Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
ghastley
post May 16 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #4001

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 16 2019, 08:34 AM) *

Not game but train related: U.K. Heritage Railway Review- 2013. The Brits have it all over us Yanks when it comes to this sort of thing. Had we something of this quality locally it 'might' tempt me to leave the house every now and again. (Yeah, right.)

I found that video really annoying, as it didn't have any captions telling us what the locomotive was, or where it was recorded. In many, you could read the reporting number, and go look it up, but not all of them. I recognised a few locations, because my family in England live near the Mid-Hants Railway (a.k.a. the Watercress Line), but the ones in the Midlands and North of England I'd like to know more about.

Because a lot of locomotives are preserved out of their original home territory, knowing the class doesn't help either. And who lets a Southern Schools class pull LNER Gresley teak coaches? Sacriledge!

The Eastern US does have some preserved steam, and I've visited most of what's near me. There are a few interesting lines in the Rockies, too, that I haven't. Maybe when I retire...

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 17 2019, 01:59 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 17 2019, 01:19 PM
Post #4002

Master
Group Icon

After all this time, I at long last figured out how to scroll to the rear end of super long trains in TpF's train composition window. This allows me to create my very first 'double-header' train on the map's one train line designed well enough to support trains long enough to justify them. Here's a nothing of an image showing the result.

@ghastley
I don't know if you're interested in this sort of thing, but I'm quite taken with the videos of a fellow who documents now-defunct British railway routes. He travels along routes as they appear today when able and shows images of the routes when still active if available. Nice musical accompaniment. I picked one route at random to link, but there might be others closer to areas that interest you more:

Rediscovering the Bedford to Northampton Line.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 17 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #4003

Ancient
Group Icon

Uggh Khajiit just saw a collection of the old Castlevania games on the Nintendo E-Shop on Switch and had to get it. This one has a problem.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 17 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #4004

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That one will have to call in sick next week biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 17 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #4005

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 17 2019, 09:53 AM) *

IPB Image
(Khajiit loves the face that birb is making in the pic laugh.gif )

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 17 2019, 04:47 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 17 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #4006

Master
Group Icon

Lol.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 17 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #4007

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ May 17 2019, 08:19 AM) *

@ghastley
I don't know if you're interested in this sort of thing, but I'm quite taken with the videos of a fellow who documents now-defunct British railway routes. He travels along routes as they appear today when able and shows images of the routes when still active if available. Nice musical accompaniment. I picked one route at random to link, but there might be others closer to areas that interest you more:

Rediscovering the Bedford to Northampton Line.

I watched the Lynton and Barnstaple one in particular, because a friend and I did exactly the same thing back around 1970 by bicycle. It was interesting to see what a further 40 years had done, with more obliteration in some places, and restoration in others.

Since it was about the L&B in particular, it didn't cover, or even mention, the Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, a water-powered funicular. That was a fun end-point to the trip.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 17 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #4008

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 17 2019, 10:53 AM) *

sad.gif

verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post May 18 2019, 06:51 AM
Post #4009

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 17 2019, 04:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Apr 16 2019, 12:34 PM) *

I have NWN and BGII on Steam. Never played the first Baldur's Gate.

NWN I think is running on a different edition of D&D, and is a little easier to get into. You're not trying to run with a full party either, unlike Baldur's Gate. Only thing that made me sad about NWN was that when they added visible cloaks, it hid my poor Red Dragon Disciple's wings.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 16 2019, 01:44 PM) *

I played BG 1 and enjoyed it okay. I found BG II very fun though and stayed there for a few years. Never played NWN. I think you'll find SubRosa to be quite knowledgeable on those games. Hopefully she can provide some insight.

This is now 3 people recommending BGII (both of you and another guy over at Beth.net). Khajiit may just get that if it’s really that good.

Fourth-ed, even though I'm late to the party as usual. Just dew it, mang. Its real good.

Also miro-kun, that Star Wars game of yours have multiplayer? The one where you manage planets and armies and etc? Because if so, I'm gonna waste you seven ways till Loredas, sonny boy. Its on GOG.com and I'm kinda in the mood to buy some games today

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 18 2019, 08:04 AM
Post #4010

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 18 2019, 07:51 AM) *

Also miro-kun, that Star Wars game of yours have multiplayer? The one where you manage planets and armies and etc? Because if so, I'm gonna waste you seven ways till Loredas, sonny boy. Its on GOG.com and I'm kinda in the mood to buy some games today

I don't have the game in front of me now but the wiki says it's multiplayer. But don't expect to play against me, I'm a single player raven from here to eternity biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 19 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #4011

Master
Group Icon

The second developer Transport Fever 2 trailer.

As for TpF 1, I'm again facing dissatisfaction due to my incompetence while designing the map's railway network a year ago. It's so bad I'd need to nuke much of it to the ground to set things to rights...assuming I now know enough to do so, which is debatable. For good or ill, I just can't drum up the courage and/or enthusiasm to do so.

Despite the above, I'm currently re-laying track to remove or at least reduce jarring bumps at rail junctions, when/where possible. Also, removing those signals that aren't really necessary. It harms nothing that those needless signals are where they are. But it does look unsightly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 24 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #4012

Master
Group Icon

Been putzing around it TpF, smoothing badly laid track, replacing some locos and/or wagons. Nothing more than that, gaming wise.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 26 2019, 11:08 AM
Post #4013

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Played through the demo of the first Doom game yesterday. IDDQD and IDKFA were my constant companions. Don't judge me!

Or do tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 01:00 AM
Post #4014

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 26 2019, 05:08 AM) *

Played through the demo of the first Doom game yesterday. IDDQD and IDKFA were my constant companions. Don't judge me!

Or do tongue.gif

Khajiit can’t judge if Khajiit doesn’t know what that means!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 27 2019, 01:32 AM
Post #4015

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 08:00 PM) *

Or do tongue.gif

Khajiit can’t judge if Khajiit doesn’t know what that means!

"Ditto"

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 27 2019, 02:23 AM
Post #4016

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 07:00 PM) *

Or do tongue.gif

Khajiit can€™t judge if Khajiit doesn€™t know what that means!

Ahh IDDQD and IDKFA, those be Doom cheat codes. I think the first one gives you God Mode the other gives you all the weapons and key cards.

cool.gif

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: May 27 2019, 06:00 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 02:39 AM
Post #4017

Ancient
Group Icon

And I think IDSYSPOD or something like that was the no clip command? It has been so long I don't remember anymore.

It was IDSPISPOPD

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 03:04 AM
Post #4018

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ May 26 2019, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 07:00 PM) *

Or do tongue.gif

Khajiit can�€™t judge if Khajiit doesn�€™t know what that means!

Ahh IDDQD and IDKFA, those be Doom cheat codes. I think the first one gives you God Mode the other gives you all the weapons and key cards in the game.

cool.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 08:39 PM) *

And I think IDSYSPOD or something like that was the no clip command? It has been so long I don't remember anymore.

It was IDSPISPOPD

Ah, well if that be the case, Khajiit won’t judge because everyone is free to play games as they see fit. Just have fun!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post May 27 2019, 11:40 AM
Post #4019

Master
Group Icon

And of course, in Daggerfall dungeons, because they were huge and sprawling and randomly put together from "blocks," including teleport walls and etc. "surfing the void" became a thing.

One would place a Mark (I think it is called something else in Daggerfall) near the entrance, and then find a good place (usually a stairwell) to step through a seam- cast a Levitation spell- and you were outside the structure of the dungeon looking in....

And if you added a line to the .ini file ] and [ would zip you to all the "key" locations....

The main quest dungeons remain static- but the others...

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #4020

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ May 27 2019, 05:40 AM) *

And of course, in Daggerfall dungeons, because they were huge and sprawling and randomly put together from "blocks," including teleport walls and etc. "surfing the void" became a thing.

One would place a Mark (I think it is called something else in Daggerfall) near the entrance, and then find a good place (usually a stairwell) to step through a seam- cast a Levitation spell- and you were outside the structure of the dungeon looking in....

And if you added a line to the .ini file ] and [ would zip you to all the "key" locations....

The main quest dungeons remain static- but the others...

That sounds annoying and “cheating” sounds like a good way to minimize how annoying that can be.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 199 200 201 202 203 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:33 PM