Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Weather Thread, It's spring!
Fethenwen
post Apr 11 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #1

Agent

How's the weather right now where you live?

Here in Finland it SUCKS! It snowed again this morning, and now it is melting a bit. But we still have lots of it, I like snow, but this kind of snow is not nice. There's water under it, and it gathers in the streets like porridge, making my feet and pants soaking wet :(

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
milanius
post Apr 11 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Agent

It's spring, nature's favourite time of the year for floods sad.gif northern parts of Serbia, especially arround river Danube and several other rivers, is having [SELF-CENSORSHIP]loads of trouble, because water levels are highest in 40 years - the only time we had worse floods here on Danube was back in 1965.
I can only imagine what it's like in Hungary and Romania sad.gif damnit, this is the second consecutive year with floods...

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
ThanadoS
post Apr 11 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Agent

those floods come every year... i wonder why people don't invest their cash in flood protection meassures... or the states, instead of weapons, etc.
It's April anyways... and april in Austria means you can have everything: From Sunshine to thunderstorm, from hail over snow to pouring rain.
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post Apr 11 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #4

Agent

Wow, that sounds bad.

Floods here look like small ponds compared to that.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Apr 11 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

Oklahoma=Tornado Alley=Tornado season. Coming in a few weeks.
Warming up to spring weather though

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 11 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Pretty warm, sunny and some clouds here in Norways - Typical Easter weather smile.gif Good for skiing and such...
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 12 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Flowers blooming, the smell of fresh spring air, warm spring air and the sun is shining. Its discusting tongue.gif. I'm a fan of winter and I can barely stand the heat or the terrible weather we get here during the transition.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 12 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Here in Norway, we have had good weather earlier this week...but it was not to be.,..verysad.gif

No today, the rain have been pouring down, and thats quite depressing, considering the fact that I was supposed to go skiing...verysad.gifverysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post Apr 12 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #9

Agent

Well dreams about skiing are long time over here where I live, I should go north, there's lovely weather there this time of the year.
This morning things got a bit better. The watery snow is now frozen, so my wool socks are dry today =)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 12 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

You lucky mother******s ( know I'm not supposed to censor myself but it didn't change it automatically). Here in California it's just awful, spring break here is supposed to mean sunshine, beach, binge drinking, instead I've been rained in about half the week. West Marin is on the verge of a second devastating flash flood, the last one in December already took out all the businesses in certain towns, some had to close permenantly, others managed to use public donations and what savings they had to fix their stores up an reopen. Those economies are about to be devastated.

This post has been edited by DoomedOne: Apr 12 2006, 06:15 AM

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Kora
post Apr 12 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #11

Retainer

QUOTE(milanius @ Apr 11 2006, 01:44 PM)
It's spring, nature's favourite time of the year for floods sad.gif northern parts of Serbia, especially arround river Danube and several other rivers, is having [SELF-CENSORSHIP]loads of trouble, because water levels are highest in 40 years - the only time we had worse floods here on Danube was back in 1965.
I can only imagine what it's like in Hungary and Romania sad.gif damnit, this is the second consecutive year with floods...

It's bad, I'll say that much. I'm from Romania and the only thing that I've heard (or seen) in the last few weeks are detailed reports of the Danube's rise. I myself have little to worry since the capital is a hundred miles from the river, but my parents live in the city of Cernavoda, which is almost on red alert. That's the place where the river starts to make its way into the sea and several large floodgates have been built, over the last decades, to protect the city from a flash-flood and to supply the nuclear power plant there with a makeshift lake.

Moist officials say that the floodgates should be strong enough, but I have my doubts. There are several other dams up the river and, so far, they haven't proved to be very effective.

My only wish is that we do not see a repeat of last year's disaster, when the Siret river burst its banks and overflowed across southern Moldova. Thiusands were left homeless, the exact number of deaths is still being debated and an entire way of life was destroyed. What worries me the most is this: if we'll have another flood, it's going to be much worse, since the Siret is a little drizzle, compoared to the Danube.

This post has been edited by Kora: Apr 12 2006, 08:53 AM

--------------------
Join the Darkside - we have cookies!
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Apr 12 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

Its Autumn and I can see snow on the mountains. I can't wait, but thanks to stupid capitialism, global warming will stop enough snow building up to go snowboarding for atleast another 2 1/5 months. Weather has been sunny for the last few days, its has rained abit during the night but only a touch; it still summer weather.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Apr 17 2006, 01:34 AM
+Quote Post
milanius
post Apr 12 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #13

Agent

QUOTE(Kora @ Apr 12 2006, 06:10 AM)
My only wish is that we do not see a repeat of last year's disaster, when the Siret river burst its banks and overflowed across southern Moldova. Thiusands were left homeless, the exact number of deaths is still being debated and an entire way of life was destroyed. What worries me the most is this: if we'll have another flood, it's going to be much worse, since the Siret is a little drizzle, compoared to the Danube.

sad.gif Worst case scenarios are getting closer and closer - it's been one hell of a day, freezing and the rain is pouring still... I heard that Djerdap Dam on Danube is now in a state of general alert; rivers are barely being contained by sandbags... crap.

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Kora
post Apr 13 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #14

Retainer

Last night, it rained non-stop here, but now the weather's sunny. I only wish it would stay that way....

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 16 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Spring here now! This weekend has been just marvellous, sunny, warm and a lot of spring-flowers are just popping out of the ground more and more every day!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 16 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

the last few days have been sunny as hell, well except for two days ago. i was at a b-day party and we went paintballing. the wind had to be rippin like 10 MPH. the paintballs were flying everywhere. i got shot in the neck three times, but got my friend back by giving him a ginormous welt on his hip. :evilsmile:

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Apr 17 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Telendil Delvanni @ Apr 12 2006, 01:02 AM)
Here in Norway, we have had good weather earlier this week...but it was not to be.,..verysad.gif

No today, the rain have been pouring down, and thats quite depressing, considering the fact that I was supposed to go skiing...verysad.gifverysad.gif

Poor you, I was in stugudalen in the whole vacation. Sunny nice weather all the time biggrin.gif

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post
bloodyfish
post Apr 17 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

There is sun in New York. I wish it was raining. Or cloudy. Its too bright. I fear for my skin and eyes.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 17 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, what do you know, today we have actually had good weather here in this part of Norway.

lots of sun, and a comfy breeze, it doesn't get much better than this at this time of year...smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kora
post Apr 18 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #20

Retainer

Sunny weather in Bucharest, for a change, but the wind is still pretty chilly. So far, I've heard that about 500 people have been evacuated, were the Danube overflowed, but so far, aside from the extensive damage to property, there have been no lives lost. Thank heavens! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:49 AM