Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Farewell My Friend.
Channler
post Apr 18 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE("JonaJosa")
Its a womans thing. They gotta have power or else they go crazy.

So all we can do is just be her minions- er i mean friends.

Dear friends at Chorrol.com, while this is slightly older news, it is still news none the less.

Jonajosa    Members  12-October 05**

I've, and numerous others here at Chorrol.com have received word that a longtime member has just recently passed away. His name to us was JonaJosa. A man from the mountains of Western North Carolina that served his countries military, and led a grand prescence among us here. He was a staunch defender of his beliefs, though a bit foreward with them some times, but all in all, he was a good man.

JonaJosa was a dear forum friend of mine. He and I shared many conversations together as he helped me carve my life unto the cold stones of the future. He stuck by me when it came to debating topics amongst many old time members. I mourned for him when he was wounded serving his country, and now when is no longer with us.

Please listen to this in honor of a former comrade, and remeber how sacred and precious life is in this world. Love it, care for it, treat it with respect.

http://www.unknownsoldiers.org/kraor/taps-...chestration.wav

Finally, farwell my friend, may you be looking down on us now and guide us through the future.

goodjob.gif goodjob.gif goodjob.gif goodjob.gif - JonaJosa's Trademarked Smily. RIP.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThanadoS
post Apr 18 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Agent

my deepest condolence. Poor fellow.

I can't however hold back the following: Why can't the american people see, that dying for a country led by a fool, dying for a cause with no meaning whatssoever, dying for the money of others, not worthy to oneself, is not worth dying at all?

again, my deepest condolence shall be declared.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 18 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Rest in Peace, Jonajosa mate! sad.gif You will not be forgotten...
+Quote Post
Aki
post Apr 18 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Rest in Peace. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 18 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Rest in Peace.

At least he is in the knowledge that he is one of the only people ever to get a smilie named after them.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dreamer
post Apr 18 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #6

Retainer

Poor lad, I heard he was wounded a few months back, but I thought he had pulled through it.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 18 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

I must agree with channler.
Jonajosa was a great friend and helper of everyone who wanted it. I know this, as he was the first one who actually really helped me and became my friend here on the forums.

the fact that he is dead is a great grief for all of us...and particularly for those who was close to him. He was as many know a soldier, who had his beliefs, and I'm very proud to have know such a storng and honourable man...he was seriously wounded some motnhs back, when he saved his squad from being cut down by shrapnel...and he lost most of his foot, and much blood.

He was a man who fought for something he believed strongly in...so therefore I ask everyone to think on Jona...and the sacrifice he made to help the rest of us, and to make the world a better place...for all of us.

Farewell my friend, I will never forget you, and I'll mention you in my prayers. goodjob.gif verysad.gifverysad.gifverysad.gif¨

Lets raise our glasses in memorey of Jonajosa, who sadly have left us. goodbye.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Apr 18 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

I'm sorry Jona, I can't find the right words to honor your memory.
No matter what I can say, it wouldn't be enough...

I'm so sorry.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 18 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #9

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well friend, it is sad to see you go but we all have our times to go. I shall now give one of my favorite quotes to honor this great loss to our forum community, William Wallace said,

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

If you truly have gone Jona, then I respect your bravery and hope that you are in a better place. If you served in the military bravely, then I respect you and mourn your death. Though it is only through the forums that I knew you, your passing feels as real to us as if we knew you. As a final farewell I shall use our tribute to you, a jonajosa. goodjob.gif

This post has been edited by Kiln: Apr 18 2006, 01:47 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
treydog
post Apr 18 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

This was something I wrote when I heard that Jonajosa had left the Forums. It isn't enough- but then, nothing ever is....

Although we were from geographically and culturally close backgrounds, I imagine we were different in many ways. That does not stop me from recognizing the things that drove him. Southern men are victims of our culture and our history. We get caught up in the romantic view of the military, failing to use our better judgment. My father and most of my male ancestors fought in the wars of this country....

When the politicians appealed to the patriotism and romanticism of people like Jonajosa, it was a call he could not resist. Since I did not know him personally, I cannot say what his individual reasons were. But I know the men of my South. We are prone to romanticism and depression and violence. We die too young in cars and wars and foolish accidents that may not always really be accidents. We pride ourselves for our "independence," yet we allow slick politicians and media types to "guide" our thinking.

We are passionate about all things- our loves, our hates, our families, our homes. We form friendships that last for life and enmities that span generations. We are generous, joyous, and friendly- but we are also clannish, prejudiced, and prideful. We are everyone's best friends and our own worst enemies. The things we love are often the things that kill us- tobacco, corn whiskey, fried foods, fast cars, firearms.

So, even though I didn't "know" Jonajosa, I grew up with him. He is my brother, my uncle, my friend- myself.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 18 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I never really met him, but it always feels bad when someone dies, especially when someone dies before his time. So I pray that no matter what religion he or I follow, I pray that he shall find peace and happiness in whatever comes after this life. Goodbye.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 18 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

Its a terrible thing when a friend dies, especially in this case. I knew Jonajosa as a collection of organized words, ideas, thoughts and a smilie face, but it is fortunate they will be here forever. My days of grieving and sadness have passed, but my respect for this hero will never go.

Rest in peace, my friend behind kind words.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 18 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #13

Wise Woman
Group Icon

In Jonajosa´s fare-well letter which was forwarded to me from his wife, he stated that he tried to figure out how we first met, but couldn´t .....Well I can, I know exactly how we first met!

It was on the TES-forums; My first and oldest friend there, treydog, was the one that gave me a hint of a good story about Ashlanders, which he knew I had a soft spot for. The story he recomended was "An Ashlander´s Tale" by Jonajosa!!

I started reading and commenting, then when I started writing and posting my story of Serene, he always made wonderful comments, I loved to read them....and on that way it continued for some time

When the W4O-forums were founded I naturally invited Jonajosa, among other good friends to join up! It took some time but eventually he did. Posting his great story there, always commenting on mine and mostly all other stories that were floating around at that time.

Jonajosa and I are almost the same age, so we became very close, I must admit I have saved all his pm:s, and believe me there are plenty of them!

I never discussed war or military issues with Jonajosa, that kind of discussions I stayed away from, I had other things to talk to him about.

I liked Jonajosa a lot, and I was devastated when he was wounded, somehow I believed he´d pull through.....but obviously he did not.

I feel very sorry for his wife and children and hope they will go on with their lives, as he would have liked them to do.

I will always remember Jonajosa as one of my closest friends on the internet and I hope he is very happy where he is now

Farewell my dear friend! Rest in Peace......

We will never forget you, whenever we add one of these goodjob.gif we will remember you!

Jonajosa, the Goodjob-man

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 18 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

I normally avoid discussions like this, because I never know what to say. Admittedly, I still don't, but here I am, still typing.

Me and jona never met in person, but we read each other's stories, which pretty much made us close. I remember thinking that he stole my idea by writing about an ashlander (which was ridiculous because it's definately not my own idea) Anyway, I don't know what else to say, other than 'We'll miss you." which hardly captures the feeling at all.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 18 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

yeah I ditto Dantrag's first Line...

but yeah, Jona was a great guy, I don' tthink we actually got that close but he was a great guy, and we did chat. You can't help but like him, great personality and the like. Well I salute you, and thanks for fighting for our country. Cheers...

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 19 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

First time I met jonajosa was in a random argument over the compromised wildlife reserve in alaska. The was more of a discussion than an argument as our viewpoints coviered a lot of areas and involved several people.

I also remember personally arguing with him on evolution, which was cut short. I remember loving to argue with him because unlike most people I have argued with in the past he used reason and common sense and tended to avoid using the bible in an argument or any other fallacy. He stated what he believed in and why he believed it, understanding that if he believed his point and presented it the way it felt best that was the best way to debate anything.

He was a person who was generally kind, had strong resolve and courage, and believed in self devotion to his chosen cause, earning my deep respect despite how I disagreed with the cause.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 19 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

i never knew jonajosa at a perosnall level. i want to say sorry to all his family and friends, but that wouldnt be enough. <snip>. i wish there was something i could do, or couldve done to stop this. we all know we couldnt have though. here is a little poem that i wrote.

jonajosas time has past.
it seems like it, didnt last.
even though you have gone.
we know your spirit has lived on.

everytime i see one of these goodjob.gif ill think about you. verysad.gifverysad.gifverysad.gif

I agree with Dantrag, this is not the place for a political discussion.

This post has been edited by Alexander: Apr 19 2006, 09:52 PM

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
gamer10
post Apr 19 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Rest well Jona, you will forever be missed, always remembered.

-Gamer10

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 20 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

A very beautiful last tribute ... I never met jonajosa ... but I salute a fellow veteran.

When you've lived a daily life ready to die for your country, death is life's last journey home.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Joryn
post Apr 24 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #20

Agent

I remember seeing him on the TES forums occasionally I think, and I also rembering hearing of his injury. Id like to offer my condolences for what they are worth. I have lost two fathers so I know what its like to lose someone close to you.

I know Jonajosa's family and friends will have the strength to cope, although its always difficult. I hope its comforting to think that someone who didnt even know him personally already respects him deeply out of hearing his tale. I hope everyone close to him will be eased by the fond memories of their good friend and family member.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:28 PM