra. I swear Ma, I don't know how people can live there. The land is just flat and empty in all directions, and the wind never stops. No trees, no mountains, no ocean. The city itself is like big mammoth turd rising up on the plain.

The Jarl talked to me, after one of his damned huscarls drew steel against me. I thought I was going to have to kill her there in the hall, and had my axe and shield in hand. But cooler heads prevailed, and I made my report of the dragon to the bag of wind. When I told him that the Imperials tried to give me a shave, he called me a criminal, and said he did not care who the Imperials decided to execute. How can a man like that lead our people? How can a true Nord look the other way when the Empire spills the blood of the sons and daughters of Skyrim?

Well, I was hoping to get myself out of there, but the damned blowhard dragged his court wizard into the mess, and the next thing I knew I was being sent on an official mission for the Hold. Finding some silly magic stone in one of the old barrows. I just nodded and said "aye". Then once I get out of the city I headed straight north for home.

The roads are a less friendly place then they were when I left Ma. The first people I met were smugglers, who decided that my armor would look better in their loot chest. I disagreed, and my axe settled the matter. Later that same day I came upon a hunter camp, and the next thing I knew they were attacking me. It was more outlaws. I did Whiterun Hold a service by adding their bones to those of the mammoth in their courtyard.

So there I was, loaded down with loot from all these unsavory fellows. Well, I headed back south to Whiterun to sell it all off. It will not hurt to come home with some gold in my pockets after all. So once I was done and out the gate, well, I looked over the mountains in the south and sighed. I could see the barrow from the plain…

Well I am not proud of plundering a tomb of our ancestors. But I did it, and found that blasted stone. I should have stuffed it down that wizard's throat and choked the arrogant ponce with it. But your blood won out over Da's, and I just gave the weakling the silly rock, and was on my way. Now I'm on my way back north across the tundra. The mountains are in front of me, and nothing is going to get in my way this time.

-Hrafn, north of Whiterun.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 13 2012, 04:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 12 2012, 01:25 AM
Post #530

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm loving the journal-style you're writing in. That does it. My next character is also gonna be written in a similar style. That compassion is too good.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 12 2012, 01:46 AM
Post #531

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 11 2012, 07:02 PM) *

The city itself is like big mammoth turd rising up on the plain.

rollinglaugh.gif I like this woman. And to think just today I was marveling at the mammoth turd bathed in evening light. laugh.gif

Here's an update from Jensa: smile.gif

It took some doing, but Stenvar and I finally made it to Riften. We camped outside the walls and upwind from the fishery. Damn, that town stinks.

We both had business to deal with, so we agreed to meet back at camp. I strolled in around sundown halfway lit from my critical mead tasting mission. Those Black-Briars may be shady, but they know their brew. Stenvar was already there cooking our meal. He gave me the look that means I should pay attention.

“I told the priest of Mara that we want to get married,” he said. “They’re making all of the arrangements. Tomorrow, Jensa. Or you can still change your mind.”

I had a lot of worries, like what kind of dress should I wear, and are we supposed to give gifts to people who come to the wedding, and is there going to be food and ale, and what if a dragon attacks the guests, and I don’t know what I’m supposed to say because we don’t have temple weddings in the high passes. But that’s not what came out of my mouth.

“What if I can’t stay faithful?” I asked him. “I mean, I haven’t slept with at least half of the Stormcloak army. That’s a lot left undone, even if you take out most of the women.”

“Uh,” said Stenvar, and then he saw that I was jesting. Sort of. “I believe in you, kid.” And he gave me that smile.

Then I believed in me, too. And all at once I knew why I could never stay with a man before, even when there was not a single thing wrong with him. None of them was Stenvar.

On our wedding day I wore my soft blue dress that makes me feel pretty, and Stenvar wore the armor he had on that day in Windhelm. I couldn’t believe how many folk came all the way to Mara’s Temple to wish us well.

The ceremony was a blur, I hardly remember any of it. Just Stenvar holding my hand and putting his ring on my finger, and how he smiled when he said, “Now and forever.”

Then there was a feast, and Black-Briar mead, and a fair number of fights that for once I was not a part of. When we got back to camp, we found some of my Shield-Brothers ready to stand watch. I pity the bear or bandit that tried to make trouble that night. I have no idea if any did. Stenvar kept me busy.

I was nearly asleep when I remembered. It made me pop up out of the furs like a prairie rabbit. “Stenvar, I never met your Ma!”

“I’ll take you to see her in the morning. She’s not going anywhere.” My sweet man was just about asleep himself.

I gave him a little punch in the gut to wake him. “What the fetch, Stenvar!”

He cracked an eye open. “She’s in the Hall of the Dead, love. In a stone box. Didn’t I tell you?”

I just stared for a moment, then I lay back down and he wrapped his arms around me. There’s a lot that I don’t know about my husband. But I know we said the important things today. You and me. Now and forever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 12 2012, 03:06 AM
Post #532

Ancient
Group Icon

I was about to quote another line, until I saw this gem:
“I mean, I haven’t slept with at least half of the Stormcloak army. That’s a lot left undone, even if you take out most of the women.”
biggrin.gif Got to love Jensa. Reading these journal entries of hers is always fun.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 12 2012, 11:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 12 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #533

Councilor
Group Icon

Awwww!! biggrin.gif ...

I love the whole Jensa/Stenvar thing...So sweet!!... biggrin.gif ...

That was just the sweetest journal entry ever...That bit at the end with "She ain't going anywhere."...Brilliant...

And that goes for you Subrosa too...Brilliant stuff...Loving it... biggrin.gif ...

EDIT...I'm currently exploring The Kingdom of Amalur so not able to contribute at the mo biggrin.gif , but the wife's character Nimuvaine found some creepy glowing ball dude in the middens of the College of Winterhold, and then went off and explored the dwemer ruin of Mzulft...Which is where she is now...

Does that count?... tongue.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 12 2012, 06:56 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 12 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #534

Ancient
Group Icon

It has been fun writing Hrafn's journal. I do not usually do first person, so it is a little stretch for me.

I had a few more run-ins with bandits Ma. I cannot believe what has happened to Skyrim. It used to be safe to travel. Now it feels like I am in one of those damned Cyrods' arenas whenever I set foot outside a city. Where are all the guards? I've not seen one on the road since I returned. I suppose they are all too busy fighting in the war. Now the rest of the countryside has gone to Oblivion in a handbasket while they're gone.

Well, I am back in Dawnstar. I can smell the smoke from the hearths now. I cannot wait to see your and Da's face.

I came home. But home is not here anymore. Where are you Ma? Where is Da? I found a stranger working the forge, and Redguard woman living in our home. They say the place was empty when they bought it, two years ago.

I went to Frida. She told me about what happened to Da. I don't know what to say, or what to think. I just cannot believe he is gone. I keep thinking, that while I was away playing soldier in Cyrodiil, he was dying in his bed, a sick old man. What was I thinking?

Now you are gone too. Vanished Frida said. She said she was not surprised. She said you were like a ghost in the old house. She says you probably went off to one of the big cities become a priestess. She would not say it, but I can tell she does not believe that. She thinks you are dead. Killed by a frost troll, or gods know what on the mountains. Or worse, by your own hand…

Why didn't you tell me? Write me a letter? Or leave me something so I would know where you were? Where are you Ma? Will I find your bones, frozen on a mountain, or under the sea? Or do you wear a yellow cloak now after all?

Why didn't you tell me?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 12 2012, 07:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 13 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #535

Councilor
Group Icon

Poor Hrafn! sad.gif

Happy hunting to Nimuvaine! I hope she has a big backpack. smile.gif

I have an angry elf telling me to quit fooling around in Skyrim and get on with the story. But I think I can sneak this page from Jensa in behind her back. tongue.gif

My first morning as a married woman I woke up with Farkas kicking me in the foot. He said they were heading back to Jorrvaskr. I guessed that meant the honeymoon was over. Then Stenvar proved me wrong.

We got some kahve beans as a wedding present, so Stenvar crushed some while I went to the creek. I found a stack of fresh hides down there, and the ravens showed me where my Shield-Brothers must have dragged the bodies. Seems like they had a busy night, too.

Back at camp I fried some sausage and eggs, and Stenvar unveiled some sweet rolls. We sat watching the mist fade back into the hollows as the sun got high. We also saw a troll battling some spiders. It was a pretty even match. When it was over I took down the troll with one arrow. I didn’t even need to put on my boots.

After a while Stenvar said, “Where should we live?”

I hadn’t really considered that. We mostly live out of packs. I still take contracts for the Companions, but I can’t see Stenvar at Jorrvaskr. So I said, “How about Windhelm?”

He agreed, and that’s where we went. After we brought some flowers to his Ma, of course. Stenvar took the time to put a shine on her axe, and I left her a bottle of mead.

We stopped in Whiterun first so I could move out of Jorrvaskr. No one gave me a hard time about it. We’ve been through a lot. They know I’m still their sister, no matter where I store my alchemy ingredients. I had more stuff than I remembered. Stenvar and I packed it all up and took the carriage to Windhelm.

It was late when we got there. Stenvar took us to Candlehearth Hall. I thought he just wanted some ale and a meal, until he showed me the chest where they let him keep his stuff. “It isn’t much, just a rented room,” he said, kind of ruefully.

I thought that was a silly thing to be sorry over, but the way I said it sounded nicer. “And anyway, I meant for us to live at my house,” I finished up. “If that’s all right with you.”

“You have a house? In Windhelm?”

“Yeah.” Now it was my turn to be embarrassed. “Jarl Ulfric had a hand in it after the war. I guess I didn’t draw my pay the whole time, and he wanted his Thanes to own property in the city. So it was kind of a swap. I’ve never lived there, though. I’d had enough of Ulfric’s politics by then. Truth be told, I kind of forgot about it.”

Stenvar’s face showed that he’d just had a few surprises, but he didn’t say anything. Until we got to the house. “You own Hjerim?”

I still could hardly believe it myself. That place is bigger than my clan’s winter caves, and it smells a lot better. “I don’t know how a person can really own a house like this,” I said. “I mean, the folk who built it are gone to dust, and it will stand long after we’re dried up corpses. It’s like owning land. You just get the privilege of living there for a while.” Then I thought about Hjerim’s previous occupant. “You’re not afraid of ghosts, are you?”

Stenvar just scooped me up in his arms, kicked open the door, and stepped in out of the snow.

Calder met us with steel in hand. I had to talk fast before Stenvar dropped me on my backside and killed him in his tracks. It turned out I didn’t need to make introductions.

“Calder,” said Stenvar, kind of tense.

Calder’s face went through some contortions before he got his jaw unclenched. “Stenvar.”

So my husband already knows my Housecarl, and they don’t get along. Perfect.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 13 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #536

Ancient
Group Icon

I love reading Jensa's adventures. You do the macho tough girl very well, because she does not come across as annoying or being overcompensating, as such characters tend to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 13 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #537

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 12 2012, 08:50 PM) *

I love reading Jensa's adventures. ....

Me too. I like reading Hrafngoelir's, too.

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 17 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #538

Councilor
Group Icon

I been Markarth-ing it these last couple of days...And the thing that inspired me most was the Jarl Favour-Quest...So this is slightly spoiler-ish but not really...It's also linked to my story, so it may confuse...Well...It's me...So it will confuse... biggrin.gif ...

But it's all writing so it's all good... laugh.gif ...

Caerellin dropped to a sneak as soon as he entered Blind Cliff Bastion. The Bosmer Knight of The Nine had no idea who Blind Cliff happened to be, but as he had a cave, some towers and a bastion to his name his apparent blindness seemed somehow neither here nor there.

Creeping up the stairs that lay a short way beyond the entrance, Caerellin stopped. He peered through an open door, life detect showing one strong life-sign in a corner currently hidden by the door. He heard sniffing and then a voice shouted.

“Fresh meat! Come to laugh at poor Melka have you?”

Caerellin cast the night-eye and the abated gloom revealed a cage, in which a Hagraven stood, peering out between the bars, hands gripping the metal.

“Oooh, hello pretty.” The Bosmer grinned.

“Pah! A Fleshling. A Pretty fresh-fleshling. Do your worst then.” The Hagraven sighed and looked out with slumped shoulders.

Caerellin frowned and walked up towards the cage.

“Do you fleshings not all flee-fire and flay us?..Well,” the hag wrinkled her nose with vicious amusement, “try to anynows.”

“I’m wondering why you haven’t shot me yet.” The Bosmer said.

The Hagraven seemed offended by this. “We are not all savages. You did not use fire me. I will not...Feast on you.”

“Comforting. How did you get in there anyway?”

“Evil sister.” The Hag spat. “Evil Petra locked me in here. Took my pretty tower. You like my pretty tower? It has many pretties here. Many trinkets-baubles. You like to see my pretty baubles, pretty fleshling?”

Caerellin had a wince-inducing vision, paused as he fought his stomach and then answered. “Maybe later. I came here looking for a special shield of the Jarl’s, do you know anything about it?”

“Oooh, the Highmighty Doesnotowntheland. PAH! His other fleshlings were not so...Nice.” She flashed her teeth. “I know of the tray you seek. Is with my other pretties. You help me out. Help Melka get to her evil sister,” Melka said between clenched teeth, then, “I give you tray and treasure to carry upon it. What say you pretty, so pretty fleshling?”

“On two conditions.”

“Pah!” Melka said then turned away and walked to the back of the cage. She stood leaning against the bars, her eyes glowing faintly. “Name them Knightling.”

Caerellin frowned. “One, my name is Caerellin, call me that...Please. And two, try to fire or flay me and I will get very, very angry.” He walked towards the front of the cage and pressed his face between the bars. “And this tower will rot away with you. Understand?”

The Hagraven nodded.

“You called me Knightling. Why?”

“Melka can see. Can smell.” She shuffled slowly forward. Then she sniffed. “We know of you. The NineKnights.” She nodded and slowly put her hand up. Caerellin watched it carefully. Melka touched his head and gasped. “You are a child of Derwydd? Melka would never dare...”

The Hag bowed to Caerellin and then said, “Help Melka sire? Please?”

“Sire?” The Bosmer frowned and laughed. “Nah, Caerellin will do.”

The Knight turned and pulled a nearby chain which lifted the door to the cage.

Melka shuffled forward and put her clawed hand to Caerellin’s arm. “You are be-destined.” She said, “When the one who does not belong has gone to the Mistake, you will be the one to lead. Time is wrong, and the time will come.”

“Riiiight.” Said Caerellin.

“Let’s go kill my sister!” Said the Hagraven with a smile.

--------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 17 2012, 12:18 PM
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 17 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #539

Master
Group Icon

Ahh, that quest. When I encountered that ... creature, I was unpleasantly suprised. The way she called Celdryn 'nibbling', I found ironic. When all was said and done, sneak attack for 30.00.x damage! What can I say, she freaked me out.

And you got me. I'm preeeeeeeettttyyyyyy confused about her dialogue. Speaks like Yoda on Happy-Happy Skoom-Argh, she does.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 17 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #540

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah yes, confusing her dialogue may be...But I thought it a decent stab at it... biggrin.gif ...No, it's not entirely what she says on the game, but I'd forgotten much of it before I came to do that... tongue.gif ...

I was so surprised by Melka, I thought her one of my fave characters I've ever encountered on the game!... biggrin.gif ...I liked her so much... laugh.gif ...Not marrying like, but like nevertheless...It was a joy fighting with her...She made the wife and I laugh as I went through the tower... laugh.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 17 2012, 07:36 PM
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:50 AM