Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Lopov
post Sep 28 2018, 01:16 PM
Post #1721

Master
Group Icon

Poor Rayya, she wanted to play with LHM's sword but he sent her home. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 28 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #1722

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif

Hopefully Beleval will strike the right balance of quiet and conversation, and will kill her share of baddies but not too many.

I am new to the Xbox modding thing. Not using a Bashed patch makes me nervous, but I guess the modders thought of that? Anyway I have a brunette Nord lass helping me figure things out. So far she would like me to buy SE for PC and a machine to run it so I can make my own mods. Dammit, Katrin, that’s not helping.

She is in Riverwood about to walk down the hill to Whiterun with Gerdur’s message for the Jarl. She ditched the Stormcloak uniform but held on to some weapons in case she finds a place to work metal. So I guess she’s not an idiot, and I guess we’re doing Smithing. She hasn’t picked any flowers yet, thank Kyne. I’d like to take a break from continuous foraging.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 28 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #1723

Master
Group Icon

With autumn coming I felt a call of Skyrim too. I tried SE but found out that some of my favorite mods weren't ported to SE (yet), so I'm using the Legendary Edition which I've used before. That's even better because by now I'm familiar with it and I immediately knew which mods I want in my game. On my new Lenovo laptop Skyrim looks like a completely different game. Thanks to some mods its graphics are even more stunning and the game runs very smoothly.

Maybe I'll return to my latest character Forrah at some point but for now it's time for a new girl - Souissi the Imperial rogue. I'm not sure yet whether she'll be my main character for this season but it feels better starting with someone a bit different, more roguish.

Her game is dead-is-dead but I use a mod that makes it a bit harder to die - in short, when you run out of health, several different scenarios can happen, from being saved by random adventurers to being captured by bandits or any other factions that lurk nearby to the spot where you died. The mod is called Death Alternative and is divided in various sub-mods at the Nexus, if anyone's interested.

Occasionally when I'll feel inspired and when I'll have time, I'll post a story of Souissi. Like today. smile.gif

»They found us,” Souissi said when she returned to the camp.

“Did…they?” Hrodnar Hairy-Back was obviously neither interested nor scared. He didn’t even look up but kept sharpening the tip of his dreugh spear.

“Yes, Hrodnar!” shouted Souissi. “I came upon a bounty collector by some cave to the west. He knew of Orphan’s Tear. He knew of us. I killed him but more will come. Maybe even soldiers.”

“You said you killed him.” Hrodnar Hairy-Back shrugged his shoulders. “So he’s gone now. And we’ll deal with anyone that comes here just fine.”

Souissi rolled her eyes and looked at Delmandil who was sitting by the campfire, obviously not much more interested in the news than Hrodnar. Not that she expected it to be any different – ever since Hrodnar saved Delmandil’s life some years ago, the Wood Elf would follow the Nord to Oblivion and back, and unfortunately also agree with him on all matters.

“What is your say, Delmandil?” Souissi sat down by the campfire. “I think we should leave this place, go somewhere else. Anywhere.”

“I think we’ll kill anyone that comes here just fine,” said old Wood Elf and wanted to made a sip of wine from the bottle, only to find it empty. “Time for a new one.” He tossed the empty bottle in the Sea of Ghosts.

Souissi sighed. There was another member of the crew inside remains of the ship, Argonian mage Jek-Oh, but years of abusing skooma addled his mind and now he was only good for healing spells, so trying to convince him about the imminent danger would be pointless because Jek-Oh was lost in his imaginary world, known only to him.

A day ago everything was as it should have been. Their ship, Orphan’s Tear, was sailing through the Sea of Ghosts, carrying skooma, moon sugar, alcohol and some other goodies, which its crew used to smuggle from Morrowind to High Rock. But in two years of their smuggling business word got around and when sailing too close to the northern shore of Skyrim, Imperial mages attacked from the shore by hurling fireballs at the ship. It immediately caught fire but Hrodnar managed to sail away and avoid more deadly fireballs, yet not for long, and Orphan’s Tear ended its sail on sharp rocks in the very north of Skyrim. So its crew – Hrodnar Hairy-Back, Delmandil, Jek-Ho and Souissi were forced to abandon the ship and get ashore. Their cargo was lost, as was their gold. Though their lives were saved, it was to be expected that sooner or later someone would come for them – either bounty collectors either soldiers. But Souissi realized that her mates just didn’t care anymore – they were old and bored and didn’t feel like going anywhere. They were ready to wait at the shipwreck, whether to fight to the last breath or to surrender, she didn’t know.

Souissi was the only young one on Orphan’s Tear, she had joined them two years ago when her days of a highwaywoman in Morrowind were over. While on a run from authorities, Orphan’s Tear crew gave her shelter, so in return Souissi offered her help. Young and agile, she served as the crew’s main fighter and thanks to some acquaintances from Morrowind the crew started a smuggling operation between lands.

Though the current situation was far from good, Souissi, unlike her mates, didn’t feel like staying at the camp by the shipwreck for too long. She might wait for another day and try to convince the crew to go someplace else, because of bounties on their heads, but if they won’t listen…. she’ll head out on her own.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 29 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #1724

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, three of us in Skyrim this month. smile.gif

That's great you're exploring mods on Xbox, Grits. I'm assuming all the mods on console are "safer" than those on PC, so maybe a Bashed Patch isn't needed. Hmm. Then again, I see what you're saying. Maybe stuff isn't as regulated like it is within the Wrye Smash program. Anyway, good to hear about your Stormcloack-who-ditched-her-uniform (what's her name?). Ha ha I know what you mean about 'constant foraging!' It is nice to get away from characters who can't resist picking every mountain flower....

Lopov: ah-HAH, so that's how that ship got wrecked off the coast of Windhelm! .. Yes, Soussi has the look of someone who doesn't want to wait around. She is young, and has that agile sort of look. Her face is pleasant though. Not ravaged by a boar time and skooma, as is so often the case with those who get the name "Hairy-Back."

Makes me wonder though, if Soussi and one of mine will ever wind up in the same place. If she meets up with ... let's say ..... Sir Vyvoor or even Mycharonna, she probably won't have much to worry about, unless Soussi attempts to rob them. Lord Haaf-Mersey would attempt to speak to her first though. And if she doesn't pass his "what are you doing loitering here?" test..... viking.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 29 2018, 08:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 29 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #1725

Master
Group Icon

Now that I've been using RaceMenu, creating characters has become much easier. The smoother facial texture is from the UNP body mod which also alters faces, that's why she looks younger.

I tested the "Highwayman mod" a few times before starting her game and it really works in an odd way - Thalmor justiciars gave their valuables willingly but some peddler attacked. indifferent.gif So I'm not sure I'll be using that mod much in the end.

Souissi thinks twice before choosing her target, she wouldn't even attempt robbing someone that'd be as armed as Lord Haaf-Mersey or as creepy as Mycharonna. She robbed Talsgar the wanderer, though, I'll write a short story of it in a few days time. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 29 2018, 11:45 PM
Post #1726

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah that does sound odd. Thalmor should definitely attack. A lone peddler ... you don't know what he or she will do. Someone of that ilk could either get totally scared, or foolishly brave. But I agree, Thalmor don't seem like they'd just give over their valuables.

When I was gaming with Bjorn, he would never bully Thalmor though, he'd always bully those who seem weaker than himself. Because that's what he was: a bully. sad.gif He would sometimes attack Thalmor though, just because they tent to say conceited things anyway.

Where does the name Souissi come from? Does that mean anything?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 30 2018, 12:15 PM
Post #1727

Master
Group Icon

Souissi hasn't come upon Thalmor yet, I tested this mod with a test character, and I was hoping there are some exceptions included like Thalmor patrols, that can't be robbed. But unfortunately it's a bug, I read about it on the mod's site, and no solution has been found yet.

I came up with the name on my own, but Google revealed that it's also a rare surname and a town district in Morocco.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 30 2018, 01:45 PM
Post #1728

Councilor
Group Icon

Souissi from Morocco, nice! smile.gif Just don't try to rob Thalmor, I mean in realistic terms, who would anyway, right? Somebody who is nuts, that's who.

Sloved?

It s Turdas, 4th of First Seed, late morning. Lord Haaf-Mersey and Belevar leave Valtheim Towers, where they spent the night, and head for Whiterun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 1 2018, 09:25 AM
Post #1729

Master
Group Icon

Careful on Valtheim towers. A while ago some guy fell down from there and didn't survive despite having über knees.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 3 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #1730

Master
Group Icon

When Talsgar the wandering bard headed to the very the north of Skyrim to get some fresh inspiration for a new poem, he didn’t expect that he’d get robbed. And by a woman at that!

When he saw her approaching, Talsgar was wondering which poem should he sing to impress her but before he could sing at all, he was greeted by “Hand over your valuables and nobody gets hurt!”

“I’ll teach you to talk to me like that!” Talsgar unsheathed his iron sword and was ready to teach the highwaywoman a lesson. But it soon became clear to the bard that he wasn't a match for her skills, so he raised both hands high in the air and yelled “Mercy!” He knew that with bandits of Skyrim chances to spare his life were meager but he had nothing more to lose.

“Smart move,” said Souissi and sheathed her steel mace, which she got from the bounty collector, whom she had killed on the previous day. “Now give me your knapsack.” She turned his knapsack upside down so its contents fell out but Talsgar was a simple man and didn’t travel with many valuables so in the end he was short for two potions and two books, and the big knapsack. But then something unexpected happened – Souissi put her small knapsack from her back and tossed it at him. “You don’t have a need for such a big knapsack. And if I were you, I'd switch this rusty sword of yours for something more powerful. Or at least learn how to wield it.” Souissi put the “new” knapsack on her back and walked away.

Talsgar was speechless – that was certainly an unusual robbery, but a robbery it was nonetheless. Not only did the highwaywoman give him her knapsack, albeit a much smaller one, but she also took two books! Books! Since when were bandits interested in books? Still, he could have lost his life and at least she didn’t strip him of his clothes and the sword was fortunately still retrievable. Though Talsgar decided that he won’t tell anyone about what had happened to him, an idea for a new poem was already forming in his mind – the one about a highwaywoman with conscience who went around robbing people of their books.

"If all people in Skyrim are as poor as this bard, I should change my profession." These were Souissi's thoughts as she was walking back towards Orphan's Tear. "Now it's a good time to seriously think about this. New land, new opportunity. Nobody knows me in Skyrim. Yet. It'd be good if it stayed that way...rumors of highwaymen quickly get around. It's better not to give people any reason to talk about me."

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 3 2018, 03:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 3 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #1731

Councilor
Group Icon

See, not all bandits are bad. Yes, she took his roomy Timberland and left him with her Kate Spade, but ya know, why does he need all those books anyways?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 4 2018, 01:39 AM
Post #1732

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov, Souissi looks like she means business. So now we know the tale of the wreck of the Orphan’s Tear! I loved her meeting with the bard. She’s a bandit, but not some heartless killer.

Renee, Katrin and Uthgerd may pass Lord Haaf-Mersey and Belevar on the road. They are headed to a job at… Valtheim Towers. tongue.gif

__

Katrin braced her boot against the door. “Ready?”

Uthgerd grunted her reply.

The two warriors entered Bleak Falls Barrow in a clash of iron and steel. Wood smoke and rot chased the smell of bandit blood out of Katrin’s nostrils. Soon two more swords joined the bundle on Uthgerd’s pack. Katrin would not rob the recently dead any more than she would the restless ancestors, but she figured that the weapons they tried to kill her with were fair game.

Several hours’ steady work saw their objectives complete. Uthgerd didn’t speak as they walked through the dark back to Riverwood. Katrin wondered what had happened in the barrow’s main chamber. Her companion had approached the great stone wall with an odd expression on her dust-streaked face. Katrin left her studying it and went looking for Farengar’s tablet. Then the casket had popped open, and for a time they were too busy to chat.

By the next evening, Katrin’s concerns about her new friend had multiplied. They sat in the Bannered Mare, washing away the day with mead.

“Dragonborn,” Katrin mused. “Do you suppose it’s true? That groundshake was the Greybeards summoning you?”

Uthgerd let a breath out slowly through her nose. She lifted her tankard.

“You’re right,” Katrin replied. “That’s a long walk. Once we’ve taken a few more jobs, we can buy some horses.”

Added: Uthgerd and Katrin in BFB

This post has been edited by Grits: Oct 4 2018, 12:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 4 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #1733

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - there's never a knapsack big enough when it comes to adventuring, right? The stolen books were The ransom of Zarek and The Wolf Queen Vol VII. Despite The ransom of Zarek being very common, upon reading it I got a feeling like I've read it for the first time or at least that I haven't read it in years.

@Grits - Talsgar's yielding was available thanks to the Yield 2.0 mod. The last enemy alive will yield and in this case there weren't any other enemies around so Talsgar surrendered. If he hadn't surrendered or if such a mod wouldn't exist, I'd need to pacify him with console commands because as you say, Souissi's not a killer.

How clever to roleplay another person being the Dragonborn and the "protagonist" being in fact a "companion". Uthgerd grunts a lot but Katrin seems to understand her fine. laugh.gif This reminds me of a comic book character Java from Martin Mystere comics - Java would never say a word, he'd say only "Rghrr! Grrggr!" but his boss Martin Mystere would always know what Java wanted to say and sometimes one simple grunt could stand for one paragraph. bigsmile.gif

Those girls look determined! You're using some mod which allows for multiple weapons to be shown on back?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 4 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #1734

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov, Katrin’s backpack mod shows some of the gear she has in her inventory (torch, tent, cookpot), but not extra weapons. Uthgerd’s sword bundle was a Grits way of imagining what happens when Katrin gives Uthgerd something sharp to carry, or when she puts pointy things in her horse’s inventory. I’m using Convenient Horses for Xbox1, so Uthgerd really rides a horse. And Katrin had to give her the gold to pay for it!

Java and Uthgerd must speak the same grunting language. They even have a similar facial expression. biggrin.gif

---

Belethor’s door swung shut on Katrin’s boot heel. She blinked against the midday sun. “Just three healing potions for sale in this entire town. Not that we could afford many more after buying those horses. I don’t like it, Uthgerd. Maybe I should do some leatherwork and fletching, and by the time I’m done, Arcadia will have brewed some more.” She glanced at her friend.

Uthgerd did not seem inclined to return any of the healing potions Katrin had given her. “Let’s get going.”

Once they passed the Honnigbrew Meadery and the Hold Guards stationed there, most of their time was spent leading the horses from one hungry wolf pack to the next. The horses proved their worth in carrying pelts and weapons, if not their riders. Late afternoon found them within sight of Valtheim Towers.

“The sun is in our favor,” Katrin said. Sweat tricked down her neck. “Uthgerd, I don’t feel so well. I think I caught something from one of those wolves that bit me. And I don’t have another cure potion.”

Uthgerd’s eyes were on the distant towers. “What do you need?”

“A shrine or a cure disease potion. Or, heh, one of those Vigilants like we saw the other night. Only not dead.”

Uthgerd turned and looked up the road behind them.

“You’re right,” said Katrin, “maybe I can buy one off the quartermaster at that Stormcloak encampment.”

But the quartermaster only dealt in smithing goods. Katrin looked wistfully at two potions left on an alchemy bench outside the healer’s tent. The healer was too busy to respond when she asked for a trade. Katrin walked back to where Uthgerd was pounding something on the quartermaster’s anvil.

“We’d best make for Whiterun,” Katrin said. “There’s no guarantee that anyone in Riverwood will have what I need, and at least at your house the bed is free.”

Uthgerd laid down the hammer. “Let’s get going.”

Katrin passed an uneasy night sweating on Uthgerd’s floor, then entered the Temple of Kynareth at dawn. The priests were still sleeping as their patients moaned and cried on their benches. Katrin made her devotions at the shrine, sighing as the device’s enchantment eased her swollen joints.

She woke Danica on the way out, hoping that the priestess would have some potions for sale.

“Have you gotten Nettlebane yet?” Danica asked. She was back in her bed before Katrin could confess she had forgotten.

Uthgerd waited at the door. She spoke as Katrin brushed by her. “Let’s get going.”

“All right, all right, we’re going.” Katrin held the door for Uthgerd. “If I survive Valtheim Towers and the plague wolves of White River Road, remind me to tell you what that priestess wants us to do next.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 4 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #1735

Councilor
Group Icon

Yep, that's the complex and varied dialogue I remember.

Let's get going!

Oh well, at least she's not Mjoll!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 4 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #1736

Paladin
Group Icon

Hee! Uthgerd is such a bubbly little chatty and nurturing thing. NOT! laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 4 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #1737

Councilor
Group Icon

biggrin.gif It’s totally Uthgerd’s fault that she’s the Dragonborn in Katrin’s game. After two days of terse replies to Katrin, she went toe-to-toe with Mirmulnir yelling battle cries at him the whole time. Katrin was still at the top of the tower shooting down when Uthgerd killed him. He did that “Dovahkiin? Nooo!” thing (which I hate) right at Uthgerd while Katrin was still running out of the tower. I thought, well Gerd sure got that dragon’s attention. Heeey…

I’ve also refreshed Jace’s game to see if I can use a controller with it (I can, yay). She is of course with her man Vorstag, who is very loving under the influence of the Relationship Dialog Overhaul mod. That makes Uthgerd’s “dialog” in Katrin’s game seem even more unfriendly by comparison. Good thing Katrin doesn’t need coddling.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 4 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #1738

Master
Group Icon

Uthgerd wants to be judged by her deeds, not by words.

All is well as long as Katrin's joints aren't swollen anymore.

Let's get going.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 4 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #1739

Ancient
Group Icon

How brilliant that Uthgerd is the Dragonborn and Katrin is her sidekick!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 6 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #1740

Master
Group Icon

If any names below don't sound familiar, they're from the Interesting NPCs mod.

Souissi was returning to the shipwreck, carrying some fresh horker meat for her crew, when she saw a group of Imperial soldiers leaving the camp. As soon as they were out of sight, she hurried to Orphan’s Tear, where her fears became a reality – her former crew was slain. No longer would Hrodnar Hairy-Back complain that hair on his back never seem to stop growing, no longer would Delmandil blindly agree with anything that Hrodnar said and Jek-Ho was probably already drinking skooma in the afterlife. Maybe if Souissi were around when soldiers came, she might have defeated them but such thoughts didn’t change anything now. She took some food from the camp and after one last look at her former crew, Souissi left.

In the following days she met some interesting and odd people of Skyrim. First she came upon a psychotic Dark Elf Raynes, a self-proclaimed lawman who was after some bandits in the Lost Echo Cave. The cave was infested by Falmer and though Souissi has never seen them until now, she lied to Raynes that she’s an expert in dealing with them so they explored the cave together. They killed its blind denizens and Raynes also enacted justice on the wanted bandits. Souissi didn’t feel like traveling with a lawman, especially not the one who was constantly telling stories of how he mutilates his targets, so they parted ways after clearing the cave.

A day after, Souissi met Misha, a lunatic witch who strived to become a hagraven and promised Souissi a hefty reward if she’d help her find proper ingredients for the ritual. Souissi agreed but when Misha explained that she needed a man’s liver, a woman’s toe and a child’s heart and even pointed her to a nearby family, Souissi decided that Skyrim was better off without Misha. Afterwards she visited the family who despite their superstitions were friendly and cooked a fine stew for their guest.

On the following day Souissi was bitten by a wolf and her ankles were getting swollen. Realizing that she’ll need to find some potion to cure her disease, she assumed it was a rockjoint, Souissi headed in the direction of Solitude when she spotted two figures walking ahead of her. They didn’t look dangerous so she decided to strip them of their gold but as she approached them, one of them greeted her by: “You look sick. Do you need healing?” Amazed, Souissi accepted, because her intended targets were Vigilants of Stendarr and they cured her of rockjoint without demanding anything in return. It made her feel bad that she had almost robbed healers and she firmly decided that days of robbing people are over.

As night was approaching, heavy blizzard occurred, and in search of shelter Souissi stepped aboard some ship docked north of Solitude. But its corsairs didn’t like a stranger on their ship and they attacked – but they weren’t a match for a skilled rogue and after a long time Souissi was now finally sleeping in a warm bed.

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 AM