Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knights of the Nine Won't Turn Off
SubRosa
post Oct 9 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been playing Oblivion again lately, and I just noticed that I cannot turn off Knights of the Nine. Even if I disable it, I still have the prophet standing across from the temple in Anvil, and the interior of the Anvil Chapel is all in ruins. I tried deleting the Knights files from my Data folder, and that just causes the game to CTD when I start up. I even tried starting a brand new character with Knights disabled, and the Prophet and destroyed chapel are still there in Anvil.

I never had this problem before. Has anyone ever run across it? I am playing on PC, with the GOTY edition (that comes with KOTN and SI).

Edit: I found the problem. It was the Bab Body. Bab Final adds KnightsBabFemaleArmors.esp. Having that active also somehow turns on KOTN, even when the Knights.esp is turned off. Since the KnightsBab file is looking for the Knights.esp, deleting that in turn causes the game to CTD when KnightsBab cannot find it.

After disabling KnightsBabFemaleArmors I now have Anvil back to normal. Mostly. The chapel staff have all vanished, killed off automatically by KOTN I am sure, and none of the altars in the chapel work. I can get the staff back with the player.placeatme command. But I am not sure if there is any way to make the altars work. I tried disabling and enabling them, but that didn't make a difference. I might have to go back to my saves from before installing Bab to get everything working again. *sigh*

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 9 2014, 03:24 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 9 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

I was just about to respond that I'd tried it and had no problems, when I saw you'd updated.

One thing about using using Wrye Bash to launch the game is that is automatically checks dependencies when you uncheck a mod on that tab. For me, unchecking the Knights.esp also removed the Unofficial KotN Patch. It would have disabled the Bab ad-on for you.

I haven't tried removing it from an existing game, but I've been tempted. The extra greetings for the Divine Crusader grate after a while, especially as they displace a lot of the others by having higher priority. I may make a mod just for that.

For the altars, I suspect they've been replaced by non-functional ones, so you'd disable the KotN one, and re-enable the original, for which you'd need the refid from the CS. Since the base altars are in Oblivion.esm, and it's the scripts that vary, it might be less than obvious which goes where, but I think they're beneath the respective windows.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 9 2014, 02:20 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds like you've got it sorted out now. I sort of recall that you can't effectively disable KoTN without starting a new game. Good to know about the dependency stuff. My problem is a love/hate relationship - I love the Kynareth Shrine the DLC provides over by the IC, yet I hate what the DLC does to Anvil. Not to mention what happens in Bravil if you pursue the quest line.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 9 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Good you solved it, Sub smile.gif

I have KoTN off and no prophet, but the Anvil chapel insides are in ruins nevertheless.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 9 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

To fix the desecrated chapels of Anvil and Bravil without finishing the KOTN questline, do the following with the Knights.esp active

open the console and type in the following:

setstage ND10 200

That will restore all the altars. You will see smoke billowing around the inside of the chapels however.

Make a hard save, exit the game, and disable Knights.esp.

Now restart, go to your save, the chapels themselves will be back to normal.

However, there might be dead priestesses laying around. To bring them back to life, open the console and click on each one and use the following command:

Ressurect 1

There should be the following priestesses in the Bravil Chapel:
Chana Mona A08C
Marz A08B
Olava The Fair A08D
Uravasa Othrelas A08A

And the following in the Anvil Chapel:
Dumania Jirich A287
Laralthir A286
Trevaia A285

If you cannot find the bodies of anyone simply use the following command to recreate them:
player.placeatme <base id>

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 9 2014, 08:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #6

Paladin
Group Icon

Thank you, SubRosa. This thread is nicely titled such that it will serve as a handy reference for future use. Good stuff!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 10 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #7

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Thanks, Sub. Itīs not a bother since Lothran never visits chapels anyway but maybe Iīll try this smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM