Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christmas 2015!, Anything Christmassy goes here!
mirocu
post Dec 1 2015, 11:10 PM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

IPB Image

By the tail of the arctic fox, I still love this commercial!! happy.gif

Also... Dean Martin biggrin.gif

*sniff*

So, anything going on this year for you guys? Any special plans or so? I think weīre gonna have a regular Christmas over here, just at the new place my parents moved to. Itīll be nice, my mom is really good with both decorations and food laugh.gif

I got one of those Christmas calenders with chocolate bits in it; one a day biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 2 2015, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

That sounds nice crow, always good to have family, that's for sure. I started Xmas shopping a couple weeks ago, I'm usually pretty good at getting it started early because I hate getting stuck in crowds. smile.gif Ugh ... just the thought ... indifferent.gif My daughter's getting a LOT of gifts, which is the advantage of having just one child; I can focus on her, and so can all her aunts & uncles. santaclaus.gif Grandparents, etc. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to shop for .. let's say .. more than two. Urk.

I was debating whether or not to get Minecraft for her. I'm not so sure. She's going to be 12 soon. I am interested in Minecraft myself, but I simply don't have time for it. So I start thinking it'll be good for her, but as I start to read about it, I'm not so sure. I don't know if it's too "adult" or not, what do you think?

We'll probably go to my sister's place on Xmas day. She lives in the country, next to a horse farm.

Is it off-topic to talk about egg nog? That's always a Chirstmasy sort of drink. Usually in America we start seeing egg nog at our markets right around Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November), but this year I noticed some right around Halloween! ph34r.gif

Edit: that's a nice commercial. smile.gif Love the lighted Coke trucks.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 2 2015, 01:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 2 2015, 03:00 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 2 2015, 12:30 AM) *

I was debating whether or not to get Minecraft for her. I'm not so sure. She's going to be 12 soon. I am interested in Minecraft myself, but I simply don't have time for it. So I start thinking it'll be good for her, but as I start to read about it, I'm not so sure. I don't know if it's too "adult" or not, what do you think?

I reckon Minecraft would be fine for a 12-year-old, but it all depends on your daughter and what other stuff she's into. I was playing all sorts of games when I was 12, but I know other people whose parents were much more strict with that sort of thing.

Minecraft is rated as being suitable for 7+ by PEGI, and for 10+ by ESRB, and I think that's fair. There are different modes in the game, so you could always limit your daughter to the 'Creative' mode which is purely focused on building and exploring.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 2 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #4

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 2 2015, 01:30 AM) *

Is it off-topic to talk about egg nog? That's always a Chirstmasy sort of drink. Usually in America we start seeing egg nog at our markets right around Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November), but this year I noticed some right around Halloween! ph34r.gif

Egg nog is fine biggrin.gif Havenīt had any though so I donīt really know what it tastes like. And donīt tell me to just google it! tongue.gif

*munches away on todayīs piece of chocolate*

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 5 2015, 09:07 AM
Post #5

Spam Meister
Group Icon

This yearīs Christmas tree has been selected. Itīs one growing close to a road so I might as well take that. Could have use my parentsī plastic one as they had to get a shorter one for the new house but meh. I want a real one biggrin.gif

Weīre putting up the old plastic tree in the cottage instead.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 5 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 1 2015, 05:10 PM) *

IPB Image

By the tail of the arctic fox, I still love this commercial!! happy.gif

Also... Dean Martin biggrin.gif

*sniff*

So, anything going on this year for you guys? Any special plans or so? I think weīre gonna have a regular Christmas over here, just at the new place my parents moved to. Itīll be nice, my mom is really good with both decorations and food laugh.gif

I've never seen that commercial before, that was very cute! I am not great with decorations, usually leave it to the men-folk to handle while I cook, lol.

Plans = get in new house by X-Mas. I'm trying and hoping.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 1 2015, 05:10 PM) *

I got one of those Christmas calenders with chocolate bits in it; one a day biggrin.gif

Ooh, just like in "Bad Santa!" laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 5 2015, 02:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 5 2015, 03:05 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

Great choices indeed in your opening post here, mirocu! happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Dec 5 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Apple[™] gave me Stevie Wonder and Andra Day for Christmas. santa.gif

This year we are hosting Christmas for my family for the second time. With TLMM[™]'s hand in a cast that means that the task of decorating and cooking falls to me. I imagine that my Christmas will be spent doing a lot of panic.gif !

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 5 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Dec 5 2015, 12:48 PM) *

This year we are hosting Christmas for my family for the second time. With TLMM[™]'s hand in a cast that means that the task of decorating and cooking falls to me. I imagine that my Christmas will be spent doing a lot of panic.gif !

Great lyrics! Uh, in the late 1980's Stevie Wonder called the police on his neighbors (who were friends of mine) because their dog was barking. So he doesn't win my vote as neighbor of the year, lol. But he does write some great lyrics.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 5 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #10

Spam Meister
Group Icon

So cool you have friends living next door to Alice Stevie Wonder, mALX! ohmy.gif

Nice Christmas song contribution, Destri biggrin.gif Btw, I think youīll get a lot more done in the kitchen if you donīt run around in circles... laugh.gif

As per one of my December traditions Iīm watching mr. Bean celebrate Christmas in his own special way!
IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 6 2015, 02:48 AM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 5 2015, 02:44 PM) *

As per one of my December traditions Iīm watching mr. Bean celebrate Christmas in his own special way!
IPB Image

BWAAHAA!

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Dec 5 2015, 12:48 PM) *

Oh no, hand in cast? I'm so sorry to hear that! But you cooking a whole Xmas dinner? Hope you can cook good then! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 6 2015, 03:05 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 5 2015, 02:44 PM) *

So cool you have friends living next door to Alice Stevie Wonder, mALX! ohmy.gif

Alpine, New Jersey. The place is chock full of people notable for one thing or another, but primarily wealthy. I only know just one of them, though; the one whose adorable puppy obviously irritated Stevie Wonder into calling the law (instead of just calling his neighbor or sending a man to the neighbor's door to ask them to bring the dog inside or something). laugh.gif

Me - I used to love Stevie Wonder, but I threw out all my Stevie Wonder albums and cassettes after that incident.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 6 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Poundland is the best thing about Christmas!

Ashens is awesome! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 6 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Good luck, Destri! I imagine there will indeed be a lot of panic.gif, but it will look like santa.gif to everyone else! happy.gif

The decorations are coming along at the Grits house. Tomorrow (hopefully) we will go get a tree. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 7 2015, 12:31 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

With everyone linking X-mas vocals I figure I might as well toss my hat into the ring with this perennial favorite.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 7 2015, 01:28 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Dec 6 2015, 06:31 PM) *

With everyone linking X-mas vocals I figure I might as well toss my hat into the ring with this perennial favorite.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 6 2015, 03:34 PM) *

BWAAHAA !!!! There were too many spots to pull out and mention in this one, rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 7 2015, 08:41 AM
Post #17

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 6 2015, 10:56 PM) *

The decorations are coming along at the Grits house. Tomorrow (hopefully) we will go get a tree. smile.gif

A tree already? I usually get mine around a week or so before Christmas, but maybe I should get it earlier this year and enjoy it more smile.gif

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Dec 7 2015, 12:31 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 7 2015, 01:28 AM) *

BWAAHAA !!!! There were too many spots to pull out and mention in this one, rollinglaugh.gif

Itīs especially funny if you knew the characters beforehand laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 13 2015, 03:28 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

So far my plans are solely food related.

I plan to make coquito, which is a Puerto Rican Christmas drink with rum and coconut cream. I don't like rum much, but my sibling and dad love it so it'll be a treat for them.

I'm hoping to make nacatamals, which are Nicaraguan tamales. I bought a Nicaraguan cookbook and found two recipes that sound amazing. We usually make Puerto Rican tamales (called pasteles, which also means "cakes" so it gets confusing talking to people about them sometimes) but I hate them. They're not horrible, but not only do they look like giant slimy slugs, the masa is just... well, not that pleasant. The meat inside os good though.

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 13 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #19

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Mom and Dad has just put up their new and smaller Christmas tree of plastic. The other one that was a bit too big for their new location is now proudly standing in the cottage with lights on a timer and everything smile.gif

I plan to get my tree from the woods on Wednesday or so and have it all decorated and done by the weekend.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Dec 13 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Me and da Krew are gonna spend Christmas and possibly New Years in Tokyo.

We Osaka Boyz are gonna tear $#!7 up!!!!!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:46 AM