Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hircine and Hagravens, - any connection?
ghastley
post May 8 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Since Hircine is the Father of Manbeasts, it seems appropriate that he'd have something to do with all the intermediate forms, such as hagravens and harpies

However, the Argonians and Khajiit aren't his, and nor are Winged Twilights, Spider Daedra etc. So what are the "rules", if any? Does it need to be a transformation that can go both ways?

And if not Hircine, then do the hagravens have any Daedric affiliation?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghastley
post May 8 2017, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

That's a reasonable divide. Person<->animal is Hircine's job. Permanent "hybrids" aren't.

I read a good short story by Larry Niven where a wizard tries to dispel the magic that sustains a werewolf's form, only to find that this was one of the rare instances of a wolf transforming into a human. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post May 9 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 8 2017, 06:00 PM) *

That's a reasonable divide. Person<->animal is Hircine's job. Permanent "hybrids" aren't.

Consider also that in Skyrim, Hircine seems to enjoy the hunter becoming the hunted, which fits the lycanthropes he created very well.

I think it's also worth mentioning vampires. Both vampirism and lycanthropy are diseases that can be imbued by the Daedra Lord that created them, gifted from one person to another, or simply inflicted upon a victim. These similarities suggest something of a hallmark of daedric handiwork. Becoming a hagraven on the other hand is a ritual, seemingly setting it apart from other Daedric transformations.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:04 PM