3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serene of Cyrodiil, chapter 6, Sidetracks and sorrow
mplantinga
post Mar 27 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #41

Knower
Group Icon

An excellent end to a wonderful chapter. I must say I'm really anxious to discover to whom the amulet belongs and what that means for dear Serene. Given her reaction, I can only assume that it has Morrowind-shaking repercussions, but I guess I'll have to wait to find out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
blockhead
post Mar 27 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #42

Finder
Group Icon

Wow. Intense. I'll just bite my nails until chapter 7. ohmy.gif I hope we get to see Serene finally start some serious kicking of spotted owl.

--------------------
I left
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 27 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said already. Except perhaps for a reply to Blockhead. Of course you have the right on your own opinion, so don't take it badly.

Personally, I find that the relative lack of violence is one of the high points in this story. Most other fanfics I've read (mine included.) have a fight in nearly every update. It's a nice departure from the usual. Still, a Vomica Cruor from time to time wouldn't be bad at all. smile.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 27 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #44

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Mar 27 2007, 10:55 PM) *

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said already. Except perhaps for a reply to Blockhead. Of course you have the right on your own opinion, so don't take it badly.

Personally, I find that the relative lack of violence is one of the high points in this story. Most other fanfics I've read (mine included.) have a fight in nearly every update. It's a nice departure from the usual. Still, a Vomica Cruor from time to time wouldn't be bad at all. smile.gif

Thanks Jackie! I was afraid you guys were getting bored with Serene..! Hmm now the Vomica Cruor is only used by Serene in the RP. That Serene is somewhat more violent than the one in the story....dual personalities perhaps!

I try to keep excess magica away from the story, some intervention-spells and different kind of potions and some good old healing will be suffice for now!

Now Blockie has a point...Renie just has to kick some bad guys....and so she will!

edited by minque, non-intentional censor-break-through

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 27 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

What the frick?! blink.gif Minque, you just managed to break trough the censor!

And the Vomica Cruor. My mistake, I should've realized that such a violent spell would not fit the 'story' Serene. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 27 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #46

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Mar 27 2007, 11:23 PM) *

What the frick?! blink.gif Minque, you just managed to break trough the censor!

And the Vomica Cruor. My mistake, I should've realized that such a violent spell would not fit the 'story' Serene. smile.gif

Uhhh.....I guess I did? blink.gif Oh my that´s bad, I think I have to edit my post...the rules should apply to me as well, my only excuse is that I didn´t think about it.....my bad! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
blockhead
post Mar 27 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #47

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Mar 27 2007, 04:55 PM) *

I'm sorry. sad.gif I don't want to annoy anyone ... it's just that ... From reading Treydog's already finished story we know that Serene will become Archmaster of Redoran. From my in-game experiences I already know that there is only one way to become Archmaster. Therefore some violence will occur. All I am saying is that it will nice that (for a change) said violence will be done by Serene instead of to her.

I will admit to a bias though: I like women who kick spotted owl. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I left
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Mar 27 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Black Hand's Tale of sethyas Velas also confirms Serene becoming the Redoran Archmaster. She's becoming a VIP. bigsmile.gif
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 27 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #49

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok...fact number one:

You my darling readers know by now that I tend to alter the in-game plots pretty much..that means that I could let Renie be Archmaster without spilling one drop of blood

fact number two:

She has done some fighting....f ex with a couple of mudcrabs! biggrin.gif

fact number three:

Nah....you´ll have to wait and see.... wink.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Mar 28 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #50

Knower
Group Icon

I was under the impression that the marvelous cameos of various characters in other stories were not binding on other authors. Perhaps my assumption is incorrect?
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Mar 28 2007, 04:24 AM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

I wouldn't think so. I'm pretty sure we take creative liberties when we're dealing with cameos in our stories. Otherwise, big plots holes between the two stories would be plain to see.

Though, I guess I kinda took that into consideration when I wanted Sethyas Velas to cameo in my story. I made sure I placed the time of my story after all the possible events Black Hand had/will be written about in his series on the character.

So yea, don't worry about the inconsistances between the stories. A wizard did it wink.gif

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 28 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

Don't worry, Blockhead. You don't annoy me. Different opinions are the spice of life. And I agree with you there, Serene has taken more than her fair share of abuse. She deserves to dish out some payback. And not just for herself, for Athyn as well.

Dang, plotholes? Bethesda already showed the way out for us. It's a Dragonbreak, from Akulakhan's destruction!

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:28 PM