Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Companionable Adventure of Sir J'Zirlo of New Kvatch
McBadgere
post Mar 29 2012, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

This story has characters which will eventually appear in the fiction of Knights of The Nine - New Kvatch, and is part of that story's timeline, so to help, here are a couple of links to it's characters and the timeline that it follows...

Please enjoy!...

Dramatis Personnae

KOTN Timeline

11/02/13
-------------------------------------------------------

Original post start

Umm...I started doing some journal thing for the Khajiit character I created for Skyrim, called J'Zirlo...It does fit in with the KOTN:NK storyline, but, as with the main story, it's taken on a life of its own and is expanding rapidly into the realm of fan-fic rather than what should be in the "What you're doing" thread...

So I beg your indulgance for the less heavygoing in the Divine/Timejumping-ness journal of Sir J'Zirlo of New Kvatch...

Oh, btw...Cunningly concealed within the journal are spoilers to the entire Companions questline...If you've done it, it's fine...If you don't want to be spoiled...*Shrugs*... biggrin.gif ...

The first bit is the original thing I posted after I created J'Zirlo...The rest is the journal as it stands so far, any new bits won't be as long...What do you mean Hooray? huh.gif ..

Thank you...

----------------------------

"To where are you bound, friend Shaade?" J'zirlo asked.

"Riften. J'Drell asked me to see if I can muster up anything there. You?"

"Aaah...Khajiit is headed for Winterhold. That is where my scrawny reared kitten of a brother was headed. To that college up on the hill."

"A mage?" asked the Imperial Knight. "I had no idea."

"HAH!...He wishes." The large khajiit laughed. "No, he has grand ideas...But...Ach...Khajiit does his kin a great disservice. J'zargo is a decent warrior in his own right, just...Not as good as I." J'zirlo raised an eyebrow.

"Well, khajiit goes left, you, my friend, go right."

Shaade ran her hand down the length of her ponytail to straighten it, then held her hand out to J'zirlo. They clasped forearms.

"May your bed be free from fleas." She said with a smirk.

"Hah! And may your knees be ever free of arrows!" the khajiit repied with a smile.

"J'zirlo thinks that friend Shaade should smile more often. It is a beautiful sight."

The Imperial blushed, smiled and looked down at the floor. Then she pulled the khajiit close and kissed his cheek.

"Stay safe J'zirlo. Thank you."

And they parted.

J'zirlo watched Shaade walk south-east down the road for a while.

She looked back once and smiled.

The khajiit felt something in his heart stir.

"Until next time mii-kiit..." he said quietly, turned to his road, and walked, humming to himself.

------------------

...From the journals of General Sir J'Zirlo of New Kvatch, brother of Blademaster J'Zargo "The Magnificent".

Khajiit are not ones for journal writing. We find it tiresome. Actions speak louder than words and assorted cliches. And I know of at least one officious clerk that will attest to the pen absolutely failing to be mightier than the sword.

And yet, I find that I must write something. Events lately have been...Strange, to say the least.

Once Helgen was secured and re-settled, we - the Knights - were divided off and sent on our missions. Friends Caerellin, Dinasafon and Shaade...Ah! Shaade...Hah...Sorry, got lost musing. They were sent to do what it is they do best, and Olffson and I were sent to Whiterun to make contact with a group we were told were the "Fighters Guild of Skyrim" by the Commander.

Friend Dinas decided that he would be better off alone and left swiftly and silently. The Commander laughed and said, "Just like his father!" but then suddenly went all sullen and told us to leave. I understand not the ways of Argonians. They are a strange race.

Anyhow, the four of us left Helgen with our packs and walked merrily, joking and laughing our way down towards Riverwood. Well, I say we...Caerellin and Olfsson mostly joked, Shaade and I mostly laughed. She has a particular laugh I noticed. It is...Nice...

We made good time down from Helgen, which was a heartfelt joy, as under the late evening summer sun, Riverwood is beautiful. Fortunately, the wolves that shadowed us all the way down, kept away.

In a way that made both Shaade and I laugh, at exactly the same time, both Olfsson and Caerellin said, "Oooh!" and made for seperate directions. Olfsson to the forge he'd seen and Caerellin to the shop that some "pretty" (as far as I'm any judge!) woman had entered.

Shaade shook her head and said she would go and find friend Ralof's sister. I bade her be careful. She smiled. Aaah!..

I made my way to the forge. Olfsson was already bare chested and beating out some metal! That Nord is unstoppable I tell you! Anyways, between us, we took all of the stunned blacksmith's stock of smithing supplies and produced a small stack of weapons and armour - which would keep him in coin for many months, I say with some pride! - in a matter of small hours.

While all this was going on, friends Caerellin and Shaade appeared and declared they were leaving to do something in a barrow...Well, each to their own. Little did I know, it would be some time before I saw Shaade again, else I would have made more of a thing of her leaving. Ah well, the moons still cross the sky and other assorted cliches!

When Caerellin returned alone, and also bade us farewell, little did I know how things would change.

-------------------------------------

As the end of the daylight had been lost to helping the 'smith clear up his forge, Olfsson and I decided to accept the hospitality of friend Ralof's sister. However, we discovered that there was only one bed available. Olfsson looked at me and said, "We're not that close". The whole household erupted in laughter. Khajiit politely offered to stay at the inn, to which Gurdur said, "Only at our expense, with our apologies. But first, you dine with us." You couldn't find better peoples (or cooks, as it happens) anywhere.

Next morning, the Nord and I walked down a winding picturesque part-cobbled road. Suddenly we heard sounds of battle coming from the valley. Looking about us with life detect to check for prying eyes, we cast the speed fortifyer and rushed down to the valley floor.

Several people were fighting - with less than brilliant success - a Giant. Lest we tip our hand, we both slowed to normal speed and ran towards the battle.

Olfsson, as is his wont, charged at the Giant with his shoulder down. Knowing that at the last moment he would augment his speed and strength, I watched as he collided with the towering menace. The Giant toppled over onto a fence, the post of which skewered it through and out the stomach. He roared and tried to arch his back. I ran to the other end of the bearded aggressor, and, as he looked pleading at me, I removed his pain made of this world.

I turned to see Olfsson deep in conversation with a slight, yet obivously well able, red-headed Nord. As the party turned towards the city further into the valley, Olfsson turned back towards I and nodded. It seemed we had found the Companions.

My journey would have been quiet had it not been for the Olfsson-like Nord called Farkas that joined me, and began conversing with me about Heavy-Armour, a topic very close to my heart. A joy to finally meet someone as well able to discuss the intricacies of multi-weave metals and the despair of threading leather straps through Orichalium!!. A true master of Heavy-Armour I had found in Farkas, a Brother-in-Armour!!

And so I spent the hour of my journey to Jorvaskr - or however you spell the damned place - happy. A feeling that, sadly, was not to last.

------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Feb 11 2013, 07:35 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Athynae
post Apr 17 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

I second Acadian's comment absolutely.
He is a very likeable combination of humility and awesomeness – just a wonderful character!

These posts weren't overly long and there is much to see in the little stuff. I liked the back drop of the brawl, reminds me of some of the 'duck in/ waddle out' places back in the day, biggrin.gif.

I as enjoying this one for what it is, a lovely story to follow. I am enjoying every word of it.

--------------------
"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action." - Mae West (Hush Foxy)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
McBadgere   The Companionable Adventure of Sir J'Zirlo of New Kvatch   Mar 29 2012, 06:18 AM
mALX   Loved the whole scene with J'zirlo and Shaad...   Mar 29 2012, 05:19 PM
King Coin   Great story so far, I hope to follow this one bett...   Mar 29 2012, 10:26 PM
Acadian   Okay, I hereby nickname your delightful character:...   Mar 30 2012, 12:11 AM
Grits   Yay, J’Zirlo’s journal! How fun to imagine Far...   Mar 30 2012, 01:15 AM
McBadgere   Cheers all... mALX - Thank you for all that... :D...   Mar 30 2012, 06:37 PM
Acadian   ’The valley is littered with farms, windmills turn...   Mar 31 2012, 12:23 AM
Athynae   Finally I made it, yay me, and I'm almost brea...   Mar 31 2012, 02:22 AM
King Coin   I found it kind of funny that Khajiit aren't a...   Mar 31 2012, 02:57 PM
Grits   I love how Caerellin got “Jack” into the city. Tha...   Apr 2 2012, 10:05 PM
Zalphon   "Looks like one. Sounds like one. Bet if i...   Apr 3 2012, 02:30 AM
mALX   I know one Skingrad man that doesn't go out in...   Apr 3 2012, 03:48 PM
McBadgere   Thank ye all, I'm glad you're enjoying...M...   Apr 4 2012, 04:39 AM
mALX   Well, we def know his political bent, odd choice f...   Apr 4 2012, 06:24 PM
Acadian   ’likely that the three of us Knights could take co...   Apr 5 2012, 12:10 AM
King Coin   The commentary about the legion uniform made me th...   Apr 5 2012, 01:37 AM
McBadgere   mALX...Not sure about that, they're up against...   Apr 5 2012, 01:15 PM
mALX   GAAAAAH! What? How is Robert McWylde livin...   Apr 5 2012, 06:35 PM
McBadgere   Ummm...McWylde died 50 years earlier (as mentioned...   Apr 5 2012, 06:55 PM
mALX   Ummm...McWylde died 50 years earlier (as mentione...   Apr 5 2012, 06:59 PM
McBadgere   Lol... :D ...Sorry, it's my fault... This sto...   Apr 5 2012, 07:33 PM
Acadian   Loved the bit about each of the knights having a d...   Apr 6 2012, 12:13 AM
Grits   So much to love in this line!! I once t...   Apr 6 2012, 01:36 AM
McBadgere   Yes, I know...Another bit...But I think that all f...   Apr 6 2012, 12:52 PM
mALX   Sounds like Farkas chose the wrong tree to lift ...   Apr 6 2012, 05:25 PM
Acadian   ‘No more to be challenged by the challenged.’ Very...   Apr 7 2012, 12:18 AM
Athynae   Begging many pardons for getting so far behind my ...   Apr 7 2012, 05:26 PM
Grits   I love the exchange between Danica and Farkas...   Apr 7 2012, 07:57 PM
Colonel Mustard   Excellent stuff! Loved the descriptions of the...   Apr 8 2012, 09:22 AM
McBadgere   mALX - :D ...I was going more with the ashamed an...   Apr 8 2012, 11:53 AM
Colonel Mustard   Well, not tons to say, seeing as not tons happened...   Apr 8 2012, 12:40 PM
mALX   (Wolf howl) Farkas found a friend !! I ...   Apr 8 2012, 03:47 PM
Acadian   My advantage here is the same as my disadvantage: ...   Apr 9 2012, 12:43 AM
King Coin   challenged by the challenged :lol: Interesting w...   Apr 9 2012, 02:09 AM
Athynae   Wonderful again, the visual of the entrance and th...   Apr 9 2012, 12:16 PM
McBadgere   My many thankses to all of you...*Bows head in gra...   Apr 15 2012, 05:03 AM
Colonel Mustard   Well, according to various bits and pieces we...   Apr 15 2012, 07:02 AM
King Coin   Traditional Nordic sounds. :lol: Wolfshead. I agr...   Apr 15 2012, 07:58 PM
Acadian   This was a fun and rowdy romp through the mead hal...   Apr 16 2012, 01:04 AM
Grits   Neat observation about Dragonsreach, all those tim...   Apr 16 2012, 05:20 AM
McBadgere   Oh look, Robert is posting something...Well, it...   Apr 16 2012, 05:27 PM
Acadian   This was most enjoyable to read. Some nice insigh...   Apr 17 2012, 12:41 AM
McBadgere   Thankee both so much...There's usually so much...   Apr 18 2012, 01:36 PM
Grits   Everyone filed out of Jorrvaskr after us, to watch...   Apr 18 2012, 11:22 PM
Acadian   A fortify speed spell, the blurred clatter of kata...   Apr 19 2012, 12:13 AM
Athynae   Oopsie...fun has a way sometimes of catching us, e...   Apr 19 2012, 12:46 AM
Darkness Eternal   I had some catching up to do. I'll admit, I ju...   Apr 19 2012, 01:09 AM
King Coin   Ah, poor Vilkas. He’s not going to like the little...   Apr 20 2012, 12:50 AM
McBadgere   Thankee all... :D ... Acadian...Indeed, Ria will ...   Apr 21 2012, 06:49 AM
Acadian   This was delightful, from the eagle ready to take ...   Apr 22 2012, 12:39 AM
King Coin   Heh, I was a little worried about how a storm cloa...   Apr 22 2012, 02:39 PM
Grits   “By the twin moons! Is that possible?” I asked...   Apr 22 2012, 09:15 PM
McBadgere   Acadian, KC and Grits...So many thanks...Muchly ap...   Apr 29 2012, 07:07 AM
Athynae   Ok smack me, yes I missed one...and a good one too...   Apr 29 2012, 01:35 PM
Colonel Mustard   Hooray, update! I liked the look at the magic...   Apr 29 2012, 08:58 PM
Grits   Oh the magic here is so fun to read and imagine...   Apr 29 2012, 11:04 PM
Acadian   ’Ah! But perhaps I should now tell the journal...   Apr 30 2012, 01:11 AM
Darkness Eternal   Damn it, let me catch up. By Shor's great bal...   Apr 30 2012, 05:09 PM
mALX   LOVED this intro into Jorrvaskr, this had me rolli...   Apr 30 2012, 10:16 PM
McBadgere   Many many thanks to you all, I'm so glad you...   May 5 2012, 05:13 AM
King Coin   Ok I was really confused at the beginning. Looking...   May 5 2012, 05:15 AM
McBadgere   Hah!!... :D ... Sorry mate... :D ... Che...   May 5 2012, 05:19 AM
mALX   I don't know when I've laughed so hard - l...   May 5 2012, 01:46 PM
Grits   I managed to reach Jorrvaskr without anyone new di...   May 5 2012, 09:51 PM
Colonel Mustard   And that is why I love J'Zirlo. :D A great ...   May 5 2012, 10:24 PM
Acadian   Loved the tongue-in-cheek as J’Lo was proud that h...   May 6 2012, 12:07 AM
McBadgere   Thankee all... :D ...I love this story meself, ver...   May 20 2012, 04:55 PM
mALX   ROFL !!! I pictured Vilkas yelping ...   May 20 2012, 06:03 PM
Colonel Mustard   It's good, but there was, perhaps, a bit of ov...   May 20 2012, 08:08 PM
McBadgere   Thankee mALX... :D ...Much appreciated... Thank y...   May 20 2012, 10:12 PM
Acadian   ’J’Zargo can go tickle a bear’s underparts and see...   May 21 2012, 01:41 AM
Athynae   Hehe, I do like a good go 'round, especially w...   May 21 2012, 12:00 PM
Saquira   This is great! Loved it when Kodlak threw Vilk...   May 21 2012, 03:11 PM
Grits   I love it when Farkas tries to talk. :wub: “How c...   May 21 2012, 07:47 PM
Darkness Eternal   When you mentioned secrets being revealed, I thoug...   May 24 2012, 04:20 AM
King Coin   Haha, top dogs. A fool and a Khajiit at that? For...   May 27 2012, 10:41 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:47 AM