Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arena Adventurings and Daggerfall Dealings, A Characters Update thread
Decrepit
post Dec 2 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #441

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 1 2017, 12:26 PM) *

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was solely Win10, although worries about compatibility issues was a major reason that held me back from getting Win10 on a computer for as long as I did.

That's a weird issue to have. It seems awfully convenient that it was after that update. An issue I am having after the last update is that I have to log in with my PIN twice upon computer start-up, which is moderately annoying.

As it turns out, the Taskbar issue DOES appear to have been caused the Win10 Fall Creators Update, or rather disabling Cortana as I did with the Update in place. Online research shows others with this same issue. I reluctantly restored Cortana and haven't had taskbar problems since....knock on wood.

As for my Daggerfall avatar, he's still roaming that one dungeon in search of his assigned target, quest timer ticking down by the second. I resorted to cycling through the various possible quest locales to verity that the mob in question is indeed in the dungeon. It is. I then reloaded the game so that my avatar must still to reach his goal the old fashion way. I swear he's combed ever inch of that dungeon, several times over. Still, there's got to be some trick he's missed.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 4 2017, 01:58 AM
Post #442

Mouth
Group Icon

My Daggerfall avatar at long last found his target. The key turned out to be a clickable wall torch that opened what had been a solid wall. He was sweating bulletin by then, in fear of exceeding the quest time limit. That didn't happen. Made pretty good money off the crawl, finding several high value Daedric pieces during his search.

After reporting quest completion to the Fighters Guild he sold loot, banked, traveled to the Mages Guild, identified several mages items, trained, and accepted a new assignment, which saw him journey to another city (town, actually) and rid the guild of rogue mage. (The mage tried to convert him the "dark side," but my avatar would have none of it.) He's since returned to Daggerfall City and reported quest completion, which is where I left him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 4 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #443

Ancient
Group Icon

I have to say this pretty much sounds like your Cyrodiilic avatar, Decrepit. I hope that one is still making patrols and gathers taxes? smile.gif

--------------------
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Today, 04:46 PM
Post #444

Mouth
Group Icon

Not much to report other than that I noticed my avatar's magic items were wearing out and not repairing themselves during "rests." This had me stumped for some time (days), until I remembered that magic item repair must be enabled via code in the Z.cfg file. I had neglected to do so when I updated to the most recent release of DaggerfallSetup.exe a while back. Thankfully, no item had deteriorated to the breaking point, though several were close, including his Daedric Katana enchanted with Paralyze On Strike and Feather Weight (or whatever its called). At any rate, he was able to restore everything to new condition after multiple full rests in the Fighters guild. This also let him get in some needed spell practice.

--------------------
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:49 PM