255 Pages V « < 221 222 223 224 225 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Nov 22 2020, 03:48 AM
Post #4441

Master
Group Icon

Just finished driving a super enjoyable TS2021 session. Route and Scenario were both downloaded off Steam Workshop earlier today. Free is good! Though I spent good money on 'official' routes and locos that the free route/scenario are created from. Be that as it may, I had a blast. The route is well laid out and scenically appealing. The scenario provides just the right of blend of shunting, 'distance' driving, and session length. Luckily for you guys I was too engrossed in what I was doing to remember to capture images for screenshots.

On a less positive note, I visited Trainz 2019 for the first time months. I'd forgotten how stuttery it has become. (It didn't start out that way, but became so following one of Win10's 'major' updates.) TS2021 is stutter-free except during infrequent isolated instances. (I experience none of those during the above session.) Graphics quality is overall better in TS2021, especially but not confined to older routes. What's more, driving a steam train in Trainz now seems decidedly underwhelming. To be fair, I'm out of practice manipulating Trainz loco controls. Too, some Train Simulator steam locos aren't as enjoyable as others. Any in case, as of now I give the nod to TS2021. With the caveat that I consider it more of a money sink than is Trainz. (Which isn't to say Trainz isn't one too.)

Almost forgot to mention that I learned how to add assign wagons/ carriages to individual locos for TS2021 QuickDrive sessions. It's super easy, so no great accomplishment. Comes in right handy for those locos that don't provide pre-configured QuickDrive wagon / carriage assignments. (Or do, but only with railcars I don't own and don't want to shell out money for.)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 22 2020, 08:12 PM
Post #4442

Master
Group Icon

Nice, malx! I love horses.

Sorry to hear Trainz is still being stutter, decrepit. That's not good.

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands releases Tuesday at midnight my time. HYPED.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #4443

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Nov 22 2020, 02:12 PM) *

Nice, malx! I love horses.

Sorry to hear Trainz is still being stutter, decrepit. That's not good.

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands releases Tuesday at midnight my time. HYPED.

Thank you! I also love horses; it is what actually drew me to playing this game = it has so much intricate game play attached to the horses!

You can actually capture wild horses in this game and train them for riding; breed them; etc. (Well, technically = some talented people can capture the wild horses. I personally can't; I have tried over 250 times to catch one and failed miserably each time).

Another thing I love in this game = you have to feed your horses or they will not run. They will plod along like a farm mule unless you feed them some stamina-rich food.

Also = I already knew we COULD pet the horses; but I had no idea that the petting animation actually calmed the horse down until a couple days ago! Learning that really floored me, I love that! They thought of everything to make the horses a real part of your gameplay; I love that!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 22 2020, 09:56 PM
Post #4444

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sounds like you really hit home with this game, mALXie laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #4445

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 22 2020, 03:56 PM) *

Sounds like you really hit home with this game, mALXie laugh.gif

Yes, that extra attention on the horses in the game really sold me on playing it. They have A LOT of intricate game play like that; their cooking and alchemy is almost frustrating it is so hard to learn; but that kind of makes it more rewarding when you do finally learn it, lol. Even their questing isn't cut and dried; the NPC's won't give you quests till they trust you; and that doesn't happen overnight; etc. I love this game!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 27 2020, 02:45 AM
Post #4446

Master
Group Icon

After thinking I was getting the hang of steam loco driving in TS2021 it all fell apart with a two-day series of one failure after another. Then this evening I drove a short (40min) passenger/milk-wagon run on the Falmouth route that went perfectly. There was one station I thought I was going to overshoot, but that didn't happen. Admittedly, it was a fairly straightforward run, other than a tiny bit of shunting at the start. It helped that, for once, the station-arrival timetable was loose enough to keep me from panicking. I certainly couldn't dawdle, but I never felt rushed. The loco was pulled by a GWR class 45xx "small prairie" tank, one of several DLC purchased during the games ongoing Steam sale. (Also bought, the "large prairie" and several dirt-cheap ($2.50) passenger coach packs.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 27 2020, 03:27 AM
Post #4447

Master
Group Icon

I just bought Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity for the Switch.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 27 2020, 04:27 PM
Post #4448

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Star Wars: Rebellion is progressing. I now own the entirety of Sesswenna sector, home to the Imperial planet Coruscant.

Vader and Palps are conducting recruitment missions in another sector all while lots and lots of TIE Fighters are being built ASAP wherever I have shipyards.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 27 2020, 11:43 PM
Post #4449

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 26 2020, 08:27 PM) *

I just bought Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity for the Switch.

Ooo how is it?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 28 2020, 01:20 AM
Post #4450

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 27 2020, 05:43 PM) *

Ooo how is it?

Not bad. Plays like Dynasty Warriors but feels like a proper prequel to Breath of the Wild. Its a good game to hold you over till BOTW 2 comes out.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 28 2020, 02:19 AM
Post #4451

Master
Group Icon

Went back to Borderlands 3, and had been away long enough that my earlier "doesn't play EXACTLY like BL2" is no longer a problem.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 29 2020, 02:41 AM
Post #4452

Master
Group Icon

Was burning out on TS2021, until discovering the free Station Workshop route Lenton-on-Sea this afternoon. As luck would have it, I bought the only two requirements I lacked to use the route this morning. (Two $2.49 scenery packs.) Drove a QuickDrive on it after supper, with a LSWR Adams Radial Tank pulled passenger train. Very impressive! Here are two images captured during the run:

(image) LSWR Adams-Radial-Tank pulled passenger train on Lenton-on-Sea route, 1 (image)

(image) LSWR Adams-Radial-Tank pulled passenger train on Lenton-on-Sea route, 4 (image)

Downloaded/installed/tested a new DFU mod earlier today, that provides HiRes replacements for a few NPCs. Otherwise I've done little in Daggerfall these past several days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 29 2020, 07:16 AM
Post #4453

Master
Group Icon

MORROWIND GOTY!!!! I CAN FINALLY BE TRAUMATIZED BY THE CLIFFRACERS SAME WAY YOU GUYS WERE!!! lmao

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 29 2020, 08:27 AM
Post #4454

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Nov 29 2020, 01:16 AM) *

MORROWIND GOTY!!!! I CAN FINALLY BE TRAUMATIZED BY THE CLIFFRACERS SAME WAY YOU GUYS WERE!!! lmao

You will learn to loathe the sound they make.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 29 2020, 09:10 AM
Post #4455

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Nov 29 2020, 07:16 AM) *

What? You don't have the Collector's Edition?

N00b biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 29 2020, 09:20 AM
Post #4456

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: I can’t wait to get stressed out by them while wandering Morrowind <3

@mirocu: no u

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 29 2020, 02:51 PM
Post #4457

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Nov 29 2020, 01:16 AM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 29 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #4458

Master
Group Icon

Found another fine TS2021 Steam Workshop route this morning - HeathField Heritage Line Revisited. Drove a Terrier-pulled passenger train along it. Wish I'd 'filmed' it. It would have made a pleasant YouTube video, I think.

I now have 25 free Workshop routes in my collection, in addition to a couple of free routes found elsewhere! That's in addition to owned payware routes, which I now have more than I like to admit. (Luckily, I bought most of them during sales.) I tend to prefer QuickDrives over Standard and Career scenarios. That might change when/if I become a more competent driver. Timetabled scenarios tend to be my downfall. I suspect that'll hold true even should I become competent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 29 2020, 06:14 PM
Post #4459

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Nov 29 2020, 12:16 AM) *

It’s in my top 3 favorite games of all time, and definitely my favorite Bethesda game. Yeah it’s dated now, but when I first played it I had never played anything like it, and honestly, I don’t think any of the BGS games since have had quite the same “magic” that Morrowind had. Obviously just my opinion, but one I feel pretty strongly about.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 29 2020, 06:28 PM
Post #4460

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 29 2020, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Nov 29 2020, 12:16 AM) *

It’s in my top 3 favorite games of all time, and definitely my favorite Bethesda game. Yeah it’s dated now, but when I first played it I had never played anything like it, and honestly, I don’t think any of the BGS games since have had quite the same “magic” that Morrowind had. Obviously just my opinion, but one I feel pretty strongly about.

Right there with you, Khajiit. It was revolutionary (to me) to have an open world and to be unrestricted to "you HAVE to do these things to play the game." And it was atmospheric in a way that nothing else had been.

Have fun with the racers, Uleni. One mod idea I seriously considered figuring out was a "Racer Repellent" potion... tongue.gif

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 221 222 223 224 225 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:11 AM