Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Killer Frost Comes To The Commonwealth, But What Is A Cryogenic Girl To Wear?
SubRosa
post Sep 17 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I spent most of today working on my Fallout 4 idea for a Captain Cold/Mr. Freeze type character, who specializes in using cryogenic weapons. I came down to three different looks. All use white combat armor, but each has a different undersuit:

Vault Suit

Engineer Armor

Nano Suit

I am leaning the most toward the Engineer suit. But it has more brown than I prefer. I like the Nano Suit, but I am already using the white variant with Aurora. It does look good though. The blue of the Vault suit also works well for a ice-based character. The leg looks a little bare. But I could change the combat armor leg style to have a piece over the thigh as well as shin.

The Vault Suit with more armor pieces I think I liked it better with the lighter armor in the original Vault Suit pic

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 17 2017, 09:49 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 17 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

She looks great! Love the white hair and lavender eye shadowing.

I agree with your ordering of the three options you're considering. The Engineer one looks gritty enough for the wastelands. The Vault suit looks perhaps a little too. . . clean? bright? - but still pretty good. The Nano suit looks too much like Imperial Strom Trooper stuff from Star Wars - all bright, clean and shiny. That said, much can be overlooked as consistent with her ice theme.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Sep 17 2017, 09:45 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 18 2017, 02:41 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks. I wound up settling on the Vault Suit. It had a nice mix of color and utilitarianism.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 18 2017, 03:53 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 17 2017, 08:41 PM) *

Thanks. I wound up settling on the Vault Suit. It had a nice mix of color and utilitarianism.

Could you have done a color retext on the Engineer? That outfit is cool! (No pun intended)

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 18 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Nano Suit is my fave.

What is this "killer frost" though? You have winter in your game? That would be fun, if so. Boston gets it good!

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 18 2017, 02:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 18 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 18 2017, 08:26 AM) *

What is this "killer frost" though? You have winter in your game? That would be fun, if so. Boston gets it good!

Killer Frost is this character's name!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 19 2017, 01:03 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 17 2017, 10:53 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 17 2017, 08:41 PM) *

Could you have done a color retext on the Engineer? That outfit is cool! (No pun intended)

I looked for the Engineer armor texture files, but did not find it. At least I think not. There is something called EngineerScribe armor, but I think that is for the BOS. But in any case, I am liking the Vault Suit.

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 18 2017, 09:26 AM) *

Nano Suit is my fave.

I like the Nano Suit too, but I was just using it for another character, so I would rather use something different.

Killer Frost is a DC supervillain. She was partly inspired by Captain Cold from the Flash tv show, who has a cold gun. Of course there is already a cold gun in Fallout 4 as well - The Cryolator, so the fact that it was doable was always in the back of my mind. When I was working on a name I was looking at a bunch of obscure winter goddess names. Then I thought of Killer Frost, who is also on the same tv show as Captain Cold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colombo
post Oct 23 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #8

Associate

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 18 2017, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 18 2017, 08:26 AM) *

What is this informative Har Vokse site though? You have winter in your game? That would be fun, if so. Boston gets it good!

Killer Frost is this character's name!

I love the idea of cryogenic weapons. The Nano Suit looks awesome!

This post has been edited by Colombo: Nov 29 2021, 01:40 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:22 PM