Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ESO "Add-Ons", How Modded Is Your ESO Game?
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

As per Grits's suggestion; a thread to list our ESO "Add-Ons!

On my game:

First and foremost is my favorite: "Idle Animations" - it takes every idle animation available in game and plays them randomly when your character is idling. It is fully customizable so you can shut down ones you don't like.

(example: the other day Calia suddenly just threw up while meeting Buffy for the first time! Nerves? Maybe, but her ability to puke has been shut off now, laugh.gif )

If left standing idle too long they will yawn, stretch, tap their feet, cross their arms, face palm, etc. Misa signals passing players and points up to the ceiling looking up as if there is something up there, lol. If you take too much time she will droop her arms out like a sulking teenager whose parent is making them wait too long, it is hilarious! And it is totally random, you never know what they are going to do next!

The other day on completing a quest she cheered and leaned her head back and laughed - really AWESOME Add-On!!!

2. Skyshards = speaks for itself. It puts an Icon on your map to make the finding of Skyshards easier. When one is found, it disappears from the map so you have an active data of how many skyshards left in each region (and where they are) to plan out your skill point spending.

3. Lorebooks = Same thing as Skyshards; but it is the Mages Guild Lorebooks. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to find thousands of tiny books in a huge realm! Once each book is found, all indicators to other world copies of that book disappear from your map so as not to keep it cluttered up.

4. Destinations - Helps me keep track of where available achievements; active quest stages; etc - on your map and compass. Once again, they disappear when you find each, and this is also fully customizable so you can check to see where stuff is at any time and then shut them back off to keep your map clean; or just put up certain ones.

Example: It shows the set places on the map that M'aiq spawns for your "I like M'aiq" Achievement; or where to find the Undaunted in a Province just in case you want to buy them a drink, etc. Or you can shut those off and just keep your active quest markers up.

5. Lost Treasures = Shows me a big giant red X on my map if I find a treasure map = where I'll find that treasure. It also puts one up for finding your Survey sites if you do Writs (I do Writs). Without this, every time you raise your crafting materials level you have to search a new Province for where their Surveys are. (which is why I never raised my girl's level in mats till she was at the top of the field and didn't have to do Writs anymore. If they had this add-on when she first started I may have done things differently.

6. LUI Memory Manager = manages the memory usage for Add-Ons so they don't interfere with your gameplay if they are hoggish memory users like this next add-on is:

7 & 8: Master Merchant & The Awesome Guild Store = I keep ahead of Misa's shopping expeditions by selling at the Guild Stores. Master Merchant & TAGS automatically keeps me informed of current market prices for items to sell; keeps a record of my sales and net profits; and helps me manage the store shelves at the Guild Stores I deal with.

Master Merchant has to be a memory hog to keep up with billions of sales; all your mercantile history; all your store inventories (I have five stores I sell at); etc. It is, and so it needs the LUI help above. (I'm pretty sure the Idle Animations uses a good amount as well because it has to check if your character is idle; so = scripts running in background)

I use a mod manager called "Minion" that is Awesome = quick, easy to use, keeps all the add-ons up to date automatically; but I have that feature shut off and once per week I check for updates manually. It takes less than minutes even if some need updated; and this way it is not running in the background of anything else I am doing.

What mods I wish they had:

1. More options to customize the Khajiit like the Ohmes-Raht; Cathay-Raht; etc.
2. Sitting on benches out in the world; an animation to get into a bed and sleep instead of the positioning we have to use now.
3. Player house (I know, this is coming next year)
4. More leisure wear for our characters or the ability to craft it at the clothiers.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mALX   ESO "Add-Ons"   Sep 6 2016, 09:27 PM
Grits   Oh my gosh, you nearly killed me with Calia barfin...   Sep 6 2016, 09:32 PM
mALX   Oh my gosh, you nearly killed me with Calia barfi...   Sep 6 2016, 09:59 PM
haute ecole rider   I'm interested in quite a few of them, though ...   Sep 6 2016, 09:42 PM
Grits   Poor Calia, I’m sure Buffy handled it with her k...   Sep 6 2016, 10:03 PM
mALX   Poor Calia, I’m sure Buffy handled it with her ...   Sep 6 2016, 10:15 PM
Grits   ROFL! Jerric has eaten stale bread and spoiled...   Sep 6 2016, 10:18 PM
mALX   ROFL! Jerric has eaten stale bread and spoile...   Sep 6 2016, 10:34 PM
haute ecole rider   Thanks, mALX! I downloaded Minion and installe...   Sep 7 2016, 03:40 PM
mALX   Thanks, mALX! I downloaded Minion and install...   Sep 7 2016, 05:27 PM
haute ecole rider   I do like the add-ons I have so far. The Idle An...   Sep 8 2016, 11:44 PM
mALX   I do like the add-ons I have so far. The Idle A...   Sep 9 2016, 02:23 AM
Acadian   Great shots and am glad you're enjoying the an...   Sep 9 2016, 12:23 AM
Grits   These are great, haute! Ha, that Daggerfall fo...   Sep 9 2016, 02:47 AM
mALX   I got a new Add-On a couple days ago: The Recip...   Nov 26 2016, 03:01 AM
haute ecole rider   Ooh, that sounds like the perfect Add-On for Julia...   Nov 29 2016, 05:45 PM
mALX   Ooh, that sounds like the perfect Add-On for Juli...   Nov 30 2016, 04:42 PM
haute ecole rider   I am trying CraftStore Fixed and Improved alongsid...   Dec 4 2016, 07:57 PM
mALX   I am trying CraftStore Fixed and Improved alongsi...   Dec 5 2016, 04:13 AM
haute ecole rider   I really like running both at this time - no probl...   Dec 5 2016, 07:50 AM
mALX   I may test it out. I don't want too many add-...   Dec 6 2016, 12:44 AM
haute ecole rider   Let me think on this a moment . . . CraftStore l...   Dec 6 2016, 05:34 AM
mALX   Let me think on this a moment . . . CraftStore ...   Dec 6 2016, 07:23 AM
Ivanfaje   Hi, stupid question mabye but how do I register on...   Oct 21 2017, 12:42 AM
Acadian   They say they send you an e-mail with invite (code...   Oct 21 2017, 01:08 AM
ghastley   I've been using Craft Store for a while, and m...   Mar 28 2018, 08:09 PM
monkeyemoness   IIRC there's a menu option to disable the craf...   Mar 28 2018, 08:15 PM
ghastley   IIRC there's a menu option to disable the cra...   Mar 30 2018, 05:05 PM
ghastley   I just installed the "Port To Friend's Ho...   Aug 31 2018, 02:57 PM
haute ecole rider   For the PTF, I think you need to share a visit car...   Aug 31 2018, 03:15 PM
mALX   Oh Haute, tell Cardinal THANK YOU SO MUCH!...   Aug 31 2018, 10:00 PM
haute ecole rider   Shameless plug here I’ve been using three AddOn...   Feb 23 2019, 09:13 PM
mALX   Shameless plug here I’ve been using three AddO...   Feb 24 2019, 01:48 AM
haute ecole rider   With EHT you can have crafting stations move from ...   Feb 25 2019, 05:10 PM
mALX   With EHT you can have crafting stations move from...   Feb 25 2019, 10:20 PM
ghastley   I'm looking at add-ons to swap equipment and b...   May 6 2019, 06:18 PM
mALX   I'm looking at add-ons to swap equipment and ...   May 7 2019, 04:36 AM
ghastley   Does that mean it's still viable for "hom...   May 7 2019, 01:40 PM
mALX   Does that mean it's still viable for "ho...   May 7 2019, 02:58 PM
ghastley   I checked out Combat Metrics for our foray into (n...   May 15 2019, 10:16 PM
mALX   I checked out Combat Metrics for our foray into (...   May 16 2019, 05:08 AM
ghastley   I'm Checking out Style and Elegance, as an adj...   Mar 9 2020, 05:00 PM
Grits   For Antiquities I'm using Display Leads With L...   Jun 25 2020, 10:55 PM
Grits   Exterminatus Group Leader is the add-on I'm us...   Jul 4 2020, 05:24 PM
Grits   I have been tweaking my combat info add-ons, and I...   Jul 11 2020, 02:23 PM
Acadian   Companions. I noticed many on the official forums...   Jun 29 2021, 08:08 PM
Grits   Thank you, Acadian! Bastian has been on Jerric...   Aug 15 2021, 03:21 AM
ghastley   Bumping the thread with a mention of Improved Comp...   Mar 9 2023, 02:02 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 PM