Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sethyas, Before a Reborn General returned, there was a life...
Black Hand
post Oct 21 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Prologue

18th of Rain's Hand, Year 413 of the Third Era
Outskirts of the City of Daggerfall

A bluff overlooked the grey and white of the foaming waves far below. The sky matched its hue with a raging storm. The wind howled and blew as though it were trying to knock the two figures staring each other down over into the sea. One, dressed in dark brown leather armor with cloak and hood held a hand to his gut. Behind it, a patch of dark crimson stained the chestpiece barely visible. His cowl fell back amidst the blowing rage to reveal the face of a Dunmer. Taciturn in expression, his visage did not reveal the pain of the wound.

Swirling alongside the left of his face was a tattoo that marked his clan from Morrowind. Though, that was a lifetime ago, and then some. He was now in the employ of the Imperial Government through many strange twists of fate.

His red eyes gazed at the foe. A betrayer. Not just of him, but of his vows and purpose.

The Paladin's face could not be seen behind the helmet of polished steel and gold trim, but the Dunmer knew those hollow eyes all too well. Bereft of life and passion, he lived only by meaningless vows that died the moment the lips uttered them stopped flapping.

The Paladin held the sword that was stained with the blood of the Agent at it's tip, at a slight downward angle. His white tunic flapped in unison with the brown cloak of his adversary, like two birds of prey that encircled the other in battle.

"It's over, Lysander! Give me the Totem!" The voice cried from behind the metal.

"I thought I was the only one who was supposed to backstab." Lysander replied, coughing out some blood, he wiped his chin with his free hand.

"A necessary treachery, I am afraid. You would misuse this power. Give it to the highest bidder, or even worse: the Emperor's Blades." He said taking a step closer, speaking over the pelting rain, creating a dinging sound as it hit his armor.

"I am an Agent of the Emperor, yes. It is what I was sent to do, by he himself. You act now in defiance of those orders, Arkaydian Knight." He replied, trying to find some way out of this trap. "Besides, what makes you think your motives are any better?"

"Motives? I act upon the will of the Nine! This is needed to preserve Order! Surely you must see that much! The Numidium is a world-breaker! If that power was harnessed once again,...the end result would be..." The Paladin trailed off.

"Chaos? Change? The expression of lust for power that Man and Mer have waged upon themselves since time immemorial? What makes you think that you can stand in the way of that? Surely you do not see yourself in such grandiose terms that you can stop any of that." Lysander replied.

"Enough." The Knight of Arkay replied and closed the distance quickly, and came in for a blow raising his blade high.

The sword came down, and fell cleanly into the Dunmers neck, sending dark blood rushing forth into spurts rivuleting down his side.

The Knight could smell the blood from there, even over the rain now showering down. He could even feel the heat as it rolled down his neck.

The Paladin reached up and felt the ebony dagger that was jutting out of his neck, just between the bottom of his helmet and the top of his chestpiece. The damn Agent was still a sneaky one.

The fell to their knees in unison, and in that moment, the storm raged even harder, and the heavens seemed to crack open. The two looked at it in disbelief, unknowing of what had just happened. It seemed as though the world began to turn in on itself, and simultaneously devour and expel itself.

"What?!" The Knight labored to whisper over the weapon lodged in his throat.

The Dunmer was beginning to lose consciousness over the rapid loss of blood, but as he saw his own distant lands and history being drawn forth from the storm of sight, he began to understand.

"You broke the world, you damn fool." He returned. "The only law greater then people is the Earth Bones. Gravity, light, darkness. When you put your foolish code over people, you forgot what it was you were trying to protect. Now, your idea of 'perfect order' is a graveyard. Enjoy it." He said as he collapsed into his final moment.

That was the day the Dragon Broke.

Present Day

10th of Sun's Dusk, Year 398 of the Third Era
Imperial Palace, Province of Cyrodiil

She awoke with a start.

It was early morning, the dawn barely breaking through the pale curtains giving the room a soft glow. She rubbed her eyes, and stared at her image in the mirror. Her red hair was a long and lovely as when she had brushed it the night before. A source of uniqueness and pride for her, it was rare among the Dunmeri to have red hair as was, much more so to have hers.

Her crimson eyes nearly matched it's color, and smiled slightly as she brought her hand to her swollen belly. She was nearly ready to give birth. Unknowing of her state until three months after her dear husband, Lysander, had left on the Emperor's orders. She thought with both great anxiety and humor that he would return and find himself a Father.

"M'lady?" Came the voice from across her room. "Are you well?"

"I am. Just a bad dream,...perhaps." She replied, trying to recall what went through her mind just before she rose. She drew a blank, but...more then just a lack of memory. It was like a void, as though something were pulled from her mind.

She shook her head at the thought, and resolved to give the forbidden blessing to Vaermina the next time she was at temple.

The midwife came out of her cornered section of the room and rubbed her eyes as she took in the Dunmeri Maiden seated at her grooming table staring at her belly with a slight smile.

Madame Velas was one of the unique fixtures of the Court. Neither noble nor ambassador, she and Lysander were here at the pleasure and command of the Emperor himself. He afforded them luxuries and servants for an unknown reason, but the rumors that Lysander Velas; who was a Morrowind native as well as she, acted as a spy for the Emperor were also rampant.

Vivyne Velas herself was no noblewoman, and often took on the menial tasks into her own hands. Cooking, cleaning, and the like. She took all the luxuries granted her in stride, like she enjoyed a good book that she knew would someday end. Every time the midwife had attempted to broach that veil to the reason they were here, she just gave a sad smile and said that she could not say.

"Have you given any thought as to their names, yet?" The Midwife asked.

"It's bad luck in Morrowind to name a child not yet born." She replied with her now receding accent.

"In Cyrodiil, it's traditional. When in Elsweyr...." The Midwife replied.

Vivyne gave her a curious look as she considered it. "Well, I know how you Cyrod's will sometimes name them after a father or grandfather or such..." her eyes trailed off to the side.

"My Nans was named 'Setsuna' which means 'she who follows' in Dunmeri, meaning a follower of Saint Veloth." She mused.

"I see...it is a lovely name. What if it is a boy?" she asked, grabbing a pitcher of water and preparing them both a glass.

Vivyne traced her unseen parchment with her eyes again. "Dunmer and Cyrod's do share the tradition of males being the head of households and the women being married into their families, so I suppose it would be more appropriate to use my Husband's." She thought.

"What was his Father's name?" The midwife asked as she brought the pair of glasses to the table.

"He never knew his father, I am afraid. However, his...mentor, if you wish to call it that, was the closest thing he ever had to one." She spoke in a guarded tone.

"What was his name?" the Midwife asked, slightly mystified being this close to piercing their veil for the first time.

"Sethyas." she replied.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Nov 4 2013, 04:01 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 21 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

This post has been edited by mALX: May 3 2015, 09:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Oct 21 2013, 02:56 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm glad I caught this. I get to read this from the "beginning."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Oct 21 2013, 03:19 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

12th of Morning Star, Year 399 of the Third Era

Vivyne Velas began to scream aloud as the contractions were shorter apart. The midwife kept bringing a damp cloth to her brow, and her assistants were scattering about bringing her herbs and potions and following her instructions.

The birth had entered into it's eleventh hour, and the midwife had not yet seen any crowning. She was concerned, but she had seen these processes drawn out over days sometimes. Her favorite memory was of the time that a visiting Nord dignitary from Skyrim had a very pregnant squire who refused to abandon her post, and ended up giving birth on the road during their return trip, and she was summoned being the closest person who could help. The birth took five hours, and she was back on her horse suckling the babe within two hours of that, despite her protestations.

She grabbed Vivyne's hand and kept her voice calm and gentle. Her hand was cool and limp, but then came back to life with a vicious strength as the contractions came closer and closer.

"Mum! I can see the head!" One of the assistants cried delightedly, her young face spread into a smile.

"Oh, Thank the Nine!" The Midwife and Vivyne cried in unison for separate reasons, the two sharing a bemused smile which a spasm of pain breaking the moment.

The midwife took her place and gently aided Vivyne with her voice and hands, the crowning finally pushing out a small, dark wrinkled lump of flesh, with dark hair matted to it's head. It glistened in the firelight from the amniotic fluid. The midwife grabbed a knife from the pot of boiling water and cut the umbilical cord, and called for the blanket from the rack warming in front of the fireplace.

The babe was quickly wrapped and the crying was slow at first, but rose in intensity.

"It's a girl!" The Midwife smiled jovially at Vivyne and handed her her first child. Vivyne took her with a tired smile and carried her in her arms.

The Midwife's assistant took her place again as she waited for the afterbirth, and the Midwife comforted Vivyne and looked at the newborns face making noises of joy and welcome.

"Mum! I see another head!" the Assistant cried out in a very similar fashion.

Both the Mother and Midwife shared another glance.

Twins!

"I've got it! Push again, dearest!" the midwife instructed as she took her position once more and the labor process started again.

The second child came out quickly, and the Midwife cut the cord and swaddled the infant in a warm blanket. This one did not start crying though. The midwife checked swabbed the child's throat and took out some mucus, but to no avail. It wasn't breathing.

She started to rub its back, as Vivyne face grew concerned.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"It'll be fine, dear. Just fine. Sometimes they just need a little coaxing." She said hiding her concern with a false smile.

She went behind the curtain surrounding Vivyne's bed, and began rubbing the child's back furiously and in that moment let a quiet prayer escape out the window. In that moment, she saw the Constellation of the The Ritual just as it gave way to the constellation of The Serpent.

The babe started to cry.

"Well, then...it would seem you're meant for different things then, young man. Not even sharing a sign with your own sister." The Midwife said quietly.

She returned to the bedside and handed the boy to Vivyne. "It's a boy! I told you not to worry dear, these young men get all fussy when it's time to wake up is all. This won't be the last time you'll be dealing with that I'm afraid." she said with her same false smile.

30th of Morning Star, Year 400 of the Third Era

Darkness fell across the quarters of Vivyne Velas.

She knew the techniques and the traditions of her Husband's clan, and as the first year of the first male child of his family had passed, the time had come to decorate his face. It would be strange to many in the Palace she realized, but they were guests here, not residents. No matter how much time had passed, she would never consider Cyrodiil home, no matter what luxuries the Emperor threw at her and her husband. These were her children and by extension the children of Ihinipalit Clan.

Once Ashlanders and Nomads, they were pressed into service by the Ra'athim clan of Ebonheart fame during the second Akaviri invasion. Being expert scouts and archers they were invaluable in many raids and battles, and even served under Vivec's Generalship for a short time. Given the contributions they were 'adopted' into the Ra'athim and became a sort of twilight between Ashlander and House Dunmer. Settled Nomads, they sometimes considered themselves.

They however kept to themselves and maintained their ancient ways and traditions. Facial tattooing of the firstborn men were among these. To mark them as the successors to their kin and to openly display their allegiances. This was one of the reasons that the Ashlanders distrusted the House Dunmer. They wore the clothes of the Imperials and settled matters with their traditions, rather then the native ones. The were liars and thieves, not cunning as Boethiah had instructed.

It was between their three chief gods that marking was yet to be determined. Azura, the Lady of Twilight. Boethiah, the Prince of Plots. Mephala, the Webspinner. She placed three trinkets near the seated toddler whose hair had grown thick and nearly past his ears. He looked up to her with the Dunmeri crimson eyes bereft of the contention that so marked their race. Innocence intact, his pupils widened in the dim candlelight.

She smiled at him as she placed a star, a little wooden sword, and her belt knife down, and the child looked down and considered each one. His eyes seemed to consider each one with an intelligence that couldn't speak to her with words.

He reached for the belt knife and picked it up, her smile grew into a slight one with sadness.

"So you've chosen Mephala's path....oh!" She said as the little Sethyas placed the hilt into his mouth. "Get that out of there! You don't know where it's been!" She admonished him as he reached again for the knife crying slightly.

"Here. Drink this and when you awake, you will be your Father's son." She instructed his non-understanding face, offering the powerful sedative that would block all pain from him. Being an expert alchemist, she was well versed in the path of marking of sons, and had in fact learned from her own Wise Woman in Kragenmoor.

Sethyas drank slowly at first, unaccustomed to the different taste and texture of the drink, but it was sweet enough that he did not quarrel with his mother. Minutes passed and his breathing slowed and he slowly began to nod off, finally resting on the table in a perfect slumber.

Vivyne prepared the inks and tools she would need, and made outlines of the tattoo's design with a piece of charcoal onto Sethyas' face. When she was satisfied with the outline, she began her sacred task as the child's Mother and Clan Wise Woman.

Several hours later, Setsuna woke up next to her brother breathing slightly. She had felt him being placed down next to her with the familiar weight of their bed slightly bending. She reached over to grab at his hair for some reason had comforted her.

She opened her eyes slightly, and the shock overrode her sense of familiarity.

Something had changed in his face, he was darker and this was not a shadow. Her cry rose to a full crescendo, as Mother's arms picked her up and brought her to the safety and comfort theirin.

"There, there my sweetest. It's still your brother. He's just chosen his path is all. You can get your's later in life. But only wedded Ihinipalit women can get theirs, we may end up somewhere completely different in life or in another clan." She cooed her.

Sethyas began to rise slowly from his slumber, and looked at them; though still innocent, the Mother saw for the first time the contrast that now existed between the black of the tattoo and the red of his eyes.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Nov 4 2013, 04:02 AM
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Oct 21 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

Sethyaaaaaaaaas!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 21 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I bow my head....this is by far the best thing that happened for quite some time. Sethyas....oh Sethyas
"Well, then...it would seem you're meant for different things then, young man. Not even sharing a sign with your own sister."

Now that is the truth of the day!

Suddenly I see a light in the end of the tunnel....

Sethyaaaaaaaaaaas

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Oct 21 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Ermahgerd Serthyers! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 21 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

This post has been edited by mALX: May 3 2015, 09:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Oct 21 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

6th of Morning Star, Year 400 of the Third Era
Temple of the Ancestor Moths

Gnarled hands moved across the face of the Elder Scroll's smooth texture. The Monk was old and wizened, and his sight had taken longer and longer to come back until he had but one vision left.

He had seen that it would be this day. He did not know what the reason this day's importance was but he was about to find out.

His eyes focused into a plane of existence that only he could see, a fraction of reality that he alone had developed the sense to see into. Past, Future, and Present. All was one within the Elder Scrolls. If you were surrounded by infinity, then you were always in the center, no matter where you moved.

Red Eyes, Black Hands, Golden Masks. Strange lands...to the east.

Azura! He could feel the Daedric Princes machinations behind much of this....

Armies crossed valleys of ash...golden skinned elves meeting golden armored elves. Chimer and Dwemer.

Time projected forward....The White-Gold Tower. The Imperial Palace....

Dunmer meeting destiny here. The Tower was the spindle of Tamriel's destiny. The roulette wheel from which chance was turned into order.

Twin souls.

One unmarked, unmarred and innocent. The other marked, and somehow separate.

Same mother...the Emperor's Agent in the far West restoring an imbalance, and his offspring to restore another in the East.

The monk blinked into darkness one final time. His sight was now gone forever.

A young acolyte approached the brother and took a reed pen to ink and began to write down everything the Monk told him, little of it making sense but he held fast to his training and beliefs and unerringly scribed all that he could.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Nov 4 2013, 04:02 AM
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 22 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

ahhh Vivyne did the tattoo herself! And Seth is partly Ashlander? this is SOOOO interesting, what an evening today! Found this story..YAYY Love it! Pure darn brilliant..as my scottish friend would say

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Oct 30 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

#mALX Yes, a bit.

#Luna1945 Our resident lurker-reader, I am flattered by your interest and take. I personally would not say that it's that good...but I tend to be my own harshest critic. As far as the deletion of the prior incarnation goes, I'm afraid it taps into a very sensitive area that is best left unmentioned, at least in public.

What I can and will say, is that it is gone, plain and simple. I did not make any back-ups. I will not attempt to re-write it. If I had my way, the one on the main page would be deleted as well.

#Colonel Mustard I say! Your loquacious appreciation has added an uplifting note to my day! I will be the one to have a Good Day, sir! I say, Good Day!

8th of Sun's Dawn, Year 400 of the Third Era

The Blades Agent walked through the Elder Council chambers, his heavy traveling boots echoing off the polished marble floors and raining down from the cavernous ceiling. There were only a handful of Councilors to be seen at today's meeting and the Emperor was nowhere to be seen. Most of his duties for the other provinces were delegated to the council in his stead as it was, and rarely showed.

The Agent made eye contact with an Imperial seated close to where the Emperor's chair was and proceeded to hand him a folded and sealed parchment.

The Councilor nodded and thanked the Blade and proceeded to break it open and read.

His eyes scanned the script, as his brow furled in concentration. He finally looked up at the man with a questioning expression which was answered with a slow nod as the Agent blinked. The two of them took their immediate leave silently.

They approached the Throne Room and were checked over by the Guard prior to their being permitted to enter.

The Imperial Battlemage, Ocato and the Emperor himself, Uriel Septim walked alone together through the vast chamber's space conferring quietly among themselves past rows of magnificent bookshelves and tables neatly organized with various scrolls and maps. Each one dedicated to a province and the projects that the Emperor personally oversaw.

Councillor and Agent approached the Rulers carefully, and waited to be addressed by the Royalty.

"Good Morning, Councillor! What matters bring you to me?" Uriel Septim greeted the man warmly.

"Your Majesty, I have news in the 'Star-Wounded East' project you delegated to me some time ago." He started.

The Emperor looked at him slightly quizzically, clearly implying that he needed to be reminded.

Ocato seemed to recall for the both of them in his stead.

"This was the one concerning the Legend of Dagoth Ur, and the visions that had been reported concerning the local legends about one of their Resdayn Generals, prior to the disappearance of the Dwemer." He explained, which Uriel nodded slightly about.

"This is about Morrowind then. Ah yes, now I recall as least so far as the 'Star-wounded East'. Forgive me Councillor, I have many things on my mind as of late. Proceed with your findings." He instructed.

"The Legend of Dagoth Ur is no legend, your Majesty." The Councillor began. "Another one of those Dark Elven God-Kings is now in play within the province. We've received news that a minor ruin within the Island of Vvardenfell called 'Kogoruhn' was recently occupied by an unknown force. We have only a few agents within that province, and none on the Island." he explained.

Uriel Septim then looked over at the young man that had accompanied the Councillor and gave him a slight glint of recognition.

The Councillor picked up on the cue and introduced his escort.

"I beg you pardon, your Majesty. This is Caius Cosades a member of his Majesties Blades." He said leaning slightly back and presenting him with an upturned palm.

"Caius Cosades, yes I know that name. We've met a few times if I recall correctly. I take it you were the Agent assigned to the province then?" The Emperor replied.

Caius took a step forward and maintained his disciplined, confident stance. "That I am, your Majesty." He replied succinctly.

"Well then in that case, you tell me what you make of this. Don't hold back for fear of offending your Emperor. You are my eyes and ears out there after all. I want to know what you know, even if it is just a feeling." Uriel pressed the man.

"Your Majesty, I've seen things I can never forget in my short time in that province. It is as alien to our people as would a Plane of Oblivion be....but there are some things that are Universal. That includes strategy. I think this is a strategic move to develop bases outside the Ghostgate." Caius reported.

"Your Majesties forces are thin as is, and thinner still within the East. What you have out there cannot attack, lest they lose the few footholds they possess. The situation needs to be watched, and needs to be watched closely." He continued.

Uriel smiled and nodded his head. "How would you feel about being assigned to Vvardenfell, Sera Cosades?" He asked him.

Caius broke his stern visage with just a crack of enthusiasm. "It would be my honor, your Majesty." He replied, also letting his tone change with his pleasure ever so slightly.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Nov 4 2013, 04:03 AM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 30 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

--------------------
+Quote Post
Luna1945
post Oct 30 2013, 03:33 AM
Post #14

Associate

Fantastic! Your writing is sooo good! I just love assassins, usually play one myself. I have just finished reading all your work on the main page and the sub forum. I was so frustrated that Mournhold and Solstheim were all deleted so I just had to read all the comments and try to figure out what was happening in Seths' life. wacko.gif
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Oct 30 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Eeeee!

*Dances around a bit and then catches self*

Ahem...

What I meant to say, old boy, was that this here piece of literature has so far demonstrated itself to be of superlative quality, and one finds the concept of the birth and childhood of Sethyas Velas, esq. to be a most intriguing concept. I anticipate the next instalment of this serial with great trepidation, and hope that it shall be soon in arriving.

Jolly good show.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Oct 31 2013, 08:47 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Redacted.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Nov 4 2013, 01:19 AM
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Nov 3 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

12th of Sun's Dawn, Year 400 of the Third Era

Vivyne Velas picked up her children in either arm, and made her way to the local Imperial Gardens. A place she loved for it's idyllic surroundings and feeling of serenity despite the hustle and bustle of the city just outside the walls. Here she would update her letters and diurnal for when Lysander eventually returned to read them.

She was not privy to the Emperor's commands concerning her husband. She only knew that he was far away on a mission of utmost importance to him and she was to maintain her place here within the walls of the Palace. The last night they spent together most likely had been the cause of the family they now had, though he did not know it.

She arrived to the gardens and sat down upon the cool white marble bench, setting Setsuna and Sethyas down and they began to look around at the now familiar scents and sounds of the garden.

Before she could even untie the strap on her satchel a young Imperial man in a monk's robe came from a bend in the garden and began to kneel before her children offering a hand and smile as he looked with a particular interest at Sethyas' face.

"Who are you stranger?" She said with an immediate defensiveness, drawing her dagger and energies for fire to her off-hand.

"I'm sorry, Madame Velas. My name is Lucretius, I am an Adept within the Ancestor Moth Temple, training to read the Elder Scrolls. Perhaps you've heard of them?" He offered with that same smile.

The youth didn't seem to be much of a threat, slight frame and thin features made him seem slight, nothing she couldn't kill. However the fact that she knew his name and was acting with such familiarity towards her and her children only brought out her dagger and wrath completely.

"I warn you Lucretius, you overstep your boundaries with me. Depart now and I'll only report you to the guard, stay and I will do what I must to protect my family." She intoned deeply, stepping forward.

"I thought you might misinterpret my intentions. So I brought my own protection." He said barely moving and still staring at Sethyas.

With that a half-dozen armored guards stepped from behind their own hidden positions, swords and bows at the ready. Their armor was strange and colored in hues she'd never before seen within the palace. Their long, curved blades were of a make she's also never seen.

"You tattooed your son very recently, have you not?" Lucretius asked.

"How do you know that, and what do you want?" She demanded, looking warily at the men who seemed ready to cut her down.

"It was seen within an Elder Scroll. The destiny of this child is somehow tied in with the fate of Cyrodiil's future and that of Red Mountain." he replied.

"Morrowind? Yes, we're from there. We may yet return someday, but what does that have to do with bringing a small army to a Mother and her children?" She nearly screamed.

"We must take him, he will be cared for and brought up by us. Your natural objection to this is why they are here." He said.

"We are here at the Emperor's command! You cannot do this!" She cried.

"We serve the Emperor as well. We seek to safeguard the future of the Empire as surely as you seek to safeguard your children. But they are the key to a larger picture." The Moth Priest replied picking them up.

Vivyne stood there shocked. She wanted to burn this man alive and would do so if he hadn't turned her own children into hostages or feared that the arrows of these men would further endanger them. Setsuna and Sethyas began to cry aloud and reach for their mother. Lucretius offered them reassuring noises as he disappeared behind a bend in the path of plants.

Her anger rose to levels she had never known. She had been angry many times, in varying levels. This was something else entirely. She lost all sense of reason, she lost all sense of self. Her name did not exist, she no longer existed in that moment.

Two of the men came forward to restrain her, and they were enveloped in a wall of flame immediately. They had no time to react. If there were screams, their breath was forced out by the intense heat before they could have been made.

Heavy armor was great for providing protection against large weapons, but the bands of metal that encased their bodies converted it into a large oven that roasted them alive.

Two arrows slipped from their bows, more from sudden fright then skill. The projectiles became wicks of flame that fell as ash before they reached anything remotely vital. From behind that wall of flame leaped a new fire. A shriek that could pierce the very soul emanated from this figure, hair as red as the setting sun. Eyes glowed from the shadow and contraction of pure rage that spoke only of death. She and her dagger landed on the left archer, she arose an instant later and the man was already dead.

The second archer soiled himself as she seconded her prior scream and he slammed against the wall with a force he'd never experienced. His primal fear gave way to the fading sensation of death as another wet feeling drew down his neck.

They collapsed into a heap together as he felt two points of metal slam against his chestpiece and he looked down at what he recognized as the tips of the Akaviri katanas his order were issued. They protruded through the woman's dress and he looked further up, and saw the other two Blades with grim looks on their faces standing behind her.

We killed her. Gods damn us. We killed her. Was his last thought as he felt her weight slam down onto him.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Nov 4 2013, 04:03 AM
+Quote Post
Luna1945
post Nov 3 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #18

Associate

Oh my...poor little ones!! sad.gif Now we know how they lost their parents. Can't wait to see what happens with them while in the care of the Empire.
+Quote Post
minque
post Nov 10 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhh got it! Posts are moved and posts are added...

Must say this is most intriguing and iteresting..Now the gruesome fate of Vivyne shocked me!! How terrible for the children to vitness the cruel murder of theit own mother....now of course that mother succeeded to roast a few guys on her way down...

So taking into consideration all the parts so far (yes I re-read them all) this will develop into something REALLY exciting....

So Dear Sir..please continue!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 13 2014, 02:31 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

This post has been edited by mALX: May 3 2015, 09:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:39 PM