Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mod restartitis, Cross-infection from the game itself?
ghastley
post Oct 20 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm finding myself doing with mods what others do with their characters. I'm starting new ones, before I've finished work on the existing ones.

Bear Riders - I built Riders Lodge, added a couple of new NPC's, lots of skimpy outfits, and two or three quests. Got stuck trying to pair up recruits with their bears, and establish the patrols. I'm also having issues getting Unna to train more bears, because I don't know how to attach properties to an Actor.

Thieves Guild Continued - Created a number of new NPC's, the beginnings of the first quest, and added content to Riftweald Manor to open its doors once the Guild takes it over. Got stuck with quest conditions for executing Sibbi. I want to have him chopped by Svidi, but she may be dead, so I need Mjoll (who's essential) to step in for that situation. I just can't get the aliases to fill properly!

Orc Hearthfires - This was going nicely until it started crashing the game as soon as I created the small hut layout.

Elf Kids - I made a high-res head to generate the model-space normals, but can't get that process to work. The tutorial on it requires 3DS MAX and ZBrush, which I don't have. I figured out how to use Blender for the sculpting, but there's some subtle use of MAX that's eluding me. Stuck again.

Alik'r Dancer - still adding more content. It's released, but unfinished. I just made a modified Scimitar model, because I wasn't happy with the hilt on the vanilla one, and I'm working on a high-end one (probably ebony) for variety.

Diablita for Skyrim - She's OK apart from a kink in her tail when idle. It's a problem with one bone in the Bethesda animation, because I can see it in the Khajiit tail, too. It's just a lot more noticeable with a more slender tail. I downloaded the Havok tools to try and fix it myself, but again seem to need other software (like MAX) to use with it.

Hulk out - Actually finished that one! I just have to make myself leave it alone.

And all this is on top of multiple mods for my own use only, just to tweak things for one character. Drelka's getting a new dress like her one in Oblivion, for example.

I'm finding myself going back to my old characters and doing new quests with them. How do I get myself to go back and finish the mods I started?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghastley
post Aug 20 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

I was just about to toss this one out for testing, when I remembered that the male meshes were both copies of the weight 100 version. I still need to produce the other end of the scale.

I'll also take the time to consolidate the helmet textures into a single file. Right now, because the mesh is a combination of guard's helmet, redguard hood, and a piece of chainmail, those parts are each pointed at the texture files for the donor parts. I'd prefer to put them all on one map, so there's less to load.

The body is the same, but that's only two, and they're hard to squeeze onto a single map.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 20 2015, 06:40 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ghastley   Mod restartitis   Oct 20 2014, 03:48 PM
mALX   I'm finding myself doing with mods what other...   Oct 20 2014, 11:57 PM
ghastley   I'm doing it again, aren't I? I looked on...   Feb 13 2015, 08:30 PM
mALX   I'm doing it again, aren't I? I looked o...   Feb 13 2015, 09:44 PM
ghastley   Does that mean you'll try it? See the other t...   Feb 14 2015, 04:56 AM
mALX   Does that mean you'll try it? See the other ...   Feb 14 2015, 12:26 PM
ghastley   So I was getting tired of building homes, and I st...   Aug 15 2015, 03:29 PM
SubRosa   That looks good. Why not use the Blades shield? Th...   Aug 15 2015, 05:15 PM
ghastley   That looks good. Why not use the Blades shield? T...   Aug 15 2015, 06:01 PM
Grits   ghastley, this looks fantastic! Your recipe id...   Aug 15 2015, 05:20 PM
Grits   Oh, I just now saw the screenshot you added with C...   Aug 20 2015, 10:04 PM
ghastley   Yes, that's Dead Man's Respite. She...   Aug 21 2015, 12:40 AM
mALX   Yes, that's Dead Man's Respite. She...   Aug 21 2015, 05:26 PM
Grits   :lol: The armor looks awesome! Thank goodness ...   Aug 21 2015, 02:03 AM
ghastley   Just got to get a good screenshot of him with the ...   Aug 21 2015, 07:20 PM
ghastley   With the Dremora Heathfires mod looking close to c...   Mar 7 2016, 09:35 PM
ghastley   Just adding to my catalogue of unfinished mods: S...   Oct 2 2017, 03:43 PM
Sakiri   Here I thought this thread was about constantly re...   Nov 2 2018, 10:05 PM
mALX   Here I thought this thread was about constantly r...   Nov 2 2018, 11:26 PM
ghastley   Here I thought this thread was about constantly r...   Nov 3 2018, 02:20 AM
ghastley   Bump, just to remind myself what needs doing - sti...   Jan 2 2020, 08:30 PM
ghastley   [b]Succubus mod needs a lot more clutter added, a...   Jan 6 2020, 03:07 PM
Renee   I am assuming you take notes for a lot of things y...   Jan 6 2020, 02:22 PM
Renee   I'll check out ghastley.org then. Maybe there...   Jan 6 2020, 03:24 PM
ghastley   I hate video tutorials, because the author sets th...   Jan 7 2020, 05:33 PM
Acadian   I'm with you, ghastley on much preferring text...   Jan 7 2020, 05:46 PM
ghastley   I hope all my old notes are enough for me to pick ...   Feb 28 2020, 03:50 PM
ghastley   I just started a review of which incomplete mods w...   Aug 15 2022, 09:06 PM
ghastley   I may be having a relapse. I started designing a n...   Feb 13 2024, 07:54 PM
Acadian   Is there Apocraphobia Apocrypha in Skyrim?   Feb 13 2024, 09:15 PM
ghastley   Is there Apocraphobia Apocrypha in Skyrim? Drago...   Feb 13 2024, 09:58 PM
haute ecole rider   It's a lot creepier and more claustrophobic th...   Feb 18 2024, 04:32 PM
ghastley   I will have to post a tutorial when I get the Blac...   Feb 27 2024, 04:41 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:39 PM