21 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Feb 25 2017, 03:16 AM
Post #161

Ancient
Group Icon

I now have 32 of the 35 Vouchers needed to get the Alchemy Station, WOO HOO !!!!

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on Hunding House, that means a lot to hear !!!

@ Grits - you had me rolling with the comments on Autumn's Gate house! I loved that house too, really just a perfect little place! Just enough yard and house to be comfy in. If you get it, I can make a shingled tent to give you for an impromptu stables! It is just the right size to fit on one side or the other of the house!

EDIT: The Alchemy Station is now in!!! I'll be trying to get the Cooking Station next!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 25 2017, 04:06 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 25 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #162

Mouth
Group Icon

The Special Furniture Guy is here and he's selling wedding-themed stuff. I bought some lanterns and once again underestimated the size of things. I'm using them as lighting for my alchemy/enchanting laboratories. Best part is that if you flip them they look like electrical lighting fixtures. Powered by soul gems because of course.

Gonna get some curtains and maybe some flowers.

EDIT: The flowers are the same ones you see in Valenwood. The blue glowy ones.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Feb 25 2017, 10:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 25 2017, 02:23 PM
Post #163

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 25 2017, 04:24 AM) *

The Special Furniture Guy is here and he's selling wedding-themed stuff. I bought some lanterns and once again underestimated the size of things. I'm using them as lighting for my alchemy/enchanting laboratories. Best part is that if you flip them they look like electrical lighting fixtures. Powered by soul gems because of course.

Gonna get some curtains and maybe some flowers.

EDIT: The flowers are the same ones you see in Valenwood. The blue glowy ones.

That curtain thing is enormous, more like for a castle throne room - i made the mistake of getting it on the PTS. The flowers are large, and turn on and off as if they were a light - kind of cool, but probably more for a ... specialized area

What I got from him that I absolutely LOVED (if he has it on this server) was the flowering trellises!

Here is a screen of the trellises (and also shows that tent/stables I can make for Grits's Autumn Gate house if she wants and doesn't have the Plans for) :

http://imgur.com/a/hg90H

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 25 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #164

Mouth
Group Icon

He's selling them but geeze they're expensive (10k each). I sort of want to buy them anyways in case I end up using them but idk. I bought 2 curtains thinking it was for windows. ech

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 25 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #165

Mouth
Group Icon

I got some of the blue flowers and one of the trellises set up in my garden - they look great! I also bought a lantern, but yeah they're too big. If you had a pond or something to float them on they would look gorgeous. If anyone wants a lantern, you can have mine.

I had a bit of a rework in the garden today. Basically just moved everything from one side to the other so that all of the Morrowind and Black Marsh plants are together. The new trellis is the perfect backdrop for a little seating area, so I'll start working on that soon.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Feb 25 2017, 07:31 PM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Salazar
post Feb 25 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #166

Associate

Do the mud houses contain any grub baskets?

--------------------
Have met with a terrible fate? Disease? Injury? Weird elves following you and offering backrubs?
I can help you...except for that last thing.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #167

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 25 2017, 11:52 AM) *

He's selling them but geeze they're expensive (10k each). I sort of want to buy them anyways in case I end up using them but idk. I bought 2 curtains thinking it was for windows. ech

Wow, that is the same price they had them for on the PTS! It is most def worth the price for them if you have anywhere a trellis would work!

I have to get up there to Coldharbour and check out what else he has on sale! Urk, this trip will break my bank, urgh.

QUOTE(Salazar @ Feb 25 2017, 03:18 PM) *

Do the mud houses contain any grub baskets?

If you buy the furnished version some of them do; but you can't loot the ones they put in Player houses. (same for dressers/wardrobes/chests/etc. )

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 25 2017, 11:52 AM) *

I'm pretty sure that is why I bought them too, thinking they would just be regular curtains but white. But they were so huge - I couldn't imagine anywhere in game they could be used!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 26 2017, 12:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 28 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #168

Ancient
Group Icon

Provisioning Station is in! Next I'll be trying for the Dye Station & Target Skeleton! WOO HOO!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 28 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #169

Ancient
Group Icon

Target Skeleton added! WOO HOO !!! Will try for Dye Station next, then going for the Banker in the last two weeks of March (hoping they discount them for the 1 year anniversary).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 28 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #170

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh, that's great! Congratulations! That's amazing progress, wow. I haven't used a target skeleton yet, I can't wait to try it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 28 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #171

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm honestly curious to see how those skellies work so I may or may not be tempted to give it a few blasts. Congrats on finishing off your crafting station sets, though!

In my frenzied leveling of a new crafter and clearing Craglorn the past few days, I ended up putting off decorating for a while. Earlier today I bought some more achievement decorations, particularly the soul gem junk. The "Black Soul Gem" decoration may as well be called the Mantella with how huge it is. Another case of I Underestimated How Big That Decoration Was. On the other hand, it'll be a neat, freaky addition to Jo's Rawl'kha house.

Also, I put the Master Angler fishing boat in the pool. It has no business being there but where else will it go? In Hates' back yard?

Now I gotta figure out what aesthetic I'm going to go with the house. I was going to imitate the Vile Manse's style a bit (Imperial/Khajiit, but replacing Imperial with Breton since it's pretty much the same thing and it's craftable), but I think I'll go with a blend of Khajiit/Redguard in the main floor. I really need some more cushion/pillow plans and more fancy Khajiit rugs.

Or I can make it a disaster, which tbh is pretty realistic for two of three of the inhabitants until the help moves in.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Feb 28 2017, 08:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 1 2017, 02:40 AM
Post #172

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 28 2017, 11:08 AM) *

Oh my gosh, that's great! Congratulations! That's amazing progress, wow. I haven't used a target skeleton yet, I can't wait to try it!

What I was so excited about with the Skeleton is that they send you a report at the end of your using one - it is whispered to you in the ChatBox = tells what your DPS damage to the skeleton was! Buffy and Misa tried one out at another friend's house and I was really impressed by getting that report afterward.

With that report it is perfect to test out which spells are most effective on your bars by which do the most DPS. I most def plan to test Misa's spells and determine which to prioritize in combat!

Misa needs to be respec'd anyway; and I've been wondering for a while if I could whittle down a bunch of those spells that never make it to her bar. I recently pulled some forward and found they were much more powerful weapons in combat than what I was using - but at the same time, they didn't heal her in combat, (which the ones she had always used did heal; and that is what kept her alive during all those big fights like Molag Bal).

So I plan to use the heck out of that skeleton to help me figure out what to keep and what to drop.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 28 2017, 02:42 PM) *

I'm honestly curious to see how those skellies work so I may or may not be tempted to give it a few blasts. Congrats on finishing off your crafting station sets, though!

In my frenzied leveling of a new crafter and clearing Craglorn the past few days, I ended up putting off decorating for a while. Earlier today I bought some more achievement decorations, particularly the soul gem junk. The "Black Soul Gem" decoration may as well be called the Mantella with how huge it is. Another case of I Underestimated How Big That Decoration Was. On the other hand, it'll be a neat, freaky addition to Jo's Rawl'kha house.

Also, I put the Master Angler fishing boat in the pool. It has no business being there but where else will it go? In Hates' back yard?

Now I gotta figure out what aesthetic I'm going to go with the house. I was going to imitate the Vile Manse's style a bit (Imperial/Khajiit, but replacing Imperial with Breton since it's pretty much the same thing and it's craftable), but I think I'll go with a blend of Khajiit/Redguard in the main floor. I really need some more cushion/pillow plans and more fancy Khajiit rugs.

Or I can make it a disaster, which tbh is pretty realistic for two of three of the inhabitants until the help moves in.

The Master Angler Achievement gets you A BOAT ???? GAAAAAAAH !!!! That is Awesome !!! Can I come see it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 1 2017, 04:03 AM
Post #173

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Target Skeleton added! WOO HOO !!!

I popped by to see it earlier - looks great! Here's a screenie.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 1 2017, 04:50 AM
Post #174

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 28 2017, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Target Skeleton added! WOO HOO !!!

I popped by to see it earlier - looks great! Here's a screenie.

WOO HOO, his first beating !!! (I didn't have time to test him out!) And I love the screen !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 1 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #175

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 07:40 PM) *

The Master Angler Achievement gets you A BOAT ???? GAAAAAAAH !!!! That is Awesome !!! Can I come see it?

With the placement, you might even be able to jump into it! It can't really move, though.

Last night I did some reorganizing and the Enchanter station ended up in Jo'zira's room. The Alchemy station will stay out in the hall but I had to face the fact that it'll be a while before I get all the fancy things like the poison cabinet and such. Ah well.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Mar 1 2017, 06:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 4 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #176

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 1 2017, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 28 2017, 07:40 PM) *

With the placement, you might even be able to jump into it! It can't really move, though.

Last night I did some reorganizing and the Enchanter station ended up in Jo'zira's room. The Alchemy station will stay out in the hall but I had to face the fact that it'll be a while before I get all the fancy things like the poison cabinet and such. Ah well.

I want that poison cabinet! So far the only one I found to buy was an alchemy carry-all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 7 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #177

Mouth
Group Icon

I flipping hate the Provisioning Station.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 7 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #178

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 7 2017, 05:06 PM) *

I flipping hate the Provisioning Station.

I wish the fire was lit; but more than that: I really want an oven like the one in Craiglorn's inn!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 8 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #179

Mouth
Group Icon

I've been house hunting again today, just looking though.

As I've mentioned before, Tsarakiri needs a house. The issue is that she's often away on 'business' so the house would often be left empty. Haa-Rei and Ciri have also been thinking about getting somewhere with more space. On top of that I have Lagakha and the as-yet-unnamed character I'll be making for Morrowind. Rather than buying everyone their own places, I want to get one large place for the whole crew.

I've narrowed my options down to a handful of suitable properties, so I'll ponder them all for a while. So far Strident Springs seems like the best choice, but the price is...ouch. I also quite like Velothi Reverie, though it'd be a little cramped.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 10 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #180

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 8 2017, 03:31 PM) *

I've been house hunting again today, just looking though.

As I've mentioned before, Tsarakiri needs a house. The issue is that she's often away on 'business' so the house would often be left empty. Haa-Rei and Ciri have also been thinking about getting somewhere with more space. On top of that I have Lagakha and the as-yet-unnamed character I'll be making for Morrowind. Rather than buying everyone their own places, I want to get one large place for the whole crew.

I've narrowed my options down to a handful of suitable properties, so I'll ponder them all for a while. So far Strident Springs seems like the best choice, but the price is...ouch. I also quite like Velothi Reverie, though it'd be a little cramped.

I think buying the bigger houses like Strident works best using the Crowns, they really priced them lower than I ever dreamed they would!

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:06 PM