Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 98 99 100 101 102 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
ghastley
post May 7 2022, 01:43 PM
Post #1981

Councilor
Group Icon

I don’t not remember if that dialog with Carahil in the AU is required to complete the quest. If so, you would need to keep her.

I could not find details for UA’s use of her, but a lack of dialog means she’s probably not needed for a quest right now

Edit: In about twenty quests' time, Carahil will be needed at AU for the "Exterminate!" quest. That's late in the Red Dragon Club series.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 7 2022, 02:58 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 7 2022, 04:37 PM
Post #1982

Paladin
Group Icon

I think putting Carahil on the Council of Mages is a wise choice.

Glad you're finally rid of the Worm King. After killing him in the 4th Era, Buffy traveled back to the 2nd Era to kill him again! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 7 2022, 07:33 PM
Post #1983

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 7 2022, 04:37 PM) *

Glad you're finally rid of the Worm King. After killing him in the 4th Era, Buffy traveled back to the 2nd Era to kill him again! tongue.gif

Not surprising! He's a lich, after all, they always rise again. He'll be back in the 5th Era again, mark my words.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2022, 01:10 PM
Post #1984

Councilor
Group Icon

Two Carahils, how strange. I wonder how that happened? In my Fallout 3 game on PC there were two Jerichos in Megaton for awhile but this is due to me screwing up with the GECK.

Anvil, where hearts were entertaining June
We stood beneath the amber moons

Don't recognize this chapter's lyrics...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 12 2022, 01:37 PM
Post #1985

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2022, 01:10 PM) *

Anvil, where hearts were entertaining June
We stood beneath the amber moons

Don't recognize this chapter's lyrics...

This chapter lyrics: see here. Lovely paraphrasing, Macole! goodjob.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2022, 06:57 PM
Post #1986

Councilor
Group Icon

Hee ha Sinatra! I can see Jandaga digging some Sinatra.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post May 16 2022, 08:55 AM
Post #1987

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2022, 12:57 PM) *

Hee ha Sinatra! I can see Jandaga digging some Sinatra.

He prefers the Pink Martini version, (I use to be able to Samba) but I can still sing the Ray Conniff movie theme version.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
macole
post May 17 2022, 08:01 AM
Post #1988

Mouth
Group Icon

20220516 Midas Magic Khaza-dun
Confident now that the Council of Mages is back at full strength and ready to deal with any resurgence of the Necromancer threat, I took some time to relax. That lasted less than a day. Sitting alone in the Arch-Mage quarters eating dinner I wondered what my Ladies were doing in Cheydinhall. I packed my things and made ready to leave in the morning.

As I was passing through the lobby on my way out of the university, Salaha the lobby receptionist for the past 400 years handed me a message. The message reminded me that Ystrel should ready to try riding her bear again. I should go and see how it turned out. Using the Take Me Home spell I traveled to Cheydinhall

~~~~~

A loney Daedric Seducer Ka-Ata-Killa sat starring into the glowing embers of the Cheydinhall Manor’s fireplace. An uneasy feeling like a deep hole in her soul had its dark grip on her, pulling her mind down into the bottomless pit of despair. Something important was missing. Wings drooping, shoulders sagging, she buries her face in her hands and moans, “He said that he needed me, never would go. Oh, oh. Now I find myself sitting here all alone, oh, oh. Oh, my fantasy boy, ooh I…”

“… miss my fantasy girl.” A familiar voice sang behind her.

Kaleah spun around to see her Feache. For the briefest of moments her face lit up in a broad smile and her eyes flashed like the sun. Then just as suddenly the moon shut out the sun. Arms akimbo she declared, “Be back in a couple of days, you said! Can take care of myself, you said!”

She took a couple of steps forward, “If only you’d write me or call. A word of explanation, that's all. It would stop me climbing the wall.”

The Jandaga’s back was against the wall and Kaleah was still laying down the law as Pym and Elenya raced down the stairs from the second floor. Jumping in between Kaleah and her mark, Elenya and Pym nearly crushed the Jandaga with their welcome home hugs.

Turning to Kaleah, Elenya wagged a finger in Kaleah’s face and scolded, “What are you complaining about? You’re the one that sent him off on his own with that professional.”

Thoroughly admonished, Kaleah softened and it was hugs all around.

~~~~~

Favas Andas, the head of the Order of the Virtuous Blood, Cheydinhal Chapter joined us for dinner. He was as enthralled as my Ladies were as I recounted the highlights of my journey with Virgilia and Ystrel. They were especially attentive as I described Khaza-dun.

Only Favas was hesitant to idea of exploring Khaza-dun. Not being the adventuring type, Favas was content to stay in Cheydinhall and tend to the Chapter House. And so it was that the next morning, my Ladies and I left for Bruma with a stop by Khaza-dun on the way.

It was uneventful trek up the mountain trail to Frostcrag Spire where we spent the night. The next morning, well rested and anxious to get going we gathered up our gear and went in search of Khaza-dun.
The sound of snow crunching was the only sound we made as I led my Ladies across the frozen peak to Khaza-dun. The gate of Khaza-dun was in sight when we were attacked by a small patrol of Goblins guarding the entrance.

“Khaza-dun?” Elenya mused aloud. “Sounds familiar and has an uneasy feeling to it.”

Entering Moria Mines, we traveled along the long dark tunnel of the Goblin topaz mine. We expected Goblins and we weren’t disappointed. From the dark depths of the mine, wild eyed and screaming battle cries they came at us. By the way they fought it felt more like they were fleeing and we’re in the way.

“Jandaga,” Elenya, who can understand some goblin, called out to me. “They’re yelling Valarauko or Valaraukar. It means demon.”

The Mine of Moria tunnel eventually led us to the gates of the Ayleid structure, Khaza-dun. Ayleid it was, I couldn’t help but wonder why would they hide it so far underground? What treasure is it protecting?

In typical Ayleid fashion, Khaza-dun was maze of deadly blade traps. Aside from the traps a couple of goblins and a few trolls was all Khaza-dun offered to stop us.

The maze of Khaza-dun came to an end at the stone door leading to the Great Chamber. Here in the dark distance we could see the giant creature of flame. The towering inferno was battling a small army of goblins many of which lay dead on the Great Chamber floor. So this is why the goblins were so fanatical in their attempt to get passed us.

“Balrog!” Elenya and Kaleah exclaimed in horror.

It must have heard us. With a finale sweep of its flaming blade the Balrog swept away the last of the goblins and turned its attention toward us. The battle was on. Kaleah readied her bow while Elenya and Pym raced to meet the beast of fire and shadow. After summoning the Sisters of Insanity, an angel, and a Dremora Lord I joined in with my most powerful ranged lightening attacks.

The battle was a long and difficult dance. The hope that fighting with the Goblins would have weakened the demon was lost early on. Showing no sign of injury the Balrog kept us hopping with the extreme reach of his flaming sword. The Balrog laugh as we darted in and out but we persisted and eventually the little cuts at the knees took their toll. As the Balrog slowed my aim with the lightning bolts improved with devastating effects. The beast fell and all was quiet.

Well, all except for the tussle between Angel and the Sisters of Insanity over bragging rights on who got the most hits. That went on until their summons timed out (happens all the time).

“My, my. So this is where the White Wizard dropped you,” I said, looking down at the smoldering body Duria’s Bane.

We collected some pretty good stuff off the Balrog, Duria’s Bane; his large Flame Sword, a Balrog Horn, and the Key to Oblivion.

The name Key to Oblivion gave Kaleah the shivers. She wanted nothing to do with the Key. When we found a door and I decided to open it with the key she became very tense. To be honest, she wasn’t alone.

All of us were on edge as the key turned and the door swung open. A sigh of relief echoed throughout Khaza-dun when all we saw was a red crystal floating above an Ayleid font, the Prime Morpholith. Midas certainly would like this. He might even have a recipe or two requiring it.

Later, as we were walking back to Frostcrag Spire Kaleah stepped up alongside me and cooed sweetly, “Well, my wanna be bard, that was one fine pickle you got us into. Couldn’t you have at least given us a song to dance to?”

“I wanted to but all I could think of was… "

“I don't want a pickle,
I just want to ride on my motor-cicle.
And I don't want a tickle,
I'd rather ride on my motor-cicle.
And I don't want to die
I just want to ride on my motor-cy-cle.”

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 17 2022, 08:29 PM
Post #1989

Paladin
Group Icon

A fun reunion! Great to see the gang all back together again. And it took the whole gang, augmented with some summons to defeat that balrog. Pretty good loot though. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 23 2022, 07:28 AM
Post #1990

Mouth
Group Icon

20220523 Mafreseli
(A Dungeon and Player Home mod that’s been collecting dust just sitting in my collection since 2012, about time I go see what it looks like. Almost certain Mafreseli conflicts with HESU’s Skyrim Temple which I’d like to see, maybe next time. Two issues; at first the snowy peak was muddy brown, I was able to fix. next, two Ayleid Steps are suspended high in the air. That will take some time.)

After spending the night at Frostcrag Spire we packed up and left for Bear Rider Lodge outside Bruma. The uneventful trip went quickly. Half a day later we strolled into the Bear Rider Lodge were we found Gudrun in the common room eating lunch. Sitting down at her table we asked Gudrun about Ystrel and the hesitant bear.

The report is good. After a week of eating like a Nord, drinking like a Nord, and sleeping with a Nord (that was Ystrel’s idea, Gudrun told me) the bear now accepts Ystrel as its rider. Ystrel is now able to mount her bear and is eager to begin patrolling the Valus Mountains.

Ystrel had joined us at the lunch table as I was talking to Gudrun. I could hear her telling my Ladies about the value of scent.

“There's more to that scent thing than I realized. After a few days of Nord diet, the Nord men seemed a lot more attractive then before.”

After awhile, as we were leaving the Bear Rider Lodge Ystrel offered me a gift for helping her with the bear, a stuffed white teddy bear. Too cute.

With the Valus Patrol quest taken care of the rest of the day was spent touring the Bruma shops and relaxing at Olav’s. Then at the end of the day we retired to our Bruma home where I was greeted by the heady scent of fresh cut flowers. The house filled with fragrant cut flowers.

My house-sitter, Kiyana the Ohmes-Raht, was talking in whispers with My Ladies and by the sideways glances they were giving me I knew the four of them were plotting something. Seeking to escape their schemes I went to bed to get some sleep and inadvertently fell into their trap.

It was during the rather late breakfast the next day when I asked my Ladies, “Is there anything you like to do before we check in at Merendin and tackle the Grey Maybe?”

“You promised to take us to Dive Rock,” was their reply. How could I refuse? We packed our gear and left as soon as we were ready.

Where is Dive Rock? Somewhere high in the Valus Mountains, I’m sure. We saw it once high above us when we were at Aerin’s Camp. With a vague idea on how to get there we took the northeastern mountain trail intending to stop at Cheydinhal before climbing up into the Valus.

It was beginning to get dark, when we arrived at Frostcrag Spire. It occurred to me then that since we were already high in the mountains that might be possible to travel along the ridgeline to get to Dive Rock. It surely wouldn’t hurt to take a detour to Khaza-dun to take a look. From a vantage point just east of Khaza-dun a ridgeline route does look promising. We’ll spend the night at Frostcrag Spire and give it a try tomorrow.

“If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there.”

Traveling the ridgeline was rather easy. We were making very good progress and the hopes of finding Dive Rock this way was beginning to look very promising when we were struck by an unexpected sight. High on a Jeral peak we found the ruins of an Ayleid villa.

“Is that Sanfrancisco?” Elenya asked.

“What?”

“You’ve been singing about going to a place called Sanfrancisco all morning, is this it?” Elenya restated.

“Umm, no, SanFrancisco is a mythical land filled with love, peace, and happiness and other such broken dreams. I remember the tales sung by the family bards in the days before my family was massacred. They never said where it was so I doubt it truly exists.”

We didn’t see any activity outside but still we approached with caution. The door of the first building we came to was open. Seeing no one about, we entered an Ayleid building, Mafreseli, Nagasel. It’s a mausoleum; well maintained and currently occupied. Amazing!

The lighting was had an eerie green tinge to it and the air was frosty, not unbearable but enough to cause goose-bumps.

Ayleid,” Kaleah said. “I haven’t been to an occupied Ayleid villa in ages. Such parties, we used to have back then.”

Spotting a couple of Mafreseli’s occupants, we called out a friendly hello. Apparently they do not take well to strangers in Mafreseli. Their response to our hello was muscle numbing frost spells. Not liking the frost effect on their hairdos, My Ladies launched a successful counterattack.

“Something’s not right,” Kaleah said as she was trying on a set the newly acquired chain armor. “These Ayleid, look at them. It’s like they’ve been transformed. Ooh, I like the way these greaves fit. What do you think?”

I’ve learned that saying “Looks Good” is always best. That way if she decides she doesn’t like it then it’s not your fault. Unless, of course she’s asking “Does it make me look fat?” then nothing works.

At the end of the mausoleum hall an Embellished Door opened to Morisel. Five Transformed Ayleid fighters gave us an enthusiastic reception. While fighting the Transformed Ayleids we quickly learned to hug the wall and avoid the edge of the pool deck.

Yes one could fall off the platform into the dark pool of water and drown but that wasn’t the problem. The real danger was the twelve Dark Red Welkynd Stone traps that hung suspended over the dark water. Get within their range and they’ll quickly turn you into an ice sculpture with they’re frost spells.

Having neutralized the first group of Transformed Ayleids the walkway crossing the pool became available to us. But, there’re a couple issues. First, there’s a series of gates that need to be opened in order to cross. The other thing is that there’re more Transformed Ayleids waiting their chance to stop us from crossing. Clearing the bridge takes time, time enough for the dark red welkynd stones to target and begin firing.

After being beat back a couple of several times, we retreated back to Nagasel to review our options.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 23 2022, 11:43 AM
Post #1991

Mouth
Group Icon

After a week of eating like a Nord, drinking like a Nord, and sleeping with a Nord (that was Ystrel’s idea, Gudrun told me) the bear now accepts Ystrel as its rider.

Brilliant idea, Ystrel! wink.gif I wonder if she will want to stop doing that after just one week? Perhaps the bear was just an excuse... ohmy.gif

That Mafreseli mod looks fantastic! And difficult... "Not suitable for characters under level 25"! ohmy.gif Still, got to have it, when I'm back from Morrowind. But I too have HESU Skyrim Temple and a Dwemer Ruin just North of it, so some patching seems to be required. I don't have Ayleid steps though.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post May 23 2022, 06:33 PM
Post #1992

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ May 23 2022, 05:43 AM) *

After a week of eating like a Nord, drinking like a Nord, and sleeping with a Nord (that was Ystrel’s idea, Gudrun told me) the bear now accepts Ystrel as its rider.

Brilliant idea, Ystrel! wink.gif I wonder if she will want to stop doing that after just one week? Perhaps the bear was just an excuse... ohmy.gif

DISCLAIMER: the Like A Nord line is from the nod creator Ghastley. So good I had to include it.

That Mafreseli mod looks fantastic! And difficult... "Not suitable for characters under level 25"! ohmy.gif Still, got to have it, when I'm back from Morrowind. But I too have HESU Skyrim Temple and a Dwemer Ruin just North of it, so some patching seems to be required. I don't have Ayleid steps though.

Difficult? Yeah, I'm level 34 and I'm taking a beating but it sure does look nice.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 24 2022, 06:39 PM
Post #1993

Paladin
Group Icon

Mafreseli definitely looks beautiful and deadly. Not gonna 'meet some gentle people there.' Have you tried running the dungeon with flowers in your hair? Just a thought. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 24 2022, 08:34 PM
Post #1994

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 24 2022, 12:39 PM) *

Mafreseli definitely looks beautiful and deadly. Not gonna 'meet some gentle people there.' Have you tried running the dungeon with flowers in your hair? Just a thought. tongue.gif

Flowers in my hair, now there's a thought. Like Ystrel said, the scent is everything.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Jun 5 2022, 07:33 AM
Post #1995

Mouth
Group Icon

20220605 Mafreseli
After retreating to Nagasel we rested to repair and recharge body and weaponry, we discussed tactics. It was not lost upon us that the transformed were not having any cold issues. A check of their armor showed why, every piece in the set had a 10% Frost Shield enchantment. No wonder they didn’t seem to be bothered by the cold.

I donned the frost shield enchanted armor and back into the Morisel room we went. It’s light armor and I don’t feel well protected but the frost shield enchantments made the difference. The frost spells of the dark red welkynd stones became little more than a nuisance as we explored the area.

The containers we discovered held small items; rings, amulets, and other such things. Some were enchanted and valuable though most were not. There were a few items Umbacano would have paid dearly to see had he not already died trying to use the crown of Lindai in Nenalata. Ayleid statues were everywhere. The most intriguing item we found was the red varla stone. Kaleah and Elenya proclaimed the red Mafre Varla Stone to be cursed.

Placing the stone in my pack I thought, “Sova at the Archeology Guild might be interested in this.”

Opening the gates we crossed the bridge over the dark pool of water. The winding corridor led us to a staircase leading up to a room. We could hear more of the Transformed talking as we approached the top of the stairs. They heard us and attacked. Fighting in the confines of the staircase did not go well. We were beaten back time and time again. After several attempts we retreated from Nagasel, back to the open air to recover.

Walking around the outer courtyard of Mafreseli we marveled at the structures. There were three large cathedral-like buildings flanking a huge marble and crystal statue of Azura, a lighthouse, and two smaller outbuildings the larger of which, Nagasel we had just exited. The central cathedral’s promenade was lit by large purple lanterns. The warm purple light invited us to enter Arpenasel.

“Look Feache, are hose Ayleid Steps floating in the sky?” Kaleah said pointing out the seemingly impossible situation.

Arpenasel was just a long hallway or the antechamber to Malasel. We had interrupted two Ayleids. Don’t know what they were doing but they separated quickly and as expected attack. My Ladies made short work of the two and we pressed ahead to an embellished door.

The embellished door opened to the great hall, Malasel. Large braziers burned brightly to the left and right of us while ahead of us a wide staircase rose up to a central dais. On either side of the staircase were open arches leading to an anteroom. Malasel definitely has the look of an impressive throne room.

At first we thought the place was vacant, and then as we proceeded across the hall we noticed movement, Transformed could be seen pacing back and forth through the openings of the anteroom. Someone on top of the dais moved to the head of the staircase.

They spotted us. The four Ayleids, an Archeologist, an Excavator, and their bodyguards charged. One Ayleid woman stood out from the others. Wearing armor that turned my ladies green with envy, Treana the Archeologist drew her sword and all hell broke loose.

The slightest touch from that glowing green sword dropped Elenya like a stone. Well more like a feather as she kind of floated to the ground where she lay paralyzed unable to move for the longest time. While Kaleah and Pym were distracted by the two bodyguards, the two females advanced upon me. They both wielded glowing green swords. It was time to call for my usual reinforcements. The Sisters of Insanity and Marcus arrived just in the nick of time.

With aid from the Sisters and Markus, my Ladies and I defeated the Ayleids. Racing up the stairs we found a throne set before an Ayleid Well. I imagined the king of Mafreseli sitting on the throne using the power of the well to the benefit of the city or was it more diabolical in nature as Kaleah says, blood sacrifices to the cities Daedra patron god. Oh, that’s a gruesome thought but she could be right.

Quickly we crossed the bridge to the stairwell on the other side. Here we took the hallway to the right which led to the doors of Aranesel, the King’s Hall. Of course it was occupied by the male counter parts to the female Excavator and Archeologist we encountered in the throne room.

Equally as dangerous as the pair in Malasel, here in Aranesel the Head Archeologist and Excavator were at a disadvantage; they had no bodyguards. The fight was so much easier without the distraction.

Having defeated the Head Archeologist and Excavator we searched Aranesel, King’s Hall. At the west end of Aranesel we found enchanting and spell making stations. Small statues of Azura stood in the font of each station. The east end of the room was the sleeping chamber; a double bed fit for the royal couple. The center section contained a desk. On the desk sat a red cursed varla stone and a mysterious crystal skull.

Activating the push-block on the wall separating the office area from the sleeping section opened a concealed door in the northern wall. Through the doorway and beyond a small waiting room a hallway leads us to the king’s private bath. A huge heated bath truly fit for a king!

After taking care of the pool monitors we had a nice relaxing soak in the steamy water before returning to the king’s quarters.

There’s a second push-block on the western side of the office area. Intrigued by the pool we wondered what marvel this switch would bring. With a push a doorway in the southern wall opened. Another extraordinary Ayleid statue on a pedestal sits in the center of a four-way intersection. Straight-a-way south we go, down a flight of steps, and through a door to a seemingly dead-end room. Activating a push-block switch opened a doorway in the wall.

Leaving the antechamber through the newly revealed doorway we found ourselves, much to our surprise, standing behind the altar of Mafreseli’s temple. Five worshipers didn’t take kindly to our sudden appearance. They quieted down considerably after a few moments of preaching from my Ladies.

A private entrance to the temple, hmmm. Makes me think instead of a king perhaps the Ayleid ruler of Mafreseli was also the high priest or priestess.

The impressive statue of Azura at the head of the altar confirms that Azura was the primary deity of Mafreseli. The question is what gods or should I say goddesses are represented by the other six statues.

“Jandaga, I feel this beautiful place fights against nature,” Elenya said. “We should leave it.”

“Yes,” I agreed. “I can't get a grasp on its song either. Let’s return to the King’s Hall, get some sleep, and we’ll leave in the morning,”

Not sure but Azura must be pleased with us ridding the temple of the Transformed. Touching the altar as I passed by I received a healing blessing.

On our return to Aranesel, my Ladies took the position of “loot first sleep later”. As my Ladies looted King’s Hall, I sat down at the desk to examine the cursed red varla stone and the crystal skull. Not liking the look of the blood red varla stone I ignored it and picked up the crystal skull. Touching it granted me the power to transport to Mafreseli.

“Feache, look at this.” Kaleah was holding out a book. “I took it off the corrupted Ayleid leader.”

Giving the book a quick glance told me that it’s a journal written by a Head Archeologist. Setting the book on the desk, I thanked Kaleah and told her I’d read it in the morning.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 6 2022, 08:30 PM
Post #1996

Paladin
Group Icon

The beautiful but deadly big Ayleid ruin continues! So much marble. And those final statues of Azura and her attendants were absolutely huge, completely dwarfing the Jandaga and his crew!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jun 10 2022, 11:24 PM
Post #1997

Mouth
Group Icon

20220610 Mafreseli – Burosel and Morisel – the way out

The book Kaleah gave me turned out to be a journal written by a Head Archeologist. Setting the book on the desk, I thanked Kaleah and told her I’d read it in the morning.

Up before everyone, after the morning ritual I sat down at the desk and began reading the personal journal of the head archeologist sent by Raminus to investigate the recently discovered site of Mafreseli. The Head Archeologist describes eight major areas of Mafreseli and the doom of his expedition. Imagine, mages of command rank being unable to manage a blizzard! Inconceivable!

According to the journal, we were wrong about the Ayleids in Mafreseli or at least I was at any rate. Kaleah was correct in saying that there was something wrong with these Ayleids. They’re not Ayleids. They’re all that’s left of the Mages Guild 50-man archeology expedition who are being transformed into Ayleids.

I’m not sure that’s accurate either. With their pale features and snow white hair the transformed bear little likeness to the few Ayleids we’ve encountered while working with the Stranded Light. Falmer or Snow Elves would be more like it. Who knows for sure? There are dark rumors of Dwemer betraying the Falmer and performing all sorts of depraved, evil rituals upon them.

Kaleah, who with Elenya and Pym, had risen and had come to stand beside me said, “Over the ages, there’s been more than one kind of Mer warring in these frozen peaks.”

The Head Archeologist in his journal offers no cause this transformation. He does however offer some clues; cursed blood sucking varla stones, a cache of strange blood-red soul gems, and a strange crystal skull (he was wrong to fear touching the skull). Could be that breaking the strange blood-red soul gems released the souls of captured Ayleids or as I like to think, Falmer. The released souls, having been corrupted by some evil (Dwemer?) force, then latched onto the living members of the archeology expedition.

Then the journal just suddenly ends, when he writes in Ayleidoon, “MAFRESELI NA ANGUE!”

“That’s it? No explanation?”

Suddenly Seymore, a light shown in the darkness. In all the major areas we’ve looted we’ve come across not one inkwell or quill. Not one and somehow the Head Archeologist kept a journal. Standing there starring at each other, our whisper reverberated throughout the many halls of Mafreseli… “Feyfolken.”

Leaving Mafreseli the way we came in, through the great hall of Malasel. Discussing the transformation dilemma and all the many possibilities on how it happened had a grip on our attention. So engrossed in the dreamland fantasy talk, we missed a turn and entered Burosel, "Servants' Hall".

Burosel by the name indicated this was the servants sleeping quarters. Of course the Transformed warriors stationed here objected to our intrusion. Mafreseli servants had it pretty nice here I was thinking as we looked over the sleeping quarters after all objections to our presence had been answered.

The door at the far end of the servants’ quarters opened to public bath. Unbelievably huge, the steamy pool was nearly as big as the private bath in Aranesel, the king's personal chambers.

Another set of doors opened outside to the courtyard. Night had fallen, tired we headed back inside to Burosel where there were beds enough for all of us.

The next morning trying to avoid the frigid cold outdoors, we retraced our steps back to Aranesel to leave Mafreseli through the temple Ageasel, "Hall of Wisdom".

“Jandaga,” Elenya asked. “Did you notice the Lamia statues in both baths?”

“Yes, I noticed. Kind of odd, I think. Wonder if there is any significance to it?”

It did seem kind of strange.

Well it happened again. Lost in thought, we took the wrong turn and ended up in the deadly trap-filled halls of Morisel. Were we just not paying attention or was something pulling us into Morisel? We didn’t realize our mistake until we entered a small room containing two of the Snow-Blood Welkynd stone traps.

One snow-blood welkynd stone trap is dangerous enough but two traps in one small room throwing paralyzing frost spells on alternating cycles is a recipe for disaster.

Run, ignore the Transformed and run to the other door,” I ordered. Of course my Ladies obeyed me… after slaying the three Transformed warriors who got in the way.

Somewhere in the middle of Morisel’s maze of rooms we stumbled on another shrine dedicated to Azura. The fixation on Azura is one reasons I question Mafreseli being Ayleid.

Well there’s no one here to object, the Cursed Blood-filled Mafre Varla Stone and green Mafre Welkynd Stone sitting on the altar are free for the taking. Oh, how I’d like to get my hands on an inactive Snow-Blood Welkynd stone to take back to the Archeology Guild for Sova to study. There has got to be a way to disable them.

Fighting our way from one room to another Morisel’s winding hallways finally carried us to an exit to the outside world. Down the mountainside away from the main buildings of Mafreseli we found ourselves standing on the stoop of a small entrance to Morisel.

“Glad we’re out of that labyrinth,” Kaleah said with a sigh of relief.

“Labyrinth, that reminds me of story of Theseus,” I said. “Wouldn’t it be something if Mafreseli was involved with sacrificial tribute, six maidens devoured by lamiae.”

“That old myth? “ countered Kaleah. “Pure fiction!”

“Oh, it’s true enough but it was a Minotaur,” added Elenya with conviction . “Look, is that a campfire down there.”

“Yes. I think I know that place. Let’s go!

All thought of trying to make sense of Mafreseli vanished as we carefully make our way down to where we saw campfire smoke.

This post has been edited by macole: Jun 11 2022, 03:54 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 11 2022, 03:31 PM
Post #1998

Paladin
Group Icon

Great pics and neat exploration of that giant Ayleid ruin. What a fabulous bath! Looks like the mod author had tons of fun and put lotsa TLC into that ruin.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 14 2022, 01:57 PM
Post #1999

Councilor
Group Icon

For Mafraseli (dang, spelled that wrong... MafrEseli) I like how you 'explain' their lack of issues with cold due to their armor. smile.gif

Wow, look how clean Nagasei is. blink.gif The specular shine (whatever it's called) seems enhanced. Wait, where are they? Is this Elsweyr? ... That's what the outdoor pic looks like, desert.

Archaeologists are dangerous! I like at the end when Kaleah brings Jandaga a book, and he's too tired to read it! laugh.gif

For The Way Out, wow, what a revelation, that these are not really Ayleids at all.

That pool of water they're swimming in looks inviting, but also really ... remote and spooky as well. Like, I'd be tempted to jump in, but worried something's gonna grab us as we're trying to relax. indifferent.gif

EDIT: Congrats on getting to Page 100 of this Oblivion Spoilers thread, macole. cake.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 14 2022, 01:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jun 14 2022, 05:27 PM
Post #2000

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 14 2022, 07:57 AM) *

Wow, look how clean Nagasei is. blink.gif The specular shine (whatever it's called) seems enhanced. Wait, where are they? Is this Elsweyr? ... That's what the outdoor pic looks like, desert.

That's' the dirty snow that I have tried to brighten. It still looks bad under certain atmospheric conitions. I would not recommend using Oblion Reloaded. It does some things good and a lot of changes I don't like.

EDIT: Congrats on getting to Page 100 of this Oblivion Spoilers thread, macole. cake.gif

Thanks but it took more than just me to get here. I would like to share the cake with everyone who have left their comments. cake.gif Thank you all, I hope you heave enjoyed the adventure.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 98 99 100 101 102 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:35 PM