Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Cyrodiil
Renee
post Mar 13 2017, 01:27 AM
Post #201

Councilor
Group Icon

Two new things for this post.

1). I've never seen a guard open a prisoner's cell door, for apparently no reason. Kahreem got thrown into jail last night once again, okay? He's in jail with Jorundr, dreading the days ahead, when all the sudden a guard just (for nor reason) opens up the cell door they're both in.

I'm like "whoa." And Kahreem simply walks out of there. biggrin.gif Because, why not? As he walked up the hallway, the guard did nothing, but there was a message saying his "bounty had been increased for his jailbreak." What???

Kahreem decided to just stay in that immediate area...he didn't try to leave the dungeon altogether. He's always served his sentences. But what was really neat was he was able to just walk around the lower room he was in. It was like being in jail, yet having the ability to walk around, as long as he doesn't try to leave the place altogether.

2). He was also able to find another cell to sleep in. The bedroll in this cell gave me the message "Do you want to just serve your sentence?" when he tried to sleep on it. Which is good for him... he had no desire to share another term with that weirdo Jorundr. laugh.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 13 2017, 03:16 AM
Post #202

Ancient
Group Icon

That is hilarious!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2017, 03:53 AM
Post #203

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, Kahreem is most decidedly the expert when it comes to Cyrodiilic prisons! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 13 2017, 08:21 AM
Post #204

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That was such an awesome thing! Kahreem must have gotten a bit of privilege for being a good jailbird laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 11 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #205

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow. huh.gif

Okay, I have NEVER heard First Mate Malvulis sing before. This is the dark elf who stands outside of the Marie Elena, the one who warns us not to get "too close" to her stupid pirate ship. In RG3s game, she is a permanent fixture, since my character never got too close to the ship before, she's never had to deal with getting attacked.

But still. We've walked by this Dunmer a zillion times, and a variety of my others have walked by her a zillion more times. Never heard her sing before, we've only heard the male pirates sing.

But yeah, according to UESP "There once was hardy [sic] young lad of the sea... A Redguard of courage and honor was he... Sail on, my Cyrus, sail on..." she says. Wow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 11 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #206

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 11 2017, 05:54 PM) *

Wow. huh.gif

Okay, I have NEVER heard First Mate Malvulis sing before. This is the dark elf who stands outside of the Marie Elena, the one who warns us not to get "too close" to her stupid pirate ship. In RG3s game, she is a permanent fixture, since my character never got too close to the ship before, she's never had to deal with getting attacked.

But still. We've walked by this Dunmer a zillion times, and a variety of my others have walked by her a zillion more times. Never heard her sing before, we've only heard the male pirates sing.

But yeah, according to UESP "There once was hardy [sic] young lad of the sea... A Redguard of courage and honor was he... Sail on, my Cyrus, sail on..." she says. Wow.

I've not only heard her sing, but had her sing to me!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 12 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #207

Master
Group Icon

Wow, I don't remember hearing her to sing ever, only the male pirates. Cyrus is the main protagonist of TES Adventures: Redguard.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 21 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #208

Master
Group Icon

Nothing really new here, just observances of things not experienced in some time:

In the course of assembling a new, still under construction, modded Oblivion build, I've observed my OCOv2 avatar escape the Imperial Prison four or five times. (At that point I saved right before exiting the sewers. Much as I like the Escape sequence, enough is enough. Should the experimental build become an actual play-through I will of course observe the Escape once again.) Something forgotten since last observing an avatar at the dawn of his late 3d era Cyrodiilic adventures, assuming I knew it those seven years ago, is that what the Emperor says just prior to his demise can vary considerably. During all but one experimental build escapes, when rejoined with the Emperor's party, my avatar more or less tagged alone, offering little assistance. Those times the Emperor had very little just before his death. The one time my avatar joined in a number of fights, killing several assassins, the Emperor gave him a much longer pre death speech. This might, of course, be total coincidence.

My long established decrepit avatar has had sterling reputation with all residents of the Empire who matter for a number of earth years. I therefore have had no opportunity to practice the persuasion mini game in quite some time. Back in the day it came easily to me. I could max reputation with any NPC in minimum time and no slip-ups. Fast forward to today. I'm afraid the years have taken their toll. I still understand the gist of the mini game, and have no great fear of failure. But it ain't as easy as it once was. The problem is that I no longer recall which facial expression goes with which circle quadrant from one "spin" to the next. I have to match 'em up each spin. As I do so, my avatars rep with that individual slowly decreases. I still usually come out ahead each spin, but it's not guarantied.

A related observance. It seems to me that the two "middle" face expressions are harder to differential with OCOv2 than vanilla. With the OCO orc my avatar buttered up all but one expression looked so close to identical to me that I didn't know which was which. I made a wild guess and miraculously got it right. Have any other OCO users noticed this?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 22 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #209

Master
Group Icon

Had another extended persuasion mini-game practice session this afternoon in my experimental Oblivion build. Remembered something not recalled my previous session. When an NPC's mouth doesn't adequately differentiate the four reactions, his or her eyebrows give it away. At least that proved true with the several Orcs my avatar encountered. It also helped with the two middle reactions of a few non beast individuals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 23 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #210

Councilor
Group Icon

My long established decrepit avatar has had sterling reputation with all residents of the Empire who matter for a number of earth years. I therefore have had no opportunity to practice the persuasion mini game in quite some time.

Wow, this must be interesting. In my games, there are a few NPCs who are like this, especially stablehands. Because a lot of my characters often tip (bribe) these workers for watching my characters' horses.

A related observance. It seems to me that the two "middle" face expressions are harder to differential with OCOv2 than vanilla. With the OCO orc my avatar buttered up all but one expression looked so close to identical to me that I didn't know which was which. I made a wild guess and miraculously got it right. Have any other OCO users noticed this?

I don't have OCO, but in the vanilla game there is always one facial expression which is not "as" happy, and not "as" angry as the other two. Sometimes I screw these up.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 23 2017, 04:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 23 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #211

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It doesn't happen much these days but whenever Lothran finds someone he hasn't talked to it's always a treat. I like the Speech mini-game thing. And if I want to max it I always exit when I can't go any further, have Lothran draw a weapon, and get back in as it has then dropped ten points by which time I can raise their disposition a bit more smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 23 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #212

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 23 2017, 11:37 AM) *

It doesn't happen much these days but whenever Lothran finds someone he hasn't talked to it's always a treat. I like the Speech mini-game thing. And if I want to max it I always exit when I can't go any further, have Lothran draw a weapon, and get back in as it has then dropped ten points by which time I can raise their disposition a bit more smile.gif

I've had to use this trick every time when buying the Skingrad house where you have to get that Orc's disposition up to a certain level to be considered even a possibility for ownership, (mainly because I somehow always flub up the mini-game!) laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 23 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #213

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 23 2017, 11:37 AM) *

Okay, no kidding? We can draw a weapon and speak to them I am assuming? And this automatically docks 10 points? I didn't know this. I mean, I knew they "don't like it if you speak with our weapon drawn" but I didn't know this is a persistent occurrence, meaning that those 10 points remain docked?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 23 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #214

Spam Meister
Group Icon

@mALX - laugh.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 23 2017, 05:56 PM) *

Okay, no kidding? We can draw a weapon and speak to them I am assuming? And this automatically docks 10 points? I didn't know this. I mean, I knew they "don't like it if you speak with our weapon drawn" but I didn't know this is a persistent occurrence, meaning that those 10 points remain docked?

No, they're only docked while holding a weapon and engaging in conversation. When you exit, remove weapon and engage in conversation again, the points are back up.

Edit: While gaming yesterday I noticed how similar the skooma addict Nord in Bravil is to Decrepit's character...! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 24 2017, 09:23 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Oct 10 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #215

Finder
Group Icon

I gave up on the persuasion minigame very early on. I'm sure I could master it, but I find it too irritating. It's so annoying that I have always resorted to bribery. But that too is annoying, as it suggests that everyone (including the likes of H. Lex) can be reliably bribed. Though I suppose that's one way to look at the world...

So I always (depends on the character, of course) try to acquire a charm spell ASAP. Which raises the question - if there are such things as charm spells - which targetted npcs don't even seem to realise you are using - why aren't they being used by anyone who can cast them? Imagine if such existed in the real-world - we would very quickly end up with some sort of aristocratic rule by skilled illusionists (though I suppose it could be argued that that actually is the case in real life, it's just that the technology is different).

[Hmm, something to consider. Not that it's useful, but can you bribe the emperor during the tutorial sequence just for a laugh? (Been a long time since I've played that, tend to use an alternative start mod.)]
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #216

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Oct 10 2017, 08:00 AM) *

I gave up on the persuasion minigame very early on. I'm sure I could master it, but I find it too irritating. It's so annoying that I have always resorted to bribery. But that too is annoying, as it suggests that everyone (including the likes of H. Lex) can be reliably bribed. Though I suppose that's one way to look at the world...

So I always (depends on the character, of course) try to acquire a charm spell ASAP. Which raises the question - if there are such things as charm spells - which targetted npcs don't even seem to realise you are using - why aren't they being used by anyone who can cast them? Imagine if such existed in the real-world - we would very quickly end up with some sort of aristocratic rule by skilled illusionists (though I suppose it could be argued that that actually is the case in real life, it's just that the technology is different).

[Hmm, something to consider. Not that it's useful, but can you bribe the emperor during the tutorial sequence just for a laugh? (Been a long time since I've played that, tend to use an alternative start mod.)]

Lol, I have had many incidences with that Orc in Castle Skingrad who you HAVE to get his personality to a certain level in order to buy that house = finally learned to save before talking to him, then reload the save if I accidentally screw up the mini-game. Too many times I couldn't get his personality high enough; and pulling my sword out just didn't seem to work well enough to lower his personality to the point he would continue the game or low enough to have a chance to reach that certain level, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 11 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #217

Councilor
Group Icon

It was too easy just to make a spell for that. All my characters got "Bamboozle" - 100 points of charm for two seconds. One second was probably enough for most people, but this was enough time to pick up a dropped mouse, as well. Anything with a disposition check just used that, (except for the one quest where the worshippers are supposed not to like you, so you just drink too much).

The problem with the Orc steward was his ability to fall through the bridge and die before you could afford to buy from him. Most people paid an early visit to "coronate" him, in case they wanted to buy later. The UOP may have fixed the bridge issue, which I think had something to do with him trying to walk over the LOD copy which has no collision, or similar. The Talos Bridge had the same problem, but nobody quest-related was likely to die there.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 12 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #218

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow. WOW.

So Joan of Arkay is in Leyawiin's chapel. A PUBLIC place of worship. She's been in there for about an hour or two, praying or whatever.

She gets up to activate one of the altars in there, and out of the corner of our eyes we see a shape come running up to Joan. I thought she was being attacked. But no, Silana Blandia comes running up, and starts saying "It's time for you to go."

blink.gif Why would she say this if my character's in a public place, which never closes??? blink.gif

... and good to see you tegeus. :wavey: Oops. No emoticon for waving. salute.gif That's close enough.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 12 2017, 12:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 12 2017, 06:15 AM
Post #219

Master
Group Icon

Did she threw some septims in the main altar? That happens if your character is in a chapel for too long and doesn't offer some sort of a donation.

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 12 2017, 06:16 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 12 2017, 06:52 AM
Post #220

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 11 2017, 07:02 PM) *

Wow. WOW.

So Joan of Arkay is in Leyawiin's chapel. A PUBLIC place of worship. She's been in there for about an hour or two, praying or whatever.

She gets up to activate one of the altars in there, and out of the corner of our eyes we see a shape come running up to Joan. I thought she was being attacked. But no, Silana Blandia comes running up, and starts saying "It's time for you to go."

blink.gif Why would she say this if my character's in a public place, which never closes??? blink.gif

... and good to see you tegeus. :wavey: Oops. No emoticon for waving. salute.gif That's close enough.

I had the same thing happen in Rivet City shopping area (Fallout 3) = Misa was waiting for the shop keepers to stop eating breakfast and go to their booths so she could sell some items to them. She "waited" 1 hour, and when it ended everyone in there was acting hostile and told her that she had to leave. I don't know if it is a low personality thing or just that she was using the "wait" thing - but they were open, so there was no reason she shouldn't be in there.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 11 2017, 04:03 PM) *

It was too easy just to make a spell for that. All my characters got "Bamboozle" - 100 points of charm for two seconds. One second was probably enough for most people, but this was enough time to pick up a dropped mouse, as well. Anything with a disposition check just used that, (except for the one quest where the worshippers are supposed not to like you, so you just drink too much).

The problem with the Orc steward was his ability to fall through the bridge and die before you could afford to buy from him. Most people paid an early visit to "coronate" him, in case they wanted to buy later. The UOP may have fixed the bridge issue, which I think had something to do with him trying to walk over the LOD copy which has no collision, or similar. The Talos Bridge had the same problem, but nobody quest-related was likely to die there.

I never thought of a charm spell! What a fantastic idea! By the way, if you wonder why he was crossing that bridge so early in the morning - he goes to Agnate the Pickled's shop and hangs out from like 6 a.m. and talks to her for a couple hours.

** By the way, how do you "Coronate" him (or any other NPC's)? You are talking about making them "immortal," right? (unable to be killed)?

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:32 AM