Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The card killer
Lopov
post Sep 8 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 7 2017, 10:52 PM) *

The Card Killer did not leave a card because Ben Canning is not a woman, and he did not have sex with Ben first. The CK is a serial killer, and seducing and killing women is his M.O. Any killing outside of that is incidental, not part of who and what he is. Hence no card.

Exactly. This is the only reason why the card wasn't left at Ben's corpse.

@TheCheshireKhajiit - indeed, Ben didn't deserve a card.

@Acadian - the card killer didn't intend to kill Ben Canning at first and because I encountered this NPC for the first time, I didn't know what he was going to say. But in the end our antihero couldn't refuse such an offer.

@SubRosa - I agree, Ben Canning could also be driver over by floozy Janet on her motorcycle.

@Renee - the card killer doesn't care too much where to leave cards because he figures that in the broad wastes it's next to impossible to follow him.

_______

VI

What was the best thing about raider women? They were wild lovers because they were on drugs most of the time.

What was the worst thing about raider women? It was hard getting close to them because they usually shoot on sight unless you were one of them.

But the card killer had a plan how to get to one of their camps, located on the overpass west of Springvale. He observed as some man, clad in reinforced combat armor, killed many raiders from that camp and scared others good enough that they went hiding in their trailers and makeshift camps.

The man in combat armor obviously didn’t have any interest in pursuing the rest, so he left the overpass behind, and that was when the card killer attacked him from behind with the assault rifle. He killed the man in combat armor, then carried his lifeless body to the raider-infested overpass. He had assumed that raiders saw their shootout and he was correct – as he approached the raiders, none of them shot at him.

He threw the corpse of the man in combat armor in front of all surviving raiders to see, then crossed his arms, waiting for their reaction.

“What do you want, asshole?” asked one of the raiders.

“One of your girls,” curtly said the stranger. “For some fun.”

“With pleasure,” seductively said Crazy Anna and stepped up front. “With pleasure, kid. That guy…” she spat on the corpse of the man in combat armor,”…killed my boyfriend. Perhaps you can become my new one, ha ha ha! I’m all yours.”

“Do what you gotta do, then leave,” said the raider who called the card killer “asshole”. “Understood?”

“Understood,” nodded Crazy Anna’s “new boyfriend” and led her behind some piled up cars. As Anna already wetted her lips, ready to show the stranger what she was the best at, he handed her the shotgun and some shells.

“What’s that for?” she asked, confused.

“Five hundred caps for you if you help me take down the rest of your gang,” proposed the stranger.

“What? Well…wow…the offer is very, very tempting. But why?”

“No questions asked and you get six hundred caps. And we still have sex once we bring your friends down. What do you say?”

“I say, let’s rumble, kiddo!” yelled Crazy Anna and through to her name, she went on a killing spree against her former friends.

That was another good thing about raiders – offer them some fake caps or some other fine reward and they’ll turn their back on their friends without a second thought.

The stranger didn’t even need to fire a single shot, Crazy Anna dealt with all of them. When it was done, he kept half of his promise – they had wild sex on the overpass but instead of six hundred caps Anna got a deep cut over her throat and a card next to her body.
_______

The overpass

Following the man in combat armor

Fire!

The trophy

Entry fee

One of the raiders

Another one of the raiders

Crazy Anna

"Yes, Megaton is that town over there."

Flirting

"You want me to kill our guys?"

Crazy Anna at work

The kid doesn't even need to shoot

Anna sees a knife and protects what's the most important to her

The card

P.S. The following Friday there won't be a new story because I'll be on holidays abroad.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 8 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

Yay!!!! Khajiit was wondering when you'd get to the Raiders! Boy, CK sure did take a risk approaching that camp like that! Raiders are so unpredictable! One of the best things for CK on this kill is that no one will miss the Raider chick!
Some questions:
How did you get the Raiders to be non hostile?

Where did the "man in combat armor" come from? Was he a random encounter or part of a mod?

How did you get Anna to turn against her clan? Console commands?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 8 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #43

Paladin
Group Icon

Quite creative, the way in which CK got the 'trust' of the camp, then co-opted his victim to do his dirty work before killing her. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 8 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

The CK sure has nerve, taking on not only Raider chicks, but even talking them into wiping out their 'friends'!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 11 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 8 2017, 02:54 PM) *

The CK sure has nerve, taking on not only Raider chicks, but even talking them into wiping out their 'friends'!

He is a clever one, for sure.

On one of my crime shows, the death of a baddie is still a murder, and they would investigate this murder with as much fervor as they would for a more decent citizen. So who is on the CK's trail, I wonder? I think he WANTS somebody to be on his trail, otherwise, why even bother leaving cards? He wants to be known.

And that is what I shall say to reaction. I know Lopov has already written all the Card Killer tales, though I don't know what happens, because I specifically told him NO spoilers! But I bet there's eventually going to be a story in which we get the perspective of someone following the kid's trail. That is my prediction, folks.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 11 2017, 03:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 22 2017, 07:53 AM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

@TheCheshireKhajiit - to make raiders non-hostile, I temporarily added the card killer to the raider faction. The command is "player.addtofaction [faction id] 1". As soon as he "recruited" Crazy Anna thanks to the mod Companion Share and Recruit Mod, she was added to his (player) faction and as such raiders became hostile. The man in combat armor is from the mod Traveling NPCs, his name was Wasteland Avenger and he had a dog Teddy who was killed by the raiders. From what I understand, these names are a reference to some TV show.

@Acadian - sometimes plain killin' gets boring for the killer and he has to be more creative. wink.gif

@SubRosa - it just shows how easy are raiders turned against their friends.

@Renee - you are right about some clues, wrong about some others. wink.gif

_______

VII

“You haven’t even told me your name yet,” Lucy West said to the young man she had just made love to. They were lying in her bed in the upper floor of her Megaton shack, her head resting on the stranger’s chest.

He was silent for a few seconds, then said one word only: ”Cory:”

“Cory what?” asked Lucy and looked into the stranger’s blue eyes with a smile.

“Cory Costner.” He returned the smile.

They met a few hours ago in Moriarty’s Saloon. Cory was sitting at the bar while Lucy was at her table and they kept glancing at each other, smiling as their eyes would meet. Eventually Cory approached her but as Lucy introduced herself, he told her that she can call him however she likes. Though Lucy considered his answer odd at first, the young man turned out to be a good company and he promised to deliver a letter to her family in Arefu, because it’s been months since she heard of them for the last time.

When asked if he’ll be paid, Lucy said that she doesn’t have any caps but that her father would definitely reward him. He told her that should be enough but in return asked her for a place to sleep. As it turned out, Lucy had a spare bed in her shack which belonged to her brother Ian if he came to visit, but in the end it turned out that another bed wasn’t necessary – Lucy and the stranger shared the same one.

“Where do you come from, Cory Costner" she asked and once again looked in his eyes. She loved his eyes and his smile, there was no way she could get bored of either.

“From one place far to the west.”

“You’re one mysterious fellow, you know that?” smiled Lucy.

“Perhaps.” This time he didn’t smile and for a second Lucy found his blue eyes very cold and calculating.

“What about…?” But before Lucy could finish her question, Cory interrupted her: “What about you tell me more about your family? About Arefu? I want to know more about people I’m supposed to find and the place I’m supposed to visit? Should I be on the lookout for something?”

Lucy West gladly told him about his parents and her little brother Ian, then told him more about her birthplace. Afterwards they made love again and once it was over, Cory wanted to lit a cigarette.

“Sorry, Cory! My house – my rules, which means no smoking inside the house.”

“Sure.” Cory put on his leather jacket, camo pants and as he was tying his black boots, he said: “I’ll be back soon, don’t get dressed yet.” He winked at Lucy, then went out.

Lucy West was in seventh heaven and hoped that Cory would stay with her not just for this night. He was so special and until this day she didn’t believe in love at first sight but now it seemed she was proved wrong.

Outside of her shack the stranger whose name wasn’t Cory, nor was his surname Costner, in fact he never had a known surname, because he was an orphan, lit a cigarette. He had some plans with Lucy West and surprisingly, killing her was not one of them.
_______

Friendly and well-mannered stranger comes to Megaton

Never seen before

Lucy West

Great guy

"Let's eat."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 22 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh good, Lucy is not on his list. That's good. I like her a lot.

That's weird though. I wonder why she's not on his list. Probably because he plans to spend more time in Megaton.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 22 2017, 04:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

Oohhoohoo! The CK is making plans! This should be interesting! Khajiit is guessing that while Lucy may not be murdered, her life will be ruined.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 22 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #49

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, this really raises some questions! Whatever CK has planned regarding Lucy, I can't believe it will be for the good. kvright.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 22 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

Methinks that the CK has plans for either Aerfu or Megaton, or both, and he is keeping Lucy alive until those plans reach fruition.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 29 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - some of your thoughts might be right...

@TheCheshireKhajiit - more will become clear in the future...

@Acadian - only time will tell...

@SubRosa - could be...

_______

VIII

When Lucy West woke up the following morning, Cory Costner was already gone. Gone to Arefu she found written on a paper on the night stand next to her bed. “Watch yourself out there, Cory.” Lucy kissed the paper.

As she went to the Brass Lantern for her breakfast, Jenny Stahl, the cook, told her that the pretty stranger who arrived yesterday, saved Lucas Simms’ life in the morning.

“Oh, you mean Cory?” asked Lucy. “Why? What happened?”

“Just look at yourself,” winked Jenny. “You already know his name. And don’t think I haven’t seen you two going to your shack yesterday…”

“Quit it, Jenny,” smiled Lucy. “What happened with sheriff Simms?”

“Fortunately nothing happened because your Cory intervened.” Jenny made sure to accentuate “your”. “It turned out that Mr. Burke, you know that man in fine suit who came to town not long ago, wanted to bribe Cory to rig our bomb!”

“It can’t be!”

“Well, it sure can. But your Cory informed sheriff Simms about it. However, when the sheriff wanted to arrest Burke, the snake tried to shoot him in the back! He’d succeed if Cory wouldn’t intervene and shoot Burke first. Nova told me all of it, she was there.”

“Oh my God, he saved us all, Jenny, do you get it? If Burke asked someone else, he might rig the bomb and we’d all be gone.”

“Sure, I get it. Sheriff Simms rewarded him heftily, from what I’ve heard. Okay, baby, these were my news,” Jenny put some fresh mutfruits in front of Lucy. “Now what happened the previous evening between you and that sweet stranger, eh?"

Jenny definitely wouldn’t call him sweet if she knew that the man, who saved Megaton and was now walking towards Arefu, would kill two women on this very day.

The first would be Silver, a whore who escaped from Moriarty’s saloon a while ago. The hero of Megaton wanted to have some fun with her first but she would fight back like a wild yao-guai so he would cut her throat quickly and efficiently.

The second one would be a lone hunter named Maggie who would try to fight back as well but the hero of Megaton would overpower her and after some fun, cut her throat too.

Two cards were dropped on this day, a rare event.

The hero of Megaton was surely the sweetest man around.

_______

Helpful stranger

With the sheriff

"Watch out, sheriff!"

Life saver

Grateful sheriff

Silver

The dark side of the "hero"

One for Silver...

...one for Maggie

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 29 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

Well I was right about Silver, I knew she would be next, because she lives kind of on her own and stuff.

Card Killer must be stopped! I wonder if there are any chapters coming in which somebody begins to piece together all those cards. Somebody's gotta be following the kid by now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 29 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 29 2017, 07:32 AM) *

@Renee - some of your thoughts might be right...

@TheCheshireKhajiit - more will become clear in the future...

@Acadian - only time will tell...

@SubRosa - could be...

_______

VIII

When Lucy West woke up the following morning, Cory Costner was already gone. Gone to Arefu she found written on a paper on the night stand next to her bed. “Watch yourself out there, Cory.” Lucy kissed the paper.

As she went to the Brass Lantern for her breakfast, Jenny Stahl, the cook, told her that the pretty stranger who arrived yesterday, saved Lucas Simms’ life in the morning.

“Oh, you mean Cory?” asked Lucy. “Why? What happened?”

“Just look at yourself,” winked Jenny. “You already know his name. And don’t think I haven’t seen you two going to your shack yesterday…”

“Quit it, Jenny,” smiled Lucy. “What happened with sheriff Simms?”

“Fortunately nothing happened because your Cory intervened.” Jenny made sure to accentuate “your”. “It turned out that Mr. Burke, you know that man in fine suit who came to town not long ago, wanted to bribe Cory to rig our bomb!”

“It can’t be!”

“Well, it sure can. But your Cory informed sheriff Simms about it. However, when the sheriff wanted to arrest Burke, the snake tried to shoot him in the back! He’d succeed if Cory wouldn’t intervene and shoot Burke first. Nova told me all of it, she was there.”

“Oh my God, he saved us all, Jenny, do you get it? If Burke asked someone else, he might rig the bomb and we’d all be gone.”

“Sure, I get it. Sheriff Simms rewarded him heftily, from what I’ve heard. Okay, baby, these were my news,” Jenny put some fresh mutfruits in front of Lucy. “Now what happened the previous evening between you and that sweet stranger, eh?"

Jenny definitely wouldn’t call him sweet if she knew that the man, who saved Megaton and was now walking towards Arefu, would kill two women on this very day.

The first would be Silver, a whore who escaped from Moriarty’s saloon a while ago. The hero of Megaton wanted to have some fun with her first but she would fight back like a wild yao-guai so he would cut her throat quickly and efficiently.

The second one would be a lone hunter named Maggie who would try to fight back as well but the hero of Megaton would overpower her and after some fun, cut her throat too.

Two cards were dropped on this day, a rare event.

The hero of Megaton was surely the sweetest man around.

_______

Helpful stranger

With the sheriff

"Watch out, sheriff!"

Life saver

Grateful sheriff

Silver

The dark side of the "hero"

One for Silver...

...one for Maggie

A twofer! Boy, Khajiit can hardly wait to see what his plans for Lucy West are!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 29 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

The Hero of Megaton must be stopped!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 29 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #55

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, I don't believe CK has a good side in addition to his bad side so I'm just wondering what his game is right now. Does he want to have a safehaven base or does he plan to leave some calling cards there as well? Hmmm....

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 6 2017, 07:15 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - in today's story some of your questions will be partly answered.

@TheCheshireKhajiit - Lucy doesn't yet appear in this story but in the next one she does.

@SubRosa - but who will stop him?

@Acadian - I don't think he has a good side either. wink.gif

_______

IX

“Thanks, kid. You’re alright.” Evan King, the self-proclaimed lawman of Arefu, patted young Cory on the back.

“Wish there were more people like you in the wastes, helping people and such.”

“Glad to help,” smiled Cory and lit a cigarette.

“Are you taking Ian to Lucy in Megaton?” asked King.

“I wanted to but he insists on staying here. I’ll tell Lucy that he’s safe, though. They’ll both have to bear with the death of their parents.”

“They’ll get over it with time. In the wastes you have to learn to get over things quickly because you never know how long you’re going to live. Right, kid?”

“I guess so.”

“Will you be staying with us for a while?” asked Evan and lit a cigarette himself.

“Just tonight. Tomorrow I’m heading back to Megaton.”

---tomorrow night---

"Gentlemen and ladies, boys and girls, prepare to be astounded, bedazzled, and otherwise stupefied! I am Three Dog, your master of ceremonies!” the most popular DJ of the Capital Wasteland greeted his audience. Dorothy, the lone scavenger, turned the volume up. The young man next to her stirred in sleep. Dorothy often listened to Three Dog’s reports, not to mention the great music he played on the radio.
"I've been getting more and more reports of murdered women in the Capital Wasteland,” Three Dog continued with a dramatic voice. “But there’s more – there were tarot cards found next to their bodies. Especially in the south of the Capital Wasteland. Regulators tell stories of the man known as the card killer who kills women, then leaves cards behind. If the stories are true, it now seems that the serial killer came to our parts. All the ladies out there – don’t trust anyone you don’t know, stock up on ammo and be very, very careful.”

Music followed, the Ink spots and their song Maybe, so Dorothy turned the volume slightly down and huddled up to the kid she had just had sex with. Don’t trust anyone you don’t know, the Three Dog was warning her too, but Dorothy just ignored his warning and had sex with a complete stranger. But if he was the guy in question, I’d already be dead by now, wouldn’t I, thought Dorothy.

But she was wrong. The kid next to her was merely waiting for her backpack to be more away from her – if he attacked her now, she might grab for her gun and surprise him. He needed to lure her away from her backpack and her weapons.

“I like this song,” said the kid.

“Oh, you’re awake. Sorry if the radio woke you up.”

“It’s okay. Do you like this song?”

“Yeah. All songs from the Ink Spots are great. Wish they played them more often.”

“How about a toast to us? I’d fetch some wine from that fridge but my leg still hurts from that mole rat’s bite…”

“Oh you poor baby,” smiled Dorothy. “I’ll get it, don’t worry.”

No you won’t, thought the kid and put on his kindest smile.

As Dorothy stood up, still naked, and moved over to the pre-war fridge, leaving her backpack with weapons behind her, the kid silently stood up behind her. He put on his jacket and slowly pulled out the knife from one of its pockets. He went after Dorothy and as she turned around to see what was happening behind her, the knife was already too close to her neck to survive.

The following day Cory Costner returned to Megaton.
_______

He's alright

Meeting Dorothy

Sex with goggles

Behind you!

Too late!

Death card

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 6 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

Well that was a nasty bit of business (par for the course where CK is concerned)! Khajiit loves how Dorothy left on the goggles, lol (gotta protect those eyes from flying fluids!). This one would hate to be the one who stumbles in and discovers the grisly scene with Dorothy's severed head!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 6 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, she shoulda listened to the Three Dog. indifferent.gif

I was wrong this time. I thought he'd go after that one lady who lives up on the bridge where the West family is.... or was. I forget her name, but there's a lady who's kind of b!tchy. Not her.

I am predicting that the Card Killer is rather nondescript. He looks ordinary. No distinguishing features. No facial hair, especially. No scars or moles, freckles, etc. But he's got a rather kind face, and also boyish and cute. He's too innocent-looking. Even Three Dog can't warn people enough about this guy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 6 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

Kevin Cory Costner continues his reign of terror. Will no heroes rise to smite down this evil-doer? Or at least a radscorpion? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 7 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #60

Paladin
Group Icon

So having protected sex means wearing goggles! Who knew? laugh.gif

Aww, even her goggles didn't protect poor Dorothy. sad.gif

I'm still wondering if CK is using Megaton as a safe base of operations or if he has sinister plans for there as well.

Three Dog needs to play 'I Need a Hero!'

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:29 AM