Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Grits
post Mar 23 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #561

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 23 2012, 11:30 AM) *

Wow. Allek went from being an unhinged thief to... I'm not even sure what at the moment.

Hmm, I'd say a powerful and unhinged murderer. hehe.gif But Marcurio does seem to be a stabilizing influence. For now.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 23 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #562

Master
Group Icon

I wonder how long he will last. Sounds like a good character to take through the DB. I really need to try some other things, but I always go to Aravi when I play Skyrim.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 23 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #563

Ancient
Group Icon

Congrats on Allek (is he a Smart Allek? wink.gif) finding his true calling. I feel you pain in situations like that, where a character just does not click for one reason or another. It is wonderful when you can break through that and get them in the groove. I concur with KC, in that it sounds like Allek might fit in with the DB now.

So he is teaming up with Mercutio? I have never had him as a companion. He strikes me as being too annoying. But then again, I have not had many characters who used a companion. Really just my first one Scylla. Illia was a great counter point to her melee badassery. Hrafn has gotten to the point where she does not need any help. She often one-shot kills bandits with her axe now, and regular trolls usually do not survive two hits.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 23 2012, 04:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 23 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #564

Councilor
Group Icon

Allek might do the DB. Then again, he might join just to quietly kill them (if that's even possible). I made Kai-Neeus for the DB, but she has taken to the TG in a way that Allek never did. And hes the one I made as a thief. I am an utter failure at creating characters for specific purposes. Once they get in the game, they always change the plan. But it is interesting!

I can see that Marcurio could be annoying. Hes cocky, impatient, and rude. Just the way Allek likes him. tongue.gif JShanji is at the point where he doesnt need JZargo. Ive already downgraded his gear, but he might be due for a re-start. The lower levels are the most fun for me, and JShanji is a keeper. Plus Id like to give him his big, be-ringed ears back. biggrin.gif

I did find a few minutes for Jensa. She needed a little break from the MQ. Heres how she tells it: smile.gif

Ive been out of sorts for days. Stenvar and I have been searching through barrows for words of power. I had to get him out of Hjerim before he and Calder tore the house down with their fighting. Calder may be sworn to protect me and mine with his life, but that doesnt mean he wont try to beat Stenvar to within an inch of his.

Its partly my fault. I guess I keep both of them up at night, just a little. I cant really help myself. When I wake up and Stenvar is right there beside me, I just want some help getting back to sleep. Calders chamber is across the hall from ours. Stenvar and I know how to be quiet, but the bed doesnt.

Anyway the last time the two of them hauled each other up off the floor, I must have gotten a look on my face. Calder and Stenvar kind of glanced at each other. I know, Stenvar said to me, spitting out some blood, lets go hunting.

But he meant hunting for words of power, and Im sick of being underground. Tonight we came out covered in dead dust with nothing to show for it, again. I saw that same look on Stenvars face that he gave Calder. I know, he said, lets go down to Whiterun Hold. We can work a bounty for the Jarl and have a drink with the Companions. Thats big sky country. It will make a good change.

That was quite a speech coming from Stenvar. And hes right. He really does know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 23 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #565

Ancient
Group Icon

Jensa and Stenvar may need to move to Whiterun till Calder gets over it, ROFL !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 23 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #566

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 23 2012, 03:38 PM) *

Jensa and Stenvar may need to move to Whiterun till Calder gets over it, ROFL !!

They might!! Calder and Stenvar really do fight in the game! Jensa has to make Stenvar wait outside when she decorates. Otherwise:

Jensa: *drops item from inventory*
Calder: Hey, can I have that?
Stenvar: No way, I saw it first!
Calder and Stenvar: *endless fight*
Jensa: huh.gif
Grits: *reloads*

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #567

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 23 2012, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 23 2012, 03:38 PM) *

They might!! Calder and Stenvar really do fight in the game! Jensa has to make Stenvar wait outside when she decorates. Otherwise:

ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 24 2012, 01:46 AM
Post #568

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 23 2012, 05:41 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 24 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #569

Councilor
Group Icon

I third the laugh.gif ...

This is an attempt at J'Zirlo journal-ness...It's full of Companion-ish spoilers...Well...This bit isn't...But the answer is...Don't read it if you don't want them... biggrin.gif ... tongue.gif ... laugh.gif ...

...From the journals of General Sir J'Zirlo of New Kvatch, brother of Blademaster J'Zargo "The Magnificent".

Khajiit are not ones for journal writing. We find it tiresome. Actions speak louder than words and assorted cliches. And I know of at least one officious clerk that will attest to the pen absolutely failing to be mightier than the sword.

And yet, I find that I must write something. Events lately have been...Strange, to say the least.

Once Helgen was secured and re-settled, we - the Knights - were divided off and sent on our missions. Friends Caerellin, Dinasafon and Shaade...Ah! Shaade...Hah...Sorry, got lost musing. They were sent to do what it is they do best, and Olffson and I were sent to Whiterun to make contact with a group we were told were the "Fighters Guild of Skyrim" by the Commander.

Friend Dinas decided that he would be better off alone and left swiftly and silently. The Commander laughed and said, "Just like his father!" but then suddenly went all sullen and told us to leave. I understand not the ways of Argonians. They are a strange race.

Anyhow, the four of us left Helgen with our packs and walked merrily, joking and laughing our way down towards Riverwood. Well, I say we...Caerellin and Olfsson mostly joked, Shaade and I mostly laughed. She has a particular laugh I noticed. It is...Nice...

We made good time down from Helgen, which was a heartfelt joy, as under the late evening summer sun, Riverwood is beautiful. Fortunately, the wolves that shadowed us all the way down, kept away.

In a way that made both Shaade and I laugh, at exactly the same time, both Olfsson and Caerellin said, "Oooh!" and made for seperate directions. Olfsson to the forge he'd seen and Caerellin to the shop that some "pretty" (as far as I'm any judge!) woman had entered.

Shaade shook her head and said she would go and find friend Ralof's sister. I bade her be careful. She smiled. Aaah!..

I made my way to the forge. Olfsson was already bare chested and beating out some metal! That Nord is unstoppable I tell you! Anyways, between us, we took all of the stunned blacksmith's stock of smithing supplies and produced a small stack of weapons and armour - which would keep him in coin for many months, I say with some pride! - in a matter of small hours.

While all this was going on, friends Caerellin and Shaade appeared and declared they were leaving to do something in a barrow...Well, each to their own. Little did I know, it would be some time before I saw Shaade again, else I would have made more of a thing of her leaving. Ah well, the moons still cross the sky and other assorted cliches!

When Caerellin returned alone, and also bade us farewell, little did I know how things would change.

-------------------------------------

Sorry, got lost there...Sadly, time is against me now... biggrin.gif ...What do you mean "Oh thank God"? huh.gif ...

biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 24 2012, 06:11 AM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 24 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #570

Councilor
Group Icon

More J'Zirlo...

As the end of the daylight had been lost to helping the 'smith clear up his forge, Olfsson and I decided to accept the hospitality of friend Ralof's sister. However, we discovered that there was only one bed available. Olfsson looked at me and said, "We're not that close". The whole household erupted in laughter. Khajiit politely offered to stay at the inn, to which Gurdur said, "Only at our expense, with our apologies. But first, you dine with us." You couldn't find better peoples (or cooks, as it happens) anywhere.

Next morning, the Nord and I walked down a winding picturesque part-cobbled road. Suddenly we heard sounds of battle coming from the valley. Looking about us with life detect to check for prying eyes, we cast the speed fortifyer and rushed down to the valley floor.

Several people were fighting - with less than brilliant success - a Giant. Lest we tip our hand, we both slowed to normal speed and ran towards the battle.

Olfsson, as is his wont, charged at the Giant with his shoulder down. Knowing that at the last moment he would augment his speed and strength, I watched as he collided with the towering menace. The Giant toppled over onto a fence, the post of which skewered it through and out the stomach. He roared and tried to arch his back. I ran to the other end of the bearded aggressor, and, as he looked pleading at me, I removed his pain made of this world.

I turned to see Olfsson deep in conversation with a slight, yet obivously well able, red-headed Nord. As the party turned towards the city further into the valley, Olfsson turned back towards I and nodded. It seemed we had found the Companions.

My journey would have been quiet had it not been for the Olfsson-like Nord called Farkas that joined me, and began conversing with me about Heavy-Armour, a topic very close to my heart. A joy to finally meet someone as well able to discuss the intricacies of multi-weave metals and the despair of threading leather straps through Orichalium!!. A true master of Heavy-Armour I had found in Farkas, a Brother-in-Armour!!

And so I spent the hour of my journey to Jorvaskr - or however you spell the damned place - happy. A feeling that, sadly, was not to last.

------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 24 2012, 01:38 PM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 25 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #571

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, J’Zirlo! Love it. biggrin.gif

Allek the Breton has discovered that the Savior’s Hide is not a good look for a man. It also seems to make the mannequins walk around the basement of Honeyside when you put it on them. Scared the crap out of me when he went back inside. The damn thing is stuffed into a wardrobe now.

He stopped back in Riften to pick up Marcurio before heading out to please yet another demanding daedric prince. Jenassa looked hot in the Savior’s Hide, but she spent most of the last dungeon either on her knees or spouting her useless knowledge. At first Allek enjoyed her know-it-all attitude interspersed with bouts of begging for her life, but then it only made him miss Marcurio. So he dumped her safely back at the Huntsman (whew) and headed home.

Sadly the next adventure might have to wait. It looks like Mr. Grits is staying home tonight instead of going out with his buddies. It’s raining. I’ve tried to make them sound like a bunch of babies for staying in, but so far it’s not working.

ETA: It stopped raining! Here's what happened with Allek and Marcurio.

“Wow,” said Marcurio, gazing up at the sky. “Would you look at that.”

But Allek was watching two Vigilants of Stendarr approach. Their swagger was unmistakable.

“Stendarr's Mercy be upon you, for the Vigil has none to spare,” one said as she passed.

Her partner would not be outdone. “Wherever the Daedra hide, the Vigil of Stendarr will cast them into the light,” he declared.

Allek knew that if he looked at Marcurio, they both would laugh. They were wearing the tokens of four Daedric Princes between them, and the daedric beacon that they had just restored cast white light over the entire forest.

The two holy warriors stalked down the hill and away.

“Skyrim’s finest minds at work,” said Marcurio. “It’s a shame that dog isn’t still with us.”

Allek was cold and tired. The last thing he wanted was another fight. “Solitude or Dragon Bridge?” he asked.

“Solitude,” said Marcurio. “I want some Cyrodilic brandy and a room as far away from the bard as possible. That means the Winking Skeever.”

Allek smiled to himself. Uphill all the way, but it would be worth it.

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 25 2012, 03:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 27 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #572

Mouth
Group Icon

Lovin' the stories everyone. McBadgere, I don't think I saw any spoilers in your story...I haven't finished Companions yet, though. I think I've only done it up to the part where we have to make that first huge choice.

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 24 2012, 07:23 PM) *

Sadly the next adventure might have to wait. It looks like Mr. Grits is staying home tonight instead of going out with his buddies. It’s raining. I’ve tried to make them sound like a bunch of babies for staying in, but so far it’s not working.

ETA: It stopped raining! Here's what happened with Allek and Marcurio.

Lol. If it was me, I'd do everything in my power to be inside gaming. I love gaming TES when it rains. Or watching Dark Shadows. It was torture this past weekend, though, because it rained all weekend and I couldn't really game extensively. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 27 2012, 04:14 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 27 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #573

Ancient
Group Icon

From the journal of Hrafngoelir

Well Ma, I took the scroll back to the mad man. But that was not enough. He needed Dwemer blood too. As if he was ever going to get that. But he had an idea that the blood other elves might work. So he gave me this weird blood collecting contraption and told me to get blood from all the other elf races. I said sure. I get attacked so often that I expected it would not take long for me to fill it up.

Turns out I was right. I knew where to find plenty of Falmer blood, and the rest just came to me as bandits and the crazy Daedra cultists. One of them just came out of nowhere when I was at a farm outside of Riften. I found the journal of an alchemist down in Blackreach. He mentioned the farmer in it, and said that she was a friend of his. I took it back to her, along with a bunch of samples of the plant he was studying. You would have loved it Ma. It was those glowing, singing nirnroots, only red. I've never seen a red one, outside of Blackreach. And this farmer, she was actually growing the normal green kind on her farm. I didn't know you could do that.

Eventually I made my way back to the ice, and the mad man. Did I mention that he was a Daedric Cultist too? I found out when a Daedric Prince turned up, and told me to kill him. As if I would ever do the bidding of one of those things. How people can worship them in beyond me. We are nothing but cattle to them. Things to be used, and then butchered.

So like I said, I got back to him with all the blood he wanted. Turns out that was all he needed. With that - and this weird Dwemer cube he had me inscribe in Blackreach - he opened up the big locked cube. He was so disappointed when there wasn't a heart of a god inside. Just a ratty old book made of patchwork leather. I get the feeling the leather wasn't from animals either

He didn't live long after that. No, I didn't kill him. He got what all Daedric Cultists get in the end - betrayed by his master. Apparently this book was sealed up to keep people from using its blasphemous powers. Well that was fine with me. I left the damn thing where it was and locked it up behind me, then dumped the cube in the sea. Too bad all those Daedra scum can't be dealt with so easily.

I tried to read the scroll when I got back home. I pulled it open, and looked at it. The whole thing just lit up. It did not have any words on it, just that funny glowing symbol. It burned itself into my brain, and everything went black. I woke up with a pounding headache and found out it was the next morning. What in Oblivion had happened? I guess only folk wiser than me can make heads or tails of those things. I wasn't able to cipher a thing from it.

Still no sign of you in all this Ma. I didn't find you in Riften, or Whiterun while I was there. I'm running out of cities where you might have gone, if that's what you did. I think it's time I stopped looking. For now at least I think if Mara wants me to find you, I will. If not, then I won't. But for now, I've got something to do that I've been putting off since I met Ralof.

It's time to go to Windhelm. Time to join the Stormcloaks.

-Hrafn, in Danwstar.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 28 2012, 01:50 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 27 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #574

Councilor
Group Icon

It sounds like Hrafn just completed the mission that Allek and Marcurio will next embark upon. It should be fun trying to find that place without any markers!

Today Allek spent some time converting Ionas old room into a study for Marcurio. Here's a picture of my TV. Sadly the candle glare obscures the rolled papers propped in the basket. That was not easy to do! Marcurio has a wardrobe for alchemy ingredients, an endtable for scrolls and potions, and a chest of drawers to keep the soul gems organized.

The enchanting room holds a number of daedric artifacts and a kettle for leftover soul gem fragments, but the main feature is this: The restless mannequin. I thought it was the Saviors Hide that made it walk around down there. Nope. Maybe its Ionas ghost.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 28 2012, 04:43 AM
Post #575

Councilor
Group Icon

Excellent Subrosa!!...Loved it...

The pics look cool Grits...

and Lady Saga...

McBadgere, I don't think I saw any spoilers in your story

Maybe not so far...But there will be (or would have been biggrin.gif ) kinda wrestling with it...It kinda (while I was typing it) changed from simple journal to full on fan-fic, cause I'm fitting it into my main story, which while you can recognise the individual quests that the four chars went on in the first bit, and the meeting the giant outside Whiterun...Some of the stuff I thought of fleshing out from the Companions stuff would make it truly more of a fan-fic proper...So kinda should be in that section, y'know?...Dunno...Cleverer peoples help?!!... laugh.gif tongue.gif ...

AAaaamywho...Sorry, I witter too much...

Still doing Companions Radiant Quests at the mo...And for those who've done the Companions...Aela is now the only one...That should let you know what I've been up to... laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 28 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #576

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 27 2012, 11:43 PM) *

Still doing Companions Radiant Quests at the mo...And for those who've done the Companions...Aela is now the only one...That should let you know what I've been up to... laugh.gif ...

No, I'm not sure. But that's okay, don't tell me. It's something I haven't done yet.

I love all y'all's pics, too. I need to get a digital camera that takes better pics more reliably...cell cameras are so hard to work with, or they can be hard to work with.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 28 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #577

Councilor
Group Icon

Thats a question Ive been pondering, McB. Should we ask for this thread to be moved to the spoiler section? There was no spoiler section when we started it. Or perhaps start another thread there so that we still have a place here for people who dont want things to be spoiled?

I know exactly what JZirlo has been doing, and Im so jealous! I miss the Companions. Stupid glitched quest. I think even a separate thread in the Fan-Fic section would be an option, if you dont want to work it into the flow of KotNNK. Thats why I started my Postcards thread there, so that I would have a place for shorter pieces. I cant wait to read it, wherever it lands! smile.gif

In Grits Skyrim, I think that Marcurio will make a good substitute Darnand when Jerric gets here someday. Im on the PS3, so I have to pretend a lot. It would be fun if there was an Amulet of Zenithar feature for roommates the way the Mara Amulet lets you hook up with a spouse. The only way to get Marcurio to stay with Allek between quests was to marry him, and all of that love talk would not work for Jerric.

Saga, go for the photos! I love to see what people do with their vanilla games, since thats also my flavor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 28 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #578

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 28 2012, 09:32 AM) *

Thats a question Ive been pondering, McB. Should we ask for this thread to be moved to the spoiler section? There was no spoiler section when we started it. Or perhaps start another thread there so that we still have a place here for people who dont want things to be spoiled?

Well. I know I'm the newcomer here, but since these forums are so slow, it probably won't make much difference. I know there are spoilers are here, we all do. So I dunno. I just kinda read around them when I come to them. My memory isn't very good, so if I happen to glance something, I'll usually forget it, as long as I don't obsess over it over and over.

Saga, go for the photos! I love to see what people do with their vanilla games, since thats also my flavor.

Cool. I'm also on PS3. off-topic, but did you get to see any of that fabulous skipping and slow-downs and other probs before the latest update came out? I managed to avoid all this by carefully limiting the areas I explored with my games. I also shut all doors I came to, "stored" any fallen weapons and other items after battles into dead bodies, turned off all the auto-save features, and so on. Claire Voyance's game was okay until just before the update came out when I finally started seeing the PS3 issues start to show up in Riften and a couple other cities, especially.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 28 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #579

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 28 2012, 10:14 AM) *
Cool. I'm also on PS3. off-topic, but did you get to see any of that fabulous skipping and slow-downs and other probs before the latest update came out? I managed to avoid all this by carefully limiting the areas I explored with my games. I also shut all doors I came to, "stored" any fallen weapons and other items after battles into dead bodies, turned off all the auto-save features, and so on. Claire Voyance's game was okay until just before the update came out when I finally started seeing the PS3 issues start to show up in Riften and a couple other cities, especially.

I had one character who couldn’t go near the valley by Mistwatch after the patch that made dragons fly backward. Other than that I haven’t had anything so bad that I couldn’t play. (ETA: That's fixed now.)

Jensa’s glitched Companions quest still prevents her from getting any more Radiant quests from them, including the really important ones that I will not spoil for you. We just took her game in a different direction. Eventually I’ll find another character who will want to take that path.

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 28 2012, 03:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 30 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #580

Master
Group Icon

Today, Kraven Desselius , a hunter(And werewolf) went to hunt big game in the plains. Hiding behind a bolder, he stalked his latest prey; A large Mammoth. He attacked it, only to enrage the beast. Soon, three more mammoths emerged out of nowhere along with the giant shephard.

True story, I didn't even see the other two mammoths. So I had to retreat. I then played around with my female character, Vera theHuntress. She hung around taverns, sleeping all day and taking a break from her day to day Bounty Hunting job. I reloaded Kraven right after I played around with her for half hour or so. She's easily my highest level character. Being level 27 I think. Kraven is level 23. The other three are levels twenty, twenty four, and fourteen. If I devoted my time to a single character, I'll probably have been way past level 80 or something by now.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:30 PM