255 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
mirocu
post Apr 21 2015, 07:21 AM
Post #1721

Spam Meister
Group Icon

So now you have officially played through all three Bioshocks, Kobby? Which one was best?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vital
post Apr 21 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #1722

Mouth
Group Icon

Dragon Age Inquisition is taking up most of my free time at the moment, although I've also been fitting in a bit of Evolve and GTA.

Oblivion is also looking appealing, if I can find the time... wink.gif

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 21 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #1723

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 21 2015, 11:39 AM) *

Is that a new game? I have to look into that one.. laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Vital
post Apr 21 2015, 11:17 AM
Post #1724

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 21 2015, 08:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Vital @ Apr 21 2015, 11:39 AM) *

Is that a new game? I have to look into that one.. laugh.gif
laugh.gif Yeah, it sounds quite good. Not sure that many people on this forum will have heard of it though...

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 23 2015, 03:23 AM
Post #1725

Ancient
Group Icon

For the last few days I have been playing Neverwinter Nights 1 again, starting a new game with Persephone. Yes, the girl gets around. I have been having a blast. It may be the older game than NWN2 - with correspondingly poorer graphics, fewer classes and neato feats, less races, etc... - but it is definitely the better game. I just cannot get through NWN2. But I have gone through NWN1 several times over the years, and I am still loving it one more time.

I do have an idea for my copy of Neverwinter Nights 2. I just downloaded Baldur's Gate Reloaded, which turns NWN2 into Baldur's Gate. BG1 from the looks of it, not 2. But I liked BG1 better, so that is a win for me. At some time I will give that a try.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 23 2015, 03:26 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 24 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #1726

Ancient
Group Icon

Still having a lot of fun with NWN1. Persephone is my first character to have the Great Cleave feat. Wow! For those unfamiliar with the D&D 3.x rules, the Cleave feat gives you a free attack when you kill your opponent, so long as the new person you attack is in melee range. Great Cleave takes it a step further, and allows you to chain an unending number of such free attacks, so long as you kill an opponent with each swing, or run out of people in melee range. The Paladin in Diablo 2 had the same feat.

Soon after taking Great Cleave, Persephone went into a big room that was filled with fire beetles. Low level critters. But there were about a dozen of them, and they all came in at once and swarmed her. Persephone attacked once, then the cleaving commenced. It didn't stop until all the beetles were dead. In one round, one action, she killed them all. As one would die, another would step up into the gap, so that when Persephone's sword came around again it was in range. Wow!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 24 2015, 01:58 AM
Post #1727

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, glad to hear you are still going strong with NWN I. Heh, the Great Cleave sounds like some special power that a busty Nord might have that causes her top to pop open and distract her foes. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 24 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #1728

Master
Group Icon

Like Sigrid? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post May 1 2015, 09:39 PM
Post #1729

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I've ditched MH4U and gone back to playing Rune Factory 4. There's something strangely satisfying about combining farming and dungeon-diving...

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 2 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #1730

Mouth
Group Icon

currently on my 7th playthrough of Dragon's Dogma, but I accidentally missed out a quest so I'm planning on blitzing through it and going for 100% on playthrough number 8. My character is just over 2 years old and still isn't strong enough to take down the DLC endgame boss.

*sigh* the grind never ends.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 2 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #1731

Ancient
Group Icon

I was just watching the Angry Joe review on Dragon's Dogma. It sounded interesting, right up until I discovered it is for X-box and Playstation only.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post May 3 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #1732

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ May 2 2015, 08:54 PM) *

currently on my 7th playthrough of Dragon's Dogma, but I accidentally missed out a quest so I'm planning on blitzing through it and going for 100% on playthrough number 8. My character is just over 2 years old and still isn't strong enough to take down the DLC endgame boss.

*sigh* the grind never ends.

I keep meaning to get back to Dragon's Dogma, damn good game. I completed the story once before the expansion came out, but haven't gotten around to a second attempt. Which class do you play? I tend to go for either Mystic Knight or Magic Archer. Too much fun.

Anyway, I'm trying to hack, blast, and respawn my way through Halo 3 on Legendary difficulty. I want to see that alternate ending. dry.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 3 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #1733

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ May 3 2015, 11:35 AM) *

I keep meaning to get back to Dragon's Dogma, damn good game. I completed the story once before the expansion came out, but haven't gotten around to a second attempt. Which class do you play? I tend to go for either Mystic Knight or Magic Archer. Too much fun.

I rock the assassin, for the sword/bow combo, and my pawn is a ranger (though she was a lot more helpful as a fighter so I'm thinking of switching her to that). I like the abilities of the magic archer but I don't like the way the bows look tongue.gif It's always style over substance for me.

I've got to the point now where I've been everywhere, done everything, and killed everything, quite a few times so my pawn knows exactly where to go and what to do. Makes things so much easier. The expansion is still really difficult though.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 4 2015, 02:48 AM
Post #1734

Ancient
Group Icon

For the last few days I have been playing my Amazon Total War mod for Rome: Total War 1. It has been years since I have touched it. This sure brings back memories.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 4 2015, 02:50 AM
Post #1735

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 3 2015, 09:48 PM) *

For the last few days I have been playing my Amazon Total War mod for Rome: Total War 1. It has been years since I have touched it. This sure brings back memories.

It brings me back memories of when you talked about it and posted a couple screens over on the Bethesda Official site back in 2009! Did looking at that particular vid make you nostalgic to play it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 4 2015, 03:29 AM
Post #1736

Ancient
Group Icon

It was watching Angry Joe's review of Rome Total War 2 that got me hankering for some total warness. It sounds like RTW2 is not very good, something I have heard from more than just him. So I took a stroll down memory lane with my Amazons. Nearly all of Asia Minor has now fallen to my women.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 4 2015, 03:51 AM
Post #1737

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 3 2015, 10:29 PM) *

It was watching Angry Joe's review of Rome Total War 2 that got me hankering for some total warness. It sounds like RTW2 is not very good, something I have heard from more than just him. So I took a stroll down memory lane with my Amazons. Nearly all of Asia Minor has now fallen to my women.

As soon as you said you played it again after all this time, I wondered if watching that vid had kind of got you thinking about it.

I remember a screen with troops on a bridge, or maybe nearing a bridge - that is all I can remember about it, other than you loved the game and carried some of the things you loved best about it into your roleplay in Oblivion - some really cool things like that lance, etc. I remember the girl Legionaire on horseback carrying that lance and I think her armor too was based on that game. I learned more about the Roman wars listening to you than I learned in school, and it was a lot more fun your way too, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 4 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #1738

Ancient
Group Icon

Let me see, I do have a bunch of old pics from ATW. I did most of these for faction previews, to showcase their units. I just wish I could remember what I did to hide the UI in those pics. It has been so long I cannot remember anymore.

Amazonian Chariots

Amazonian Agema Archers

Amazonian Companion Cavalry

Amazonian Armored Hoplites

Amazonian Axewomen

Amazonian Agema Axewoman

Valkyrja Spearwomen

Valkyrja Berserkers

Valkyrja Companion Cavalry

Valkyrja Heavy Cavalry

Gorgon Armored Elephants

Gorgon Agema Axewomen vs. Carthaginian Sacred Band

Bean Sidhe Chosen Fianna

Bean Sidhe vs Romans

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 4 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #1739

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for sharing these SubRosa - looks like a beautiful mod. I'm sure I've seen several of these at some point posted by you over the years. What epic scale!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 4 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #1740

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 4 2015, 01:14 PM) *

Let me see, I do have a bunch of old pics from ATW. I did most of these for faction previews, to showcase their units. I just wish I could remember what I did to hide the UI in those pics. It has been so long I cannot remember anymore.

Amazonian Chariots

Amazonian Agema Archers

Amazonian Companion Cavalry

Amazonian Armored Hoplites

Amazonian Axewomen

Amazonian Agema Axewoman

Valkyrja Spearwomen

Valkyrja Berserkers

Valkyrja Companion Cavalry

Valkyrja Heavy Cavalry

Gorgon Armored Elephants

Gorgon Agema Axewomen vs. Carthaginian Sacred Band

Bean Sidhe Chosen Fianna

Bean Sidhe vs Romans

Holy Cow, do you have to control all those people? How do you do it? These screens are amazing, and I love some of the armors! The charging Elephants tossing people in the air had me laughing! What a great touch! Awesome shots, this looks great - but hard to play!

GAAAAH, this is a mod? I thought it was a game! Holy Cow !!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 4 2015, 11:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 85 86 87 88 89 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:46 AM