Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 - spoiler version
mirocu
post Nov 13 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah... The irony of me starting this thread is not lost on me biggrin.gif

But go right ahead! This is the thread for Fallout 4 quest spoilers as well as hints and tips on... how to.... build something.. maybe... Oh, I donīt know. Just spill the beans, will you! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 13 2015, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks Mirocu! I'm waiting for juicy info to be posted on here with baited breath...oh! Here is one I saw yesterday: (for Cheats/Hints/Spoilers):

COC QASMOKE = the testinghall. To return you will need to coc back to somewhere like Sanctuary.

The codes for bottlecaps is the same as it has always been for gold = 000000F

Player.additem; Player.modav; unlock; kill; resurrect = all the same: (etc).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 13 2015, 05:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 13 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

The irony is not lost on me either. First Mirocu resurrects the ages old Fallout speculation thread and now he starts a Fallout 4 spoiler thread. laugh.gif I cannot fault his talents in necromancy. biggrin.gif

Happy to see a place we can discuss things openly. It is not fair on those who have yet to buy the game to see things that ruin it for them. The mods at the Beth forum missed some new member who posted the ending to the game in multiple threads before he was spotted. There are many upset people over there.

The ending is something I will take my time getting towards and I do not plan to get there before the end of next year, so I doubt I can (or will) say anything about that.

Awesome to hear that mALX is not afraid to discuss spoilers when she hasn't seen the game. Very few people can do that.

I shall be back.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 13 2015, 11:37 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 13 2015, 05:30 PM) *

The irony is not lost on me either. First Mirocu resurrects the ages old Fallout speculation thread and now he starts a Fallout 4 spoiler thread. laugh.gif I cannot fault his talents in necromancy. biggrin.gif

Happy to see a place we can discuss things openly. It is not fair on those who have yet to buy the game to see things that ruin it for them. The mods at the Beth forum missed some new member who posted the ending to the game in multiple threads before he was spotted. There are many upset people over there.

The ending is something I will take my time getting towards and I do not plan to get there before the end of next year, so I doubt I can (or will) say anything about that.

Awesome to hear that mALX is not afraid to discuss spoilers when she hasn't seen the game. Very few people can do that.

I shall be back.

Oh yeah, I love to know what is going on; and normally I am one of the first to play on a Bethesda game, so not knowing is killing me, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 14 2015, 02:25 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

This is still going to be hard to do. I would hate to ruin the game for somebody else as we are all at different stages in the game. I might, for example, be happy to discuss one thing but not another.

The way that we all bounce conversation off each other means that you still might read something you regret.

Perhaps the onus should just be on the reader. That is the only way that it will work.

Okay. Spoilers ahead.

Early in the game we come across a Vertibird. I will not say where but it happens really early in the story. There is a whole holotape scene that gives you a background on how the Vertibird ended up there. It sure sounded like it was connected to the Great War.

Did it all happen so fast that I missed the point of the scene????

I thought the Vertibirds were only in development stage in 2077 and only entered full service in 2085.

Was this a transportation rather than military one perhaps?

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Nov 14 2015, 02:26 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 14 2015, 02:27 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 13 2015, 08:25 PM) *

This is still going to be hard to do. I would hate to ruin the game for somebody else as we are all at different stages in the game. I might, for example, be happy to discuss one thing but not another.

The way that we all bounce conversation off each other means that you still might read something you regret.

Perhaps the onus should just be on the reader. That is the only way that it will work.

Okay. Spoilers ahead.

Early in the game we come across a Vertibird. I will not say where but it happens really early in the story. There is a whole holotape scene that gives you a background on how the Vertibird ended up there. It sure sounded like it was connected to the Great War.

Did it all happen so fast that I missed the point of the scene????

I thought the Vertibirds were only in development stage in 2077 and only entered full service in 2085.

Was this a transportation rather than military one perhaps?

Was it the crashed one in the robot factory?

And yeah, the reader that comes to the Spoiler thread knows they will be reading stuff that will reveal places in the game they may not have reached yet; so if they don't want to find them out then they won't be here reading, so don't worry about it.

I personally love to discuss them and learn; and some of the things I learn might cause me to buy the game where I might not have planned to for a while (like what happened to me with ESO).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 14 2015, 02:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 14 2015, 02:32 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Yes, the scene they rolled out at E3 (which shows the Vertibird and the Power Armor) is the same one I am talking about. The one where you jump off the building. It happens on a Museum building though.

The trouble with the story pacing is that it all happens really quick. You do not have time to breathe.

It makes it hard to follow.

Things like Vertbird lore should not be messed around with.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 14 2015, 02:37 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 13 2015, 08:32 PM) *

Yes, the scene they rolled out at E3 (which shows the Vertibird and the Power Armor) is the same one I am talking about. The one where you jump off the building. It happens on a Museum building though.

The trouble with the story pacing is that it all happens really quick. You do not have time to breathe.

It makes it hard to follow.

Things like Vertbird lore should not be messed around with.

I think you are right on the vertibird history, here is the pre-FO4 source I found:

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Vertibird

And it describes the difference between the transport and milliltary ones so you can determine which the museum one is.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 14 2015, 02:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 14 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

Just from what I've seen on YouTube = really not a fan of the main questline (4) choices of possible endings; and really disappointed in the ending vid not including any of the results/consequences of the player's choices or actions throughout the whole game like previous Fallout games included; or the fact that there was just one singular vid for 3 of the possible 4 choices.

It kind of felt like a cheap knockoff of a Fallout ending. The main quest itself felt like it was trying to be emotionally manipulative; and imho was overall underwhelmilng.

However, it did look like it would be a fun game to explore and build settlements in; toy around with that feature like in Far Cry.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 14 2015, 07:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 14 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

I haven't done much of the MQ yet. Got to Diamond City and went back to exploring.

It's all "My husband is dead and my baby is gone" but I have no emotional connection to them so there's nothing drawing me into the MQ.

Then there's the whole thing about people not liking Synths. Nobody in the game has actually explained why they hate synths, and nobody will explain what The Institute is.

Why should my character care about any of it? She just wants to build stuff and shoot people.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Nov 14 2015, 08:03 PM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 14 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #11

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 14 2015, 08:03 PM) *

Why should my character care about any of it? She just wants to build stuff and shoot people.

Exactly how my characters have approached the MQ in all Beth games laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 14 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 14 2015, 02:03 PM) *

I haven't done much of the MQ yet. Got to Diamond City and went back to exploring.

It's all "My husband is dead and my baby is gone" but I have no emotional connection to them so there's nothing drawing me into the MQ.

Then there's the whole thing about people not liking Synths. Nobody in the game has actually explained why they hate synths, and nobody will explain what The Institute is.

That is what I felt about it in FO3 too; it was hard to drum up emotions about the missing father for me, so I really wasn't keen on pursuing him; though eventually did just due to a lack of any other quests left to tackle and wanting to explore Raven Rock and see it implode and follow Liberty Prime across that bridge.

But watching these FO4 vids, the beginning sequence of events was too rushed and quick to build up any emotions for the spouse; and you didn't even get to hold the child, just spin its mobile. I didn't feel like they gave the Player any reason to feel a tremendous emotion for them that would constitute the emotions they are expecting to drive the player through the main questline in this.

In contrast, in the game "The Last of Us" - I felt more for Ellie in a very short time and genuinely cared if she made it or not - And I will freely admit crying several times in her story through that game; and not just hers but the protagonist's and what he went through.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 14 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Letīs just face it; Beth should only do the sandbox part... wink.gif

I genuinely donīt see a reason for a MQ in any of thier games to be honest. It would be far better if they simply concentrated on the "side" quests. I really liked many of them in both Oblivion and Fallout 3 smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 14 2015, 09:13 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 14 2015, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 14 2015, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 14 2015, 08:03 PM) *

Exactly how my characters have approached the MQ in all Beth games laugh.gif

I did care about Uriel Septim VII in Oblivion; and felt awful when he died - and felt sad when the Knights of the Nine went back into their tombs. I remember crying and feeling shocked when Arch Mage Traven died; and being terrified of the zombies and the Oblivion gates opening up all over as I walked around, how the sky would rumble and turn red; and remember feeling horrified by the dead bodies left in their wake if you didn't handle the Oblivion gates in a timely fashion. I remember feeling sorry for Martin when I first brought him to Cloud Ruler Temple and he felt so alienated from everything he knew and clung to you as a friend.

So at one point, Bethesda did know how to make a good questline. They knew how to place it there so you could approach it if you wanted to but avoid it if you didn't. Back then they let the Player make all the decisions about what they wanted to do in their games; in their roleplay; just offered them great stories to get into at their own will and pace.

What changed was that Todd Howard got angry over how many people ignored the main questline in Oblivion that he had worked so hard on, he couldn't believe anyone wouldn't want to save the world.

So from that point on he started trying to force the main questline down the Player's throat (as in Skyrim) and/or make it a contrived emotional experience that he didn't think the Player could walk away from (like searching for your father in Fallout 3); and now in Fallout 4 he is doing both by kidnapping your child and jackhammering you into the main quest as quick and hard as he can.

But he's forgotten how to build the emotions like they used to do in their early games. And that is what made me really feel the quests in Bethesda's older games and the stories in TES Lore.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 14 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #15

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 14 2015, 09:46 PM) *

What changed was that Todd Howard got angry over how many people ignored the main questline in Oblivion that he had worked so hard on, he couldn't believe anyone wouldn't want to save the world.

I can understand that. He was probably very proud of it and wanted people to experience it. But a lot have, just not 100% of the players.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 14 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 14 2015, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 14 2015, 09:46 PM) *

I can understand that. He was probably very proud of it and wanted people to experience it. But a lot have, just not 100% of the players.

I loved the Oblivion main questline a lot, once I got use to the Oblivion gates and wasn't so scared by them. I went from being afraid walking around because the sky would suddenly redden and start thundering - to running around trying to trigger the gates to open, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 14 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #17

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Watched a video just now and I gotta say, those ghouls were much less scary than in 3.. mellow.gif Also, is the humour gone or am I being unfair from the ten minutes I watched? tongue.gif

I must say, having a voiced character kinda ruins the whole Fallout thing for me. I may be a bit whiny here but it doesnīt feel like a Bethesda game. Or maybe Iīm just suffering from the Morrowind syndrome laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 14 2015, 11:23 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 15 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, I feel the vibe has certainly changed. It is no longer has that Fallout 3 level of humor. I enjoyed 'the bombs have fallen and there is rubble everywhere, but don't worry, life goes on.' Now it feels like a fast shooter with the whole settlement and trading thing going on in the background.

I will say though the Ghouls do not feel or look as scary, but they are very terrifying in combat. Most enemies that tend not to focus on your follower (Ghouls and Mirelurks, so far for me) rush at you very quickly and scare the crap at out you when they charge.

All over I will say the combat feels great. Low level enemies like the basic Raider and Super Mutant are bloody tough now. Yesterday I was attack by 2 simple Super Mutants, bloody hell, I had to switch to the Mini Gun just to finish them off.

I agree with comments about the MQ. I have always thought that if Beth will not allow the character to see the MQ from an evil perspective then they should just drop the whole idea. Playing a 'hero' MQ all the time is completely stupid in the modern world. We like our characters to be grey, not some knight in shining armor.

The story writing has gone down hill since Emil has played a larger role in the company. Todd is trusting the wrong man with the forming of the story lines.

And to show you just how controlled things are, I read that if you do not follow your spouse up the hill and run off in another direction the Chinese drop the nuke straight away!

I realize that there is no other way to do it but it just shows you that if the lore says the bomb hits at before 10, don't worry Todd says, we can make it 9-30 as well. laugh.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 14 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Yeah, I feel the vibe has certainly changed. It is no longer has that Fallout 3 level of humor. I enjoyed 'the bombs have fallen and there is rubble everywhere, but don't worry, life goes on.' Now it feels like a fast shooter with the whole settlement and trading thing going on in the background.

I will say though the Ghouls do not feel or look as scary, but they are very terrifying in combat. Most enemies that tend not to focus on your follower (Ghouls and Mirelurks, so far for me) rush at you very quickly and scare the crap at out you when they charge.

All over I will say the combat feels great. Low level enemies like the basic Raider and Super Mutant are bloody tough now. Yesterday I was attack by 2 simple Super Mutants, bloody hell, I had to switch to the Mini Gun just to finish them off.

I agree with comments about the MQ. I have always thought that if Beth will not allow the character to see the MQ from an evil perspective then they should just drop the whole idea. Playing a 'hero' MQ all the time is completely stupid in the modern world. We like our characters to be grey, not some knight in shining armor.

The story writing has gone down hill since Emil has played a larger role in the company. Todd is trusting the wrong man with the forming of the story lines.

And to show you just how controlled things are, I read that if you do not follow your spouse up the hill and run off in another direction the Chinese drop the nuke straight away!

I realize that there is no other way to do it but it just shows you that if the lore says the bomb hits at before 10, don't worry Todd says, we can make it 9-30 as well. laugh.gif

Humor and Easter Eggs were a huge part of what made me originally fall in love with Fallout 3. It was a hugely fun game; still is, even after numerous play throughs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 15 2015, 01:20 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Any questline that involves you searching for someone is difficult to get right. If the player doesn't feel a connection with the person they're looking for, there's little to stop them getting distracted.

For example: I had a little side quest earlier where a member of my settlement had been kidnapped by raiders. I got right on it, suited up in my power armor and rescued the heck out of my armor shopkeeper. I cared about that guy, so I did the quest.

Oblivion's MQ also worked better because it didn't try and force a backstory onto your character. FO4 is just "You're a heterosexual, middle-class, American with a baby called Shaun. Go.". How am I supposed to identify with my character when I'm none of those things?

----------------

I'll have to disagree with you guys on the Ghouls. FO3 ghouls were so goofy and stupid. FO4's really give me the spooks.

Having fun fighting Super Mutants though. They're really tough. The suicide bomber versions are the worst, since they use a mini nuke and just run at you.

Fought a Mirelurk Queen earlier too. That was...not fun.

---------------

As for the humour aspect, I kind of get what you mean. I felt the same when Skyrim came out, like it was missing something that I loved about Oblivion.

Saying that though, I have found a crashed spaceship, complete with alien. My character welcomed him to the wasteland in the traditional fashion wink.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:14 AM