Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TK's Mod Questions Thread, Got mod problems, or are you just lost with a tool?
Renee
post Nov 25 2016, 03:55 PM
Post #341

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Nov 25 2016, 05:27 AM) *

WB just seemed to me to be overly complicated to set up and administer. I'm sure it's great and all and maybe I'll give it another go this time around but if I do it's not an experience I can see me looking forward too!
The thing is I would really benefit from using it as I do run a very mod-heavy game and it is, even with OMOD discipline, easy to lose track of stuff.

Yeah Phon, I remember you actually tear down your entire game after a character's story ends, right? You get rid of all your mods, and also all your saves and screenies, right? I think it was you.

I have WB installed on my computer, and it is useful for a few things, but I mostly use it for the A-bomb glitch. I tried making a bashed patch once and my game would instant CTD every time. No idea why. And I just figured "OBMM + BOSS works for me". I just stick with that. I haven't added any new mods to Oblivion in a long time, anyway.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 25 2016, 03:58 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Nov 25 2016, 04:39 PM
Post #342

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 25 2016, 02:55 PM) *

Yeah Phon, I remember you actually tear down your entire game after a character's story ends, right? You get rid of all your mods, and also all your saves and screenies, right? I think it was you.

I have WB installed on my computer, and it is useful for a few things, but I mostly use it for the A-bomb glitch. I tried making a bashed patch once and my game would instant CTD every time. No idea why. And I just figured "OBMM + BOSS works for me". I just stick with that. I haven't added any new mods to Oblivion in a long time, anyway.

yeah that's me, everything tends to go at the end.
It's kind of a ritual, but later can be slightly annoying...! indifferent.gif

You've just reminded me of that glitch, I need to drop a fix in...

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #343

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Nov 25 2016, 10:39 AM) *

yeah that's me, everything tends to go at the end.
It's kind of a ritual, but later can be slightly annoying...! indifferent.gif

Annoying? I'd say it's gotta be intense. Cripes, I could tear down a game no prob, but getting rid of screenshots & saves? panic.gif That's intense, d00d.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 25 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #344

Ancient
Group Icon

I tried WB once as well, and could not make any sense of it either. So I have always happily stuck with OBMM/FOMM for Oblivion, Skyrim, FO3, and NV.

The WB instructions did not help either. It said I have to install Python for it to work. So I went all the way to South America and wrangled a giant snake, but then Customs wouldn't let me bring it back into the country! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 26 2016, 04:57 AM
Post #345

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit installed Wrye Mash for Morrowind on an older laptop once. Man that was a pain in the butt! The worst part was figuring out how to get Python installed first. Now they have the simple standalone ones that you simply install to the game's root drive, lol

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 26 2016, 02:22 PM
Post #346

Councilor
Group Icon

I wonder if getting Lopov's Rattler character would substitute for Python?

wacko.gif

Seriously though, aren't there two different WB installers? I think the one with Python is for more serious modders? Something like that. Because I don't remember installing Wrye Bash to be that hard.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 26 2016, 02:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 26 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #347

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah you can get the stand alone version which is a snap, then there is the one that you have to download Python first then Wrye Bash.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 26 2016, 06:11 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Dec 2 2016, 01:25 PM
Post #348

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 25 2016, 06:26 PM) *

The WB instructions did not help either. It said I have to install Python for it to work. So I went all the way to South America and wrangled a giant snake, but then Customs wouldn't let me bring it back into the country! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 26 2016, 01:22 PM) *

wacko.gif

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Given how heavily modded my game is, I really should at least try to install it and get it set up... kvleft.gif
Maybe once I've finished the mod I'm working on, then I'll do it...!

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 4 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #349

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Dec 2 2016, 06:25 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 25 2016, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 26 2016, 01:22 PM) *

wacko.gif

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Given how heavily modded my game is, I really should at least try to install it and get it set up... kvleft.gif
Maybe once I've finished the mod I'm working on, then I'll do it...!

I swear by WB. That and BOSS (LOOT is better for Skyrim) along with TES4edit and TES4LODgen, used properly, will keep your installation purring (to the extent Oblivion ever purrs). Yeah, it has a steeper initial learning curve than its two competitors. (I used OBMM exclusively for almost the totality of my first play-through.) Worth the effort, in my opinion. The big hurtle is learning how to install your mods as BAIN packages. (Only a very few mods can't be converted, some come as specific BAIN packages, a great many install as if they were BAIN packages without modification.) Gotta admit some WB terminology threw me off at first. The biggest offended? What instructions constantly refer to as placing a Package higher or lower in the BAIN INSTALLERS tab I see as the opposite. Their lower is my higher and vice versa. But you might not have this issue. If your mods and load order are already established start simple. Get used to the Bashed-Patch. Then convert a mod that does not require loading ESMs/ESPs to BAIN (assuming it needs to be converted, many don't) and install it via the INSTALLERS TAB. A small scale texture replacer would be an excellent choice. If you mess those up it won't totally hose your game. Do those until you get a feel of what BAIN packages look like. It also helps to download and unpack a few COMPLEX BAIN PACKAGE mods. Looking at those in my file browser helped a lot.

At any rate I encourage you to get it a shot, and don't be discouraged if it throws you off at first. It'll come. Heck, I learned it. (The basics at any rate. I'm certainly no guru.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 12 2017, 02:38 AM
Post #350

Councilor
Group Icon

I am looking for animal companion mods (Oblivion), and I could swear there have been some that feature birds, or maybe even bats? Any ideas?

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 12 2017, 02:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 12 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #351

Ancient
Group Icon

There is Maigret's Raven Companion. The same person also made a bunch of other companion mods as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 12 2017, 04:11 AM
Post #352

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa's mention of that mod reminds me. I used that one - and several other of Maigrets delightful companions. TocToc is recommended by me! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 12 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #353

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 11 2017, 09:13 PM) *

There is Maigret's Raven Companion. The same person also made a bunch of other companion mods as well.

Wow! wow! Woiw! Wow! Thanks! Perfect!

:hugs:

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 12 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #354

Councilor
Group Icon

That was in serious consideration for inclusion in Evergloam. I ended up just using Mr Siika's ravens circling over the gatehouse, as that was a free-to-use resource.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 13 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #355

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 12 2017, 03:37 PM) *

That was in serious consideration for inclusion in Evergloam. I ended up just using Mr Siika's ravens circling over the gatehouse, as that was a free-to-use resource.

I loved a lot of Mr Siika's resources; he had some amazing stuff in Oblivion!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 7 2017, 12:18 AM
Post #356

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anybody know why invisibility spells in Skyrim trigger people's hearing? And is there a way to turn this off.

Let me explain. My ice witch has 91 in Sneak, and can cast Muffle without anybody knowing. But if she casts Invisibility, enemies always notice, and immediately begin searching around, and they generally won't stop searching for a good, long while. By the time they do stop, it's usually almost time to cast another Invisibility spell. What's the point of being invisible then?

I wonder if there's a way to make casting Invisibility not so noticeable? I searched at Nexus, but the only mods I've seen so far overkill the game... they make the pc permanently invisible for instance, even if we activate something.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 7 2017, 12:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 7 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #357

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 6 2017, 06:18 PM) *

Does anybody know why invisibility spells in Skyrim trigger people's hearing? And is there a way to turn this off.

Let me explain. My ice witch has 91 in Sneak, and can cast Muffle without anybody knowing. But if she casts Invisibility, enemies always notice, and immediately begin searching around, and they generally won't stop searching for a good, long while. By the time they do stop, it's usually almost time to cast another Invisibility spell. What's the point of being invisible then?

I wonder if there's a way to make casting Invisibility not so noticeable? I searched at Nexus, but the only mods I've seen so far overkill the game... they make the pc permanently invisible for instance, even if we activate something.

It is because of a setting in the Magic Effect. Open the Ck and go to InvisibillityFFSelf. You will see a Casting Sound Level drop down box on the right of the window. It is normally set to Loud. That is what attracts attention when you cast it. Change it to Silent and NPCs should not notice it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 7 2017, 01:11 AM
Post #358

Councilor
Group Icon

Ninja'd! Yes, thank you SubRosa, I figured this out and was coming here to edit my earlier post. That's an easy fix. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 17 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #359

Councilor
Group Icon

Hi. I really want to make the Dawnstar Sanctuary darker. I tried going into the CK, going into the Cell window and into Dawnstar's sanctuary cell and deleting all the lightbulbs I could find. You know, I would highlight the yellow lightbulb symbol, right-click > delete it. Doesn't seem to have made any difference though, any ideas why?

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 17 2017, 10:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 17 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #360

Paladin
Group Icon

I sure hope someone who knows more than I comes along to help. That said. . .

King Coin made Buffy a custom apartment in the Mystic Archives long ago and I recall it being too bright. King Coin coached me through dimming it down. As I recall, the answer was not individual light sources but adjusting the overall lighting in the space. I'm really sorry that I just don't remember any more detail though. The only thing I can offer is to look for an overall setting for the cell.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:17 PM