Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evergloam, And a bit of Moonshadow, too. Post-TG quests.
ghastley
post Jul 15 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Now that my Nocturnal character has advanced to becoming a full-time NPC, it's time to open this thread to track progress on the mod.

I've done enough world-building for now, having converted a couple of Oblivion worlds into islands in Evergloam (Nocturnal's realm) and Moonshadow (Azura's realm). That meant replacing all textures, swapping Oblivion rocks for regular ones, removing all creatures and plants, and then replanting more appropriate ones. The castle and palace were added and furnished, and some new races and creatures created, and outfits, and furniture, and portals, and ...

Now I'm starting to create quests. The first one has the player woken up by Nocturnal when he/she sleeps at the Guildmaster's quarters after becoming the new Gray Fox.

She summons you to her shrine outside Leyawiin, where she opens a portal to Evergloam. There's a castle on an island there, with a small number of Daedra Seducers as guards. Her realm has no sun (or moons) so is permanently in a slightly foggy darkness. Terrain uses Ordered textures, and all that grows is fungi, mainly the mushroom trees from SI, but also using the Tamriel ones, such as stinkhorn and enteloma. No enemies wandering around (yet?)

Nocturnal sets you the task of stealing the giant crystal ball from the basement of the Imperial Palace. Because it's so large, you need a Bag of Holding, and a special scroll, to get it out of there. As a Daedric Princess, Nocturnal has sufficient magical power to enchant the thing, something no mortal mage could manage.

She'll be using it to scry for items that she wants the player to steal or recover, each of which will add a separate quest.

Some of those will likely be Daedric Artifacts that have appeared in earlier games, but weren't in TES IV : Oblivion. At some point, one of the quests will take you to Azura's realm of Moonshadow, via a portal in Nocturnal's secret castle basement. I'm currently thinking it will involve recovering her Crescent (counterpart to Azura's Star, still trying to decide what it does). Since the castle is not in Tamriel, portals to other worlds aren't restricted the same way. In particular, Mehrunes Dagon's Deadlands are accessible from Evergloam or Moonshadow. The player can always go to SI via Tamriel, so no direct portal would be needed.

In Moonshadow, you'll emerge on an island that is permanently going through sunrise or sunset. You come in at the top, and her "beach hut" is a small palace off the coast, facing east to catch the sunrise. I've used Gold Coast terrain, and fall foliage to make best use of the gold/pink natural lighting. There's an underground section of the route down the mountain, which may get adversaries added. Her guards are again Daedra Seducers, but there's also a Winged Twilight waiting around to run errands for her.

Azura's island also has a cave, separate from the tunnel, that could have its own denizens that might be hostile. Nocturnal's currently does not, but has the opportunity for adding them. Those would give me the opportunity for local quests to interrupt the main sequence.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 16 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Screen-shots of the first quest:

Woken up by Nocturnal - Burk seems to have stars in his eyes.

Where did she go?

Here, I guess

Looks good from here

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 1 2016, 09:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 16 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

"Burk seems to have stars in his eyes." - BWAAHAA! I saw them too, lol.

GAAAAAH! Does having SI mushrooms mean having SI is a requirement for the mod? Urk?

I am loving this mod, can't wait to hear about the quests! Hope Clark gets to visit, lol. Awesome, AWESOME job you are doing on this mod, I am loving it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 16 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2013, 04:45 AM) *

GAAAAAH! Does having SI mushrooms mean having SI is a requirement for the mod? Urk?

Since they aren't essential to the operation of the mod, just there as decoration, it should be possible to include a non-SI esp as an alternative. Evergloam will look a bit bare, but that's not inappropriate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 19 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Winged Twilight

I'm desperately in need of creatures for Evergloam and Moonshadow that aren't essentially bare-breasted women, but lore dictates Winged Twilights for Azura, and the only Daedra I've found connected to Nocturnal were the Seducers. The caves may just get wild animals, as nothing else seems to fit. A few deer belong on Moonshadow Island, but I'm not sure what the equivalent harmless creature would be in Evergloam.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 19 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

LOVE the Winged Twilight, they should come in both male and female (with the males tackle as well done as if AlienSlof herself made them, lol.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!! (That is for the SI not being required, or for AlienSlof's boners, lol).

A gentle animal that is not a deer? A bunny rabbit? A chicken? A cow? Oh - goats. They fit in any realm!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 19 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

Bats for Evergloam maybe?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 19 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 19 2013, 11:27 AM) *

Bats for Evergloam maybe?

And ravens wherever there's enough light. Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 20 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

How about foxes? And maybe butterflies could become luna moths.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 20 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 20 2013, 02:57 PM) *

How about foxes? And maybe butterflies could become luna moths.

Ooh, both great ideas - much better than the ones I threw out there, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 20 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I would still like to see a Horned Twilight!! tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 20 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 20 2013, 03:26 PM) *

Well, I would still like to see a Horned Twilight!! tongue.gif

Agreed!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 20 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Now don't get Azura going! She's a demanding woman at the best of times.

She'd want one of these standing next to her bed, ready to fulfill her slightest whim.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 1 2016, 09:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 21 2013, 02:15 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

ghastley, let’s not underestimate Azura. It’s my belief that she would require at least two.

ETA: On a real keyboard now. Looking great, especially those claws and feet! (And that’s quite an impressive censor bar.)

This post has been edited by Grits: Jul 21 2013, 04:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 21 2013, 07:00 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 20 2013, 05:32 PM) *

Now don't get Azura going! She's a demanding woman at the best of times.

She'd want one of these standing next to her bed, ready to fulfill her slightest whim.

BWAAHAA! Now we're talking!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 21 2013, 07:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 22 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anyone have experience of using a modded bow with its speed altered? One of the quests I'm adding will retrieve Nocturnal's Bow of Shadows, which the Lore says confers fortified speed. Since a weapon can only have damage enhancements, I'm intending to have the speed on the bow itself, rather than affect the user. The enchantments will be Silence and damage health, making it a good mage-killer weapon.

I'm hoping to make this something like a cross between Farwil and Culotte, in that you have to rescue someone from an Oblivion world, and the opposition's all on the way out. She's the one that Nocturnal gave the bow to, but you have to find it, and her armor, before rescuing her, so she's equipped to help fight on the way out. If she survives, Nocturnal may let her keep the bow, even if you gave her another.

I've already cloned an Oblivion world, and chained the Bosmer up where the Dremora can have their way with her. I still have to place the extra Dremora that will appear once she's released, so she hasn't been able to use the bow yet.

Azura's quest will recover her crescent, which gets filled with magical energy the other way. The one that Skingrad mages use. That's why Azura gives the star away, but keeps the crescent for her own use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 22 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 22 2013, 03:00 PM) *

Does anyone have experience of using a modded bow with its speed altered? One of the quests I'm adding will retrieve Nocturnal's Bow of Shadows, which the Lore says confers fortified speed. Since a weapon can only have damage enhancements, I'm intending to have the speed on the bow itself, rather than affect the user. The enchantments will be Silence and damage health, making it a good mage-killer weapon.

I'm hoping to make this something like a cross between Farwil and Culotte, in that you have to rescue someone from an Oblivion world, and the opposition's all on the way out. She's the one that Nocturnal gave the bow to, but you have to find it, and her armor, before rescuing her, so she's equipped to help fight on the way out. If she survives, Nocturnal may let her keep the bow, even if you gave her another.

I've already cloned an Oblivion world, and chained the Bosmer up where the Dremora can have their way with her. I still have to place the extra Dremora that will appear once she's released, so she hasn't been able to use the bow yet.

Azura's quest will recover her crescent, which gets filled with magical energy the other way. The one that Skingrad mages use. That's why Azura gives the star away, but keeps the crescent for her own use.

What you might try doing is adding a script that runs whenever the bow is equipped, adding the speed fortification. I experimented with this a long time ago. I cannot remember if I actually got it to work or not. The code looked like this:

CODE
scn 1Nightstaff1Script

begin OnEquip Player
player.addspell 1DefensiveNightStaff1Spell
end

begin OnUnequip player
player.removespell 1DefensiveNightStaff1Spell
end

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 22 2013, 08:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 22 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Forgot to mention: Thanks to mr_siika, Evergloam now has Ravens circling over the castle, and the entry portal. I also have bats ready to install in a cave somewhere nearby.

Moonshadow has some deer roaming around, and I'm weighing the choices for who stole her crescent, and where it's hidden. I have a cave on the island that hasn't been populated yet, so it will probably get used, but it might only be part of the path.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 22 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #19

Paladin
Group Icon

The ravens sound cool!

Regarding speed and bows. . .

If you are talking about the bow conferring a bonus to the user's speed attribute, then I defer to SubRosa.

If you are talking about bow speed, I believe increasing a bow's speed from its default of 1.0 will simply speed reload and bowstring draw time, allowing the shooter a faster rate of fire - but not affecting the arrow's speed through the air.

If you increase an arrow's default speed from its default of 1.0, the arrow will travel faster through the air. This will affect its trajectory and take some practice relearning how to aim longer shots.

Since Buffy uses the equivalent of a .50 caliber sniper rifle for a bow, it could make sense to slow her bow speed and increase the speed of her arrows. . . but we just leave 'em both at default.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 23 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 22 2013, 03:00 PM) *

ROFL !!! You have an exceptional memory!

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM