Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 17 18 19  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TK's Mod Questions Thread, Got mod problems, or are you just lost with a tool?
SubRosa
post Mar 18 2017, 12:57 AM
Post #361

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 17 2017, 04:59 PM) *

Hi. I really want to make the Dawnstar Sanctuary darker. I tried going into the CK, going into the Cell window and into Dawnstar's sanctuary cell and deleting all the lightbulbs I could find. You know, I would highlight the yellow lightbulb symbol, right-click > delete it. Doesn't seem to have made any difference though, any ideas why?

You need to change the ambient light level in the cell. It is not something you see when simply selecting the cell in the Cell View Window. Instead go up to the Toolbar -> World -> Cells. It will pop up a window set on all the Interior Cells in the game. Find the Sanctuary and select it. Then click on the Lighting tab to the right. You can change it to use a different template there, or manually change the color values for the ambient light. The lower the numbers, the darker it will be.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2017, 02:04 AM
Post #362

Master
Group Icon

OH okay sweet, thanks you two!
+Quote Post
Brainviast
post Mar 30 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #363

Associate

I have a question about the CS for Oblivion.

So..I downloaded the CS from Bethesdas site...so the question I have is:
Do I have to use stuff in my mods thats already in the esm files or is there a CS CD like there is for Morrowind?

Im used to Modding in Morrowind using the CS CD so thats why Im asking. I dont know if that exists for Oblivion or not.

[Moved by moderator from Black Bows to this thread]

This post has been edited by Acadian: Mar 30 2017, 12:18 PM
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 30 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #364

Master
Group Icon

The Oblivion CS is just like the one that came on CD for Morrowind, with a few enhancements. The game content was all delivered on the game CD or download, and the CS just gives you the tools to manipulate them. You'll need a few external tools, too, if you want to create some types of new content, but you probably already have things like Blender, and the GIMP, if you worked with Morrowind. The file formats, .nif, .kf, .dds etc. are the same, but Oblivion uses later versions than Morowind did, so the same file may need a pass through the tool to convert it up before you can use it in the newer game.

Oblivion starts off with single-mesh bodies, so something like Better Bodies isn't needed, but of course there are several mesh replacements available. OBSE takes extension of the script language a lot further than was done for Morrowind, and the vanilla scripting language had a lot more in the first place. It adds a lot of AI - especially scheduled wandering of NPC's, so there's a lot of new stuff associated with that.

Consider downloading CSE (Construction Set Extender) which enhances the CS in several ways, the most useful of which (in my opinion) is to use assets directly from the .bsa files, without having to extract them first.

There's a huge amount of modders' resources - new meshes, textures, etc. - available alongside the mods at the Nexus, so you're not restricted to game content at all.

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 14 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #365

Master
Group Icon

With Fallout 3, I am wanting to find the GECK so I can edit a few things, but where is it? I got this game from Steam I think, does Steam automatically throw these files in some weird location? Urgh....

I see there is a link to download GECK stuff on this page. If Steam doesn't automatically give us this program, does anybody know if what's on this page is okay to use? Stupid question, I know, but I'm at work now and I can't test any of this on my work laptop. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 14 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #366

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't have FO3 from Steam, so I am not sure. I got the GECK from that very page. Try and see if it works.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 20 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #367

Knower
Group Icon

This is peripherally about modding.

On my new rig I'm auditioning ENBoost. One downside is that Construction Set Extender will not load if one of ENBoost's files is in the Oblivion directory/folder. I can of course simply move the file in question when I want to use CSE, then move it back when done. I got to thinking that I'd like a batch file to automate this for me. Knowing next to nothing about such things I came up with several scenarios, the best of them likely not possible. What I will settle for is one batch file that, when its desktop icon is clicked, will do the following:

1) if the file in question is in "E:\Games\Oblivion" it will be moved to the already existent directory "E:\<file name> Temp Storage".

2) if the file in question is in "E:\<file name> Temp Storage" it will be moved back to "E:\Games\Oblivion".

This way I can make do with only one batch icon on the desktop. Hit it once before launching CSE. Hit it again after closing CSE. Thus the file should always be where I need it to be, except when I forget to click the icon, which is likely to occur as often as not.

(My probably not possible idea was to somehow modify the CSE launcher batch to move the file out of the Oblivion directory before launching itself, then after the program closes to automatically move it back. Problem is, I don't see phase two as doable.)

I've done a bit of research on the web on how to implement the hopefully "doable" batch. Problem is, I'm too ignorant to know what to look for. I hope some of you more knowledgeable folks can offer assistance.

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2017 - 05:47 AM