Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> From paid mods to ..., Reversed direction?
ghastley
post Oct 31 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

This sticky post on bethesda.net is interesting in the light of the "paid mods" fiasco.

This appears to go even further in the opposite direction than I thought possible, and perhaps even prohibits the "donate" button at the Nexus.

It does make me wonder if that whole thing was Valve's idea, and had nothing to do with Bethesda/Zenimax, and if it heralds a move away from Steam entirely?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghastley
post Nov 3 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Well one thing I've noticed since putting the PC version of Orc Hearthfires on the Nexus and the Xbox one on Bethesda.net is the difference in downloads. 1500 for Xbox versus 171 for PC. Now some of that is because PC users have it for OE (5700 of them) but at this rate the console users will catch up very soon.

I'm sure that has a lot to do with the way mods are now offered in-game in SE, as a choice on the main menu. Add some mods, before you start up again!

Edit: As of 10/4/2017 downloads were 8,469 for Original Edition, 2,633 for Special Edition, and 20,870 on Xbox1.

It's hard to tell if Creation Club will start to affect anything, but I'll be monitoring.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 4 2017, 01:56 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:34 AM