> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #241

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2015, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 1 2015, 06:29 AM) *

I dreamed that I created a Ghoul so I could safely explore Megaton which Deeno blew up. I don't remember much except that this Ghoul was slowly descending down the pit which was once known as Megaton and he was getting +127 RADS per second but since he was a Ghoul, nothing happened to him. That's as much as I recall.

Persephone might be able to check it out, can she SubRosa? And ... how did you fix her so she can take rads? I know some places I'd like to set that up for, even if temporarily, lol.

I just copied a Rad Resitance power, I think the one that Ghouls receive. Then gave it to her with the console. Fallout doesn't have an option to assign powers to races like the ES games do.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 1 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #242

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 1 2015, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2015, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 1 2015, 06:29 AM) *

I dreamed that I created a Ghoul so I could safely explore Megaton which Deeno blew up. I don't remember much except that this Ghoul was slowly descending down the pit which was once known as Megaton and he was getting +127 RADS per second but since he was a Ghoul, nothing happened to him. That's as much as I recall.

Persephone might be able to check it out, can she SubRosa? And ... how did you fix her so she can take rads? I know some places I'd like to set that up for, even if temporarily, lol.

I just copied a Rad Resitance power, I think the one that Ghouls receive. Then gave it to her with the console. Fallout doesn't have an option to assign powers to races like the ES games do.

It always amazes me how you think out the elements of your roleplay for each character and then somehow manage to bring it to their game! This is Awesome, thank you for the info!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 12 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #243

Councilor
Group Icon

I had one this morning that was pretty scary!

Was walking along in a town that looked just like Pleasantville, USA, you know, all the lawns perfectly mowed, smack-dab in suburbia. Wasn't really paying much attention to anything. At one point I slipped and fell, and as I fell I grabbed for something to break my fall. Wound up grabbing the top-end of a picket fence, which broke in my hand. So now I'm carrying this top-end of a fence, sort of like a stake. And in the dream, I began thinking of one of my characters in TES IV: Oblivion, who just accepted some elaborate vampire quest. I realized that the stake would work perfectly for perma-killing vampires.

I continue walking up some street. All the sudden, a half-dozen figures came out of nowhere, crowded me from the front, and I knew what they were, and I was done. panic.gif Flight or fight, there it was, and either method would be useless. The "weapon" I was carrying was no good. At that moment, I realized that the sky had gotten just dark enough for them to emerge. They looked more like Twilight vampires than Cyrodiilic vampires, but the motivation for them showing up at all seems to come from what my elf has been up to lately.

It was pretty darn frightening, but I woke up immediately, thank goodness!

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 12 2015, 12:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 12 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #244

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I gotta say, Renee. That sounds like a perfect metaphoric dream; USA going from its nice and comforting ī50s feel to its present state... mellow.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 12 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #245

Ancient
Group Icon

Sounds like you were in Tranquility Lane! Were the vampires sparkling? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 12 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #246

Councilor
Group Icon

Uh oh.... looks like we got a bot alert. indifferent.gif

Funny you should bump this thread though, I do have a rather bizarre dream to share. I had it yesterday.

In real-life, my family is dealing with my uncle's old house. He was a pack rat; a hoarder. He would buy stuff stuff, literally buy all sorts of things and never use them. This includes tools, regrigerators (plural), comptuers, laptops, laptop cases, all sorts of random stuff. He was bi-polar, and I believe somewhat scizophrenic. And he was MEAN sometimes, although this depended on what day it was. But he was a hoarder, like I said. When we were going through his house a couple months ago, apparently my mom found a Logitech G930 wireless headphone set...perfect for gaming, even though he wasn't a gamer. wacko.gif I also got a couple free flatscreen TVs. Score for me, and score for my daughter!

Anyways, my dream. I was in some old Baltimore rowhouse, it was dark inside, apparently the electricity had been shut off. This place did not look exactly like my uncle's place, but the implication is that it was his place (he died recently). I don't remember the specfics, but some members of my family and some other people were outside at one point. I was the only one in the house, and it was empty of things.

Here's the weird part. I don't remember what exactly happened, but at some point I felt a "presence" inside the house. And I began to wonder if this presence is Sarah Phimm, one of my newer Oblivion characters. So I call out her name: "Sarah, are you here?" .... and I don't know if it was her, but somebody then picked me up.

I began to float around the dark room, and I felt that I was being moved around by some sort of spirit. Whether it was Sarah, I don't know, but she did respond to me calling her name. I never heard her speak though.

I was mostly awed, but also very slightly scared too. This dream was not lucid, but it felt VERY real. I felt like this spirit or whatever was a gentle being, but you know.... I'm not used to being carried around by a ghost! indifferent.gif AT some point, I decided it was time for me to be on my feet again, and also go outside, so I said "Hey Sarah, can you open the door for me? I want to go outside now." And she did. She put me down, and opened the front door for me. And I went outside, looking at my family and whoever else was out there, thinking WOW if only they knew.

Later on when I woke up, I was pretty disappointed. I've discovered I want a ghost-friend, and returning to Earth without one bummed me a little. On the other hand, I also got goosebumps all over as I was typing my dream into a Notepad page on my computer.... like what if I start floating around my room here on Earth?

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 12 2015, 03:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 12 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #247

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Friendly or not, you can always order it to stop messing with you. They have to obey.

Interesting dream, btw. Was it at all scary?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 13 2015, 12:27 AM
Post #248

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 12 2015, 09:41 AM) *

Friendly or not, you can always order it to stop messing with you. They have to obey.

Interesting dream, btw. Was it at all scary?

Yea it was a tad scary. I enjoyed the experience overall though!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 13 2015, 02:32 AM
Post #249

Ancient
Group Icon

If you daughter is strong with the Force, she might be levitating you...

That is what I get for having so much Star Wars on the brain lately.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 13 2016, 10:48 AM
Post #250

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Iīve had a couple game dreams lately but nothing to do with any Beth game. I was gonna mention one from a couple nights ago but now Iīve forgotten what it was tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 13 2016, 11:14 AM
Post #251

Master
Group Icon

One of tonight's dreams involved me playing some sort of medieval-setting top-down* fantasy game with possible multi-player capacity. Either multi-player or I was demoing the game for someone unseen or heard. (The dream itself focused solely on the game world. The 'real' world was never seen.) I had returned to the game after a lengthy absence. My character, an armored warrior with sword and maybe shield, was adventuring in an already familiar part of the map. I, as the player, was quite surprised when he discovered the entrance to an area we had somehow never noticed before.

So strong was my sense of familiarity with the game upon waking that I was firmly convinced I had actually played it at some point in the dim past. I racked my feeble brain several minutes before finally admitting that no, it was wholly fictitious.

*I have a vague recollection that, as is the way of dreams, the viewpoint occasionally shifted to other perspectives.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 15 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #252

Councilor
Group Icon

How delightful, Decrepit. I find that sometimes I'm disappointed to wake up from such a dream, one which captures my focus so enormously, to the point that I can still remember lots of details later on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
bobg
post Feb 14 2016, 01:31 AM
Post #253

Retainer

I'm not very good at remembering dreams but the one game related thing I can recall in a number of dream settings is finding I have a menu page that I need to select from regarding continuing the dream. I can never seem to figure out how the menu and it's selection options relate to anything so I get stuck there trying to figure out the menu. The menus have had different layouts at different times with icons and tiny text I couldn't quite make out but all seemed to be legitimate and yet inscrutable.

I suppose this is another variation of the standard anxiety dream where I find myself clueless about what's going on and yet I'm expected to do something.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #254

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a dream with the AntAgonizer last night. Not just one of them, but two! They both had the Antagonizer costume from Fallout 3. But it wasn't a Fallout dream. They were real superheros, with actual super abilities. The first one had a giant, human-sized ant companion. The second was even cooler, because she was Renee! Renee was the good Antagonizer, and she was fighting the evil Anty over the right to use the AntAgonizer name. Renee had super-strength, and at one point she was wrestling the giant ant and I could hear its armored exoskeleton cracking. Eventually Renee won.

There were other superheros too, though I don't remember them very well. I think Neil Gaiman's Death was one of them. The Renee/Antagonizer teamed up with them afterward.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 28 2016, 02:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 28 2016, 03:03 PM
Post #255

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Renee as the AntAgonizer! laugh.gif

I had a dream™ a couple of nights ago but I havenīt posted it because it isnīt a game dream. But now Iīll do it anyway tongue.gif

From some reason I was being pushed into moving out of my apartment and into another one not far away. And guess who was there to help me find another apartment and give me advice? SubRosa! biggrin.gif Also, Decrepit, Renee and possibly one more was there too but more in the background.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 28 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #256

Paladin
Group Icon

Two Antagonizers fighting over copywrite infringement! It sort of makes sense since Renee is the undisputed champ of creatively clever character naming. tongue.gif

Woot! Chorrol party at Chez 'Rocu! That one sort of makes sense too since SubRosa is the undisputed champ of sage advice (and she moved to a new apartment herself not too long ago). smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #257

Ancient
Group Icon

My advice on moving is to hire a professional moving company to do all the work for you. Every time I move I say I am going to do it. Every time I do it myself. Ugh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 28 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #258

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 28 2016, 10:03 AM) *

Renee as the AntAgonizer! laugh.gif

I had a dream™ a couple of nights ago but I havenīt posted it because it isnīt a game dream. But now Iīll do it anyway tongue.gif

From some reason I was being pushed into moving out of my apartment and into another one not far away. And guess who was there to help me find another apartment and give me advice? SubRosa! biggrin.gif Also, Decrepit, Renee and possibly one more was there too but more in the background.

Always take advice from our resident sage SubRosa!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 15 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #259

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh, how funny, Florens! I am an Antagonizer, but a good Antagonizer. laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I had a dream last night which had several parts, like four different parts, but only the final part was game-related. I was in some small, European-looking village at night. It was lit by gas lamps, and was very quaint & pretty. There were some people strolling down some lanes, which were (of course) perfectly clean and adorable.

But I saw a giant in the distance... a Skyrim giant. One of those huge, lumbering guys. I figure "he's peaceful, he won't harm anybody," but then there were two of these giants, and they both noticed me, and then came after me! panic.gif

I start to run, but everywhere I look, everybody around me was suddenly a "giant", even though they were merely my size. I kept running, around in circles.

Finally I became my Grey Wizard PS3 character from long ago. I could cast spells! I could throw lightning bolts and fireballs from my fingertips. I found a wall (or something) I could run on top of, so the enemies could not get me, and began trying to cast spells at them.

It was rather odd, because I now had full confidence against all these monsters, but I was not very good at being my character. Matter of fact, every magic I managed to throw either missed, or did no apparent damage. sad.gif

I woke up about then. What a fun dream, eh?

mirocu: I'll do it, sign me up. Um, you have to pay for my plane ticket to Scandinavia though.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 15 2016, 11:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 10 2016, 03:37 PM
Post #260

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I wish I had more dreams where I could cast fireballs! laugh.gif

All my dreams are usually either kvleft.gif , huh.gif or just plain wacko.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:04 PM