Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
haute ecole rider
post Nov 18 2019, 04:33 PM
Post #821

Master
Group Icon

Thanks very much, Acadian! I will go try that!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #822

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 17 2019, 02:52 PM) *

I recently discovered that it is possible to bypass the opening credits when you log on rather than sitting or clicking through them. Here's how:

1. With the game closed down, locate and open the UserSettings.txt file. My path to get there is C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live.

2. Scroll down to the line SkipPregameVideos 0 and change the 0 to 1.

3. Save file.

Wow, I never knew about this! Thanks Acadian!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 18 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #823

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anyone have a play style tip for collecting guts? Normal material foraging is giving me crawlers and worms, and since the torchbugs and butterflies provide Alchemy materials, they get harvested too. But guts come from small creatures that I normally ignore, such as squirrels. ohmy.gif

When Cat Man Dhou ran out while lake fishing in Deshaan, we went clubbing rats in Narsis, which was nearby, but we really need a method that gets more in the "by-product" line of doing something else. I presume most of our stock came from using AoE's that included the source critters, but I don't really know.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2019, 06:49 PM
Post #824

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 18 2019, 12:08 PM) *

Does anyone have a play style tip for collecting guts? Normal material foraging is giving me crawlers and worms, and since the torchbugs and butterflies provide Alchemy materials, they get harvested too. But guts come from small creatures that I normally ignore, such as squirrels. ohmy.gif

When Cat Man Dhou ran out while lake fishing in Deshaan, we went clubbing rats in Narsis, which was nearby, but we really need a method that gets more in the "by-product" line of doing something else. I presume most of our stock came from using AoE's that included the source critters, but I don't really know.

Alikr Desert goats? They are everywhere; and out in the Desert it isn't a crime to kill them. Also, in Summerset there is a creek that runs down to the oceanfront right next to the City of Alinor. (the creek with the Skyshard at the top of it) = killing the little baby animals at the head of that creek produces guts; and they respawn really fast. I fished a lot up there just using what I could kill for bait one day.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 18 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #825

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2019, 12:49 PM) *

Alikr Desert goats? They are everywhere; and out in the Desert it isn't a crime to kill them. Also, in Summerset there is a creek that runs down to the oceanfront right next to the City of Alinor. (the creek with the Skyshard at the top of it) = killing the little baby animals at the head of that creek produces guts; and they respawn really fast. I fished a lot up there just using what I could kill for bait one day.

I'm trying to avoid specifically farming any critters. If I did that, then the Narsis rats respawn as fast as you can harvest them. The problem is that it's time dedicated to the one activity of guts-harvesting, and doesn't have any other benefit. All the other bait sources are by-products of other harvesting, so I get two items for the work of one. Guts seem to be the exception to this.

It may be a question of having my characters open with their AoE skills more often when they're doing Bolgrul's delves, or something similar. If there are random small critters among the victims, then I'll pick up some guts as I go, which is probably how I got any in the first place. The UESP suggests they may also drop from Zombies, which are a decent source of other drops, but that would be a slow way to gather the guts.

Cat Man Dhou himself may not have an AoE damage skill, just buffs/debuffs for tanking. He was clubbing rats one-on-one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 19 2019, 06:20 PM
Post #826

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 18 2019, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2019, 12:49 PM) *

I'm trying to avoid specifically farming any critters. If I did that, then the Narsis rats respawn as fast as you can harvest them. The problem is that it's time dedicated to the one activity of guts-harvesting, and doesn't have any other benefit. All the other bait sources are by-products of other harvesting, so I get two items for the work of one. Guts seem to be the exception to this.

It may be a question of having my characters open with their AoE skills more often when they're doing Bolgrul's delves, or something similar. If there are random small critters among the victims, then I'll pick up some guts as I go, which is probably how I got any in the first place. The UESP suggests they may also drop from Zombies, which are a decent source of other drops, but that would be a slow way to gather the guts.

Cat Man Dhou himself may not have an AoE damage skill, just buffs/debuffs for tanking. He was clubbing rats one-on-one.

Not really; it is just farming an area (not farming the guts). There is plenty more for you to farm up while in those areas; they just have a higher concentration of Guts than you might find in other areas. Both spots give you all the regular Alchemy and Equipment nodes too; it just gives you a location that also produces guts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 19 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #827

Paladin
Group Icon

When Buffy is carrying staves, she eats savory rations based on fish. When using bows, however, she eats ragout rations made from rabbit. Therefore, she's quite adept at rabbit hunting and well stocked with guts. The synergy here is that the guts help her fish for her savory food.

So. . . if some sort of bunny-based food suits your needs, hunting them works to keep your guts bait up; if not, let me know and I'm sure Buffy will be happy to send you a thousand or so portions of guts.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 19 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #828

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 19 2019, 01:25 PM) *

When Buffy is carrying staves, she eats savory rations based on fish. When using bows, however, she eats ragout rations made from rabbit. Therefore, she's quite adept at rabbit hunting and well stocked with guts. The synergy here is that the guts help her fish for her savory food.

So. . . if some sort of bunny-based food suits your needs, hunting them works to keep your guts bait up; if not, let me know and I'm sure Buffy will be happy to send you a thousand or so portions of guts.

Now that's useful! I didn't know that rabbits were guts+ingredient sources. The USEP wiki lists sources that give only guts, making them less productive to farm. Although Cat Man Dhou is using up all the Crown Fortifying Meals - ESO MRE's - there are other characters who might gather bunny for their own use, especially Bo.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 3 2021, 07:54 PM
Post #829

Paladin
Group Icon

So here's a Cyrodiil trick I read on the forum, then confirmed in Cyrodiil during the current Midyear Mayhem event:

'Healing Done' boosts how much repair you do on each use of a repair kit. The the bigger each repair, the bigger each AP boost from the repairs. So Buffy boosted her healing done stat by temporarily taking the Ritual Mundus stone (10% with her Divines gear). Then she put on two mismatching monster set pieces she had that each boost healing done by 4% (Earthgore and Symphony of Blades I think). Then she crafted two rings of the Senche-rahts's Grit set (another 4% bonus). Finally she took the first perk in one of the support alliance line passives that grants 10% to healing done when near a keep. That's a lot of healing done. So each repair kit repaired for +8k and granted her around 200 AP which was notably more efficient, fast and effective at getting max AP from each repair kit. So she was earning ~200 AP from each repair kit and each wall repair kit was costing her 300 AP so she had to augment with gold to buy them much less than she would otherwise. Only drawback was any type of fighting or keep/resource capturing required changing out of that substandard (for combat) gear.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 3 2021, 08:33 PM
Post #830

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 3 2021, 01:54 PM) *

So here's a Cyrodiil trick I read on the forum, then confirmed in Cyrodiil during the current Midyear Mayhem event:

'Healing Done' boosts how much repair you do on each use of a repair kit. The the bigger each repair, the bigger each AP boost from the repairs. So Buffy boosted her healing done stat by temporarily taking the Ritual Mundus stone (10% with her Divines gear). Then she put on two mismatching monster set pieces she had that each boost healing done by 4% (Earthgore and Symphony of Blades I think). Then she crafted two rings of the Senche-rahts's Grit set (another 4% bonus). Finally she took the first perk in one of the support alliance line passives that grants 10% to healing done when near a keep. That's a lot of healing done. So each repair kit repaired for +8k and granted her around 200 AP which was notably more efficient, fast and effective at getting max AP from each repair kit. So she was earning ~200 AP from each repair kit and each wall repair kit was costing her 300 AP so she had to augment with gold to buy them much less than she would otherwise. Only drawback was any type of fighting or keep/resource capturing required changing out of that substandard (for combat) gear.

Oh, this is an Awesome tip! Thank you so much!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 11 2021, 11:16 PM
Post #831

Ancient
Group Icon

Alcast Magicka Templar Healer Build = I believe this was updated for the Patch.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-healer-build-pve/

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Mar 12 2021, 02:24 PM
Post #832

Master
Group Icon

Alcast updated everything for the new update, so the champion system reflects the new changes. I went through all nine of my toons and got them back up and running re: CP, skills and passives. Playing extensively with Maz, and everything feels like it did before, so I'm pretty satisfied.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 12 2021, 04:16 PM
Post #833

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Mar 12 2021, 08:24 AM) *

Alcast updated everything for the new update, so the champion system reflects the new changes. I went through all nine of my toons and got them back up and running re: CP, skills and passives. Playing extensively with Maz, and everything feels like it did before, so I'm pretty satisfied.

That sounds really good and encouraging! I hope I can make it through this transition; I had just gotten my characters where I was happy with them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 30 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #834

Councilor
Group Icon

I remembered this tip while scrying antiquities with a youngster in Coldharbour. If you scry a location that is quest locked or otherwise far too annoying, you can just abandon the item and scry again. Eventually you will get a reachable dig site.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 30 2021, 07:13 PM
Post #835

Paladin
Group Icon

Good to know, Grits - thanks!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 30 2021, 07:19 PM
Post #836

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 30 2021, 01:17 PM) *

I remembered this tip while scrying antiquities with a youngster in Coldharbour. If you scry a location that is quest locked or otherwise far too annoying, you can just abandon the item and scry again. Eventually you will get a reachable dig site.

Ooh, nice tip!!! Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 5 2021, 03:09 PM
Post #837

Councilor
Group Icon

One thing to keep in mind as we build up our companions: they have the same equipment and skill selection for each character that summons them. So Bastian can't be tank for one, and healer for another. The only per-character things are rapport and appearance.

That's likely to be a problem early on, as we have more than two roles we'd like to fill. When they add more companions, it should get easier.

ETA: The amount of rapport for each action seems to vary A LOT!! UESP now has a partial table here and it looks like those FG and MG dailies are going to the main way we raise it. The Vvardenfell ruin daily makes sense for Mirri, and I'd imagine Bastian also has one that's not discovered yet. Unna and Nadja take him via Eyevea to get to the FG one, for that extra boost.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 9 2021, 06:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 22 2021, 06:04 PM
Post #838

Councilor
Group Icon

Midyear Mayhem begins on Thursday! If you would like to collect your tickets in an orderly manner without being ganked (probably), now is the time to complete IC and Cyrodiil dailies. Just hold them to turn in one at a time during the mayhem.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 22 2021, 06:54 PM
Post #839

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, Grits! I remember this being one of your great ideas from last time around. Buffy has a scouting mission and two Cropsford quests done and ready for turn in so far.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 24 2021, 10:11 PM
Post #840

Master
Group Icon

What exactly means "farming" in ESO?

I asked in Public Chat Murkmire today for any hints about obtaining items from Bright Throat Set and two members answered something like "Go farming to the south of the region". I got some other replies as well, like repeatably bringing down WBs but I see this farming being mentioned fairly often, also in other regards.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

44 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 AM