13 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
Lopov
post Dec 3 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #181

Master
Group Icon

Now that Shonta Quassan is down in Shadowfen, I'm thinking of traveling even farther south, to Murkmire. From what I read, avoiding spoilers, it makes sense to do it at any time, unlike with some other DLCs for which it is advised to be done one before another, else some statements from NPCs might not make sense.

What are your opinions on Murkmire? Is it more or less like Shadowfen?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 3 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #182

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy loved Murkmire. Since you like Shadowfen, I suspect you'll like Murkmire.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 10 2019, 12:05 AM
Post #183

Mouth
Group Icon

I think I have been doing something wrong with my CP allocation, because certain things I think I am improving...don't actually seem to be improving. And some skills seem to overlap. I just tried searching for some tips and found these sources. If anybody wants or needs some tips, here they are. I'm likely to allocate my points as soon as I get a full understanding of the CP skills.

https://alcasthq.com/

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...champion-points

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=51379

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 10 2019, 04:16 AM
Post #184

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 9 2019, 06:05 PM) *

I think I have been doing something wrong with my CP allocation, because certain things I think I am improving...don't actually seem to be improving. And some skills seem to overlap. I just tried searching for some tips and found these sources. If anybody wants or needs some tips, here they are. I'm likely to allocate my points as soon as I get a full understanding of the CP skills.

https://alcasthq.com/

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...champion-points

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=51379

One of the things that may give your build problems is that some of the CP Points are for PvP and some are for PvE. As long as you are just PvP'ing in the Battlegrounds; then you should build for PvE because the Battlegrounds doesn't use CP Points. (also for if you PvP in the "Non-CP campaign).

CP Points that you shouldn't waste points in unless you PvP exclusively:

Siphoner

Resistant

Also; some of the damage ones are strictly for Magicka characters and some are strictly for Stamina characters; so if you play Stamina = you don't want to waste points in the skills specifically for Magicka characters (and vice versa).

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 10 2019, 04:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 30 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #185

Mouth
Group Icon

Evelona Mathieu hit level 50 this morning! A bunch of equipment I had waiting for her was finally equipped, although unfortunately it didn't amount to 2 full sets like I was hoping. (The one that was a full set, Crafty Alfiq, was one I was less concerned about having; I wanted my Spider Cultist or another set for the extra damage).

However, I was under the impression that she, too, gets 4.8 million XP enlightenment upon hitting 50. I remembered reading that somewhere like the ESO forum or Alcast. She didn't get it though. So I thought maybe she will get 400K either 24 hours after or at the same time Cincy does since he was first...

...So I'm looking it up again, and now I see that enlightenment is only account-wide, not per character? And that 4.8M XP boost was only your first character? Is that really the case that my account only gets 400K flat?

If so, that makes me REALLY mad. I wasted all that time leveling up Evelona when I should've just focused on Cincy throughout the New Life Festival! I'm not sure whether to be mad at the people who made those comments for misleading me, myself for misunderstanding, or both, or whatever, but that is REALLY annoying.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 30 2019, 10:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 30 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #186

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 30 2019, 04:21 PM) *

Evelona Mathieu hit level 50 this morning! A bunch of equipment I had waiting for her was finally equipped, although unfortunately it didn't amount to 2 full sets like I was hoping. (The one that was a full set, Crafty Alfiq, was one I was less concerned about having; I wanted my Spider Cultist or another set for the extra damage).

However, I was under the impression that she, too, gets 4.8 million XP enlightenment upon hitting 50. I remembered reading that somewhere like the ESO forum or Alcast. She didn't get it though. So I thought maybe she will get 400K either 24 hours after or at the same time Cincy does since he was first...

...So I'm looking it up again, and now I see that enlightenment is only account-wide, not per character? And that 4.8M XP boost was only your first character? Is that really the case that my account only gets 400K flat?

If so, that makes me REALLY mad. I wasted all that time leveling up Evelona when I should've just focused on Cincy throughout the New Life Festival! I'm not sure whether to be mad at the people who made those comments for misleading me, myself for misunderstanding, or both, or whatever, but that is REALLY annoying.

She is riding on the coat-tails of Cincy's CP; she didn't earn the CP herself = so Cincy is the only one who gets the reward for it; though your other characters can all share the benefits of Cincy's hard work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 9 2020, 09:11 PM
Post #187

Master
Group Icon

Hello Chorrolites!

As some of you know, since August of 2018 I’ve been taking a day off from work for each of my toons’ ESO anniversaries. I take that toon out for the day, and all we do is whatever that toon wants to do. Alise got to be the first one to go to Clockwork City, Argis worked on his Master Angler achievement, Julian started Northern Elsweyr, and so on. Sometimes, like Maz, we just catch up on WB’s and public/group dungeons, other times we just focus on progressing through that toon’s current campaign.

This coming weekend is going to be a bit special - I’ve taken my Tim Cook days off around the weekend, and also have a regular vacation day coming up for Stefan’s second ESO anniversary. He is currently working on his Caldwell’s silver, and we are starting Grahtwood today. But he has several dungeons and some WB’s left untouched back in DC, and is thinking of using his anniversary to turn some map icons white. I might be putting out calls in guild chat for assistance on those adventures, we’ll see how things go!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 9 2020, 10:16 PM
Post #188

Paladin
Group Icon

What a nice tradition to celebrate each character's anniversaries! happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #189

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna's appearance is an outfit, so what she actually wears doesn't affect it. She wants to revise her gear so that she can swap between 2H/Bow as a DPS, and 1H+S/?? for "fake tank" cover. We're unsure yet whether that set-up keeps the 2H or the Bow.

As my first character, there was little consideration to placement of her current sets - Hunding's and Sword-Singer, with a single slot left for Monster piece. So she has Hunding's weapons, but Sword-Singer jewels, and a mix of body pieces. It would have made more sense to have Sword-Singer on the 2H sword, as it benefits only 2H. But at the time, it seemed more logical to have both sword and bow the same set. Plus, she was once 2H/2H, and so placement was less of an issue.

We're now thinking that the body set should be the damage or armour/health set that gets swapped with role, as the armor skill lines work better that way. On the other hand, we're swapping weapons to do the other role, so there's an argument for the weapon/jewel set there.

And insights? Should we swap both sets?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #190

Councilor
Group Icon

Happy anniversary to Stefan! cake.gif viking.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 12 2020, 10:18 AM) *

Unna's appearance is an outfit, so what she actually wears doesn't affect it. She wants to revise her gear so that she can swap between 2H/Bow as a DPS, and 1H+S/?? for "fake tank" cover. We're unsure yet whether that set-up keeps the 2H or the Bow.

As my first character, there was little consideration to placement of her current sets - Hunding's and Sword-Singer, with a single slot left for Monster piece. So she has Hunding's weapons, but Sword-Singer jewels, and a mix of body pieces. It would have made more sense to have Sword-Singer on the 2H sword, as it benefits only 2H. But at the time, it seemed more logical to have both sword and bow the same set. Plus, she was once 2H/2H, and so placement was less of an issue.

We're now thinking that the body set should be the damage or armour/health set that gets swapped with role, as the armor skill lines work better that way. On the other hand, we're swapping weapons to do the other role, so there's an argument for the weapon/jewel set there.

In general I like to collect sets in Chest/Weapon/Weapon/Leg/Hand and Jewelryx3/Feet/Waist, leaving head and shoulders for monster sets. That way it is easy to swap them out even between characters.

For dropped sets the second group is easy to find overland in delves and dolmens. I find that the chest and weapons are harder to find in a trait that I want, so I usually choose a crafted set for at least one group.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 12 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #191

Paladin
Group Icon

ghastley, no insight or ideas since I run 5xcrafted, 5xoverland(or dungeon) and 2xmonster.

I believe I understand what you are talking about. For example, you might run Sword-Singerx3 and Plague Drx3 before considering weapons. Then let your weapons grant you the top bonuses depending on which bar you were on. Sword + shield in Plague Dr would allow you that set's top bonuses when on your tank bar while having a 2H sword in Sword Singer would grant you that set's top bonuses when on your 2H bar. Fancy stuff and I'm not sure how well it works since Buffy only runs bow/bow or staff/staff.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2020, 07:19 PM
Post #192

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 12 2020, 11:21 AM) *

In general I like to collect sets in Chest/Weapon/Weapon/Leg/Hand and Jewelryx3/Feet/Waist, leaving head and shoulders for monster sets. That way it is easy to swap them out even between characters.

How does that play out with the Armor Skill lines giving bonuses for 5 pieces? Unna would want to swap a 5-piece Medium setup for a 5-piece Heavy when she goes from DPS to Tank. I suppose the Monster set could be two of the weight so only Chest/Leg/Hand would need to match. Is that what you do?

My understanding was that the Jewels and Weapons being a set allows you to use any "weight", as that doesn't count for those slots, so a magicka user can make that Rattlecage, for example. Jewels are easiest to gather as a dropped set from dolmens, which is why Unna has the Sword-Singer there.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 12 2020, 07:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2020, 07:52 PM
Post #193

Councilor
Group Icon

I generally ignore the armor weight bonuses because it’s too much for me to organize over four Jerrics. Especially since the crew started swapping monster sets between characters. panic.gif Sometimes it works out, though, since I tend to craft the chest piece in heavy to help them survive solo. Also Elke makes extra pieces to balance the weights with changing monster sets if the character is going for the Undaunted passives.

There are some three-piece sets like Agility to toss into the mix. Not sure if that helps or just adds confusion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2020, 09:12 PM
Post #194

Councilor
Group Icon

I do note that I'm getting opinions from the 8-Buffys and 4-Jerrics camps here, so you two have already gone down the road of swapping the entire character. laugh.gif

I'll probably end up with a full equipment swap and two other sets for tanking. With the legs slot unused, monster is only shoulder or helm, and the one-piece bonuses aren't very specific. Since I probably will leave her all-stamina, and not adjust CP either, a two-set change might be needed anyway.

In most cases, logging onto a different character IS the answer, but I want to try the adaptable character experiment, just because.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #195

Councilor
Group Icon

biggrin.gif Templar Jerric is wearing me out by constantly switching between his stamina and magicka builds. It may be time to make him a backup Templar, lol. He already has the gear! And don’t get me started on switching between PvE and PvP. His stam-warden self got recruited by a Colovian guild a couple of days ago. Every time I think about reallocating CP for Cyrodiil, I get a headache. I’m going to try to get away with just a gear and skill swap.

I think that keeping a full change of armor in the backpack is a good answer. Most of the Jerrics carry one or two spare five piece sets since bag space isn’t an issue for them. Even Abiene and Darnand carry extra monster sets. In case a fire effect or Darnand’s daedroth interfere with another player’s ability to see tells, for example.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 12 2020, 10:15 PM
Post #196

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy the healing templar has the most complex/exacting gear. Seducerx5 (easy). Earthgorex2 (easy since the Golden Gurl in Cyrodiil cooperated by offering the helms). Rattlecagex5 (not easy) since it is a heavy set and Buffy wants 5(light), 1heavy and 1medium.

Rattlecage meant farming VoM solo (at the upper range of what she can solo) until she got 1 cuirass, 2 jewelry, 1 shock staff, 1 resto staff. Needless to say, she knows that dungeon extremely well! The end result is worth it. Rattlecage is a decent mage set and provides full time passive Major Sorcery (boosts heals and damage) which is something templar's don't have class access to and really want. We consider other means to get Major Sorcery unacceptable (no room to slot Degeneration since it is a poor skill and will not rely on sucking spell power potions every minute in combat).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2020, 02:16 AM
Post #197

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 9 2020, 03:11 PM) *

Hello Chorrolites!

As some of you know, since August of 2018 I’ve been taking a day off from work for each of my toons’ ESO anniversaries. I take that toon out for the day, and all we do is whatever that toon wants to do. Alise got to be the first one to go to Clockwork City, Argis worked on his Master Angler achievement, Julian started Northern Elsweyr, and so on. Sometimes, like Maz, we just catch up on WB’s and public/group dungeons, other times we just focus on progressing through that toon’s current campaign.

This coming weekend is going to be a bit special - I’ve taken my Tim Cook days off around the weekend, and also have a regular vacation day coming up for Stefan’s second ESO anniversary. He is currently working on his Caldwell’s silver, and we are starting Grahtwood today. But he has several dungeons and some WB’s left untouched back in DC, and is thinking of using his anniversary to turn some map icons white. I might be putting out calls in guild chat for assistance on those adventures, we’ll see how things go!

I love this, how cool for your characters to get a special day! Thank you so much for teaching me how to find my own character's anniversaries; I intend to look them up and log them one day!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2020, 03:28 AM
Post #198

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 12 2020, 10:18 AM) *

If you go on the PTS server and use the "Template" feature = you will get one of every set in the game; and can test those sets out on any PvE combat; (or try them out on a combat dummy) = check each set out and see which one is worth gathering and saving up for = find which setup best suits your characters; etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Feb 13 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #199

Mouth
Group Icon

So with the Murkmire event upon us next week, who wants to do Blackrose Prison after it starts? That's a place I've really been wanting to try, and I figure that this event is the perfect time to do it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 17 2020, 01:34 AM
Post #200

Mouth
Group Icon

This will probably sound like it came out of nowhere to all of you, but I canceled my ESO+ subscription this week.

I still love the game and it's great, but some grievances have just built up to the point that I don't think they have earned more money from me. It's almost all for technical reasons. Cyrodiil's bugs and glitches just keep getting worse and worse, and new ones far too frequently pop up. These include but are NOT limited to: Abilities being delayed or not going off at all; deliberate exploits from players (e.g. casting Ultimate abilities through doors, bogging down the servers with CC (crowd control) abilities; the Rapid Maneuver ability in particular often needing to be cast twice to actually have an effect; and falling through the top and bottom floors of a keep's walls and thus preventing me from leaving it without using the "/stuck" command. It's getting to be slowly and completely unplayable, and ZOS seems to have little to no interest in fixing these problems. I've even had a couple of these issues leak a bit OUTSIDE of Cyrodiil for me, particularly random quick load screens.

Another irksome thing is a bad change to Battlegrounds, as well as one that HASN'T been made. There used to just be one queue, where you could either go in solo or with a group. At first, I was annoyed by pre-made groups being in there, but eventually I didn't mind. There were plenty of pre-mades (or what I assume were pre-mades) that I beat and then I had the option to play with friends as well. With Update 25, it is now SOLO ONLY. What they should have done was make two separate queues: one for solo, one for pre-made groups. I don't understand why they couldn't do that.

Even so, it would've been much better if they kept the queue the way it was. The REAL problem was how often games would start with lopsided matches; that is, where teams would be uneven to begin a match. So many times I was in games that started 4v3v3 or 4v4v3 that stayed that way or took a long time to even out. Even worse, I was in more than a handful of games that started 4v3v2. Conveniently, most of the time I was on a disadvantaged team, but even when I benefited from the unevenness it made victories feel rather hollow. They should've coded it so that games HAVE to start EVENLY. Force it to be 3v3v3 if need be. If people leave during the match and that makes it uneven, then of course there's nothing that can be done about that. But for starting games, it should be required to have even teams, and when new players come in make sure there are 1 for each team to keep the game even. It's almost impossible to win a Battleground with less players on your team (I did manage to pull out a victory in 1 game of Chaosball and 1 of Domination, but that's it).

I had already pre-ordered Greymoor, though, and I'm not going to try to refund that. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. But PvE isn't what has mainly driven my grievances. I'm still very much looking forward to returning to Western Skyrim.

But one reason that is not ZOS's fault is that I have been playing ESO way too much the past few months or so. I need to really cut it back. That'll be much easier now that I am CP810. I still have some brand new content left, but for the most part it's just the endgame in Cyrodiil for me now, the main source of my problems. If that wasn't the case, I'd be more inclined to keep my subscription. I still run with my PvP guild, but we are very frustrated with the technical state of Cyrodiil. At least several of my guildmates also canceled their subscription because of the Cyrodiil issues. ZOS really needs to address at least some of these issues.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:13 PM