> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 23 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #221

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jun 23 2020, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 23 2020, 03:13 PM) *

I looked but didn’t see the repair option. Besides, wouldn’t reinstalling the game do what the repair function would do?

I would assume so, but you know how screwy this game can be. When you go into the launcher, you should see a little wheel-like icon near the top right. When you click on it, the repair option should be on the drop-down menu that pops up (one time, it took a few seconds to pop up for me for some reason, so don't click away too quickly if you don't see it).

Yeah, the repair button didn’t show up and I left it on that menu for more than enough time. I’ll look again tomorrow though.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 23 2020, 11:07 PM
Post #222

Councilor
Group Icon

That was probably the wrong top right.

On my launcher window the top right of the main window has three icons, the setting wheel, the minimize down-arrow , and the exit cross. It's none of those. The same wheel appears with a label of "Game Options" over the News list, and it's that one that has the repair option. And no, Game Options has nothing to do with News, which is why some overpaid UX expert put it there, not to mention using the same symbol for two different things on the same screen.

Ugh!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 24 2020, 05:39 AM
Post #223

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 23 2020, 05:07 PM) *

That was probably the wrong top right.

On my launcher window the top right of the main window has three icons, the setting wheel, the minimize down-arrow , and the exit cross. It's none of those. The same wheel appears with a label of "Game Options" over the News list, and it's that one that has the repair option. And no, Game Options has nothing to do with News, which is why some overpaid UX expert put it there, not to mention using the same symbol for two different things on the same screen.

Ugh!

Thanks. I’ll check there.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 24 2020, 02:49 PM
Post #224

Ancient
Group Icon

*update*
Found the repair function. Running the repair as of this writing.

*update, erm, for the, uh, update, I guess. Yep.*
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help guys!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 24 2020, 03:15 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 24 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #225

Master
Group Icon

Every time a patch or update/upgrade drops, I run repair after downloading and installing the new data.

It really has helped tremendously with new data/content. I started doing this after the first few patches after a computer literate ESO friend of mine recommended it. I've had very few of the problems reported by other people, both here and on the ESO forums, since doing this. It's a good habit to have and definitely worth the extra time.

I also do this for any issues that crop up between patches and won't go away with a simple logout/login routine. Rule of thumb: if I have to go out to the desktop, I run the repair. It's a good opportunity to get up and walk away from the computer. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 26 2020, 03:38 AM
Post #226

Mouth
Group Icon

This new patch has me steaming and ZOS just keeps pissing me off.

First off, they flipped around Vigor and Rapid Maneuvers on the Assault skill line, which is [censored]. Not all my characters are going to run PvP, and Vigor should actually take some effort to get while Rapids should be easy to obtain. The only thing you have to do is go to Cyro and skip training to get the corresponding AP and then you have Vigor when it used to be Rapids. That's garbage. So now they have made it even harder to get a fast mount. My Redguard Templar, Mariah the Honey-Voiced, just achieved Level 50 today and she had Rapids ready for a morph. Now with the patch, an ability she was JUST USING is no longer available to her. It's stupid. I've heard that ZOS did this because some streamers complained about long it took to get. I don't know whether I believe it, but it isn't far-fetched. ZOS is terrible at communicating and listening to the community, but when they do it is almost always the stupid and awful ideas. Nine (or I suppose Eight at this point) forbid that they fix the actual issues, like lag and spammable attacks and cheat engines and exploits and so on.

Another thing that I hate is that I now can't get all Ancestral Orc/Nord/Elf motifs for Antiquities from one zone in one treasure map chest. You can only get one at a time. Luckily, I got most of them (including the 4 from Khenarthi's Roost) before the patch, but I still have some to get in Glenumbra, Alik'r, Deshaan, and Shadowfen. I get that you don't want to make it too easy to get valuable things like that, but NOW you decide to change this? And when there are far more pressing concerns the game has? If it originally was just one motif at a time from treasure map chests, I wouldn't be annoyed. But I guess ZOS thinks "Oh, this thing that was actually fun for players? Let's change it and make it unfun for them. And not do anything to fix what is unfun about this game."

Ysmir's Beard, ZOS just makes me angry. If they were actually communicative with the wider community and more transparent, that would go a long way in making them look better. But they can't accept even remote criticisms apparently. Official forum threads routinely get deleted (not just locked) when anybody makes even an inkling of criticism or questions ZOS, as I've learned from others who actually use those forums. Screw them. I get it when the threads are just flaming or saying vile things or something similar, but a lot of these threads are comparatively innocuous.

I'm seriously considering dropping my subscription for good this time. Yes, it turned out to be an empty threat last time I said that and it may be that again this time, but if they are going to keep acting like this they shouldn't get my money.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 2 2020, 05:59 AM
Post #227

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 25 2020, 10:38 PM) *

This new patch has me steaming and ZOS just keeps pissing me off.

First off, they flipped around Vigor and Rapid Maneuvers on the Assault skill line, which is [censored]. Not all my characters are going to run PvP, and Vigor should actually take some effort to get while Rapids should be easy to obtain. The only thing you have to do is go to Cyro and skip training to get the corresponding AP and then you have Vigor when it used to be Rapids. That's garbage. So now they have made it even harder to get a fast mount. My Redguard Templar, Mariah the Honey-Voiced, just achieved Level 50 today and she had Rapids ready for a morph. Now with the patch, an ability she was JUST USING is no longer available to her. It's stupid. I've heard that ZOS did this because some streamers complained about long it took to get. I don't know whether I believe it, but it isn't far-fetched. ZOS is terrible at communicating and listening to the community, but when they do it is almost always the stupid and awful ideas. Nine (or I suppose Eight at this point) forbid that they fix the actual issues, like lag and spammable attacks and cheat engines and exploits and so on.

Another thing that I hate is that I now can't get all Ancestral Orc/Nord/Elf motifs for Antiquities from one zone in one treasure map chest. You can only get one at a time. Luckily, I got most of them (including the 4 from Khenarthi's Roost) before the patch, but I still have some to get in Glenumbra, Alik'r, Deshaan, and Shadowfen. I get that you don't want to make it too easy to get valuable things like that, but NOW you decide to change this? And when there are far more pressing concerns the game has? If it originally was just one motif at a time from treasure map chests, I wouldn't be annoyed. But I guess ZOS thinks "Oh, this thing that was actually fun for players? Let's change it and make it unfun for them. And not do anything to fix what is unfun about this game."

Ysmir's Beard, ZOS just makes me angry. If they were actually communicative with the wider community and more transparent, that would go a long way in making them look better. But they can't accept even remote criticisms apparently. Official forum threads routinely get deleted (not just locked) when anybody makes even an inkling of criticism or questions ZOS, as I've learned from others who actually use those forums. Screw them. I get it when the threads are just flaming or saying vile things or something similar, but a lot of these threads are comparatively innocuous.

I'm seriously considering dropping my subscription for good this time. Yes, it turned out to be an empty threat last time I said that and it may be that again this time, but if they are going to keep acting like this they shouldn't get my money.

Agreed. That is one of the stupidest things I've seen them do in any of their dumb patch fiascos; it is like they just can't stop themselves from going too far with their BS.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 5 2020, 12:59 PM
Post #228

Councilor
Group Icon

Does ESO have Wood Orcs in Valenwood?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 5 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #229

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 5 2020, 06:59 AM) *

Yep. I can’t remember which region they are in but they are definitely in one or two of the Wood Elf domains. They basically look like regular Orcs in Wood Elf armor.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 5 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #230

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 5 2020, 07:59 AM) *

Yes, it does. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Wood_Orcs

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 5 2020, 02:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 5 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #231

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, very nice, thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 16 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #232

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anyone have a decent strategy for grinding up the last points of Antiquities skills?

Fleur is at nine and a half rank in both Scrying and Excavating, but she's done the blue-green-purple cycle in each zone, and still needs more leads to get any further. She ran two public dungeons to see if the bosses would drop any, but got nothing that way. She could try the World Bosses next, or she could just do a blue/green pair a couple of dozen times. That gets boring very fast, as it's only four points for two leads.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #233

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 16 2020, 01:29 PM) *

Does anyone have a decent strategy for grinding up the last points of Antiquities skills?

Fleur is at nine and a half rank in both Scrying and Excavating, but she's done the blue-green-purple cycle in each zone, and still needs more leads to get any further. She ran two public dungeons to see if the bosses would drop any, but got nothing that way. She could try the World Bosses next, or she could just do a blue/green pair a couple of dozen times. That gets boring very fast, as it's only four points for two leads.

Go up to Hollow City in Coldharbour; and pick a few plants. You will almost immediately get a Gold Lead for the "Void Anomoly." Scry it and go dig it up (Excavate it). Go back to Hollow City; repeat over and over again till you reach level 10.

The Gold Leads give you really high XP; and those Gold Void Anomoly Leads drop every other plant you dig up; everyone has hundreds of them until they just stop digging them up when they get the Lead.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 16 2020, 08:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 16 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #234

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2020, 02:44 PM) *

Go up to Hollow City in Coldharbour; and pick a few plants. You will almost immediately get a Gold Lead for the "Void Anomoly." Scry it and go dig it up (Excavate it). Go back to Hollow City; repeat over and over again till you reach level 10.

The Gold Leads give you really high XP; and those Gold Void Anomoly Leads drop every other plant you dig up; everyone has hundreds of them until they just stop digging them up when they get the Lead.

Very helpful, although I may have set a record for how many consecutive plants can be harvested without getting one. After I got one from the first bugloss, I pulled four nirnroot, three water hyacinth, a corn flower, a columbine and another bugloss, before the second one. It didn't help that others were doing the same, so it took a complete circuit of the city between finds.

I'll do it again later tonight, when the real Europeans are in bed. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 16 2020, 09:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #235

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 16 2020, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2020, 02:44 PM) *

Very helpful, although I may have set a record for how many consecutive plants can be harvested without getting one. After I got one from the first bugloss, I pulled four nirnroot, three water hyacinth, a corn flower, a columbine and another bugloss, before the second one. It didn't help that others were doing the same, so it took a complete circuit of the city between finds.

I'll do it again later tonight, when the real Europeans are in bed. laugh.gif

Yeah, that is unheard of, lol. Every single time I have excavated one of those darn Void Anomoly Leads and dropped it off at my Coldharbour Surreal Estate = I have IMMEDIATELY plucked up another Gold Lead for it at that first plant directly across from the entrance to the Surreal Estate (right behind the guy kneeling in the middle of the walkway). EVERY SINGLE TIME! So your RNG must really be the pits, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 17 2020, 12:00 AM
Post #236

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2020, 04:04 PM) *

Yeah, that is unheard of, lol. Every single time I have excavated one of those darn Void Anomoly Leads and dropped it off at my Coldharbour Surreal Estate = I have IMMEDIATELY plucked up another Gold Lead for it at that first plant directly across from the entrance to the Surreal Estate (right behind the guy kneeling in the middle of the walkway). EVERY SINGLE TIME! So your RNG must really be the pits, lol.

To quote a well-known song: "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all."

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 17 2020, 12:57 AM
Post #237

Mouth
Group Icon

The Void-Crystal Anomaly is the ONLY time I have ever actively hoped I wouldn't pick up another one when I was getting it from a source I knew it was likely to come from, lol. Sure would be nice if they transferred some of that favorable RNG to other antiquities--like the PIECE OF [CENSORED] [CENSORED]ING NEST OF SHADOWS FROM ARX CORINIUM, OH MY GOD, I [CENSORED]ING HATE THAT PLACE AND SELLISTRIX THAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH AT LEAST 15 TIMES TO FIND THAT LEAD TO NO AVAIL.

Ahem...anyway, the Void Crystal Anomaly seems to be particularly common in the Hollow City. Those Water Hyacinths and Nirnroots feel like they drop the lead every other time. But the Sacred Chalice of Ysgramor is still my most common lead I've picked up (which is in Eastmarch).

The aforementioned Nest of Shadows and the Dwarven saddle were the only pre-Reach antiquities I had left to get. I completed the Ring of the Pale Order and have one piece left of the Pearls of Ehlnofey (which on the surface seems to be the crappiest mythic item by far; I can't believe ZOS has the gall to call that a mythic item). But I still have only 1/7 pieces of the Dwarven Scarab and there is still like 8 other antiquities to get. *Sigh*...

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Nov 17 2020, 12:58 AM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 17 2020, 02:02 AM
Post #238

Paladin
Group Icon

So if you take the void crystal anomaly, turn it upside down and lower it into the floor, it looks like a high end fancy hexagonal floor tile. Buffy's actually tiled a small portion of the palace's courtyard. If you turn it upside down and lower it about halfway into the floor it makes a nice, rather exotic, table with a moving base. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2020, 02:39 AM
Post #239

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 16 2020, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2020, 04:04 PM) *

To quote a well-known song: "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all."

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me ... " laugh.gif

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 16 2020, 06:57 PM) *

The Void-Crystal Anomaly is the ONLY time I have ever actively hoped I wouldn't pick up another one when I was getting it from a source I knew it was likely to come from, lol. Sure would be nice if they transferred some of that favorable RNG to other antiquities--like the PIECE OF [CENSORED] [CENSORED]ING NEST OF SHADOWS FROM ARX CORINIUM, OH MY GOD, I [CENSORED]ING HATE THAT PLACE AND SELLISTRIX THAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH AT LEAST 15 TIMES TO FIND THAT LEAD TO NO AVAIL.

Ahem...anyway, the Void Crystal Anomaly seems to be particularly common in the Hollow City. Those Water Hyacinths and Nirnroots feel like they drop the lead every other time. But the Sacred Chalice of Ysgramor is still my most common lead I've picked up (which is in Eastmarch).

The aforementioned Nest of Shadows and the Dwarven saddle were the only pre-Reach antiquities I had left to get. I completed the Ring of the Pale Order and have one piece left of the Pearls of Ehlnofey (which on the surface seems to be the crappiest mythic item by far; I can't believe ZOS has the gall to call that a mythic item). But I still have only 1/7 pieces of the Dwarven Scarab and there is still like 8 other antiquities to get. *Sigh*...

rollinglaugh.gif I love your rants !!!!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM) *

So if you take the void crystal anomaly, turn it upside down and lower it into the floor, it looks like a high end fancy hexagonal floor tile. Buffy's actually tiled a small portion of the palace's courtyard. If you turn it upside down and lower it about halfway into the floor it makes a nice, rather exotic, table with a moving base. laugh.gif

Yeah, I discovered the floor tile and table early on when I realized I was going to end up with an overload of those darn Anomolies and no way to sell them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 17 2020, 03:08 AM
Post #240

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, they did the trick, and we managed to get the war-caller drum, a day before the lead expired. And the triptypch, which is now looking for a large enough wall. It's hanging in the Antiquarian Gallery for now, but doesn't fit properly even there.

Now both Fleur and Floozie have the full ranks, we don't have to worry about leads being wasted. We won't go chasing anything right now, so they''l probably drop because we ignored them.

Back to other grinds, like the Dragonhold dailies, and riding lessons, and crafting writs, so Fleur can get more Master writs done. (She wants a bath, and the plan requires 100 Master Writ achievement).

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:17 AM