7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A new open-world RPG set in Medieval Europe
mALX
post Jan 15 2019, 12:28 AM
Post #101

Ancient
Group Icon

Ditto. They really limited themselves by not giving a choice in gender. I just don't enjoy playing a male character at all; it really effects my overall enjoyment in the game, unfortunately. One day I might try KCD; but that is one of the things that has kept me from leaping on it.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 16 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #102

Councilor
Group Icon

Somebody over in the new forums told me "but back then, men did all the heroic stuff" or somesuch. "Only men could become heroes." And I responded with three words: Joan of Arc. tongue.gif

...plus, I think in everyday life, there certainly were ladies who participated in more outstanding ways here and there. They were simply not recognized for their efforts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 16 2019, 10:17 PM
Post #103

Ancient
Group Icon

There have always been women in every culture and every time who stood out from the crush of misogyny and did incredible things. Things considered impossible for women to do. The Night Witches, Lyudmila Pavlichenko (Lady Death), and many other Russian women killed a crap ton of Nazis. One quarter of the SOE agents in WWII were women, such as Nancy Wake and Violette Szabo. Queen Tomyris killed Cyrus the Great (the founder of the Persian Empire). The Uppity Women books are filled with examples.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 28 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #104

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 16 2019, 04:17 PM) *

There have always been women in every culture and every time who stood out from the crush of misogyny and did incredible things.

That's always been my feeling too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 4 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #105

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 16 2019, 10:17 PM) *

There have always been women in every culture and every time who stood out from the crush of misogyny and did incredible things. Things considered impossible for women to do. The Night Witches, Lyudmila Pavlichenko (Lady Death), and many other Russian women killed a crap ton of Nazis. One quarter of the SOE agents in WWII were women, such as Nancy Wake and Violette Szabo. Queen Tomyris killed Cyrus the Great (the founder of the Persian Empire). The Uppity Women books are filled with examples.

Indeed! Pavlichenko’s story was one I enjoyed very much. They made a movie about it. She was a tough one, and her story is very inspiring.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 19 2019, 12:43 PM
Post #106

Master
Group Icon

KCD - One Year Later Youtube video by Sexy Biscuit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 25 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #107

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 19 2019, 06:43 AM) *

Daaah dahhh.... look at thsoe graphics. I mean THOSE grahpics. I mean....

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #108

Ancient
Group Icon

OOOH!!! Developers Tools so we can make mods easier and playing as Teresa = a female!!!! NOW the game has caught my interest!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 27 2019, 03:56 PM
Post #109

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 26 2019, 12:28 PM) *

OOOH!!! Developers Tools so we can make mods easier and playing as Teresa = a female!!!! NOW the game has caught my interest!

Oh yes. I am sooo there. viking.gif

Hmm. What platform to play it on though? I mean, from what I remember, my PC's specs are "just" average. And I don't really want to upgrade it because it works so flawlessly as it is. Maybe I should get a PS4. They'll have to have come down in price.

Dang. I bet those "developer tools" aren't available on consoles though, right? Dang. What would you do?

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 27 2019, 03:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 28 2019, 01:28 AM
Post #110

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 27 2019, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 26 2019, 12:28 PM) *

Oh yes. I am sooo there. viking.gif

Hmm. What platform to play it on though? I mean, from what I remember, my PC's specs are "just" average. And I don't really want to upgrade it because it works so flawlessly as it is. Maybe I should get a PS4. They'll have to have come down in price.

Dang. I bet those "developer tools" aren't available on consoles though, right? Dang. What would you do?

I doubt very much that the Editor will be available on Consoles; only on PC. My PC is almost overwhelmed by ESO; I may need to upgrade to handle KCD; but if I am going to get it = will def want to be able to mod it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 28 2019, 02:07 PM
Post #111

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes you are right. PC is the way to go, especially for Teresa. I feel more comfortable starting the game as Henry now, just to see what it's all about, then later on switching to Teresa.

I like that her name is also the name of one our Fan Fiction characters.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #112

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 28 2019, 08:07 AM) *

Yes you are right. PC is the way to go, especially for Teresa. I feel more comfortable starting the game as Henry now, just to see what it's all about, then later on switching to Teresa.

I am just wondering if she has a faint smile...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 28 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #113

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 28 2019, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 28 2019, 08:07 AM) *

I am just wondering if she has a faint smile...

That is the second thing I thought of; the first was the beautiful red hair and pale skin! I do hate that they pick your name for you; but if they are going to = at least they picked the name of someone I have loved for 10 years now!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #114

Ancient
Group Icon

Keep in mind though, from what this says:

Due to cultural differences, it is impossible to just swap the character's gender and still call the game authentic, so Warhorse is instead releasing a short questline with Teresa as a main character.

We will not be able to play the entire game as Teresa. It is just a short questline that you can play her in. So they will not be getting any of my money.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 28 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #115

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 28 2019, 02:22 PM) *

Keep in mind though, from what this says:

Due to cultural differences, it is impossible to just swap the character's gender and still call the game authentic, so Warhorse is instead releasing a short questline with Teresa as a main character.

We will not be able to play the entire game as Teresa. It is just a short questline that you can play her in. So they will not be getting any of my money.

Oh, you are kidding! Grrrrrr. That really chaps me, I don't understand why they didn't give us a choice to begin with! This right here is why Witcher hasn't captured my wallet's attention = that and the linear aspect of both games. I really prefer the open world sandbox games = don't like being forced to follow a preset course. (and certainly not as a male, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 11 2019, 03:04 PM
Post #116

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2019, 01:14 PM) *

I do hate that they pick your name for you; but if they are going to = at least they picked the name of someone I have loved for 10 years now!

Exactly, I have no problem with Teresa as her name. Besides, if there is indeed a toolket being offered, wouldn't changing names be one of the easier things? Perhaps I'm just spoiled by Beth though.

I already knew about the short questline bit. I think more research needs to be done because from what I gathered, other gamers were making it sound like we could at least roam the entire game with her. I understand we won't be able to do quests (they probably refer to Henry specifically after all, just like a Rockstar game will refer to only one protagonist).

But if we're confined to doing just that one questline, without any roaming, then meh. sad.gif I am getting too interested in Elder Scrolls Online lately anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 16 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #117

Mouth
Group Icon

The main dude behind the game is a big ol' misogynist/gamergater-type of person so it's not surprising in the slightest lmao.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 16 2019, 08:37 PM
Post #118

Ancient
Group Icon

That seems to be pretty typical in the Eastern European developers - CD Projeckt, the people who make the Stalker games, the Metro games, etc... I think the Mount and Blade people are the only ones in Eastern Europe who allow you to play a female character.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 25 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #119

Master
Group Icon

Been so absorbed in Transport Fever these past some months I've neglected to report on KCD. It's received more patches and its final DLC (A Woman's Lot). So far as I know only full mod support awaits. (It already supports limited, simple mods.) But the big news is that:

$34.79US for the base game and all DLC ain't bad at all. If you already have the base game, individual DLC, etc are also on sale.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 4 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #120

Master
Group Icon

Kingdom Come Deliverance vs Real Life, images from the game compared to modern day photos of those same locations.

BTW, I took advantage of the ongoing Steam Summer sale and bought A Woman's Lot DLC. I'm not playing KCD at the moment, but rest assured I'll get around to checking it out.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jul 4 2019, 11:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:56 AM