User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 10 2018, 08:38 AM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

She really is adorable. I like the whole knowledge thing she'll be going after too. Playing a bard-type is something I've never tried before. Interesting that you've gone with the standard Mage class instead of Bard. Will you be using all 7 Majors?

Lately I've returned to an idea I had awhile back, which is Friar Luck. bluewizardsmile.gif~ I have not created the guy yet, but it's interesting because I rarely make males for Oblivion. But lately I've been thinking of a bunch of ideas, and did some research on Friar Tuck, the priest from Robin Hood stories. I didn't know Robin Hood and his gang go back to the middle ages, with the earliest mention of Frere Tuk dating to the 15th century!

In some ways, Luck will be similar to Tuck. In other ways, he won't be. The real guy from the Middle Ages was hot-tempered and got thrown out of the monastery he was part of, due to his temper. By coincidence, Friar Luck's backstory will include getting thrown out Weynon Priory, and having a bounty on his head as he avoids society for awhile! This is how Luck's game begins; with him running from the law for some reason.

But there are other ways Luck will not be like Tuck. Luck won't be fat, for instance. There won't be any Robin Hood NPC in Luck's game, in fact I'm thinking he won't have any companions at all, except a horse. Luck won't brandish swords & bows either. I'm thinking a quarterstaff mod is more his style, but so far I haven't been able to find anything like this. Monks are often associated with unarmed combat though for some reason, and so I'm going to finally try out Deadly Reflex for his game. :toughninja:

Oh, and he'll carry a slingshot around. biggrin.gif That'll be a cool mod to finally try out. Monks are often associated with unorthodox weapons like slingshots and nunchucks, in the tablegames I used to play.

He will be good with Restoration, Alteration, and perhaps some Illusion as well (for Calm spells). Since I have a lot of travelers who walk the roads, he will frequently assist people who get hurt.

Eventually, Luck will somehow get accepted back into society. I'm thinking though that he'll live in wilderness for a good while first though, out in some remote, abandoned cabin or whatever. I'm thinking of trying several quest mods for his game too. Lost Spires is one I've heard about for years now. This mod includes doing research for some sort of Archeology guild, which wouldn't really fit RG3's game (she's busy enough!). Since monks are often sages / scholars, maybe Lost Spires and some other quest mods I've read about will fit Luck's game eventually.

Oh, and his main favored Attribute will be .... guess?

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 10 2018, 08:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 10 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #44

Spam Meister
Group Icon

A monk with a slingshot? Sounds like he'll aspiring to be Dennis the Menace biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

With a slingshot, maybe he should be named Bhart S'mps'n instead?

I cannot imagine what Luck's favored attribute might be! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 10 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 10 2018, 01:38 AM) *

She really is adorable. I like the whole knowledge thing she'll be going after too. Playing a bard-type is something I've never tried before. Interesting that you've gone with the standard Mage class instead of Bard. Will you be using all 7 Majors?

She'll use some more than others, but yeah, she'll be using all of the skills that come with the class. I liked the idea of playing someone who aspires to be one thing, but is actually really, really good at another. No matter what she does she always ends up relying on her magical talents more than her persuasive skills, but she does make use of Speechcraft. It always ends up being tied with Restoration for the least developed active skill, and there's her stubbornness when it comes to Illusion, so it works out.

Then there's the whole made-up roleplay part where she develops what is straight up Tonal Magic in the form of magical song. (Read: Modded daily Powers) A compromise from late in her adventure.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 4 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #47

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 9 2018, 07:38 PM) *

Till then, here's Elise Durant!

I'm suing Zenimax

In all seriousness though, I completely forgot about this and found it as I was going through my ESO screenshots. She's keeping her name after all. :v

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 5 2018, 03:30 AM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Sue Lotus, too.

My car

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 5 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

The paint job was just a way to get around the plagiarism. :v

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 5 2018, 03:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Oct 23 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #50

Evoker

Alright, here is a more detailed account of Mirelle, my current Oblivion character, who, in fact, is a recreation of my Morrowind character, so, in my head, she's continuing her adventures in Cyrodiil.

To start, I'll just copy here the bit I wrote in another post. smile.gif

"Mirelle rose to the rank of Telvanni Arch Magister... and she danced a very careful, balanced dance, since she was opposed to the less savoury aspects of her chosen Great House. She also became head of the Thieve's Guild and went on to lead the Temple; even though she wasn't sure either were a good fit, she did so because it seemed sound political strategy. Similarly... after becoming Nerevarine, she maintained close ties with the Blades, which has bearing upon her reasons for being in Cyrodiil. "

At the moment, Mirelle is especially skilled at Alchemy and Conjuration, while improving her abilities in Armourer. Although she has little use for the latter, personally, she finds it more economical to repair her companions' armour, rather than having to pay for it. She is also quite personable and lucky (well.. maybe).
However, she still has a very long way to go.. for owing to her rash, impetuous nature... she is very far from the able person that she had become on Vvardenfell...

Although Arch Magister of the normally isolationist House Telvanni, she is a shrewd tactician, and felt it advantageous to maintain carefully balanced ties with the Empire. To that end, she also remained in close contact with the Blades... Thus, when necromancy troubles in the Cyrodiil mage's guild arose, and rumours of strange new cults, as well as a plan to assassinate the emperor were uncovered by the Blades, they "requested" that Mirelle aid them. Though loathe to leave the land that had become her home, Mirelle's (in retrospect, overly hasty) marriage to a certain Arnand was rather shaky, and both felt that perhaps some time apart would help... (ahem)

Mirelle, however... although highly intelligent, is not exactly wise, and when it comes to more personal, or mundane, matters, she tends not to think things through. Therefore, having entirely forgotten how miserable she had been during her initial sea voyage to Vvardenfell, she decided that some sea air would be the perfect way to start clearing her head, and travelled by ship to Bravil, rather than making the journey overland. Although she could have travelled directly to the Imperial City, she reasoned that the less direct route would allow her to slip into the culture without notice. Of course.... extreme sea sickness commenced nearly the moment the ship left Vvardenfell, and she spent most of her time moaning in her bunk (NOT in a good way !), or with her head in a bucket. Greatly weakened, by the time she reached Bravil.. Mirelle needed to recuperate in the Mage's Guild before pressing on. It was here that she learned Emperor Uriel Septim VII had been assassinated...
In a quandary as to the best way to proceed, in addition to being extremely weak, Mirelle decided the best course of action would be to travel to the Imperial City, where hopefully, she would meet some travelling companions... which she did....
Remember I said Mirelle is not the wisest... ? laugh.gif

Here are some screenshots smile.gif

Transition from Morrowind to Oblivion

Beginnings

Early Morning at Lake Canulus

Falling Into Trouble

For Character mods, I'm using
Enhanced Genetics Overhaul, and Mirelle's hair is actually a wig from the Apachii Goddess Store.

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir2: Oct 23 2018, 10:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 23 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, that is some transition! Mirelle looks fantastic, and so does your game!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 24 2018, 09:11 AM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

That's one of the prettiest characters I've ever seen in Cyrodiil, yet doesn't look out of place at all.

Nice backstory, the part with the sea sickness made me chuckle. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 24 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

She does sound impetuous indeed. Rash and impetuous, kind of like my Renee Gade III. I like that Mirelle has quite a history, that always adds breadth to their roleplay, right?

What is that Princess Stomper sight all about? (I haven't got time to really read into it today).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Oct 24 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #54

Evoker

@SubRosa,
Cheers! I was quite happy with that experiment. Obviously, given engine differences, and the fact I was trying to recreate one of Westly's lovely Morrowind head replacers, I didn't get it exactly. The shape of her eyes and mouth are a bit different, and that was the best I could do with the nose, but it definitely went better than on previous occasions where I've tried to achieve the same with characters.

@Lopov,
Thank you! I do typically try to make my characters reasonably attractive, but not over the top... So I avoid a lot of makeup, or extremely modern hairstyles, install realistic body proportions, and give them outfits that aren't overly revealing. Just personal aesthetic preference, really. smile.gif
lol! Well, partly, I felt the sea sickness worked well with her personality, and partly, it was an explanation for the fact that suddenly this seasoned heroine of Vvardenfell was almost as defenceless as a newborn. biggrin.gif

@Renee,
I have really found that making some effort to roleplay Bethesda games is very rewarding, and definitely helps. I'll admit, my preference, historically, is more toward Bioware/Obsidian/Larian style RPGs, which tend to focus heavily on narrative. However, I've always enjoyed Bethesda's change of pace in that regard. In short, I play games like Dragon Age when I want to be told a story, and I play Bethesda games when I want to tell a story. So, roleplaying and having a backstory when I play the Elderscrolls has become really important for me, and I find a thread that pulls those characters together in some way works well. Similarly, my Skyrim character has a connection to Mirelle (though she doesn't know that yet).
Anyway... sorry for the ramble.... biggrin.gif

The Princess Stomper page is just a link describing the quest and companion mod, "The Dance of the Three-Legged Guar." Mirelle married, Arnand, one of the characters in it.

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir2: Oct 24 2018, 10:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:30 PM