Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion, Got a new idea, post it here!
barreldragons
post Jan 3 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #101

Agent

for the men who sell the ship , did you chek the tree ship to see if you can find a guy in fency clothe?

and for the skoma have you kill the blind men are what? tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Jan 3 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #102

Evoker

QUOTE(KywerB @ Jan 3 2007, 10:20 AM) *

Hey, hope this is posted in the right place but I didn't know where else it might fit, anyway, i'm having two major problems with this mod.

First, I cannot find the NPC needed for buying the first ship.

Also, with the dodgy skooma quest, when I try to return to the guy stuck in another realm with the extra potion the old man in the weird area isn't there so I can't travel anywhere.

Is this a bug in the mod?

The NPC you need to talk to is either in his ship, the Black Moon, or in the Bilge Monkey drinking.

The old man should be there, theres nothing to make him leave. Try resting 24 hours where he should be.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
enthalpient
post Jan 12 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #103

Associate

Hi dark_soul, just wanted to drop by say that i'm loving your mod and probably drop an idea or two on the ground, and see what comes out from it. smile.gif

Idea a) As i recall a possible quest to earn a ghost ship like the "black pearl" has been mentioned, and apart from the ship's black appearance (which may or not be an easy task to do) and its increased durability as well as speed (less repairs & greater chance to avoid the Imperial Navy) what i think would freakingly cool is your crew to become cursed and transform into skeletons and possibly make battles in this form. (maybe named after your crew). Also you would become undead too, and you couldn't sleep or eat until you remove the curse by returning the ship's acquired treasure to its place.

Idea b ) Regarding battles, from what i've seen and heard, it's very difficult (or even impossible) to make two moving ships come close and start the battle, but the way i see it the following way would be much easier:

By talking to the first mate to sail for looting, an exterior cell with only sea and some static ships apart from yours loads ( which is chosen randomly from different cell combinations), and so you can control your own ship (by using j1ason's method as Bella Moretta mod does), you approach one of these ships (from a safe ditance not to trigger the battle AI) and when this happens, the engine gets triggered to load the actual cell for battle as currently happens. So you can actually get to see why and what caused the battle with this ship cool.gif

Let me know what you think. Is any of these ideas possible and doable?

This mod is already a blast and the Final hasn't even come out yet! biggrin.gif
Best of luck to you wink.gif
+Quote Post
Captain Red
post Jan 12 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #104

Associate

This mod is a-w-e-s-o-m-e biggrin.gif
Congratulations and thank you for such a great "expansion". laugh.gif

I'd like to give some feedback too. wink.gif

- The texts they're wayyyy to fast;
- Need more explanations, can't find the ship's damage report and the NPC to fix it;
- How do I pay the crew? Do I need to do it after every journey?
- The battles are very messy and it's hard to tell who is who, as discussed before;
- Guards in the Imperial HQ want to arrest me evrey time for a bounty of 5, even if I have none and/or paid it a few seconds eariler;
- On the Tower/lighthouse the floor door doesn't work.

Some (great) ideas: biggrin.gif
- When you hit a treasure ship, make the enemy captain randomly hide somewhere in the lower deck. Then you have to solo him to get the treasure instead of just a few chests to pick;
- Archery and the silly magery skills aren't used enough. Why not have battles happen in 2 parts: the first one, the ships are distant and you have X seconds to either persuade the ship to surrender/speak terms with the ennemy captain/decide not to engage/fire arrows/spells to damage/kill enemies before the boarding occurs. The second part is of course the boarding;
- When you hit a slave ship, have a % of being infected by a disease, evt the crew would also be infected;
- When you hit an imperial ship, have a % of finding a prisoner who volunteers as a pirate in your crew/trade a few very interesting informations for his freedom;
- Use alchemy to create... handgrenades; biggrin.gif
- is it possible to open the crows nest to archers.

Thanks for your attention. smile.gif
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Jan 19 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #105

Evoker

QUOTE(enthalpient @ Jan 13 2007, 03:42 AM) *

Hi dark_soul, just wanted to drop by say that i'm loving your mod and probably drop an idea or two on the ground, and see what comes out from it.

Idea a) As i recall a possible quest to earn a ghost ship like the "black pearl" has been mentioned, and apart from the ship's black appearance (which may or not be an easy task to do) and its increased durability as well as speed (less repairs & greater chance to avoid the Imperial Navy) what i think would freakingly cool is your crew to become cursed and transform into skeletons and possibly make battles in this form. (maybe named after your crew). Also you would become undead too, and you couldn't sleep or eat until you remove the curse by returning the ship's acquired treasure to its place.

Idea b ) Regarding battles, from what i've seen and heard, it's very difficult (or even impossible) to make two moving ships come close and start the battle, but the way i see it the following way would be much easier:

By talking to the first mate to sail for looting, an exterior cell with only sea and some static ships apart from yours loads ( which is chosen randomly from different cell combinations), and so you can control your own ship (by using j1ason's method as Bella Moretta mod does), you approach one of these ships (from a safe ditance not to trigger the battle AI) and when this happens, the engine gets triggered to load the actual cell for battle as currently happens. So you can actually get to see why and what caused the battle with this ship

Let me know what you think. Is any of these ideas possible and doable?

This mod is already a blast and the Final hasn't even come out yet! biggrin.gif
Best of luck to you wink.gif

The Black pearl idea would be a lot more work, and i've got enough as is wink.gif As for the second idea, it is possible, but again is a lot more work, i like your idea, and if i heard it earlier i may have included it, but i am concentrating on finishing what i have got.

QUOTE(Captain Red @ Jan 13 2007, 04:23 AM) *

This mod is a-w-e-s-o-m-e biggrin.gif
Congratulations and thank you for such a great "expansion". laugh.gif

I'd like to give some feedback too. wink.gif

- The texts they're wayyyy to fast;
- Need more explanations, can't find the ship's damage report and the NPC to fix it;
- How do I pay the crew? Do I need to do it after every journey?
- The battles are very messy and it's hard to tell who is who, as discussed before;
- Guards in the Imperial HQ want to arrest me evrey time for a bounty of 5, even if I have none and/or paid it a few seconds eariler;
- On the Tower/lighthouse the floor door doesn't work.

Some (great) ideas: biggrin.gif
- When you hit a treasure ship, make the enemy captain randomly hide somewhere in the lower deck. Then you have to solo him to get the treasure instead of just a few chests to pick;
- Archery and the silly magery skills aren't used enough. Why not have battles happen in 2 parts: the first one, the ships are distant and you have X seconds to either persuade the ship to surrender/speak terms with the ennemy captain/decide not to engage/fire arrows/spells to damage/kill enemies before the boarding occurs. The second part is of course the boarding;
- When you hit a slave ship, have a % of being infected by a disease, evt the crew would also be infected;
- When you hit an imperial ship, have a % of finding a prisoner who volunteers as a pirate in your crew/trade a few very interesting informations for his freedom;
- Use alchemy to create... handgrenades; biggrin.gif
- is it possible to open the crows nest to archers.

Thanks for your attention.

I'm glad you like the mod. I'm putting in instructions for people to generate silent mp3s for the text, which makes it much more readable. I won't be generating the silent MP3's myself and distributing them as its over 180mb. I've recognised the need for more explanations, in the new version the guide book has more information, as well as certain NPCs having information about certain things. The pirate journal that contains your pirate rating now also displays various other stats. Payment, ship damage and repairs as well as certain hideout quests are in the final, not in the beta. I've fixed the battles, it should be more obvious now, plus you can dress your crew how you like. Part of the imperial HQ is off limits (the upper levels), so it is a crime to enter there. Usually NPCS in off limits areas call the guards, but in this case the NPCs are the guards. I've fixed the lighthouse.

On the treasure ship there is more guards below. Theres a mage and an archer first mate, and now you can equip your pirates however you like, so you can give them bows. I was considering the surrender part, but i couldn't think of a good "algorithm" to do it, plus it was more work

Good idea with the slave ship and diseases, i'll look into it. Prisoners can now be sold, inlcuding captured prisoners on imperial ships, i'm looking into making them hireable. No hand grenades, and no guns. No the crows nest cannot be used, it has no havok.

Thanks for your ideas and input!

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Jan 19 2007, 01:56 PM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
mg42
post Jan 25 2007, 02:01 AM
Post #106

Associate

I would like to see the planks drop on loading, and the crew chanting and shouting before they bored.

Chance of diseases from sleeping with wenches.

The ability to buy information on ships holding better goods or people worth ransoming (a slight upgrade on the normal slave), this would add an extra option to your 2nd mate so you could pick when you go after the ship.

And the ability to sell Skooma or that other strange crystal stuff to random npcs, and get them hooked (they could come looking for you even in the strangest places just to get there fix), And sometimes collapse and die if you sell them to much.

Im roleplaying m currnt cap'in at the mo and shes a awful drunk, iv been using inebriation mod, getting off my face then raiding ships (and falling off once or twice) it would be great if you could get your Rum to work with it!

hope to see a update sooon!! great work so far

+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Jan 25 2007, 05:37 AM
Post #107

Evoker

- I would like to see the planks drop on loading, and the crew chanting and shouting before they bored.

If you can find me a 3d artist to do the animations for the planks, i'll put it in.

- Chance of diseases from sleeping with wenches.

Been in since the beginning wink.gif

- The ability to buy information on ships holding better goods or people worth ransoming (a slight upgrade on the normal slave), this would add an extra option to your 2nd mate so you could pick when you go after the ship.

I like this idea a lot, i'll see if i can factor it in.

- And the ability to sell Skooma or that other strange crystal stuff to random npcs, and get them hooked (they could come looking for you even in the strangest places just to get there fix), And sometimes collapse and die if you sell them to much.

Not really interested in having a drug dealing side to the mod, its more about being a pirate.

- Im roleplaying m currnt cap'in at the mo and shes a awful drunk, iv been using inebriation mod, getting off my face then raiding ships (and falling off once or twice) it would be great if you could get your Rum to work with it!

I have asked the creator of the Inebriation mod for permission to re-use his code on the rum, i've yet to add it in, lucky you reminded me.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
harvesterofsouls
post Jan 28 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #108

Retainer

i would like to see some sort of brawling in the bars, So that maybe u cant die, but when ur health is too low u collapse and find yourelf in the morning sleeping in the gutter.
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Jan 29 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #109

Agent

and the fighting pirates would be call ( drunked sailer ) but i dont understand why you want to see more of them didn you saw the turstie sneaking people who try to get wine?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Jan 29 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #110

Retainer

The black pearl would indeed be a hard task. OblivionMon asked me to retexture one of oblivions ships a while back for the ocean mod and I soon found out why there is not many ship retextures.

The ship is one mesh i think but it has several different texture files and the textures for each part of the ship are used from very weird sources, for example the wooden mast could well possibly use the same texture as say the texture for a wooden table.

I suddenly got lost in all the different texture files I needed and in the end I gave up as I have no patience, lol.
I think if any mod is to use a ship it is probably best to either use bethesdas original model or make a new mesh that uses just one maybe two textures. (still a lot of work kvleft.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ryua
post Feb 3 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #111

Retainer

QUOTE(ataylor @ Oct 1 2006, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Oct 1 2006, 12:26 PM) *

Would people prefer to hire pirates individually for their hideout? Or hire them as a group (like an upgrade)? Currently they appear when you acquire the allied ships.

I'd prefer to hire them indivdually.

You could add some depth and some character to the ones you hire then, as they wouldn't just appear as a group, but you'd have gone to them to hire them.

yes, individualy, but if you keep them in that inn or whatever make it so they ar'nt just clumped together and standing together for hours, like mabie get a drink sit down move around and stuff.

also about the bar fights ive used the bar fight mod but it definetly needs to be perfected, ask his permission and put it in here so that if you talk to some drunks the wrong way a big fight starts and everyone joins in.(meaning you use a scroll to activate it in that mod and then important characters dont die but keep getting up and figting...set it so the effect wares off once everyone is down but thbey dont die, like weapons damage fatigue instead so that once it's low enough they pass out and when they do you keep it like that till the fight is over....)

still cant wait for the full version, the beta of this mod alone was awsome.

This post has been edited by ryua: Feb 3 2007, 05:10 PM
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 4 2007, 03:41 AM
Post #112

Agent

yes, individualy, but if you keep them in that inn or whatever make it so they ar'nt just clumped together and standing together for hours, like mabie get a drink sit down move around and stuff.

the way it gona be made ryan is probobly by talking to the bar owner who will give you chose of crew it not becose we dont like to see 64 npc in the same room but we try to limit the size of the mods ( and some people alerdy experienced some fatal error issu with 9 npc in there so...)

--------------------
+Quote Post
hashpond420
post Feb 4 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #113

Associate

First I'd like to say great mod I can't wait for the finished product.

I was going to point out a problem but after reading a few of the earlier posts I realised that it was probably done on purpose, i coudn't find the shipwright in fire eye toms for about an hour i looked then i equiped a helm of detect life and after nocliping I found her behind a wall in the middle of nowhere sitting at a table, I hired her but she does nothing, but like I said you probably did this on purpose.

Well since I'm here how about a couple suggestions:

- I'd like to see my pirates on deck and maybe when at the hideout they could wander and stuff

- Maybe weather patterns could affect ship damage i.e. fog, storms

- Staying on the waether topic maybe you could add a quest where you get shipwrecked because of a hurricaine or something and you gotta do a bunch of crap to off an island or something (and maybe find some booty in the process, Smaahhrrr.)

Again sweet boat mod!
+Quote Post
hashpond420
post Feb 4 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #114

Associate

Stupid swear filter... nono.gif
That's not supposed to be "sweet boat mod"
It's supposed to "sweet a$$ mod"

Sorry for double post but had to clear that up.
+Quote Post
harvesterofsouls
post Feb 8 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #115

Retainer

I would love to be able to upgrade or otherwise customize my ship
some ideas:
-spikes
- weapon racks on deck
-differently colored sails
-differently painted ships
-corpses hanging from the rigging
any ideas?
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Feb 9 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #116

Evoker

QUOTE(hashpond420 @ Feb 5 2007, 03:17 AM) *

First I'd like to say great mod I can't wait for the finished product.

I was going to point out a problem but after reading a few of the earlier posts I realised that it was probably done on purpose, i coudn't find the shipwright in fire eye toms for about an hour i looked then i equiped a helm of detect life and after nocliping I found her behind a wall in the middle of nowhere sitting at a table, I hired her but she does nothing, but like I said you probably did this on purpose.

Well since I'm here how about a couple suggestions:

- I'd like to see my pirates on deck and maybe when at the hideout they could wander and stuff

- Maybe weather patterns could affect ship damage i.e. fog, storms

- Staying on the waether topic maybe you could add a quest where you get shipwrecked because of a hurricaine or something and you gotta do a bunch of crap to off an island or something (and maybe find some booty in the process, Smaahhrrr.)

Again sweet boat mod!

Actually well done, you did find a problem, that table was supposed to be repositioned/deleted but i forgot about it. Fixed now. And yep, she does nothing in the beta, but shes set for repairs now. I've added more pirates to the hideout now, as you expand it, and hire the other ships more pirates will come offering things such as training. As for your pirates wandering about, it would require a much more complex system of AI packages, that while possible, i would need to add it to all of the 100 odd pirates their is for you to hire now, so in the interests of getting the mod out this year i can add it sorry wink.gif

I'll have a look into the weather, i know you can force weather to occur, but i'm not sure you can detect what weather is currently happening.

QUOTE(harvesterofsouls @ Feb 8 2007, 10:52 AM) *

I would love to be able to upgrade or otherwise customize my ship
some ideas:
-spikes
- weapon racks on deck
-differently colored sails
-differently painted ships
-corpses hanging from the rigging
any ideas?

I was originally planning for upgrades such as spikes etc, but no different painted ships. I suppose if someone retextured the ship for you it could be done, but its not something i'm too keen on at the moment, as its possible for your ship to be in different places to the player, and its a pain to make everythign disappear/re-appear when the player is in a town where his ship could be (such as travelling between yakudra and blackhorn).

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
ryua
post Feb 10 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #117

Retainer

dark_soul, what do you have left/ how long do you think it's going to be till it's finished, great beta but hearing more about what you're adding, i cant wait for the finished version
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 11 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #118

Agent

ya and could we have some picture of the new island?

thk men tongue.gif

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Feb 13 2007, 05:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Feb 20 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #119

Retainer

QUOTE(dark_soul @ Feb 13 2007, 01:35 PM) *

Images you asked for, images you shall get. Three screenshots of the town from different angles:
Port Delargo 1
Port Delargo 2
Port Delargo 3
Note the island actually extends much further back, but alas I haven't yet got generated LOD to work.

I like the new island, it looks very cosy smile.gif. I cant wait to see the final result.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Mar 27 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #120

Evoker

You could make that one or two of you men could follow you in to the city and other places
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM